Comments: This is my second post regarding the BLX Pro Tour. I found that this racquet will hit with great control even at 45 lbs (18 gauge poly). This provides excellent dwell time which improves control and feel. The dense string pattern prevents string movement, so I do not have to straighten my strings out after every point, and this means longer string life. This racquet will never have the plush feeling of my 6.1 90 frames which are a solid box beam and have a very open string pattern. Still, it is great to have this racquet in the bag as a third back up.
From: Kimbal, 9/12
String type: Wilson Endurance 18g

Comments: I play No. 1 singles and doubles for a Division 3 school in Indiana. I recently switched to this racquet from the Aeropro Drive GT. The first couple weeks hitting with the Pro Tour was rough, given the smaller sweet spot and loss of maneuverability compared to the Aeropro Drive. After 2-3 weeks though, my game began reaping the benefits of this racquet. My balls aren't as heavy as they were with the Babolat, but placement is much improved, which is a transition I wanted to make with my game. I find the depth quite good, and my serves are improved with the Pro Tour as well. I will say my volleys have lost some punch with the smaller sweet spot and heavier weight, but overall I found the Pro Tour has suited my game in all other aspects. It's a nice balance between a powerful, lighter Aeropro Drive-type racquet and an absolute player's racquet such as the Six.One. Also, string it a bit looser. I strung my Babolat at 58 lbs, and 55 still isn't low enough for the Pro Tour. I'm going to string them at 52 lbs next time and see how it feels.
From: Blake, 9/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 55 lbs

Comments: Terrible. One word to describe. This was the first BLX racquet I bought, and the experience was so bad that it created a bad image in my mind about BLX technology. Now I am reluctant to use any of other BLX racquets. Wilson, please ban this racquet, or at least change the string pattern to 16x19.
From: Muhammad, 8/12

Comments: This is my first Wilson BLX racquet, and I have to say that this racquet feels good to hit with. It has good control on the groundstrokes, but I still need more time to get to use to its strength. Overall, a good racquet to compete with.
From: Nathan, 7/12
String tension: 55 lbs

Comments: I have had around 5 years experience in tennis, starting at the age of 12 with regular playing and training around 3-4 days a week however I've only owned 3 expensive racquets before so I have little experience with other racquets. Just thought i'd get that out there. Pros: As a player who has a high topspin forehand with a lot of power, I felt it worked well, it was easy to achieve solid, powerful deep groundstrokes. I also found it easy to achieve explosive power for placed shots and still maintain a good deal of control and feel. Furthermore, on my serves I was able to achieve much spin of my serves as well as A LOT of power on the 1st serve. Cons: My backhand slice was a very strong shot of mine before i got this racket. The feel is pretty rubbish as well as the sweet spot is rather small it's quite tricky to build up confidence with it. Due to the tight string pattern, it's a little hard to generate spin with the slice. I now hit, more often than not, a rather slow, floating backhand slice which I don't have confidence to hit with much inspired placement. With the volleys I personally dislike it, purely because I'm pretty shocking at them anyway but mainly due to the small sweet spot and the hollow feel you can sometimes get off of the racket. Though I say this if you're any good at volleys you'll find that you can place them nicely if you manage to hit that ball in the centre. It doesn't generate a huge amount of topspin so it's a struggle with getting good depth if you don't hit your shot groundstrokes with very much. I felt the racket took a while to get used to due to it having a smaller headsize/sweet spot than I was used to.
From: George, 5/12

Comments: Added some tape to the head at 12 o'clock! The BLX turned into a mean machine. My single handed backhand has improved out of sight. Serving aces down the middle became second nature. Forehands went fast, straight, and true.Length was controllable.Volleys punched and crunched. They should rename the BLX 'the magician's wand!' Indeed a very impressive stick! Hope I still like it next week !

Comments: This racquet has an identity crisis. It wants to be both a players frame and a game improvement frame but in the end really doesn't do either right. I remember reading the tennis magazine article and how they praised this racquet for its excellent control but I'm just not seeing it. The strung weight is 11.6, which makes this racquet heavy for a game improvement bit on the lite side for a player frame. The string pattern is 18- 20 and head size 96, but the sweet spot is made too powerful by the thick beam of the racquets. I felt like I needed to use a conservative swing or my shots would go into the back fence. Ground stokes are the high point of the racquet, since the balance helps you swing through a two handed backhand and it's easy to unleash on forehand approaches. This frame is just awful at net since the small head, big beam and ridiculous sweet spot led to alot of shanks and long balls. First serves with this frame are fine, but the closed string pattern severely limited the amount of kick or slice I could put on my second. In the end this is flawed frame and I can see why del Potro stopped playing with this. I can only recommend this frame for a high level baseliner with good technique but a smaller stature.

Comments: Nice stick with good pop from the baseline, my forehand improved in terms of power and accuracy after switching to this stick, good touch at the net.
From: Leong, 3/12

Comments: See my first comments on this racket. Since having this racket since July of 2011 I have made some changes in the way that it is set up from when I first tried it. I have added weight to get a little more pop on the serves. I am getting a little more pop on ground strokes too. I think that with this racket I am making fewer mistakes. The tighter string pattern may be giving me more control even strung at 50lbs. My volleying has sure improved over BLX Surge, lots more control. I really like this racket. It is too bad that Wilson is discontinuing.
From: Chuck, 1/12

Comments: BLX Pro Tour has a very dense 18x20 pattern which requires lower tension for good feeling. Found 54 lbs with 17 gauge poly was too stiff and boardy. Restrung with Dunlop multifilament 17 gauge at 54 lbs and still too boardy. May try MF 17 gauge at 50 lbs next time. The KF Pro Tour version, in comparison, is 16x19 and seems much more open string pattern, a bit more bite, and lower pitch sound.
From: Kimbal, 1/12

Comments: I like the stick its easy to play with and you can hit very hard with it. The only down fall is that it's hard to maneuver at net.
From: Spencer, 1/12

Comments: Great stick for me. I am used to Kpro Tour but with the Kpro I had to add lead to the 3, 9, 12 o'clock and balanced the handle to make it more stable. This one is okay to use it without modification. Compare to the Kpro, BLX just a lot sweeter. My Kpro is heavy and mean and loud at the baseline. BLX goes all court, better than Kpro in all departments except defending heavy blows for lack of mass. Easier on the elbow also - I can play a few hours without having to ice my elbow afterwards.
From: JayZee, 1/12

Comments: I'm happy with this stick only with 52 tension. I initially opted for 58 tension, and the results were terrible. So it is a great stick for those who have strong wrist to maneuver it well.
From: Kashif, 12/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Big Banger, 52 lbs

Comments: Nice control and great for what it does (keeps you from overhitting). However, my backhands suffered from this racquet and I found less control with them. Forehands are amazing, no problem with the weight of the racquet, and this is the first racquet that I've used without putting a shock absorber on. Only problem is the less control on the backhand because of the higher power required to hit it over the net. Off center shots are unforgiving.
From: Tim, 12/11
String type and tension: Dunlop Black Widow, 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet has nice pop and sound except for the hollow feeling.
From: Johny, 12/11

Comments: Great stick for singles or doubles but I like using this stick more for singles. Power and control are great! Coming from using my Wilson RDK 90s, NCode N Six.One Tour and my KFactor 88. I use these sticks more for doubles now. Maybe just once in a while for singles for a few games or warm ups. Then switch to the BLX Pro Tour which gives more power for my game which I lack.
From: Arge, 11/11
String type and tension: Toalson Recon at 56-58 lbs

Comments: I just demoed the Wilson BLX Pro Tour. It was strung with Hollow Core 16. I normally use Luxilon Big Banger TiMo 10. This racquet has amazing control and power when you need it. I played doubles on grass and low balls were easy to slice back or hit with topspin. Volleys were crisp and placement was excellent. I hit some singles and ground strokes were consistent even when hitting big shots. The ball was easy to hit down the line with power. The string pattern does not allow for as much spin as the traditional 18x20 string pattern. I can see where stringing a poly would be difficult. I think that I have found a new racquet. I will string it with TiMo 18 and send in another review. Also, this did not hurt my arm.
From: Chuck, 7/11
String type an tension: Wilson Hollow Core 16

Comments: For me, the Pro Tour inspires confidence with great control and it has the ability to harness the power for winning shots. I picked up a Pure Drive GT+ at the same time and found out that the Pro Tour provides more resolution, put simply it has a wider range of shots. This racquet is quick at the net, has full control, rips at the base line and slices and dices like magic from all over the court. Swing away with this sword and watch it drop in time after time. I'm getting another Pro Tour for my game.
From: Oly, 7/11

Comments: I like this racquet as it seems best suited for topspin players and even better for killer slices. My slice improved so much that when I slice a ball it hardly bounces and just stays on the spot it bounced. The racquet has a good feel and I don't lose control easily.
From: Nandish. 5/11

Comments: This racket is great for control and spin. The string pattern is not the greatest, but youll easily get use to it, yet the weight and headsize are right in the middle, and that's perfect for me. I got two about a month ago, and I recommend hybriding this racquet. If you can just create your own power, your completely set with this racquet. However, I do not recommend this racquet to lower level players. At least give this guy a demo.
From: Keivan, Johns Creek, GA. 4/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code mains, Wilson Sensation crosses

Comments: I don't see many comments from the ladies on this racket so I thought I would add a few. I purchased this racket without demoing after hitting with the BLX Pro Open, which had too much power. I was a little worried since the Pro Tour is a full ounce heavier, has a denser string pattern, and has a smaller head size than what I have been playing with (Wilson nCode nBlade.) Out of the box this racket works very well for my singles game and plays better for me at the baseline. I have a very hard topspin serve on my first serve and I generally slice the second serve. I am able to place my serves with a much higher percentage of first serves than my old racket. I am able to hit deep flat shots and hit quite a lot of topspin from the baseline with ease. My favorite shot is my slice I am able to slice from anywhere on the court normally; with this racket I have really had to work on the forehand slice for some reason it wants to float on me. However, my backhand slice drive has been exceptional. I am finding adjusting to this racket at the net has been a little more difficult for me. I am having a harder time finding the sharp angles without over doing. It is likely more operator error than anything; the extra control from the racket at net has just been difficult to adjust (the swinging volley doesn't help.)
From: Jenn, ID, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 60#

Comments: This is a very unique racquet. It has the typical Wilson feel (stiff/mute), but plays more powerful. The 62 stiffness rating doesn't match well with how it plays. I'm not sure if it's a stiff hoop or what, but it plays more powerfully than you'd expect. That's not a bad thing as long as that's what you're looking for. Power wise it plays similarly to the Pure Drive line. The most noticeable difference is the very, very dense string pattern. I've still found this racquet to be very spin friendly, but suspect if you struggle to get topspin, you'd struggle more with this stick. If you don't struggle with topspin, you get all the benefits of the tight bed. It's very precise and predictable, has great feel, and for people that have to pay for their own strings, you get a huge increase in string life. The specs are very friendly for tweaking with lead. I've found the stability to be rock solid in stock form (so no need for lead at 9-3), but a little lead at 12 really helped against hard hitters. String selection and tension is really important. The string bed is dense... String it several # lower to achieve a similar string bed to other racquets, even other 18x20's. I had always played with heavier, flexier players type sticks (prestige, Pro Kennex, most recently PB10 Mid), so was surprised by the power. I wasn't expecting it, but once I adjusted, I love it. There's still plenty of control when I hit all out, but my less than full shots are much more penetrating. Fully leaded with an OG and a dampener, the racquet is still just under 12oz and 8pts headlight. That's at least 0.5oz less than I was used to, and while that doesn't seem like much, it's very noticeable. Bottom line is I think this is a great racquet that because of it's paper-specs isn't getting into the hands of the people that it suits best. If you're someone that likes a slightly more powerful racquet (think APD, Pure Drive, Prince Blacks, etc.) but want more control and precision, this is a great find. The only negative I'd add is this racquet is an absolute pain to string. Weaving a stiff poly is the definition of un-fun.
String type and tension: Various polys, currently Pacific X Force 17@48#

Comments: Hi, just don't see the data of this racquet on Tennis Warehouse University. Will you put it up there?
From: Gazza, WA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Tourna Rough, 45lbs
(Gazza, the TW Professor is hard at work and will post the BLX Pro Open with the other new racquets for this year; keep checking TWU for updates--TW Staff)

Comments: I am in love with this racket! It is a killer weapon. Precise to the limit. It is so forgiving that I started to create tricks with it like hiding the swing very behind my body so the opponent can not read what I intend to do. I like to hurt with my background shots and this precious is the one to do that with confidence. The best racket I have ever used.
From: Sandro, 2/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger XP, 50lbs

Comments: Be aggressive when using this racket! Send it back and swing as fast and long as you can. Hit the ball with confidence and you will have great pleasure. You've got to generate your own power. Believe in yourself when playing with this weapon and beat your opponents.
From: Sandro 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger XP, 50.

Comments: I switch from k pro tour to the blx version and what I like most from blx is my backhand, especially the topspin that's generated. It has a little bit more weight so you have to be able to handle that. I really preferred my old k pro tour I think I had more control and spin. Blx feels like play with a piece of wood. Too stiff.
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane tour 16

Comments: Before I played with the K Six.One 95 (18x20), which was fine until I demoed the BLX version, to my surprise it wasn't up to expectations. Yet this is so amazing plus the lifted weight is more than helpful with my type of play. I Serve and volley for singles, for doubles I'm the net player.
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Rough mains 57 X-One Bi-Phase crosses 60

Comments: I changed from Aero Pro Drive Cortex to BLX pro tour. aero pro cortex was also very good, but wanted a lesser head size racquet with 18x20 pattern and good spin. I sometimes felt that the Aero Pro Drive isn't that good for one- handed backhand players. I bought that just because I am a Nadal fan.BLX pro tour has all of what I was looking for. My game has improved a lot with this, especially my shot accuracy. I never have problem generating power. All in all, my favorite asset now. I am going to buy another soon.
From: Aditya, 10/10
String type and tension: Kamachi Monofilament, 58
Headsize: 96 sq inch
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I started with a Pure Drive GT, which was way too stiff and powerful. Then I went with a Wilson 6.1 95, but it was a bit too heavy for me. I ended up buying the Pro Tour and I really took to it. I am using BB Alu Rough at 55 tension and it is working really good for me. I love how flexible the frame is and I can get tons of spin with the BB strings. My backup is another Pro Tour that is currently strung with BB Rough (mains) / Wilson NXT (crosses) combo. This combo feels really nice, but I usually play better with the BB Rough only setup for some reason. I am 6'2'' 205 lbs and it was hard finding a good low power racquet that wasn't too heavy until I found this stick. Volleys are great and my game has definitely improved with this stick.
From: Pete, Calif. 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Rough @ 55
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Just switched from Prince Graphite Mid-Plus frame to the BLX Pro Open Tour. I was never a fan of Wilson frames, but this one changed my mind. It took me a few days to adjust my swing mechanics but once I dialed in my swing did not regret the switch. My serve has become more consistent. I had more plow through with the Prince but my 1st serve in percentage increased with the Wilson.
From: Joe Sanchez, Bossier City, LA, USA. 08/10
String type and tension: (M) Luxilon Big Banger (X) Wilson Hollow Core both @ 55lbs

Comments: K Pro Tour was one of the best racquets of all time; Wilson did a bad job by changing BLX Pro Tour from 16X20 string pattern to 18X20. Initially demos had 16X20 string pattern but they changed it later. Hope they re- release the 16X20 string pattern version or at least in the next upgrade.
From: Saravie, Hillsboro, OR, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson Kpro Gut at 58lbs

Comments: I previously played with the K Pro Tour and thought this would be a great update to that frame due to the increase in swingweight. The weight is definitely better, but the change from the 16X20 to the 18X20 robbed this frame of power and spin. Too bad Wilson changed their mind at the last minute and made this an 18X20 after sending out 16X20 demos. Now those I would like to get my hands on!I am back to the K Pro Tour with a little lead.
From: Richard. 6/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre e-matrix 17 @ 52

Comments: Used to play with Kfactor pro open, demoed these and just loved it. I had a bad experience with 18/20 racquets before, but this time around the volleys were just crisp and the forehands have a ridiculous level of spin. You have to have a solid swing and good accuracy do not smoke the frame, but when you do your job, the racquet does its. I love this stick.
From: Chris, Baton Rouge, LA. 06/10
String type and tension: Gamma TnT/PHT 17 hybrid 56/58

Comments: I previously played with the K-Six One Team and loved it but always wished it were a bit heavier. I switched to the Pure Drive and it felt better but lacked control (or maybe I'm just out of control). Anyway, this is the right balance between the two and I can say I really like it quite a bit. Stable, solid, great spin potential, and good power and accuracy on serves.
From: Dan, CA, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase 17 @56 lbs.

Comments: The Pro Tour is a really good stick. I have played with the Liquidmetal Radical for four years, never really finding a reason to switch. This one fell into my lap when my brother was demoing some racquets, and I decided to switch pretty quickly. There is definitely some pop in the racquet, but I haven't had any trouble keeping the ball in the court because it provides a ton of topspin. Easy to serve and slice with as well. It's very stable, and easy to swing. I thought it felt a little hard to maneuver at the net, but I got over it pretty quickly.
From: Brandon, Sheboygan, WI. 6/10
String type and tension: Unique Big Hitter at 60lbs

Comments: I have recently demoed this racquet, I tried this along with the Wilson BLX Pro Open racquet, which is used by Feliciano Lopez. This racquet is so much better because of its stability when you hit the ball and its nice control, but you have to supply your own power, which is not a problem for me. I have been playing with Wilson racquets since I was 8 yrs. old and I have found these new frames to be no less than exceptional-what I have always found. Give this racquet a try, I would highly recommend it.
From: TJ, Ft. Collins. 6/10
String type and tension: Mains-Luxilon ALU Power rough at 60, Crosses Babolat Pro Hurricane at 60

Comments: I really enjoy this racquet it has a good solid feel to it. While using this racquet my backhand has improved my forehands feel very solid, the only problem with this racquet is the small headsize. I frame the ball a lot with it but overall it is a good racquet, good control good power nice crisp volleys I would definitely recommend this racquet.
From: Blaine, Havre, Montana, USA. 5/10
String type and tension:gut 55pounds

Comments: Been using for about 2 weeks, including demo time. Great stick, excellent control, & plenty of spin for 18x20. My 1HBH is completely transformed from my previous Babolat APDC+. Able to really swing through the ball much more confidently. Serves & volleys also exhibit much better control & feel. Highly recommend.
From: Chad, Greenville, SC, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17/Live Wire 16
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I have been using the KBlade 98 for a while but wanted to try out a BLX. This racquet allows you to drive the ball and change direction from behind the baseline very well. I wouldn't suggest this racquet to anyone under a 4.5 NTRP rating, because it is suited for the player that completely generates their own power and has clean strokes. As Wilson suggests this racquet has great feel and feels very solid even when put against heavy pace.
From: Lucas, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 String, 58 tension

Comments: As someone who hits very hard but struggles with consistency I thought this frame might be a good fit. What a dud -- the racquet has all the feel of a lump of lead, or should I say basalt. No power(obviously), no spin, no control and no feel. How much of this was attributable to the simply awful stock strings is unclear.
From: Matt, Martinez, CA, USA. 5/10

Comments: Great racquet, very stable. Offers lots of control. I've never been a fan of Wilson till this racquet. Pro Tour is a great stick !
From: Dan, DeMotte, IN. 5/10
String type and tension: Mains = Isospeed Control 55 lbs. Cross = Wilson Sensation 59lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: Great racquet. Switched to it 3 months ago. Good balance of power, control, and plenty of spin with thinner strings if you have half decent strokes. Harder to flatten out shots compared PS6.1 but its a good trade off stamina wise.
From: Jos, AUS. 03/10
String type and tension: Hyperion x sensation @50 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5

Comments: Probably the best racquet I have hit with from Wilson. I used to use the Blade 98 and just switch to this racquet the 96. Unbelievable volleys serves backhand slice, everything is good about this racket. It feels solid anywhere on the court.
From: John Smith, Atlanta, Georgia, United States. 03/10
String type and tension:Mains-Luxilon Big Banger 58, crosses Wilson NXT Max 60

Comments: Just demoed this racquet last night. It felt a little stiff but overall provided great control. It especially helped my backhand topspin. All my shots were landing in and with a lot of power. However, I just couldn't get enough distance on my backhand slice. I would recommend this to people who have power shots and are looking for greater control.
From: Muneeb, San Jose, CA. 2/10

Comments: The problem with this racquet is that it is made for advanced players. If you cannot create your own spin or do not have solid strokes, this racquet is not for you. If you thought the old pro tour was light and not solid then give this one a try. I do not like the other BLX racquets but this one will be a hit for pro players and accomplished players alike.
From: Rob, MA 02/10
String type and tension: 56 lb Wilson hollow core

Comments: I just bought this racket to upgrade from the old Pro Tour..what a disappointment! The tight string pattern really provides no ball spin whatsoever. Serves are average. And the backhand slice is a total failure. What is Wilson doing? The whole line of BLX is completely muted and dampened..equals no feel! Stick with the older version! I'm so mad I've already sold my old Pro Tours on ebay. I've used Wilson rackets my whole life and this new BLX line is terrible Even with my Signum Pro Poly Strings! These strings rule! I'm switching to the AeroPro Drive..(Nadals) you just can't go wrong with this racket it can do it all!
From: Kent, SC 02/10
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly-Speed Spin 16 58lbs.

Comments: Taught with it last night. It played very light, which is to be expected since it is 10 points head light. Similar control to my blade 98 but with a bit more spin and felt more maneuverable throughout the back swing. For the life of me I could not find the control and depth with the slice backhand.
From: Tyler 02/10

Comments: Just as advertised. Control oriented and a very pleasant hit. You bring your own power and the BLX Pro Tour will do the rest. Stable on volleys and easy to produce spin.
From: JC, Nor California 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core @57 lbs
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: I was previously using the KFactor 6.1 tour 90, and decided to go with this rather than the BLX 6.1 tour 90 because I needed a bigger headsize. I can say this suits me better because it is still very control oriented like the 6.1 tour because of the tight 18x20 string pattern but with a bigger sweet spot. Very subtle difference dampening wise. However, I remember have elbow pain when I first started using the KFactor. So perhaps in the long run the new basalt technology will be beneficial.
From: Stefan, Fresno, CA, USA 02/10
String type and tension: M:Babolat VS Team @53lbs, X:Luxilon BB Alu Power Rough @50lbs
Headsize 96 sq. in.

Comments: I've only demoed the 16x20 version, but the frame didn't feel anything close to 62 stiffness, it actually felt a lot higher. Good power/control, but not quite similar to the KPro Tour
From: Anon, US 02/10