Comments: I purchased these shoes hoping it would be a suede version of the original Wilson Pro Staff I wore growing up in the late 80's and early 90's. The original Pro Staff shoes were discontinued last year, but even these had been cheapened over the last 10 years with less cushioning and durability in the sole. I looked forward to the updated version. After receiving a pair in grey suede, here are my thoughts: First, they are cheap. This can be compared to a "tennis shoe" bought at a chain discount store like Wal-Mart for 1/3 of the price. The sole is made from a cheap rubber compund. In no way does it resemble the Goodyear tire rubber from the original Pro Staff shoes. Next, there is virtually no support and the shoes will flex at any point due to the soft midsole and thin outsole. Think of the shoe as the tennis version of a minimalist running shoe such as the Nike Free. I tried the shoes on and briefly walked around the house. The shoes are very comfortable, but I would be afraid to use them for tennis due to the lack of support. The only reason to purchase this shoe is for a fashion statement. If you are nostalgic for the original Pro Staff and want to wear these shoes for going out and about, then buy the shoe. Just don't use them for tennis. Similar to other reissues such as the Adidas Rod Laver and Stan Smith, the new versions are a fashion shoe and not meant for playing tennis. After contemplating using them as a shoe for running errands, walking the dog, etc., I have decided to send them back to TW as I have a pair of minimalist running shoes that serve the same purpose. I just couldn't justify keeping them as a fashion statement. I hope the feedback helps.

Grey Shoes