Babolat Pure Control Tour Plus Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I am a higher side 4.0 player who plays mainly doubles. I have used this racquet for about 2 months. I previously used the Wilson 6.1 BLX Tour (90 square inches) which I love. I have been looking to move to a bigger racquet which is more forgiving. I have done demos over 5 times but had not found anything that fits until this racquet. My volleys, forehand and overhead are accurate with more power. My serve had more spin and is more consistent. My backhand slice is better but I did have better control on my topspin backhand with the 6.1. But I am working on it. I use Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 strings at 55 pounds which was in the demo. One question that I ask myself is how much of a difference these strings make. I just got them put into my old 6.1 for curiosity. I also put on a leather grip and some weight at 3 and 9. I may need to add a little more weight at 3 and 9. It may help my backhand which was my best shot before. I can take losing a little on my backhand to make my forehand more of a weapon.
From: Nate, 7/14

Comments: Extraordinary racquet. But you have to modify it: Change the grip out -- to the Babolat's syntec grip or the TW leather grip. Over grip: yes. Counterbalance with twelve grams of weight divided evenly at the 9 o'clock 3 and at 12 o'clock. My string setup is the mains with 16 gauge tonic natty gut at 58 lbs and crosses with 18 gauge Solinco Tour Bite at 56 lbs. This setup has turned my Plus Control into a sharp scalpel. My only complaint to Babolat: Quality control! The paint peels right off with the lead tape. Shameful for such a wonderfully engineered racquet. But it hasn't stopped me from ordering a second one. Yeah, it's that good. My skill level: A-level player. Style: slice and dice, two-handed backhand, and with a solid kick serve.
From: Guido, 5/14