Volkl Super G 8 (300g) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I hit with this and own the previous Organix 8. Like this a bit better, but overall Volkl 8s are worth a demo if you're considering the Pure Drive, Wilson Juice, or any of the other pro level tweeners. It's not as hollow as the Pure Drive or as stiff as the Juice. It's not as damp as other Volkl frames, but I found great touch, good power and lots of spin. Check it out if you're considering any of those other frames, you'll be impressed.

Comments: I really like this frame. Its static weight and swing weight make it both maneuverable and solid. I found it to be neither the most maneuverable nor the most solid frame on the market, but that said you will be hard-pressed to find a frame that does a better job of excelling in both categories. It might not be as comfortable as some other Volkl frames I have tried, but it is still extremely comfortable -- more so than any other frames I have tried with similar specs. As someone who is used to players frames but is looking for a bit more power from the racquet as I advance into middle age, I found this racquet to be an excellent answer. I have the extra power I'm looking for and still plenty of control.
From: JW, 4/14

Comments: I'll have to second David's review concerning this racquet. As stated in his review, the racquet definitely lacked plow through, and the string (couldn't tell what it was) seemed to be at maximum tension for the racquet. That gave great control, but I felt I had to work a little too hard to get any pace. Perhaps it was due to the string, but I wasn't getting that crisp feel I desire for my game. While it's a great looking racquet, I'll have to pass on this one.

Comments: Just got a demo and will be playing with it tomorrow, however this stick is supposed to weigh 300 grams unstrung. The demo strung with 16 gauge string weighs in at only 306 grams strung. It should weigh in around 315 grams strung so that's a pretty big disparity. TW -- is this typical of Volkl rackets to be off in weight by such a large amount?
From: Tim, 1/14
Comment from TW: This is actually fairly typical of all racquet brands, and if you have the multi string in the demo, it will weigh a lot less than if you have the poly in the racquet. When purchasing a racquet, if you are looking for a heavier or lighter one from our stock, just call in and we can help you find the ideal weight.

Comments: I have not tried the prior versions of this. Overall, I felt it was very ordinary and nothing stood out. Compared to a number of Volkl sticks, I found this not to be as comfortable as a number of others. For an open string pattern, I found it to be still very low powered even when strung with a multi at mid range. Lacks plow through and plush feel such as a V1 or even the pro version. Serves were better but once again other MP rackets by Head, Wilson and Babolat among others. The grip is less square so this helps. The major plus is this is a platform to customize and the cosmetics are the bomb, just not for me.

Volkl Super G 8 (300g) Racquets - Where to go from here