Head YOUTEK Extreme Pro Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Ok, so first things first. Thank you Tennis Warehouse. I bought one of these racquets used for $79.00. The condition was "c" which had me worried, but the only problem with the racquet is cosmetic. The e and the x in extreme had peeled, ever so slightly. As for the stick, I've played 6 sets with it so far. However I did play with the Microgel version previously. I strung it at 58 lbs because I'm used to playing with under powered sticks, such as the (K Factor 6.1 90, BLX 6.1 90). In the first game my serve had no pace but TONS & TONS of spin. After that I changed my grip a bit and I was hitting serves as fast as ever. Though they did not seem as heavy as my K 6.1. My backhand was on fire! I hit a one and two handed. Both felt really good. My forehands were deep, heavy, and had a lot of pace. This is where I really felt the advantage of this racquet. Any short ball was an easy, easy winner. Good plow through, and I also noticed with all the spin generation, you can create Nadal-like angles. I'm used to the K 6.1, so this felt really nimble at net and I was very impressed with the volley quality. Good spin, good depth, and great feel! A lot more than I would expect from a stick like this. Overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone 3.5 level and up. Forgiveness of the 100 sq" head and the touch and control of a player's stick. I liked it much better than the Microgel predecessor. Admittedly, the graphic is a factor. Great racquet.
From: Christopher, 8/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code @ 58 lbs

Comments: I'm 38 and returning to the after 21 years off. I used to be around a 4.5 level when I played. My style is topspin on both sides and a one-handed backhand. I bought without demoing (don't have that luxury) this and an APDGT. I actually preferred the muted feel of the Aero, but the plow through of this racquet is amazing. So much so that I tried to customize the Aero to have similar plow through. Still this one is more powerful and for some reason better on slice. The Aero seems to float more often, while this one keeps it low like it should be. Block returns are really easy with this racquet. Volleys are fine too. The only real problem is the 1hbh drive, as the swing weight and insufficiently HL balance makes it slow for me. Had this been more than 7HL and not as stiff, I'd have stuck with it (started having TE symptoms). It is worth to say that it feels better than the Aero in terms of vibration and that I have been pretty inactive in the last 2 years. So, perhaps if you are more fit and stronger, you can handle this.
From: Ayman, 7/12

Comments: This is a great raquet, I've been using it for 2 years now and its ability to hit hard is amazing.
From: John, Alpena, MI, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 56lbs

Comments: Great racket, although not for me, mainly due to the high swing weight, but if you can manage it, it's a great stick, really powerful but controllable. You can definitely feel it's a stiff racket, but once you get used to it it's OK, it didn't cause me any arm problems. With the high swing weight you can serve really well almost effortlessly.
From: Pedro, Portugal, 02/11
String type and tension: Sigum Pro 25kg

Comments: Just came back to playing comps again after 10 year break. I've recently upgraded from the Volkl C7 Pro (almost an antique!) to this racquet. It maybe because of racquet evolution & developments in the last 10 years, but all I can say is that I'm very impressed. Fair swingweight but this is evenly distributed throughout the racquet. Because of its stiffness, you have to be confident with your shots. If you do, you will benefit from great spin & control. More power too compared to traditional 'players' racquets. 100sq also helps a lot for my topspin groundies, volleys are crisp. I also find it great for defensive play such as scrambling shots (maybe due to solid feel). Initially got the racquet prestrung with syn gut & it lasted 3 hrs play & strings kept moving due to open string pattern. Now strung with RPM Blast at 58lbs & I have to say it improved even more. Very nice!
From: Chris, Australia, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 58lbs

Comments: I think this is one of the best. It's a good stick for those who value the great game in a pure way. It's not one of those swing and hit sticks, it's a player's stick. Get it!
From: Craig, Farmington, CT, USA, 01/11

Comments: Garbage racket. Clumsy, hard to use, and the fat frame gets in the way of topspin shot. Spend your money on something else.
From: Joran, Sweden, 12/10

Comments: This is an excellent all court racquet. Nice spin. Controlled volleys. Controlled slice. Soft touch great. Great against hard hitters. Swing speed takes a bit of getting use to. It was difficult to generate the fast swing speed at first. I have played with the Wilson N-Code Tour 90, the Radical OS Liquid Metal, and the Radical Mid- Microgel. This racquet was the easiest to play with. And I have not had to put weights on it as I had to do with the others. I would not want to see someone on the other side of the net with this racquet.
From: Julias, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour at 57lbs

Comments: This stick and this stick alone has taken my game from a 4.5 to a 5.0 rating. Simply put, it does everything well. I always had Radicals and this was my first venture away from the traditional 'thin player frame' - but the difference is really noticeable on power, comfort and spin (probably more to do with the open string pattern).I'm able to swing a little bit slower now and still hit a heavy ball, which means I'm making lots more winners. I even dig the color (by the way, it looks really good if you get black stings and silver stencil). Totally 100% satisfied and having demoed a ton of rackets, this is one for me - no question!
From: Bill, Oxford, UK, 10/10
String type and tension:58 - Babolat RPM

Comments: Overall this stick was a bit of a let down. It has plenty of control and power but I just couldn't get over the fact that whenever I hit with it I thought I was hitting with a brick. By that, I mean that the maneuverability was horrible.
From: Alex, Miami, Flordia, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson sensation at 63 lbs.
Headsize:100 sq in.

Comments: What Amazing racquet!! I decided to buy this one, without any demoed before, just I did cause I have a lot of confidence in every review from TW, this racquet is amazing; lots of power but with amazing control, from baseline is solid, nice plow and huge top spin, I can get easy winners from my forehand and my backhand. I can serve flat, slice, kick with a lot of first serve! I think this racquet is perfect for fast medium swing style. Well done HEAD, finally together after couple years.
From: Mario, ViƱa, Chile, 10/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 60 lbs

Comments: I've played with the two previous models of this frame and like this one the least (favorite is the Microgel). Although all the numbers are the same as on the microgel, I can't seem to get this frame through the ball as quickly or smoothly. At the net, I feel like I'm handling a snow shovel. Not sure why this is, but I've gone back to the microgel (and previous) models, even though they are pretty worn out by now.
From: Mark, Bennington, VT, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Signum Poly Plasma 1.18 at 54/57
NTRP Rating: 5.0; USPTA professional

Comments: Best racquet ever. It felt incredible from the baseline, the net; everywhere to be more specific. Great spin and power and an amazing control. Congratulations HEAD, great racquet.
From: Diego, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre red code at 56 pounds

Comments: Great stability and plow through on this racquet, easy to dictate play from the baseline with the forehand but difficult to maneuver the racquet on the backhand (I play with a two handed backhand.) Amazing pace generated when serving and great feeling when hitting touch shots. Difficult to access spin though.

Comments: I have been testing a few 100sqi racquets lately looking for a stick to improve my game further - I have been using BLX90, and decided it was time to switch to something more suitable for me. I like a bit of weight in the racquet so it came down to the Extreme Pro & Pure Drive Roddick. The Extreme Pro had so much more all around compared to the PDRGT. Forehands were heavy with a ton of control, I really loved how I could hit a 70% effort shot down the line for an unreturnable, and backhands (1 hander) was easy too surprisingly. Serving was a pleasure, with sliders and kickers very effective, and flattening out the serve for a change of pace was awesome!! Volleying came quite easily as would be expected from such a racquet. This was such a solid stick that I have nearly decided this is the racquet for me.
From: Chaddles, Australia, 08/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power Ice Blue @ 54lb
NTRP Rating: 3.5ish

Comments: I played with a lot of rackets and this one is as sold as it gets. Exceptionally stable but also relatively easy to swing for a high SW racket and does not feel harsh in any way. Control is good considering how powerful this frame is and there is even some touch at the net. I definitely added some pace on my serves and this stick volleys like a wall. I was getting a lot of depth and spin on my forehands (semi-western to western grip). Backhands were a bit vague though. A very different and much better racket compared to the Microgel version - great job Head.
From: Anton, Staten Island, NY, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Head FXP 16 at mid-high tension

Comments: Currently I have Babolat aero pure drive (Nadal), I demoed this Head extreme pro last week along with Dunlop 4d 500. I was impressed with the power and the solid feel of this extreme pro. My baseline shots were more accurate, my volleys were solid and are exacting to target. No complaints to the weight, I used to have a Boris Becker 11 which is 12oz, compared to this 11.7oz. I ordered one and I will get it in about a week. I think this extreme pro will be my choice of racket for a long time.
From: Joe, WA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Pro

Comments: So I changed my racquet from Babolat aeropro drive to the head Youtek extreme and I'm really glad I did. I had my doubts at first, but now I love this racquet. It is a little heavy, but it gives you great control and power in your serve and groundstrokes. It gives a much better feel when doing slices and easy shots. Head has done a good job!
From: Juan Marco Torres, Los Angeles, California, USA. 07/10
String and Tension: Head White String 17 @ 59

Comments: Great racquet. Plays like a pure drive roddick, but has some added feel. Love it.
From: Jim. 8/10

Comments: I just got back into tennis after a 15 year hiatus. I demoed about 15 different racquets. I quickly settled on the 100 sq inch size as working best for me. I found that I most liked the Babalot Aeropro and Roddick (regular, not plus), the Head Extreme Pro. The deciding factor for me was the grip shape of the Head. It was the most comfortable by far. In addition, I really like the solid feel, plow through, power and control of the Extreme Pro. In general, almost every time I hit the ball, the racquet feels more solid and powerful than any of the others while still having lots of control. The swing weight is a bit heavy, so I have had some problems with quick reflex shots at net. However, this is just physics at work. You can't have strong plow through without the higher swing weight. The Head Extreme (non-pro) felt very good, but was too light. I could sense that it would likely be overwhelmed when faced with powerful shots by an opponent. Also, off center hits generated a bit more torque than I cared for. On the plus side, this racquet has a lighter swing weight and was much quicker to whip around at net. Hope this helps.
From: Ira, Silicon Valley, CA, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 Touch 55 lbs.
NTRP Rating: Probably in the 3.5 range

Comments: This stick is my new partner in crime. I absolutely love the stability and plow through I get with this racket. Also with the extra power, I don't have to focus on swinging so hard, and I can concentrate on my timing to send the ball up the line, or down at the feet of an opponent at net. A++
From: Nick, Lake Orion, MI, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: 58 lbs

Comments: When will a review be conducted for this frame?
(Kevin, look for our review under the racquet category in the Review section of the website--TW Staff)
From: Kevin, Brighton, TN, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline 54

Comments: Loved the old Microgel, this one is feels heavier. Serve is good, but I feel like I am behind the ball a bit on groundstrokes. When I switch to my old Microgel it feels quicker. Not sure why. I think I am going to string it tighter next time. Altogether a good racquet but I think I like my old one better.
From: Thomas, Santa Monica, CA, USA, 05/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 53 lbs

Comments: I demoed this along with Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and Pure Drive Roddick GT and Volkl PowerBridge 8. Overall, this was a good racquet, but did not have as solid of feel as I had with other Babolats - maybe the Cortex System. Although, there was good topspin and serves, but felt Babolat was better for my topspin game. Of the 4 racquets, I would rate this 2nd or 3rd. The Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex was the best.
From: Paul, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Feels totally different to the Microgel version. A big sweet spot and easy to generate spin. It's a powerful racquet, but I have to put tighter tension for better control and feel.
From: Manny, Texas, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Head FXP-16 gauge

Comments: Let me first come out and say that my NTRP rating is 3.5 so please take my comments with a pinch (maybe a scoop) of salt . However I do prefer heavier rackets (my fav is Tecnifibre 320 VO2 max 11.9 oz) so I went ahead and tried this racket. Here is what I found. First the good things. This racket is the best racket EVER for serves. It provides you with great power and control when serving. It is also a great racket for drop shot and pace variation shots. This racket can help you hit very solid shots if you are in the right position and have a long swing. However my real problem with the racket was that it comes across as a pretty bulky racket. It has a wide head and a wide beam and a high swing weight which makes it difficult to maneuver (the upside of that is it has a huge sweet spot which really helps but it takes a while to get used to the head shape). I found myself to be a bit late on the shots. However when I did manage to get good hold of the ball it was simply fantastic. This racket is also very stiff (72) so I would suggest that the guys with arm problems demo long before buying. I think this racket is the best racket to date for guys with strong arms who don't wear down easily and who can wield a bulky stick. Having said all the above I do feel this racket is much better than Babolat Pure Drive GT Roddick version especially in the power and lesser vibration department.
From: Srikrishna, San Jose, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 2

Comments: This is a great racquet, if not the best I've used. It offers great spin and a big helping of power. It feels completely different to the microgel version (even though it has exactly the same stats), giving the ball more bite.
From: Massimo, New Zealand. 3/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Blackcode

Comments: Great racket! It gives lots of depth, great spin, great power, great volleys, over all its a good racket.
From: Matthew, England 02/10

Comments: Feels a bit heavier (and quite different) than the Extreme Pro Microgel even though the specs say they are the same. Early prep is important as it is not easy to catch up if you are late. Easy to generate spin and stable but the ball really jumps off the default strings and tension (Head Sonic Pro). Will string it a bit tighter next time. Great serving racket. Youtek seems to do what it says it does - does feel noticeably stiffer when you take a big cut. Not 100% sure whether I am happy with it after 10 hours of play but will stay patient and see how it goes.
From: Patrick, Solna, Sweden 02/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro

Comments: Great racquet! Compared to the Pure Storm Tour, this one gives so much more punch and depth. Very easy to swing, too easy even. That's why I added some extra weight at 12 o'clock. I haven't hit with a nice one like this in a very long time.
From: Steve, Belgium 02/10