Comments: I play with a Dunlop Muscle Weave 200G 95. It's heavy and flexible (18x20). The Microgel Prestige Pro (16x19) is a very comfy racquet with excellent control. The Microgel did make the entire rim feel like it was imparting pace to the ball. My shots felt stable, and even luxurious. It felt very light weight for a 12.1 oz. racquet (316 sw, 7 points hl). Because I'm used to an older, heavier racquet, the Prestige Pro didn't feel like it had as much potential for my anticipated improvement. But, for now, it did feel like it had equal power, with a lighter weight. This would be a great racquet for tennis' golden years, if you're already used to a player's spec. racquet. 3.0 to 5.0
From: Kevin, Woburn, MA, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Demo strings, guessing about 61
NTRP Rating: Guessing 3.0 w/ good pace

Comments: I have been playing for almost 20 years and have tried numerous plyers racquets such as the pro staff original, 6.1, prince graphite, c10 pro and of course the orginal prestige classic as well as the classic mid plus. The MPP 98 is inferior to any of the above racquets. While this frame has great control, it is too stiff and has no power at all. My arm was aching after playing with this frame for a little over an hour. It is just too light thus there is no mass behind the ball and you have swing very hard. I am disappointed with this frame and will stay will the C10 Pro which is much forgiving and has some decent power as well as comfort. Lastly, this frame does not play like the previous prestige models.
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY 09/09
String type and tension:NRG 16 57 LBS
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: Absolutely awesome racquet. I had this racquet for about a month and then switched to a Youtek Speed mp for about 2 weeks and a Prince Speedport Black. Could not get the same fell on groundstrokes and especially on serve. This is a monster on serve it will improve anybody as long as you can swing a 12 ounce+ racquet. But the headlightness makes it easier on you.
From: MT, MISSISSIPPI. 8/09
String type and tension:BIG BANGER ALU POWER ROUGH,HYBRID WITH A POLY

Comments: I am getting back to serious tennis play after a number of years. I used to play with the Prestige Pro in the late 80's - early 90's and I was a 5.5 player. Head size was 90 in2. Fast forward...I picked up my first MGPP off that auction web site when I decided to get back to playing remembering the days of yester-year. I found that I had lost a lot (skill - gained a lot around the middle) and that this racket required a certain skill level to appreciate (generating all power, and you really want to keep your hits close to center). This is not the same Prestige racket that I had played with years ago as many other have said (including the TW testers). Okay so-be-it. But the racket is what it is. The racket I got was strung with Wilson NXT 17 (tension unknown). I played with it for about 3 weeks, thought it was a nice racket but was unsure about the string set-up, but I decided to get a second racket. I sought some advice and it was recommended that I string the racket with Tecnifibre NRG2 17 at 57 lbs. Well what a difference! The second racket was spot-on for me. I believe the first racket to be strung at least 60 lbs. The different string in combination with a slightly reduced tension is perfect. I am able to hit my control shots including topspin lobs, side spins, and my down the liners. The reduced tension also gave me a bit more pop and feel, which is what I felt, was just a little off with the first racket. I am going to be re-stringing my first to match the second. I am not back to a 5.5 yet (probably won't be again) but I feel things are coming back very quickly and this is a great racket for my control game. Bottom Line: This can be a great racket if you have good skills and can generate your own power - as long as you get the right set-up. Stringing does make a huge difference

Comments: The racquet is very appreciable. I can trust this racquet with every shot in terms of power, spin, depth, and control. Accuracy is a 9.5 out of ten as I smacked every serve with precision. It's head light enough to make flicking easy, but head heavy enough that my shots have sting in them. I love my prestige!
From: Asher 07/09
String type and tension: Wilson Nxt 16 gauge at 57 lbs

Comments: This racquet has renewed my interest in the game. Balance and stability are almost amazing. Maneuvers like a ten-ounce racquet, yet the weight is apparent on backhand volleys, serves, and serve returns. Can't remember when I've aimed for lines with lots of pace, and hit them routinely. My one adjustment was to put 8-9 grams of lead at 12 o'clock. Sorry Yonex, it's over.
From: William, Lake Worth, FL, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Power@58

Comments: I've been using the prestige line for many years and always loved it. Recently I switched from my beloved Prestige Liquidmetal Midsize to Wilson k-blade tour which gave me some trouble with my arm, so I looked for the Microgel Prestige midsize but couldn't find it anywhere in Denmark, so I bought a pair of microgel prestige pros. It took me a few hours to get used to the slightly larger headsize, but after that i really felt what a great racquet this is. it doesn't feel much like all the other prestige rackets I used, but its more powerful and spin friendly, slightly more head heavy I must say. Super racquet for serving like prestige has always been, but this one gives you more spin, I could feel it especially on kick serves. very nice on groundstrokes, smooth and precise with just the right amount of power and spin. Volleys are great too, very good touch. I really like the feel of microgel it just feel so rock solid and at the same time you don't feel any vibrations at all. Simply an awesome racket. Can't say one bad thing about it. like I said, have always loved the prestige line, but this one is just different but in a good way.
From: Simon, Copenhagen, Denmark 06/09
String type and tension: Wilson reaction 26/27 kg

Comments: Fantastic shoe, great support and very comfortable!! Would not hesitate to purchase more of these great shoes from Head as I must say the quality is the best!!!
From: Aurelian, Trumbull, CT, USA. 06/09

Comments: I used to play with Prince O3 White (headsize: 100). It was too powerful. Then I switched to MG Prestige Pro hoping that it is more control oriented and 7 pts Head Light feature. It dramatically improved my game. Open string pattern at lower string tension generates excellent topspin when used with Big banger rough. I definitely recommend Prestige Pro for those looking for great spin and control.
From: Ozgur, Istanbul, TURKEY. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough @ 55 lbs

Comments: By far one of the best (New Generation) racquets on the market. I have tried all Wilson, most of the Dunlops that are worth trying, but this racquet is simply the best. It's flexy, has great control, and excellent top spin. I was demoing racquets for over half a year and I was unable to find anything until I hit the 1st ball with the Prestige Pro it was love at first hit, buy this racquet you will not be disappointed!
From: Tim, United States. 05/09
String type and tension: Full Big Banger Rough 66 by 62
Headsize: Head Microgel Prestige Pro 98

Comments: Great Racquet. I was playing with the Wilson npro open prior to this, but I wanted something with more stability and more low through effect. This racquet is perfect for me. It's control orientated, but also has good power. The weight in my opinion is perfect, it is a 12 oz racquet, but the swing weight is much lower than its actual weight. I would say it's a less demanding version of lets say the k six one 95? It has most of what that racquet has, but I like this better because it has better maneuverability and more forgiveness. Also, this is the best one-handed backhand racquet I have ever used. I am still experimenting with strings, but I think I am going to stick with the Luxilon around 56-58 pounds.
From: Evan, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power 56

Comments: I have hit this racket for almost a month now. One thing I instantly noticed is how mobile it feels. For being a 12.1 oz racket you can get it around with ease. The open pattern helps with control and spin. I notice that even on some of the return of serves where I do a block/stab return I can still get decent pace on the ball. That certainly is different than any other racket I have hit in the past.
From: Barrett, Las Vegas, NV. 4/09
String type and tension: Big Hitter 16 Grey

Comments: Good racquet. Take it easy on the swing and let the racquet do the work, just like a golf club. It hits big; string is everything. I like the full pop this stick gives, I have demoed them all. I have always been a Prince guy, but this is my choice now.
From: Michael, Cornelius NC. 04/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT hybrid 52 cross 56 main

Comments: I've been using this racquet (pro MGP) for about a year now and I completely love every aspect of it. This racquet provides exceptional control without sacrificing any spin/power at all, in fact, I'm able to put even more spin with this racquet than with any others I've used (probably because of its open string pattern). If you're hitting poorly with this racquet, try changing your strings before giving up on it.
From: Daven, SD, CA, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough @ 54lbs
Headsize: 98sq.in.

Comments: I've been using this racquet for 1 year now, and I have absolutely no complaints. This racquet is a true control freak. It provides great spin off the baseline and on serves.
From: Nick, SlateHill, New York, USA. 3/09
String type and tension:synthetic gut

Comments: Move to this racquet from a Babolat Pure Control Team. I was looking for a racquet that was better at the net and with my 1hbh. I had previously used a Flexpoint Prestige MP and it was a great racquet in every aspect except my elbow. I was hesitant to try another Prestige model but pro at my local shop insisted I try the MG Prestige Pro. I'm glad I did. It was much better than the Flexpoint Prestige and was easy on the elbow. No problems at all. The racquet has a very nice soft feel to it. It was a better fit for me over my Pure Control Teams as well. Much better at the net and on the backhand. Volleys are great with nice touch and control and my backhand is back! I'm able to generate great spin on both wings and I don't feel the 16x19 pattern has contributed to any control issues. I'm finding more control with this racquet than my "Pure Controls"! My serve took a little getting adjustment but I have found this racquet has forced me to improve my service form. After a week or so I locked in my serve and my flat 1st served and second kick serve are improving greatly. I really have enjoyed this racquet so far.
From: Jim, Houston. 2/09
String type and tension: K-Gut @ 59lbs

Comments: Absolutely one of the best rackets I tried. I used to play with the Volkl C9 Pro since I had wrist tendinitis. But the C9 Pro was too underpowered. I bought 2 brand new Prestige Pros. Suffice it to say that the Prestige Pro is way more powerful and stable. My opponent even noticed the added "kick" on my serve even at low velocities. I am currently experimenting on string setups.
From: Beanie. 2/09
String type and tension: Babolat Attraction @ 51 lbs

Comments: Switched to this frame after playing a Fischer M Pro. The Fischer was a breeze to hit, but was too whippy in heavy rallies and a little loose at net. This frame addresses all of those weaknesses. It is not as forgiving; but if you have good technique, the ball goes exactly where you want. Great spin and responsiveness on touch shots. I saw in an earlier comment and agree that slice backhands can float on you. Definitely the best stick I've hit.
From: Shaun, Wailuku, HI. 2/09

Comments: Adam seems to be right. The bumper/grommet on Andy's racquet runs through the whole head, just like the Prestige models. The Radical's bumper is rather thin and protects only the top of the racquet's head.
From: Adriano, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 1/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid - Hurricane Tour 17 / Excel

Comments: I previously played with the flexpoint prestige, which gave me tennis elbow, then switched over to the Wilson K-90 tour and never looked back. My son plays upper tier high school ball and I picked up a pair of these for him, and spent quite some time playing with them. Overall, this is a very good stick with excellent soft feel, much improved over the flexpoint. The 16X19 string pattern offers great pop and spin, just like the K-90, but with a more forgiving headsize. For real stability and power, however, this stick is a bit underweight. I added lead tape at 9 and 3 o'clock, and about the handle to get the weight up to 360 grams and balance back to 31.25 cm (10-11 pts headlight). The weight on the frames varied by about 10 grams, and needed matching. Once beefed up, these racquets really sing! Amazing spin, and heavy balls are easy to come by. Very stable on volleys, and blocking back big serves. Overall a great racquet and vastly improved over the flexpoint 18X20. My son loves it, but I'll stick with the K-90.
From: Anon, CA, USA, 01/09
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut @ 60 #

Comments:I parted ways with my trusty Babolat Pure Drives (pre-Cortex) since I can't get them in the market anymore. Got 5, broke 2. Decided to give the Prestige Pro a try. Lots heavier than BPDs but the swing weight is fantastic. Blown away by its touch and control. Power and spin is just nice due to open strings. A very sound and solid racquet. I agree that this is a racquet not meant for beginners or intermediates. Old school big swinging aficionados with sound spin techniques and power will appreciate this stick. I suspect that Andy Murray may be using this racquet but had some cosmetic painting done to it to resemble the Radical he endorses. Loved the racquet. Got 4 in the bag - that is all they have left in the store.
From: Adam Ilhan, Singapore. 1/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Ace 18, 58lbs

Comments: First off, I want to say in advance that I am neither giving this racket a good or bad review because that perspective changes from player to player. However, I do want to address the people who are planning to purchase this racket. Beware. If you read carefully, the description box talks about how this racket is meant for players with skilled enough strokes to be able to generate their own power, well the description box wasn't lying. This racket is ALL feel. In fact, I had to add 5 grams of lead tape to the head of the racket, just to make it stable enough to generate more power. To break it down to you, pros of racket: stability, feel, control, great for serves, and great for slices. Cons of the racket: no power what so ever, very stiff feel considering how flexible the racket "claims" to be. If you can get past the cons, the racket is actually pretty solid, literally...
From: Farren, dallas, texas. 12/08
String type and tension:prince synthetic gut, 54

Comments: Jesus Christ, have mercy! On my opponents that is! The Microgel Prestige Pro is my new favorite racquet. Accompanied with long, smooth strokes, I can literally hit the ball as hard and fast as I can and it will still strike with pinpoint accuracy. Seriously, don't be afraid to swing out with this racquet since it's the only way you can bring out its full potential. The racquet feels completely solid even when returning hard serves and overheads. I especially love this racquet at the net! My volleys have become even more penetrating with this racquet. My tips for people trying out this racquet for the first time: Form! Make sure that you are using correct form and the racquet will do most of the work for you. It's not one of the most forgiving racquets so any bad shots will be terrible!The only letdown I have with this racquet is that it doesn't come in 90-95 sq.in. head size =(
From: Zachary, SD, CA, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Power Rough 16 @ 57lbs
Headsize: 98sq.in.

Comments: this is great! I had the nPro Wilson and then I tried this it felt like I couldn't miss. has great control and spin.
From: Victoria, FL, USA. 11/08
String type and tension: 57

Comments: Prestige Pro is one of the best all around performers out there. Light and maneuverable, yet still heavy enough to block heavy shots and hit heavy balls. A great balance of spin and decent power which makes it great for beginners to advanced players. This is one of those racquets where it will amaze yourself at the shots coming of the strings. I love the Prestige, but always wanted a more open string pattern for when I need more spin and this is what we have all been waiting for.
From: Dennis. 11/08

Comments: Ok so I have tried about 10 racquets and I am loving this one! The spin is just great I cant believe it I�m using the same strings as other ones and this is 2x more spin. It�s just amazing for power I served 94 with a Babolat aero pro drive cortex and 97 with a k blade 98 this I serve 103. I love the weight, I thought it may be to heavy but it was just right. I love this racquet for serves the most. I�m serving so well. I used to have 3 aces per match average now on average its 7. Thank you head for this great racquet.
From: Shawn, 11/08
String type and tension: Blue gear (mains) Gamma asterisk tour 17 both. tension 58.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I have played with almost every racquet on the market; Babolats, Wilson K-Factor, Prince Speedports, Dunlop Aerogels and the Head Microgel Prestige Pro is by far the best! It is a tremendous all around racquet. Whether you are a flat ball hitter or hit with a lot of spin this racquet delivers. It is as good at the net as it is at the baseline. A very stable and maneuverable frame. Best racquet out there right now.
From: Jim, Sumter, South Carolina, US. 11/08
String type and tension:Pro Supex Big Ace in mains and Babolat Fiber Tour in crosses @60lbs.
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: I was wary of this frame at first due to its weight and that it's a player's frame, but it was great. I've been looking for a frame that really helps me get some more explosive movement on my backhand and push through the court, the prestige pro was great. Forehands are usually not a problem with me, this stick brought it up a level, huge pace, easy to generate, great spin and control, and the racket just plows through the contact zone with such ease. Backhands were meaty, just set and crank, the racket again just took over and mowed through the ball. Precision, power, spin, it was a gem. Slices were tough, could be that I am used to a lighter frame and can wrist it more, with this one I found form had to be on. Likewise with volleys, once you got the form and set the racket, volleys were crisp, controlled and fun. Serving though is where this set itself apart; I was throwing in bombs with so much ease. I could see that the ball was going in hard and flat, but hitting up midway on the back curtain of the court, that‚s a lot of spin and juice. Second serves weren't as comfortable as they usually are for me, harder to throw down a hard kicker but I think with practice just like slices and volleys you can find it. But first serves = wow. For a 12 ounce racket this thing felt like a toothpick, it was so maneuverable˜more so than my ntour twos. Head size, this was the smallest 98 inch I‚ve ever seen, it felt like a 90 inch head. While the open string pattern certainly paid off for spin and power, control was not compromised at all. This was the first stick I demoed on a list of something like 20-25, it‚s going to be hard to beat. So much fun to hit with.
From: JW, MA. 11/08
String type and tension: head synthetic
NTRP Rating: 5.0, usually hit with ntour 2 95 @ 64 lbs Gamma livewire

Comments: Absolutely the best stick ever. Me and my boys all hit with this stick for hours on end. The sweet spot is AMAZING on this racket. The stability on off-center shots is great and when you shank the balls, you don't even notice! Playing with this racket has changed the way I think about hitting with my friends. Thanks, Head, for making this racket. Like Head's slogan says "I Love Head, Tennis."
From: Matt. 10/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre red code cause it looks so pretty in my prestige

Comments: One of the most enjoyable frames I have hit with. This plays like a lighter faster swinging Head Microgel Prestige Pro. The spin you get from this frame is outrageous. Slice backhands are so easy with this frame it should be illegal. This is an extremely maneuverable frame that is solid and stable. Serves are a blast. The cons would be that it's not the most controllable stick out there and along with some of the wicked spin and serves you will have some balls that fly on you. Nevertheless this frame was so much fun to play with I added one to my bag as a lighter alternative to my Prestige Pro's.
From: Patrick, Nassau County, NY, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 57 lbs

Comments: At first I was worried that this racket would give me tennis elbow (because it vibrates a lot)*, but I took the plunge and bought two of these because of its performance on the court. *Use to be an exclusive Wilson player, Wilson�s rackets have a higher sweet spot. Once I found the lower sweet spot, my woes about tennis elbow wasn't a problem. I love to hit the ball flat and this racket gives me extra heft/plow on the ball, making a very heavy ball. Another appeal about this racket is its heavier weight, but very manageable swing weight. Unlike the pure storm tour and k 6.1 95, It was very easy to create spin on serves and to whip the ball on command for those cross court passing shots. This is a solid racket that can keep up in heavy hitting, whose swing weight plays like a tweener racket similar to a Pure Drive Roddick. The colors of this racket are sick and looks even better with Tecnifibre pro red code. The open string pattern is a bonus too.
From: Justin, Seattle, WA, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 1.30mm @ 60 lbs, around the world pattern

Comments: Coming from playing with the previous Prestige models for more than 10 years, I was expecting to like the Head Prestige Pro a lot more. First of all, quality control in my frames was way off (both weight and balance). Despite the nice specs on paper, the frame plays really light (lacks stability on heavy serve returns). Groundstrokes are OK, nice spin, quite low powered, you really have to swing hard to produce a heavy, deep ball. I didn't find the frame to provide the feedback or stability I was looking for. On the positive side, serves are my favorite aspect of the MG Prestige Pro, possibly because of access to acceleration due to low swingweight. Nice kick on second serves due to open pattern. Overall, a "fun & easy" frame to play, but without the "plow" factor that has always been so characteristic of the Prestige line.
From: Luke, Forest Hills, NY, USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power 23/22
NTRP Rating: 5.5 (teaching pro)

Comments: I demoed racquets for a year. I am a big fan of Prince but I just had to let the Speedports go, they just do not cut it long term. I hated switching but had to do it. I needed and wanted it all but it seems you give up power for control and control for power. I can generate power but late in the matches I get tired it is difficult. This is the best racquet I have ever played with, Big Power, Sweet Control, and you can just bang as a baseliner like myself. The only draw back if you can call it that is that the volleys are so sharp and sweet you have to be on them, they volleys are not forgiving like a big grandpa racquet. The weight helps me rip shots late in matches!
From: Michael, Cornelius North Carolina, United States. 9/08
Super Flex 59 cross 57 main
98 inch
Men's 4.0

Comments: Nice for drop shots, excellent for volleys, not so awesome for everything else. I feel like I had to brush up more on my backhand to get it over the net and forehands were only so-so, again I had to brush up more than usual to get it up over the net. Bottom line: I didn't love it.

Comments: I recently switched to the MPP from the Flexpoint Prestige MP because I wanted a little more pop and spin on my shots from the open string pattern, but still to have the great control of a prestige. This racquet did just that. My groundstrokes land deeper and have more pace, and I can dictate play much more easily. There is also great touch at net, so my volleys have improved. For serves, it is harder to generate as much pace as the flexpoint, but I can generate much more spin on my second serves. Overall, I recommend this to anyone who wants a control-oriented stick that can still generate a lot of power and spin.
From: Phil, MA. 9/08
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire 16 @58 lbs.

Comments: This a very unique feeling racquet as the Microgel feels exactly as Head states it would. When you hit the sweetspot you feel the impact kind of explode throughout the frame. The feedback is amazing. The open string pattern coupled with the soft poly strings allow for amazing spin and comfort. There is enough heft here for stability and I get get some good pop on serves and groundies. I really enjoy playing with this frame as I had demoed dozens of racquets before finally finding this diamond in the rough. I demoed it out on a whim having never used a Head frame before and knowing next to nothing about the Prestige Line. That being said I have no idea how this plays in comparison to old Prestiges but it sure fits my game. You need to give this a good demo first. It is more head heavy than most traditional 12 oz + player frames, which hurts maneuverability some at net. You can rip strokes full out with confidence. However, if you are a player with serious power of your own, you may find the stringbed here a bit unpredictable as compared to a 18 x 20 pattern.
From: Patrick, Long Island, NY. 9/08
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet has great feel when you hit the ball and also gives you comfortable feel with the volley. I've been using this racquet for 7 months and still love it.
From: Sun, Bethlehem, PA, USA. 9/08
String type and tension: Wilson Champion's Choice Hybrid 16 String / 56 lbs

Comments: The best racquet I�ve ever used! Started playing again after a 20 year hiatus and have purchased an N-Blade98, K-Blade98 and Pure Storm Tour and have finally found the racquet for me. I've also demoed Aerogel 200, Speedport Black, RDS 001 (98 & 90), K Six-One (95 & 90), RQIS, Aerostorm Tour. I tried a guy on my USTA teams Radical Pro but it was a bit too light. So I demoed all 3 Microgel Prestiges. I bought the MPP the next day. That weekend at practice the guys on my team immediately noticed a positive difference in my game. I'm a big hitter and this stick lets me swing out!!! The guys on the team joked, asking if the shots I was making came with the racquet. I'm a solid 4.0 soon to be 4.5 thanks to this racquet.
From: Anon, SoCal, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Mains - Head FXP17 Crosses @ 60

Comments: Cue the angelic music, because this racquet has taken me to control heaven. The control on this racquet is phenomenal! I'm tellin' ya now, if you can generate your own power, this racquet will become your new best friend. I switched from a Babolat Pure Drive Plus when I accidentally smashed it, and now I'm playin' better than I ever have before!!
From: Jase, New York City, NY, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power/Wilson NXT 53/57lbs
NTRP Rating: Not a clue.

Comments: I agree with some of the above comments that this racket feels more head-heavy than its stated swing weight. I tested the MicroGel Midplus Pro and the MicroGel Mid and this model is not as head-light as the Mid and even feels a bit heavy. I ended up buying the Mid; it's a bit more demanding but very rewarding on groundstrokes and serves and quite maneuverable, not to mentions it swings much better.
From: Max, L.A., California. 7/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17

Comments: I demoed this racquet a few weekends ago. Swings very smoothly. The weight of the racquet tends to get this racquet on a nice track for a good stable swing. The racquet generated some fantastic power on the serves. Not as maneuverable as I'd like at the net, but it works. Shines on groundstrokes. I wouldn't play with it, but can tell this is a quality stick.
From: Alan, Boston, MA, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Prince Syn gut

Comments: A very nice stick. It swings much lighter than its weight suggests however I still feel it is solid against heavy hitters. I am a fairly flat ball hitter and I welcome the liveliness of this racquet. From my demo, I felt the groundstrokes are the best with this racquets. The volleys are good as well. I struggled a little bit with overheads and serves as I couldn't generate the same pop as I could with the Radical or the K6.1. To sum up my experience, I typically have not played with Head racquets in the past but my demo was so good with this racquet I will definitely be adding three of these to my bag. The best that I have tried and I have tried Babolat Pure Storm Tour, Wilson K6.1, KBlade, KPro Tour, KPro and Prince Ozone Tour and Speedport Tour.
From: JT, Atlanta, GA, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 61 lbs
Headsize: Head Prestige Pro 98

Comments: Finding a new racket is a pain and after demoing a bunch. I bought this racket. It is now clear to me that you need to test rackets well and play a match with them. Just hitting is not enough. I am/was playing Dunlop 300G and liked the racket head speed, but had to add weight and wanted a bit less stiffness. After testing I bought this racket I think I regret not demoing better (match). It is more head heavy then specified and I am looking for and slowing my swing down. No whipping balls over the net from mid court. I like head light rackets and this one is too heavy to add more weight in the handle. The process has thought me a lot about what actually my swing style is and I realize to have more last minute acceleration in my swing which is hard with this racket. It is good for steady slow swingers as the weight will help you drive the ball. Bottom line: more head heavy then specified.. More made for steady baseline player then all over court like me. Am going to return it and search further for a better version of my old 300G.
From: Eric, Philly, PA, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT, 60 lbs

Comments: I recently upgraded from the Flexpoint Radical Tour because I was not satisfied with its large head size. MP Pro has the perfect headsize for me and also noticed that it has much more to it. It's an aggressive stick that offers consistency and stability. It doesn't generate much power, but you really don't need anymore with this racquet because it's open string pattern gives access to plenty of topspin on groundstrokes and serves. In addition, it has a nice blend of pop, giving me that extra-edge at the net. It certainly may not be the best stick in the market, but it did have the liveliest response after demoing the Pure Drive Roddick, Wilson K-Blade 98, Prince Ozone, and Wilson Prostaff 6.1.
From: Young, Tucson, AZ, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power / 58 lbs.

Comments: I have been going back and forth between the Pure Drive Roddick {;us and my old Liquidmetal Prestige. The Microgel Presitge Pro seems to be somewhat of the best of both. I love the open string pattern of the Prestige Pro. I string at the high end of the recommended range and while my shots are much more accurate, if I don't hit square in the center of the sweet spot, then I lose significant power. This is not much of a surprise. It seems a little lighter than my Liquidmetal. Overall, the racket complements my aggressive baseline game and helps me when I occasionally go to net. Great stuff- but I would not recommend it, nor any of the Prestige line for intermediate players.
From: Lawrence, Geneva area, Switzerland. 6/08
String type and tension: hybrid of Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g (mains) and Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 17g (cross)

Comments: My search for a new racquet is now OVER! For the first time in five years, my serves are actually going where I want them to go, and I haven't sacrificed an ounce of power to do so. Today, NTRP 3.5; tomorrow.....well, NTRP 4.0. A racquet can only do so much, you know.
From: Darrin, Berkeley, CA, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 17 @ 65 lbs.

Comments: I've been happily using Thomas Muster's Head Pro Tour 280 for over 12 years now but have been in the hunt for a new stick for some time. After lots of demoing over the last few years, nothing impressed me enough to cause me to switch until I saw the specs on the new Microgel Radical Pro MP. As I was looking for something with a little more spin, I bought the Microgel Radical Pro without demo-ing it and based solely on its specs. In summary, I had to add weight to get the balance more head light, and although I liked the added spin, I found it had a bit too much pop. A few months later the Microgel Prestige Pro came out and I got a chance to demo it. Well, it's perfect. The weight and balance were perfect for me as is (feels light for a racquet of its weight), the string pattern maintained the spin advantage I was looking for (great with this string combo), and the classic dimensions make for excellent feel, control, and comfort. I could generate very good spin on my second serve, excellent spin on groundstrokes, and solid penetrating volleys. This racquet just seems to communicate with you so perfectly, it does it all provided you have the full strokes to swing it.
From: David, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 5/08
String type and tension: Mains: Signum Pro Poly Speed-Spin 16 @ 59lbs, Crosses: Babolat VS Team Natural Gut 17 @ 59lbs.
Headsize: MP/98Sq. In.

Comments: This racquet is everything that I have been looking for, after 3 years of demoing. For years I have been looking for a more flexible Pro Staff Classic 6.1, and this racquet is it. My previous stick was the n6.1 95 16x18, but it became too stiff for me. This MGPP is the stick. It provides a very comfortable feel, offers plenty of pop, is quick through the strike zone, offers a very comfortable feel for heavy spin shots, and offers the flex that I have been looking for. This racquet is very stable and comfortable both at the baseline and at the net. As well, it can really flatten out a ball nicely. Serves are a thing of beauty with this racquet, too: Great control, and offers a laser-like feeling with accuracy. Nothing feels awkward with this racquet. For some reason, it feels like it generates even more spin than a 16x18 frame. If you've been looking for a racquet that is head light, has a tighter string pattern than the popular 16x18, and has the right balance of flex and stiffness, then demo this racquet. As to NTRPs, I think that any level of player would benefit from this racquet, as it is so incredibly forgiving and compliant. Any level of player will appreciate the large sweet spot.
From: CAM, Austin, TX. 5/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 16 crosses at 60, Luxilon ALU Big Banger Power 16 mains at 56

Comments: I don't think it's the racquet's fault for your tennis elbow. It might be the strings.
(Tennis elbow can be caused by a player's equipment [including strings and racquets] as well as stroke mechanics.--Tennis Warehouse)

Comments: I upgraded from the Liquidmetal Radical, and I noticed better play immediately. I didn't really feel like it was heavier as I could swing through with ease due to the weighting and solid feel of the stick. My serve was not only more consistent, but it was also at least 10-15kms faster as were my groundies. Although I hit a few long at first, after making a slight adjustment over a few hits, I could really plow through the ball with confidence. I advise any serious player to take time to try this one. Excellent price and service from TW makes it all the more tempting to get another couple!
From: Mahesh, ictoria, Australia:
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Fluoro @ 57lbs
Headsize: midplus

Comments: It was a great move by HEAD to create an open pattern Prestige. This frame has a nice static weight of about 12 oz. but also is very maneuverable. I was able to create some great spin, slice and touch shots, but the racquet is also very stable with fantastic control. The power level is not high, but I did not expect, or want, that from a Prestige. Control is the name of the game, and this frame has it, along with enough power to make it one of the best sticks out there! I demoed the Wilson KBlade 98, KFactor 95, Prince Ozone Tour Pro and O3 White, Volkl C10 Pro, Babolat AeroStorm from Babolat, Becker 11 and Becker Pro, and Tecnifibre frames, and the Microgel Prestige Pro was the stand out winner. It does everything well for my game.
From: Matt, Phoenix, AZ. 4/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 18g @ 58 lbs.

Comments: This racket gave me a tennis elbow. Otherwise on paper, it looked like it was going to be a perfect for me. On thing, though. The open string pattern was awesome on topspin kick serves and forehand.
From: Goran, Orlando. 4/08
String type and tension: Klip Gut 15L
NTRP Rating:4

Comments: I think this is the most solid all-around racquet I have played with, ever, period. Although I am usually most comfortable at net, this stick had me lacing the ball with topspin from the baseline with a ton of confidence. My slice approaches were brutally efficient, curving or dying, as I needed them to. Volleys were pure pleasure as the racquet is very soft and forgiving, and this aspect also made carving out drop shots a breeze. On serve, I found a solid amount of spin potential, and the power was there but didn�t overwhelm the control. Highly recommended, I will be stocking up on these sticks for years.
From: Seth, 04/08
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Rough/Babolat Attraction 17g

Comments: I recently decided to pick one of these up to try it out. I've been a Wilson player since I was in high school, playing with Pro Staff Classic 6.1s for over 10 years. I recently (10 months ago) switched to the KFactor K6.1 95s. While those are great sticks they are very demanding on the arm/elbow. I demoed a Flexpoint Prestige a long time ago but never liked the string pattern. So when I saw the 16x19 patten of the Microgel Prestige Pro I gave it a go and loved it. It's easy to swing, gives your the heft on the strokes, feels great. It's the perfect racquet for me.
From: John, Williamsburg, VA, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Pro Supex Hybrid

Comments: I played the Wilson K Tour 90 and I made the switch to the Prestige Pro because I want a bigger sweetspot and open string pattern racquet. I have enough mishits in the past year with the K90 that I decided to make a change. The Prestige Pro with 98 head blows the K 90 away. The bigger head already improves my serves in terms of spin and power, and the racquet is very stable and can punch volleys with authority. It also directs the ball to exactly where you want it to go. It hits a good heavy ball and the maneuverability is just right, not too light and not too heavy. The feel is better than the K90, and the vibration is slightly better than the K90 on mishits. It took me just 3 playing sessions to get used to this frame, and I am beginning to make a further improvement with this racquet. I think there is over marketing with Wilson racquet. Way to go, HEAD!
From: anon, Canada. 4/08
String type and tension: Poly @ 53lbs

Comments: I've been playing with a FlexPoint Radical, which I originally chose to help my goal of becoming more consistent. As I've improved, I've come to look for a heavier racquet with more "plow" and a more open string pattern to increase margin over the net. The Microgel Prestige Pro (MPP) seemed to have these attributes. Once I got out on the court with the MPP, I could really understand the reviews here and the official TW review. The MPP is much more "lively," with more action on the ball, and more penetrating shots than my FlexPoint Radical. For the first couple sets, when I had good energy and footwork, the MPP was rewarding to hit with. However, if my timing or footwork faltered, the MPP wasn't as forgiving as the FlexPoint. I see the attraction, but not sure if I'll buy it.
From: Phil, San Jose, CA, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: TW demo

Comments: I thought that the Head Microgel Prestige Pro had lots of power and felt heavier than the swingweight that was posted. This racket is good for very aggressive players, but I'm not one of them. My shots were errant with this racket, and I felt like there was a lack of control.
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro
Headsize: 98 square in.
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: If you are reading this comment about the Head Microgel Prestige Pro racket it is because Tennis Warehouse (TW) allowed it to be posted. I am considered purchasing several of this rackets as I owned other Head Prestige rackets. I have been a very good customer of TW for a while, having bought several rackets and supplies and having referred a lot of customers to them. However, I noticed that TW deleted one NEGATIVE COMMENT about this racket dated back to 1/08 from Nick in Corona Del Mar, CA, that said "This racquet vibrates a lot. I only have four words to say: watch out for Tennis Elbow." If customers' feed back about a product is filtered by TW for negative comments and the negative comments are never allowed to be posted or if they are posted but then removed, these actions by TW would be dishonest and would hurt TW's business in the long term. Customer feedback is very important and should NOT be filtered or tampered with for unwelcome customers� feedback! Because of this event, I no longer trust TW as being a fair and honest vendor to do business with. If this comment is not posted within the next month, it will mean that TW has no interest in retaining good customers like me and the people I referred to them. If this happens, I will make sure to let the tennis world online and offline know about it via other non-filtered channels. On the other hand, if TW allows this comment to be posted, I will give it another chance to make good on it.
(TW does not delete negative feedback nor does it filter negative comments about products. --Tennis Warehouse)

Comments: Great racquet for every shot. It's easy to generate racquet head speed and very comfortable. I demoed it while getting my Dunlop 2 Hundred strung, and I'm going to buy one soon.
From: Michelle, Milwaukee, WI, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: HEAD demo strings

Comments: This is the best racquet Ive ever played with. I had more control on my forehand, and I was able to generate more spins on my serves.
From: Sun, Gulfport, MS, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Touch Hybrid 16L String @ 60 lbs

Comments: A very solid racquet. Made the switch from Flexpoint Radical Tour to MG Prestige Pro. The differences are minimal, but the Prestige feels a lot more solid and stiff. Just the control I was looking for. Volleys were a lot crisper and serving with the Prestige was a very nice surprise. Both Radical Tour and Prestige Pro have the 16x19 string pattern, so generating topspin was nearly identical. If you play with the Radical Tour and are looking for just a little less power and a little more control, you should definitely give the Prestige Pro a try. A very nice players racquet.
From: Eric, Lexington, SC, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power, 58 lbs.

Comments: By far the best racquet I've used to date. I've always loved the I.Prestige but unable to handle the 18x20 pattern. This racquet provides amble power and lots of control from the string bed. I can flatten out my shot or hit with tons of topspin. I was torn between the N6.1 95 (tons of spin, nice heft, very stable) and I.Prestige (thinner beam, crispy, great on serve) and this is the answer to my problem. Highly recommended
From: Danny, Orange County, CA, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Gosen Micro 16 at 56 lbs

Comments: Pure baseline player with heavy forehand grip on and two-handed backhand. It was a nice stick. For a Prestige it has tons of power, but don't worry it's still a Prestige, so you have to bring own power. It's not so forgiving and is still a player's stick. The swingweight is not so hard, but you definitely need muscle strength for it.. One of the best serving racquets with a nice blend of pop and control there! Test it before buying. It's definitely a nice addition to the HEAD line of racquets!
From: FB, Germany. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power

Comments: I own and have played with all Prestige lineage designed and built so far (600 Tour, 600 Classic, Liquid Metal, Flexpoint). I ordered the MicroGEL Prestige Pro without trying it. It looked great on the specs, and I must admit that once you get used to the extra power compared to others, the feel and stability surprises you. Someone compared this with Radical Tour series, which is not far off, except it is even better due to added weight. After hitting a couple of days, I have decided to switch to this racquet. Firstly the slightly more open string bed provides a slightly different feel and adds that extra spin capability as mentioned by others. It feels like you can swing even faster, and the additional head size (midplus vs mid) provides that much more chance of cleaner hitting. This racquet compared with the previous MPs feels better suited to my game as it is slightly heavier, but the inertia was kept low, so the swing weight is very reasonable. That combined with the open string is a very good combination. The other reason is that the racquet is so much easier to play with. This is probably due to added response. My old mid rackets seem to be hard work after a couple of hours of play. I tried it with both natural gut (Babolat VS Touch) and Luxilon Big Banger Timo. I preferred the Big Banger as particularly the slices seem to be better. Big Banger seems to have more bite into the ball. Groundstrokes, serve and returns are great. You need to adjust to slices with this racquet as it tends to float slightly.
From: Saeid, Brighton, UK. 2/08

Comments: This is a nice frame, but looking back on Head's previous model lineup, it is certainly not a Prestige racquet. For those who liked the Flexpoint Radical Tour, yet found the head size slightly too big, this racquet will probably a nice fit. For those who expect to find a racquet with the stability and plow through of previous Prestige racquets, this one will most likely be a disappointment. The only real Prestige of the three MicroGEL "Prestige" racquets is the Mid.
From: John, Florida. 1/08

Comments: I have played the Prestige Classic 600 as well as the Liquid Metal Prestige MP recently. The frame is better than both for my game. I'm mostly a baseliner in singles but do play a bit of doubles as well. The slightly more open string pattern is amazing on serves that involve spin as well as topspin shots off both wings. It is quite easy to handle at net despite it having a good amount of heft. I find it a bit stiffer than either of the frames I mentioned above, which is to my liking. Overall Head hit a clean winner with this one, but don't take my word for it, demo for yourself.
From: Brian, Littleton, CO, USA. 1/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 mains, Tecnifibre Pro Red Code crosses 17g

Comments: I found this racquet the best racquets of the Prestige family. With the open stringbed I had no problem getting access to spin and thanks to the MicroGEL technology, I was able to hit my flat shots comfortably and solidly just as HEAD says. At net, I had a better feel than with the Flexpoint Prestige XL. If you're looking for a racquet to up your game, I seriously recommend trying this racquet out.
From: Thomas, Houston, Texas. 1/08
String type and tension: HEAD FXP Power @ 59 lbs

Comments: I have tested the mg prestige pro for a week now, and the open string pattern really works for me. It enhances spins and slice, yet there is no loss on control when hitting flat shots. The racket seems very stable. Nice mobility at the net. Also tested the mg prestige midplus, and that�s a great racket too, very much like the fxp version. The prestige pro has a very unique feel though, and it is great fun to play with.
From: Willy, Austria, Europe, 01/08
String type and tension: Head sonic pro pre-strung
Headsize: midplus
NTRP Rating: teaching pro

Comments: Easily the most forgiving player's racquet I have ever used. You can expect solid, predictable power. Nothing is going to fly off the stringbed on you. The open pattern gives you plenty of access to spin. My kick serve is really taking off when it hits the court. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for the utmost in stability and control with adequate power.
From: Andy, MA. 1/08
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro

Comments: This is one of the best racquets I have hit with. The swingweight is perfect for generating topspin and kick yet retains enough heft to keep the ball deep. The open string pattern has a gradual spacing that allows for an amazing amount of control to complement the bite. The sweetspot has a nice blend of feel and pop, allowing volleys to be put away with authority. It doesn't feel as resistant to twist on off-center hits as Liquidmetals, but the maneuverability makes up for it.
From: Jerry, Wisconsin. 12/07