ProKennex Kinetic Pro 15G Light Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have been playing with the Original Pro Kennex Kinetic 15g Reach since it came out years ago and to be honest the newer version was a huge disappointment. I returned it since it was nothing like the original. First of all it was extremely light and would easily twist in my hand at times. I suspect this is because it is so light. I lost a substantial amount of power on my serve and ground strokes as well.There was also a good amount of vibration that could be felt upon ball impact compared to the original which really dampened much of the vibration normally felt. Again, overall a disappointment and nothing like the original. I have been playing tennis for 40 years and even went to the Nationals on a USTA team. I am an all court player.
From: Randy. 5/11
String type and tension: Leonia 66 @ 45 lbs

Comments: I love my Pro Kennex Kinetic racquets! I am a 49-year-old 4.5 female with a big, (pretty flat) forehand and a one-handed backhand. I developed tennis elbow 8 years ago due to gardening (planting 250 spring bulbs!!) I rested it, did "therapy" and changed racquets and my tennis elbow went away. HOWEVER, I do recommend getting 2 racquets, because if you break a string you should always have a back up. (I learned my lesson once after "borrowing" the pro's racquet during a lesson when my string broke...I didn't have my 2nd racquet with me for some reason, and we were hitting backhand volleys...after about 15 minutes of volleys using his Dunlop, my elbow started hurting again--lesson learned: stick with the Kennex 15g kinetic!!)One thing to keep in mind with this racquet is that it is VERY light. I added some lead tape to either side of the head. By adding the tape, the racquet does better when hitting volleys against big hitters...it sounds silly but at times, before I added the tape, if I was up at net and a guy would be crushing ground strokes at me I felt that the racquet couldn't handle the pace. With the tape on there it's fine. I'm so glad that this racquet is still available! If you suffer from tennis elbow, try this racquet--you won't be sorry! (Remember the lead tape if you are a big hitter, or hit against big hitters...ask your pro where to put the tape, he /or she will tell you where to put it! Good Luck:)PS If your tennis elbow is due to bad form/strokes, this racquet won't cure it, you'll have to take some lessons from a pro and change your technique.
From: Laura, Burlington, VT, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Dunlop comfort 16 gauge @ 59 lbs

Comments: I have had a history of tennis elbow and pain. Looking for the right racket that offers me buffer as well as a controlled all court game has been a challenge. I read about the award given to Kennex by Scientists for the Kinetic line so decided to use the racket.
This is a truly great racket combining softness needed to absorb injury to elbow/shoulder and the power and control necessary to be consistent and dig out a win. I would not recommend a better racket if you are older and need some vibration dampening yet seek power.
Notice I use gut to add control and it provides me a bit more pop. I play national tournaments and find this racket perfect. I use the 15G light after using the extended head for many years. The extended head was not a good choice as it increased some wrist and arm injuries. Stick with the 15G and use gut...practice and you will make improvements to your game. The ball really pops off the frame due to the ball bearings. Now go get one and watch the difference!
From: Jay, San Mateo, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Gut, 17 gauge @ 55 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: My racquet of choice is a PK Kinetic Pro 15 G reach, and I love it. I used to have TE, but with this stick the pain faded away. Very nice serve with a killing kick, sometimes unstable and nervy, but very nice overall. I've been thinking about an upgrade lately, so I'll to switch to a ionic Ki 5 or ki5x.
From: anon. 03/10
TF 16 NRG 60

Comments: I have played for many years. I'm 38 years old and about 4 years ago I developed tennis elbow. I did search like many of you and found ProKennex Kinetic 15G. I started using it and guess what? not only my arm/elbow felt better but my game improved. Recently I tried to find a new racquet, but from all the racquets I tried none was close to giving me the power, control and comfort that 15G gave me. So I bought 3 more ProKennex Kinetic 15G and love every inch of my racquet. I am 4.0 player and string at mid tension.
From: Marco, Edmond, OK, US. 5/08
String type and tension: Mid tension

Comments: I've had my Pro-Kennex Reach racquets for a couple of months, now, and have finally switched over to it full time from my Head TiS6. I've loved my Head racquet but have had elbow and shoulder problems, so was looking for a racquet that would help with that. Not only has it helped with these "getting older" injuries, but I find that the Pro-Kennex has given me more control and better spin. My serve is harder with less effort, and I'm very happy about that because it is easier on my shoulder. I've strung this racquet with real gut at 60 lbs. and have fallen in love. I don't break strings the way so many guys do, so perhaps using this expensive string won't break the bank.
From: Chris, USA 07/06

Comments: I LOVE this racquet! The 15G Reach had eliminated my elbow problems once before, and I am back for more of the same treatment. I was hitting with some new different racquets, and was very happy for about a year. My Tennis Elbow has returned. Thank you ProKennex Kinetic Pro 15G Light! I would suggest adding lead tape at 3 and 9 o�clock for stability. This is a very light racquet!
From: Perry, Dacula, Georgia, USA. 01/05
String type and tension: Gamma Livewire XP @60lbs.
Headsize: 105 sq. in

Comments: I bought the ProKennex 15g about a year and a half ago and I think it is a pretty good racquet. I like it, but I feel like I need a little more power than control in my shots and need to be more aggressive. That is why I am going to try to get another racquet, but still use this. I feel like when I am playing in a tournament, I need one for power and another for control. Overall it is a great racquet and you should buy it if you need a little bit more control than power!
From: Rahul. 8/04

Comments: I am 14 years old and have been using this racquet for two years. I only started playing two years ago. I recently changed racquets and had to play a match. My new racquet didn't give me the power and spin that I need. I have now changed back to my Kinetic and am playing well again.
From: Emma, Adelaide, SA, Australia. 6/04
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut

Comments: The ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach is the answer. I am a 3.5-4.0 player and have tried numerous other sticks...the Volkl Cat 4, Wilson Hyper Hammer 2.0 to name a few. None have performed as the 15G. Please, don't be fooled by its weight or other statistics. This tool can handle all aspects of the game. For those of you who suffer from tennis/golfer's elbow, stop wasting your $$$ on imitations. While playing with the Volkl Cat 4, I started experiencing elbow pain. While some of you may say it was due to stroke form...wrong. I picked up my 15G after several months of non-use and, no more pain. The ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach receives my highest recommendation!
From: Dr. Laguna, Norfolk, Viginia, USA. 1/04
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic @ 58lbs.

Comments: I am a 4.0 player who plays singles and doubles 3 times a week and have been using the 15G Reach for 6 months now and will be buying a second one soon. I am 46 years old and was having elbow problems playing with a Yonnex 1500TI. The 15G Reach has almost eliminated my elbow problems. It has good power for serving and baseline play and offers descent control at the net. The sweet spot is somewhat smaller than the Yonnex 1500TI, but once you find it the racquet performs extremely well and is easy on the elbow.
From: Kevin, Fort Worth, TX, USA
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Pro Plus 17 @ 63lbs.

Comments: This is the one I had been looking for, for a very long time. I'm a 4.5 level player and play a lot of doubles. It's not only giving me the control from the baseline, but also power at the net and on the serve. I used to serve very hard but felt sore after games when I used other racquets. Since I have used this one, those problems have gone. I have had two of these for about two-and-a-half years, and plan to get a third one soon. Hopefully, ProKennex will keep this model on the market for a very long time, as I plan to stick with it for next 10 years.
From: Lawrence, Parsippany, NJ, USA. 3/03
String type and tension: Prince Topspin Plus 16g. @ 58 lbs.

Comments: I am 62 years old and have just started playing tennis again. I had to stop because of severe elbow problems as a result of an old injury years ago. I purchased a ProKennex 15G Reach a few weeks ago, and cannot believe how much better my elbow feels after playing a couple of sets. I get a lot of power from my 15G as well as control. I purchased several other racquets before I found the 15G Reach. The word needs to get out on this racquet. I will buy another soon for a back up.
From: George Tanoos, Rockwall,TX. USA 2/03
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Pro Spin 16g. @ 64lbs.

Comments: I am 4.0 level and have used the ProKennex Kinetic 15G for about 6 months with some lead tape added on the frame at 9:00 and 3:00 positions. I love this racquet. It has both power and control. Just a few weeks ago, my 15 year old son tried it and then he asked me let him play with it. After that I have had to use my old racquet, a Prince Thunder Extreme oversize. This morning I ordered two more 15G's from Tennis-Warehouse. Give the 15G a try, you'll like it!
From: ThanhLam, New Orleans, LA. USA 2/03
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut @ 58lbs.

Comments: I have not tried the newest but I have had the older Pro Kennex Kinetic 15G model for a couple of years. I have heard that there is not much difference in how they play so I will relate my experience. In my search for the perfect racquet for me, I had put away my 15g thinking I could better it. I had discovered that my 52 yr old shoulder would tire in a longer match with a heavier racquet so I started trying some lighter weight racquets with good results but then my elbow started to hurt so I pulled my 15g out of my bag and started playing with it again. Mine is stock, with the exception of an eighth ounce of lead in the handle and a little lead tape at 2:00 and 10:00. Even after my first match I could notice a difference in my elbow. The racquet has power but not too much. It has especially good spin on ground strokes and serve and my kick serve kicks as high as any racquet I have tried. One of the other racquets I own is a Babolat Pure Drive Plus Team and I can say without a doubt that the 15g has better control for me. After giving it a second chance, I think I might stick with this racquet for a while.
From: Bob, TW Message Board post, USA 4/02

Comments: The Pro Kennex 15G is an awesome stick from top to bottom. I demoed the 5G but liked the specs on the 15G a little better. I bought the frame without even looking at it and I am completely satisfied. I was concerned about the light weight but with its thicker beam and even balance I don't see myself adding any weight to it. I am a baseliner who loves to pound it out and the 15G has good pop and great spin control. I'm sure it would handle well at net if I ever go there. I am sold on this racquet and would love to demo the 7G as well. The Racquet Research site loves the Kinetic bead system and so do I. The only drawback I can see is the finish on the racquets. I don't think paint sticks that well to the models plastic.
From: Tom, Las vegas, NV. USA 1/02

Comments: I've been using the 15G for two years. I originally tried it to combat tennis elbow. Mission accomplished. In addition, it is a great blend of power and control.
From: Bob, Newtown, CT, USA 10/01
String type and tension: Gamma SyntheticGut 16g @ 65lbs.

Comments: I'm sold on this racquet. I just got a used one 2 days ago, from the Tennis Warehouse classifieds. It is light weight, but has a solid frame. Using this racquet is a pure joy, hitting out or with topspin and having the ball stay in is great. But its ok if I hit out once in while, I get a kick watching my playing partners, pull the ball out of the chain link fencing! Middle age and enjoying it!
From: Frank, Honolulu, HI. USA 4/01
String type and tension: BDE Performance 17g Natural Gut string @ 65lbs.

Comments: I'm a 3.5-4.0 player that plays around 4 days a week on hard courts. I was developing elbow problems with my Wilson Hyper Hammer 4.3 and 5.3. Knowing that this condition is due more to technique (or lack thereof) than the racquet, I ordered the ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach with much skepticism. My elbow problems have pretty much vanished, despite no change in form! I have also found that I'm hitting my serve with much more spin. The sweet spot seems a little small, but it hasn't really been a problem. I may have sacrificed a little power, but have more control. I have been very happy and ordered another 15G right away. I can't believe more stores don't sell these racquets. My elbow thanks you ProKennex!
From: Ben, Lansing, MI. USA 3/01
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16g @ 63lbs

Comments: The 15G Reach is one of the best control oriented racquets with decent power in the market. It possesses superior control in a slightly head heavy, almost vibration free, and light weight package. It has relatively small sweet spot compared to other "tweener" racquets despite its 105 square inch head. An off center shot won't bother your arm due to the Kinetic Technology, but power drops significantly. Once you hit the sweet spot, the pace of the return is high and the precision is great. I found I hit more planned winners, but more defensive points were lost as well. I added 14 grams of lead tape above the grip, 4 grams on 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to bring the weight up a little as well as increasing the stability against hard hits. You might want to go higher than the middle of recommended tension (unless using Polyester or Kelver string) for better control since the Kinetic 15G Reach is quite sensitive to tension. If you can consistently hit the sweetspot and are looking for a midplus racquet with medium power, good maneuverability, and excellent comfort, along with great precision, you should give the 15g a try.
From: Jeffrey, San Jose, CA. USA 2/01
String type and tension: Gosen OG-Sheep Jim Courier 16g @ 62lbs

Comments:After using various Prince and Wilson racquets, I decided to follow the racquet research site's advice - I bought the Kennex Pro 5g Reach and Kinetic 15G Reach. The 5g is solid, but 15G Reach is GREAT - it's light, but has awesome power on ground strokes - has great control, and allows me to snap the wrist more effectively. Because of its light weight, it is absolutely awesome on the serve - allows a lot more control and makes "in the air" adjustments easier. Overall - probably the best racquet I've played with.
From: Dmitriy, New York, NY. USA 11/00
String type and tension: Prince Helix 16g. @ 60lbs.

Comments:In my opinion, the Tennis Warehouse review seriously understates the power of the Kinetic 15G Reach when strung at mid tension. I hit flat strokes without much topspin, and this racquet has a great deal of "pop." I plan to take the tension up 2-3lbs. to tame it a bit. The best aspects of this racquet are (1) its maneuverability at net; (2) the ability to generate racquet speed on the serve; and (3) its comfort, particularly considering its light weight. Of course, it is much harder to keep your wrist firm on groundstrokes swinging a fly swatter than a tree trunk, so if you can't keep a firm wrist, try a heavier model.
From: John, New York, NY. USA 7/00
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17g. @ 60lbs.

Comments:My husband and I both purchased the ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach for two reasons: 1) We both are older players that suffer from tennis elbow. My husband is 68, and I'm 58 years old. We heard that this racquet was good for tennis elbow so we tried the demo racquet. 2) We wanted a heavier racquet because our previous racquet, the Vokl Quantum I, often twisted in our hands as we volleyed. The Vokl has a strung weight of 9oz. which is about .7oz. lighter than the Kennex. We are 3.5 level players. We have been taking lessons and developing a longer, harder swing. Now we notice that the light weight racquet twists against hard hit balls. We didn't notice this when we were hitting softly.

We tried the Wilson Hyper Carbon which weighed 10oz. strung, but felt quite heavy, especially for volleys. We rejected this racquet because it tired our arms. We want to play doubles and we love to volley, so we need a racquet that is easy for us to move.

We have been playing for two weeks with the ProKennex Kinetic15G Reach racquet. We love it. It hits with power, but also with control. It has a nice sweet spot, and off-center hits do not hurt the arm. It withstands heavy balls at the baseline and at the net. We are both very satisfied.
From: Diana, Woodside, New York, USA 4/00
String type and tension: Babolat vs Power 16g. @ 58lbs.

Comments:I just bought the ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach a week ago. To me, the most wonderful thing is that my tennis elbow is gone. I am a hard hitter and this Kinetic Ti 15G Reach gives me more control that I needed. The placement, control, spin, volley, slice all are excellent although I want a little bit more power.
From: Paul, Toronto, Canada 4/00
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 17g. @ 60lbs.

Comments:The ProKennex Kinetic Ti 15G Reach is a great racquet for control and maneuverability at net. I'm much more confident on overheads. I have added about 1 oz. (total) of weight at the 9 and 3 positions for added stability. I will probably drop down to 58lbs. when I restring to gain a little more baseline power. This racquet is great for elbow and shoulder comfort as I played 4 sets last night and my elbow and shoulder feel fine; something I think about more as I am 44. Now, if they could only invent a shoe that leaves your legs feeling fresh!
From: Mark, Columbia, SC. USA 3/00
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17g. @ 63lbs.

Comments:I used a Wilson ProStaff, the Hyper Carbon 5.3, and several Rossignol frames before I got the ProKennex Kinetic 15G Reach. I've found the 15G Reach to have plenty of power on my serves and ground strokes (my strong points), yet be maneuverable enough for serious net play. I demo'd several frames from Prince and Wilson, but found the 15G to be the perfect blend of power, control, and dampening. Several comments have been made regarding the noise generated from the "kinetic materials" within the frame. If you are concentrating on your game, you will NEVER notice the noise, which is very insubstantial. Basically, the 15G allows me to hit as hard as I need with a great amount of control and no pain in my arm/shoulder. I'm a strong 4.5 level player, and envision easily using the 15G through the 5.5 level.
From: Tom, Maumelle, AR. USA 2/00
String type and tension: Head RIP Ti.Fiber 16g. @ 68lbs.

ProKennex Kinetic Pro 15G Light Racquets - Where to go from here