Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for about 6 months now, and I am now trying to sell it. This racquet is too light for me (I am 6'2, 170 lbs) and I found it difficult to get any depth out of my baseline shots when playing against a strong agressive baseline player. However, my backhand and forehand slices excelled with this racquet. Good racquet for someone who likes to hit with minimal topspin.
From: Adam, 3/12

Comments: With ample control, spin, power and it is also very solid for it's weight. Great price! Great buy!
From: Noah, 12/11
String type and tension: Wilson Super Spin 16, 60 lbs

Comments: This is a nice racquet. I feel it needs to be a little heavier and suggest lead it up a little.
From: Nate, 10/11
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Flash at 54 lbs

Comments: This is a pretty good racquet. It helps to balance my game. I am a very hard hitter and put in a small amount of spin, but with this racquet, I can still drive hard, control decently, and hit more spin. Again, a very good balance! Now whenever I use another racquet, I have to remember that I cannot hit as fast than I can with the K Surge. This racquet would benefit the more aggressive people with more energy.
From: Kevin, 10/11

Comments: I think that this racquet has been praised too highly by not only the playtesters at TW, but also those who have comments on this customer review. Firstly, I do not believe this racquet has the capabilities to hit deep, penetrating shots into the court and I also think that the feeling of the ball hitting the stringbed on a groundstroke feels dinky. This is because the startlingly low weight of the racquet, and I would be inclined to put a hefty amount of lead tape on the frame to compromise in its lack of mass. I am by no means trying to criticize others' testimonies: I am simply explaining my feelings after about three months of regular hitting with this racquet.
From: Matt. 6/11
String type and tension: Wilson Synth. Gut 16

Comments: I really like this racquet. This racquet gives me much more power on my shots than my previous racquets. I am typically a baseline player, but I can volley well with this racquet also. Hitting a slice shot is easy with this racquet also. I recommend this stick to any baseline player.
From: Josh, Gibraltar, Michigan, United States. 4/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16

Comments: Hey, I need advice! I'm 17, wanting to give tennis a go. Should I buy this racquet?
From: Hass, Australia, 03/11
(Hass, for advice regarding racquet recommendations please e-mail info@tennis-warehouse.com or try posting this question on our message boards in order to get suggestions and/or answers from other players.--TW Staff)

Comments: I bought 2 of the k series about a year ago and I found it way easier to block back shots than a full swing. It's a good racket but recently I discovered the higher the tension the better this stick feels. I found way more balls in play than out. I think the TW review was somewhat accurate this stick is more for people just starting or for who like to slice or topspin.
From: Johnathan, Fort Worth, TX, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: 65

Comments: Just ordered two of these rackets and love them. Had been demoing the BLX Surge. Found a great deal on two K surges, and took a chance. I think the power and control is better on the K series. If you're considering buying the BLX, you should really try the K series first. Bought 2 of the K series for the price of 1 BLX surge. Took others advice and put some lead tape on one of the new ones at 3 and 9. Seemed to get a little more power, but not a lot. The specs on this website show 1 headlight, but the racket itself is 4 HL. BTW -I think the K surge is also a much better looking racket as well!
From: Rick, Plano, TX, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: 59

Comments: I love this racquet. Great topspin, slice, forehand, backhand, volley, half volley, overhead, serve, EVERYTHING. I've been playing with this racquet for about a year and it has definitely improved my game. My school is best in the state (IL), and I've seen some JV players using it so it's great for everyone. If the weight seems too light for you, don't buy a more expensive racquet because you can adjust the weight for about three dollars worth of lead tape. This racquet has amazing accuracy and the lead tape improves the stability. I just bought my second one (should be here by tomorrow) so a broken string doesn't force me to forfeit. I am currently playing with MSV Focus Evo (co poly string) at 58 lbs. On my new racquet, I am trying it with Beast XP at 58 lbs. so I'll comment on how that works out. Overall, great racquet, buy it because it's massively under-priced, and you'll see how good this racquet is when you try it. Also, if anyone commented on a cracked frame, it's probably their technique (no offense) because I've mis-hit TONS of shots and nothing cracked. So if you're looking for a great racquet, buy this!
From: Shang, IL, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: MSV Focus Evo 17g 58 pounds (co-poly string)
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: hello I was wondering if this racquet would suit a aggressive junior player that does a heap of tournaments in under 16s or would the kblade 98 be the way to go?? please respond someone even someone who knows a little about tennis racquets :)
From: daniel, Port Pirie, SA, Australia, 12/10
String type and tension:16x19
Headsize:98 or 100
(Daniel, try posting this question on our message boards in order to get suggestions and/or answers--TW Staff)

Comments: This is probably the best racquet I've ever tried so far. I can't really choose any racquet better than this. I'm probably sticking with this racquet for almost a year before changing. I switched from Wilson N5 95". Topspin is alright, but the power is massive! Great from the baseline but volleys feel a little slow. Get this racquet before it's out!
From: Jeffrey, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hyperlast Spin, Wilson Stamina 16

Comments: Great racquet, played probably my best tennis with this stick, better tennis than my APDGT and my Rebel ... Bought this racquet for an extremely overpriced cost here in Australia because I was desperate for new racquet, turned out that it served me well but definitely not worth what I paid for .. I think I paid about $300 AUD ... Butt cap came off which was a bugger.
From: Jonathan, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 09/10
String type and tension: Spinfire Ignition Cyan

Comments: Great racquet don't know what some people mean by the racquet cracked maybe you just got it strung too tight or keep it in a cold place but I haven't had any problems except now that I had the Babolat aero storm tour, which is much heavier than his racquet, this racquet now seems too light I put 16 grams in all on the racquet with lead tape 8 under the grip and 8 on the head at 3 and 9 and on bevels 1,3,5, and 7. Now it should be good because it felt still too weird win the added weight to the handle so now it is more balances out. I will do a follow up to say how it feels when hitting.
From: Ashton, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Twist string at 62lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in.

Comments: I am 14 yrs old and I recently dented my 7-month old Babolat Reflex 102. Needless to say, mum wasn't smiling. So I began demoing racquets that the pro shop recommended. Most of them were okay, but the (K)Surge far surpassed them. And due to the release of the new Wilson BLX series, this stick is massively under priced.
From: Luke, 08/10

Comments: I purchased this racket to replace my Radical MicroGel OS. The MicroGel contributed pain to my arm especially my bicep. Played w/the Surge and arm doesn't hurt as much, but have some pain. Read everyone's comment and added weight to my handle @ 3,9, 2, & 10. The racket is amazing now. Just like the pros, we have to customize the racket to our needs. Thanks for everyone's comments.
From: Jason, Plano, TX, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Head Fibergel Power 16

Comments: I just got the K-Surge and played with it for an hour today and love it. It's light but feels very solid and well balanced when hitting the ball. It's very easy to accelerate the racquet at baseline to generate power due to its light weight and the control is excellent. At the net the volley is very solid and maneuverable. I have recently tried K-Tour and K-Zen 103 as well, all these three racquets are pretty good, but I have to give K-Surge the top score because it's very easy to generate pace, control and also using your opponent's pace. I kept the K-Tour as well but returned K-Zen 103 after I tried the racquet. NTRP Rating:4-4.5
From: Henry, CT 03/10

Comments: Great stick! It's good at net, has great feel, really good at applying spin and great at the baseline as well. It really help your game a lot!
From: Marco, Port St. Lucie, FL, USA.

Comments: Good stick at the net, good volley and hits deep, at baseline, hits light and less power, but good access to spin. Good for defensive player who likes the opponent to make mistakes, slice is very good and this stick has a lot of control. Good serve with spin, but bad on flat serve, feels like so light that you cannot generate enough power for speed. Stability is bad when hitting with strong ball but will be confident to return it with enough power.
From: AS. 3/10
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash 17 G @ 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: Some players do not like the light weight of this racket but I love it. It's easy for my arms after a long rallies and games. I switched from a Head Trisys 260 and its weight makes a lot different. Even though the K Surge doesn't seem to produce more power for me like the Trisys does, but I can sacrifice that for the advantages that the K Surge provides such as control and light weight.
From: John, FairFax, VA 12/09
String type and tension: Prince Topspin 16G @58 lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet on a beautiful Saturday morning because I had nothing else to do. It was good for spins, slices, volleys, half-volleys, and serving. This racquet felt so light that it lacked some stability. It's swing weight is only 301, very low in my opinion. My groundstrokes lacked depth, and heaviness. I can see why some reviewers were adding lead tape to this racquet. But, here is my thing. If it comes down that you have to add 24 grams of lead to the frame, or litter the racquet head with 12 grams of lead tape or more, why not just buy a different racquet? Personally I recommend the Wilson (k)Tour 95. That's my racquet. With a strung weight of 10.7oz, and a swing weight of 331, there is plenty of stability and power! The (k)Tour leaves the (k)Surge in the dust! No doubt about it! There is no need to add lead tape to it. Except for a few that have added 6-8grams just above the handle, but that's about it!
From: Wil, Dallas, Tx 11/09
String type and tension: Reaction 16

Comments: I'm a recreational club player. Tried a Wilson KSurge demo racquet from my local pro shop. He told me his demo was cracked - this was a bad sign to begin with. I ignore him bought the Ksurge anyways. I've strung it with NXT Tour, biphase, VS gut, etc. My newest Ksurge (7 months old, bought in 2009) is now cracked (X1/syn gut 62lbs), due to a mishit overhead. In all, I now have 2 cracked KSurges, all cracked in the top hoop. My teenage daughter cracked one my ksurges (overhead mishit) against a ball machine in Pleasanton. Geez. We take care of our equipment, string at the pro shop (Babolat stringer, etc.). I won't buy again, doesn't last.

Comments: Good racquet, but after reading all the feedback I added 12 grams of lead at 3 and 9 on the head, and 12 grams under the butt cap to counter balance. Now it is a great racquet! I am fairly new to the sport, and I have learned a lot from T/W and all the great people who contribute to the feedback and forums.
From: Ken, Westminster, CA, USA. 8/09
String type and tension:Wilson K Gut Pro 17@58

Comments: I strung it with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 at 60 lbs. I'm primarily a singles player and stay at the baseline. I hit with a semi-western forehand that has heavy topspin and a two handed backhand that I hit cleanly about 50% of the time. After playing with the racquet for 8 months now, I find that it is great for returning medium paced balls. I can really crush my forehand and get a huge kick when the ball bounces. But I found the racquet a little unstable for fast paced heavy topspin balls. I felt the racquet didn't have enough heft to handle it. I don't think I have this same problem with my backhand because I use two hands, which is much more stable. This racquet has been great for serves. It gives good topspin and really has a great sound when I want to hit a booming flat one. For service returns, I felt the control wasn't there when I wanted to block, but I could really rip slower paced 2nd serves. Overall, I'd say this racquet is a solid baseliners racquet that is suitable for a wide range of levels.
From: Jon, Torrance, CA. 8/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour

Comments: Great racquet! I can get topspin very easy and slice. I can get good power and spin on my serve. I can aim shots on the baseline with incredible accuracy. It has good feel at the net. I can also hit very hard from the baseline, although the racquet is extremely light.
From: Brian, Denver, CO, USA 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane and Babolat Synthetic 59

Comments: Great racquet! I have been using this for 6 months or so with the Wilson pro K-Gut strings. The only problem I had with this racquet was the cap on the bottom would not stay on. I tried to fix it but it just won't fix. My serve is awesome with it and I can generate plenty of spin with any stroke. Volleys, lobs, forehands, backhands (one or two) anything you imagine. The weight and balance fits me exactly. I wish the throat of the racquet would have a little more stability but that usually adds weight. As for my next racquet... I wanted to but a new K FX racquet but I think I am gonna just buy two more of this one. I can't wait to get a brand new one :)
From: Jarod, De Pere, Wisconsin, USA 06/09
String type and tension: 58

Comments: This racquet is awesome! I added some lead at 3 and 9 o'clock, and it feels much more stable and has a better feel. I would recommend this stick to anyone around the 4.0 range. It generates good top spin and lots of power. An all around solid play.
From: William, Pensacola, FL, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 16 @ 59 lbs.

Comments: Been using this stick only for a full year and I am very satisfied. I added 12 grams of lead at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, which adds stability and solidness, plus serves better. Does very well with hybrid strings. It's the best racquet I've used in 17 years, and I'm a very active 60 year old.
From: Dan, Yarmouth, ME, usa. 2/09
String type and tension: Hybrid: Main, poly @55, cross, livewire 60

Comments: I love the feel of this racquet. It offers me great control without compromising power. Purchased as a game improvement racquet, it is certainly meeting my expectations. I am a senior player who likes to go to the net. The control at the net is amazing. The racquet is very elbow friendly as well. Initially, like some contributors felt, I too felt the racquet took away some power. After working on my groundstroke and core strength, I was able to generate considerable power in both my forehand and serve. The racquet has a snappy, head light feel that provides good cross court hits with a single handed backhand. All in all, I find the Wilson KSurge a great racquet for the intermediate player and recommend it highly as such.
From: Steve, Huntersville, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid 16 Pro Hurricane, Xcel Premium
NTRP Rating: 3.0 - 3.5

Comments: I've had this racquet for over 9 months. Recently, I added some lead strips and the results were evident. There was a lot more power than before. A really good racquet overall, although it's too light without those strips.
From: Mark, Singapore. 8/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Hybrid, 57 pounds

Comments: I liked the control and feel of the racquet. It is spin friendly and I have been getting more spin with this racquet, but I think it was a trade off for power. This racquet, for me, is a little under powered. However, that could be a result of string choice and tension so I think I'll be experimenting with that.
From: Rachel, Australia. 7/08

Comments: Fantastic racquet!! Since I demo K surge I was impressed about the (K)ontrol, spin, volleys, service and solid....everything together to win more games, of course intermediate-advances players will be benefit with this one. I came from Wilson ncode fury and I found this racquet (Ksurge) pretty far in all aspect. I have one already and will get another, once I sell the two Nfury.
From: Victor, Caracas, Miranda, Venezuela, 07/08
String type and tension: Babolat Polymono, 16, 53 lbs

Comments: I've been demoing racquets recently (my Prince O3 Hybrid Spectrum just broke), and I found this to be one of the best. In fact, playing a few matches today I found that I had way more control than before. My serving has skyrocketed and I love the feel on my slice backhand. However, the sweet spot is smaller than on my old racquet, and it doesn't lend much power. I recommend it for a player intermediate-advanced who can bring their own power to the court

Comments: One of the worst racquets I have ever tried. If you're going up against people who can actually hit hard this will not hold up. The worst racquet I have tried for volleys. Weak ground strokes. No power on serves. Get a Ksix-one.
From: Kiefer, 06/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane tour, 55 lbs

Comments: Fantastic racquet with great feel and control, but slightly difficult to volley with, and will not hold up against heavy hitters.
From: B. Seither, NJ, USA. 5/08
Headsize: 95-105

Comments: Six months of using this kSurge and I'm still loving it. I now have it strung at 63 lbs. with Live Wire Pro Spin and find the control enhanced. I use 6 grams of lead inside the yoke, which really helps topspin lobs. This is the best stick I've used in 16 yrs.
From: Dan, Yarmouth, ME, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire Pro Spin at 63 lbs.

Comments: Excellent racquet! Really stable good serve, volley, baseline, everything. Result-wise not much difference from nCode but definitely more response and better feel (solid).

Comments: Solid. Great control. I felt a difference the first time I hit a ball with it. I switched over from an nCode, and it felt stronger and more powerful.
From: Joe, New Orleans, LA, U.S. 3/08
String type and tension: Wilson Reaction

Comments: I was previously using Prince Hybrid O3 Shark Oversize, but I was looking for a smaller size, lighter racket. My coach recommended to me the KSurge instead of the K6-One Team Wilson racquet. I love the feel of the racquet, and it's really ideal for slicing balls. It's a lethal weapon at the net as the light weight allows faster reflexes in volley situation. The light weight also meant my arm had to compensate for greater power down the baseline. But overall, it's an impressive racquet for individuals looking for light weight, design, feel and control.
From: Shaun, Singapore. 3/08
String type and tension: Wilson K Gut 17 Pro, strung at 57 lbs
Headsize: Mid plus

Comments: I was looking for a lighter racquet as I currently play with the Wilson nTour 2. The KSurge provided what I was looking for as far as weight. The KSurge added more spin but does lack the heaviness of my shots that I got from the NTour 2. I will most likely tweak this a bit with some lead weight to make it slightly heavier. Overall a great racquet that offers more spin and is more mobile for reflex volleys in doubles.
From: Kenn, Williamstown, NJ, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 16 gauge, 58 lbs.

Comments: The racquet was light and had a solid feel. It was a little light for me but had nice control and was able to generate spin. I felt the racquet was lacking power, and it look more effort to generate a ball with pace. I liked the overall feel of the racket but as stated by others it needs some added weight to be a powerhouse.
From: Tom, Las Flores, CA, USA. 2/08

Comments: Update on my racquet: I now have lead tape at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock on the head, and it's leaded it up around the grip at the bottom and and at the throat. Most of the weight is on the handle. I would say it's about 5-6 points head light. I weighed my racket today, and it's at 11.6 oz. The stability is awesome!! I can now volley heavy powered shots coming straight at me. I can finally return heavy serves and groundstrokes; I also can hit one-handed backhands without racket flexing (I use a two-handed backhand). I thought the stock form was great, but now I know I was wrong. People now tell me my shots feel heavy. I would say the power now on this racquet is low-medium, which gives me more control, and the swing speed is at fast. I thought about switching racquets, but now this is a keeper. Add lead tape if you want to be more competitive against heavy- hitting opponents.
From: Oliver, Virginia Beach, Va. 2/08
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro 18G @ 58

Comments: This is good youth-friendly racquet.

Comments: I'm shopping for new sticks (I play with the Yonex RQ7 midplus, which I love, but are 3 1/2 years old and have been restrung a lot. Metal fatigue.) This one really didn't grab me at all. It just felt very light and no matter how big a cut I took, the result just wasn't heavy enough and didn't have enough pop, or spin. The cool color scheme is great, of course, but I made a mistake once buying racquets because they looked cool. Never again. ;-) At this point, I'm liking the Yonex 003 (but with less string tension than the demo, because it felt great and imparted great spin, but had to swing pretty hard) and the Prince Black O3 - a monster stick. But I've yet to test it out against someone who gives me a lot of pace, so we'll see about control.
From: Stephanie, Montreal, Canada. 12/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough 53 pounds (on my Yonex)

Comments: I play with Wilson nTour racquets, all but one of which is loaded up with lead tape. I was given a few K Surge racquets to try, so I strung 'em with NXT at 60 and charged. The K Surge is really light so you can take a fierce cut at the ball. The racquet seems really topspin friendly and seems to enhance backhand slice. It is a pleasure at the net as well. I demo plenty of different racquets, but the K Surge has made the biggest impression on me lately. If you rely on big flat serves, you need to add weight to the head. My regular hitting partner, who has a beastly return of serve, picked up on that pretty quickly when I started serving to him with an unweighted K Surge and I got broken several times until I grabbed a weighted nTour and starting pounding first serves again. The lightness of the racket can also be a liability when trying to deal with an opponent with heavy groundstrokes, as well. My game relies on power and speed more than anything else. The K Surge robbed me of some power but gave me much more spin and thus more control. If I don't end up switching over to it, I might use it as a backup racket when I find myself playing a retriever and reducing unforced errors is more important than crushing groundstrokes.
From: Eric, Bradenton, FL. 11/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 60 lbs.

Comments: Great racquet. Solid without being stiff and strong despite its lightweight. I immediately noticed that all of my shots had a nice pop to them and I feel totally in control.
From: Tina, CA, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: 60 lbs

Comments: Light, but bites into the ball especially when using Timo 17g. Plenty of top-spin on both sides. You HAVE to train a lot on learning how to hit flat (or produce the hefty shot) with this racket, if you don't you'll overswing and cause the ball to go out. I also added lead tape to my racket added 3.5oz. added @ 10 and 2 O'clock of the frame(2oz) and added some to the throat of the grip/racket(1.5oz) Highly suggest adding weight to reduce some of the racket flexing/twisting and add stability when hitting against a strong flat hitting opponent. If your don't want to customize this racket get the Wilson Npro Open, it does have better ratings compared to the Surges weaknesses, but it will not come close to the K Surges STRENGTHS which his topspin, slice, serves, and maneuverability. Demo first then buy! Make sure you demo it with a 4.0-4.5 player to understand the strengths and weaknesses from the review and feedback.
From: Oliver, Virginia Beach, VA, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Timo 17g, 58lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is light and easy to maneuver but is also very stable. I was looking for an arm-friendly racquet, and although the stiffness rating on this is in the high 60s, I played a couple of hours of singles, and the arm feels great. I had previously demoed the nTour Two and that felt much stiffer and was really hard on my arm. This stick was somewhere in between generating power and having control, and I found myself hitting long every once in a while. I served well with it, got some nice topspin, and the backhand slice was very effective. I am still going to demo a few more racquets, but I am glad I tried this one.
From: Nick, Raleigh, NC, USA. 10/07
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is heaven. Slice and topspin come easy, and control is fantastic. As much as I liked the AeroPro Drive, my shoulder could not take the swingweight. The nPro Open was still too heavy. This one fits the bill perfectly.
From: Ivan, Hood River, OR, USA. 10/07
String type: Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18 Poly

Comments: Very easy to hit with and light weight. I instantly felt much more control than my previous Dunlop 400G. I play a serve and volley game, and I have higher kicking serves and better touch shots at the net. I basically stopped demoing racquets after playing with this one.
From: Chris, Fresno, CA. 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I decided to purchase a new racquet recently. My previous racquet served me well, but I've had it for more than a decade and a half. After much consideration I decided to go with the (K) Surge. I have to tell you this racquet rocks. Right now, I'm about a 3.0 player. I regularly play doubles with guys that are 3.5 to 4.0 players. With this racquet, I'm able to be competitive with them. I have much more power and control with this racquet than my old one. My groundstrokes are easier to place, I can put much more spin on the ball, and I have more pop on my serves. The only downside is that it can be a little shaky on service returns. But overall the benefits far outweigh the negatives. The truth is, the racquet does make a difference.
From: Aaron, Crowley, TX, USA. 8/07
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 17 @ 58 Lbs

Comments: Great racquet for sure. I switched from LM Radical MP to this. It took me some time to get used to it. I added some weight at the 3 and 9 clock position and some in the handle, so it weights a little over 11 oz. When I added the weight, the racquet got much more stable and very comfortable. It created a great amount of spin with a good amount of control. I played with some of the other k factor racquets like the k six-one 95 and k Zen, but this racquet is for sure the best one.
From: Rob, Buffalo, NY, USA. 7/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough @ 55 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet as far as spin and control goes. However, stability lacked, and with some wrist problems I've had, it gave me some grief. Needs a little lead tape but otherwise, I was very impressed.
From: Justin, Hortonville, WI, USA. 7/07
String type and tension: Wilson Reaction 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: I demo'd a couple of racquets, finally decided on this one, I'm an intermediate player and found that this racquet had the best feel, great pop, spins, volleys, net play, base-line dropping, its all here. My only complaint is the serving qualities, but with some weight adjustments- A.O.K.- Very nice stick. The design is nice. Looks good, feels good, and plays good. The power of the mind is amazing.
From: Anastasios, Germantown, MD, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Gamma XL 58 lbs

Comments: Wow, I used to use the Wilson H tour, a really out dated racket, so I decided to demo the K Surge with the Dunlop Aerogel 5hundred, and the Babolat drive z OS. I immediately felt that this racket was extremely stable compared to my old one. I also found a lot of power with this racket, just a little too much actually, but that can be fixed by changing the string tension. This racket is also great for spin, especially on kick serves. I'm a high school varsity level player, so I would recommend this to intermediate-advanced rackets.

Comments: Wow! This stick is by far the best one I have played with yet! My previous racquet was the Wilson nSix- One and I didn't play my best, but now my shots are almost perfect. I am a lot better at hitting down the line shots then what I ever was, I can hit my one-handed backhand with a lot more control, and volleying as never been easier when it comes to placing the shot.
From: John, Stellarton, NS, Canada, 06/07
String type and tension: NXT 16, 59 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Best racket I have had to date. I have used the Wilson N-Tour Two (orange/Black) in a 95" head. I have used the Wilson N-Pro Surge in a 100" head. Slazenger's Tim Henman style racket in 95" head and several of the O3 Prince series of racquets. This racquet once restrung with Babolat Pro Hurricane mains and Babolat Team vs Gut strings at 60lbs tension has done wonders for my game. I am able to get a feel on this racquet that I haven't had before. The racket is light enough at 9.9 ounces unstrung so that I can quickly maneuver it at the net in doubles and yet crisp/stiff enough so that my volleys are still very solid on contact. I did lose a little power in the racket it seems from my old 95" heads to this one, but the trade off on backhands and forehands from the baseline has been well worth it. I only have one racket now, but plan on purchasing 3 more to make 4 once the price drops.
From: Josh, Piney Flats, TN, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: 60lbs Babolat Pro Hurricane / Team vs Gut

Comments: I've had this racquet for a while now. Bought it as soon as it came out, hoping it would turn out to be my weapon of choice. Well, I believe it is a nice stick to play with for sure... great balance between power and control considering it's lightweight and some great access to spin. Serves felt good when strung at a high tension (I highly recommend this)(60 + lbs). Overall, a great racquet. If you are trying to find an arm friendly, lightweight racquet, but still receive a good response in terms of control and power, go for this one.
From: Fernando, Barcelona, Spain, 06/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough @ 61 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5 / 5.0

Comments:I am using this sweet stick now for about 2 weeks and my game play increased dramatically. I switched from a Head Ti S6 cause I couldn't get any better with it. Now my spin, serve and volleys are way better. I suggest this racket to everybody how wants to increase his game play.
From: Florian, Hofheim, Germany, 06/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 60lbs
Headsize: 100sq
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I have only demo'd the racket among others like the pure drive 107, nCode nSix-two, KZen, and flexpoint radical. This is the best I have played with. I feel more confident in my overall game, but specifically my backhands and MUCH more power combined with consistency and accuracy in my serve. I am soon to buy this racket.
From: Cory, Chickasha, OK, USA, 06/07
NTRP Rating: 3.0-4.0

Comments: Great racquet, I just picked mine up two days ago and won my first game with it yesterday. Perfect for my game. My shots are more accurate now, and my serves are even better. The weight is good as well, I only have to get used to it on the net, but I don't usually go to the net anyway.
From: Gustavo, Cape Cod, MA, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Pro Blend @ 58 Lbs

Comments: Simply amazing, I usually use a Prince Graphite, or a Pure Drive at times. I play a decent power game, but my game relies heavily on placement and spin. This racquet provided everything I need. I personally added weight at the handle and the head. After that I was sure of everything I hit. My serves and volleys also saw extreme improvements. I'm already going to go buy my second one.
From: Angel, L.A, CA, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 61 Lbs

Comments: I demo'd this and I have just placed an order for 3 of them because it is so good. I switched from the Head Liquid Metal 2 to this and I have thoroughly enjoyed hitting with it. Especially with my volleys and groundstrokes, specifically my forehand. I had a little bit of trouble hitting my serve with this racquet because I couldn't quite get the power on it but after about a week of playing with it I have found the true spin serve. I would submit this to more of 4.0 because of the weight factor because it is very light.
From: Nick, Braintree, MA, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Wilson Reaction 16 Gauge @ 60 Lbs

Comments: I switched to the (K) Surge from the Pure Drive +. I feel so much more control with this racquet for how light it is compared to the Pure Drive. My volleys and slice shots have improved along with more action on my groundstrokes. I highly suggest giving this solid racquet a try.
From: Alex, Lititz, PA, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 57 lbs

Comments: Just demo'd this racquet...Sweet Stick! I've never taken the time to give feedback but this stick warrants it. I previously was playing with the Wilson NPro Open; I have played with the Prince O3 Tour, Babolat Team Roddick, and Babolat Team and Team Plus among others. Wilson hit me perfect with the K Surge. It feels easy to swing and net action/ half volleys were just as quick as with the NPro Open but stayed low with pace. I could generate tons of spin and had a few topspin lobs in doubles that I thought were going to sail long that sucked down in at the last second! Better than any of the other racquets I've played. Reaction volleys didn't fly out (Babolat) nor float or die for easy pick-offs. Cross-court forehands sucked down in also. Serves were with as much pace as with the Babolats but with twice as much kick/spin. The True grip feels awesome...I usually wrap with Tacky grip but factory grip was perfect. Off-center shots didn't twist the racquet in my hand like the NPro Open. The demo I used was brand new and after scooping half volleys and dropping it a few times in action, the finish and head protector stayed mar- free. I'm ordering mine right now...
From: Steve, Colorado Springs, CO, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Wilson Reaction 16 @ 60 Lbs

Comments: I switched to the (K) Surge from the Babolat Pure Drive +. I feel so much more control with this racquet for how light it is compared to the Pure Drive. My volleys and slice shots have improved along with more action on my ground strokes. I highly suggest giving this solid racquet a try.
From: Alex, Lititz, PA, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @ 57 Lbs

Comments: Such a solid racquet for how light it is. Its so stable and easy to hit with. Cool color scheme definately worth a try for a intermediate player and with some weighting adjustments it would be great for advanced players.
From: Josh, Chicago, IL, USA. 3/07