Comments: If it fits on you this is the perfect shoe if you are looking for stability and support. Laces brings no problem, but sole durability is a negative. I am level 4 and baseliner.
From: Tony, 6/12

Comments: I completely agree with Paul, these are much heavier than the glaciators. They feel ok, but i feel like I am lumbering around the court. Will also not buy a new pair once I'm done with these.
From: Thom, 2/12

Comments: I had a very bad experience with these shoes. They were so tall from the ground and regarding quality my knees were so hurt for several days because of these shoes. My lower back as well! I'm a 5.5 player and would never recommend these shoes.

Comments: The shoe lace holes tears up the the shoelaces very quickly. Very bad design.
From: Ken. 7/11

Comments: Much better fit & softer than Defier miSOUL Tech. It makes me feel more confident in chasing after any kind of balls. No more drop shots from my opponents. Save yourself some money get these.
From: Kevin, Reston, VA, USA. 5/11

Comments: I tried this shoe after 4 pairs of the K-Swiss Glaciator. I loved that shoe. This one however is its very comfortable but much heavier cousin. Good shoe but at about 3 ounces heavier than what I am use to (per shoe), I won't be buying another pair.
From: Paul, Burbank, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: Solid shoe with good cushioning and tread. Comfortable and durable, plenty of support. I have a wide foot, and this style runs smaller in the forefoot than I had hoped, but the 1/2 size larger was too long. Besides the width (or lack thereof), the only negative comment I have is the lacing system. The stupid metal eyelets have some sharp edges, and one of the laces appeared ready to break after only a few days of wear.
From: Bob, Concord, MA, USA, 09/10

Comments: This is shoe is durable because it will keep you from wearing it. Seriously I don't understand the comments about them being comfortable right out of the box. Not mine. They had to be broken in a bit. The "cage" they have would kill my feet the next day until they softened up a bit. I have a high instep and so tend to roll on the outside of my foot - this shoe of course stops that cold. But I think that it is too effective. These shoes make it hard for me to move in them. I'm standing there feeling like I'm buried in sand up to my ankles. Now I know this is my problem and not the shoes but if you have high arches beware. You'll be fighting this shoe with every step. I gave up.
From: Ron, Chicago, IL, USA, 04/10

Comments: This shoe is durable, but the lacing is very bad. I need to keep shoe strings in my bag because the metal breaks them so often.
From: Jacob, Harlan, Iowa, USA 02/10

Comments: These shoes offer fantastic cushioning/comfort and are very durable. However--as others have noted- -the lacing system looks cool but doesn't really work very well. When you pull on the shoestrings, it cinches/tightens only the top part of the shoe. The Defier is still the better shoe (with a better lacing system). I don't understand why K-Swiss didn't use that Defier's lacing system with this shoe.
From: Jim, Louisville, KY 10/09

Comments: I am a 3.5 player that plays 3-4 times a week. They were immediately comfortable and provided good cushioning and support. The problem I found was that they tend to eat laces. The lacing system is placed at an angle that frayed laces very quickly. I keep several pairs in my bag. The other problem I had was the lacing rivets popped out. Thank you to TW for replacing them after a month for me! Overall I really like this shoe!!!
From: Paul, Norwalk CT 09/09

Comments: I play about 12-18 hours a week and these shoes didn't last more than 3 months. They're very comfortable but they wear out fairly quickly.
From: Cam, Boston, Ma 09/09

Comments: Overall very comfortable shoes, good stability, and grips. I played on my H.S. team with these. Fair to say the soles lasted 3 months. I played in them 6 days a week. The first to go are under the balls of your feet, then the toe drags, and finally, the sides by your big toe. The insides are still in very good shape. I really like them but is it worth $90 for 90 days? Only your wallet (or parents) can decide.
From: Kad, Sherwood, Oregon, USA 07/09

Comments: I play mainly hardcourt, so was looking for a stable shoe that could take the punishment and last. This shoe will do it. The most stable I've ever worn, but HEAVY and HOT. No real gripes on the shoe itself, just didn't suit my game...I felt slow to the ball. Went with the Asics Gel Encourage, maintained the feel of stability and increased my reaction time.
From: Kris, Bradenton, FL, USA, 02/09

Comments: This is by far the best shoes I've worn tennis or otherwise. They didn't need any break-in time. I was up and playing the first time I wore the shoe. The best thing I like about the shoe is the arch support. My feet start to hurt after a few hours of play on other shoes I've tried but not in these. I don't get off the court with my feet hurting anymore. The shoe feels like it's hugging my feet snugly. I highly recommend these. In fact, I'm thinking of getting another pair for normal use. On the flip side, the laces are not very good. The shoe doesn't look as pretty as some other ones out there. I thought long and hard before I bought them but boy am I happy when I wore them. I've had them for about 9 months and play regularly on hard and clay courts. They're still going strong with little wear. Overall, I highly recommend them. They're worth the price.
From: Ravi, Columbus, GA, USA, 12/08

Comments: Extremely good cushioning and stability. Just a little heavy and hot for me. I will try the Approach Mesh or Glaciator next.
From: Daniel, CA, USA, 10/08

Comments: Great shoe. Very durable!
From: Martin S., Aberdeen, SD, USA. 9/08

Comments: I'm a 5'10", 185 lb, 4.5-level baseliner who plays 10 to 15 sets/week during nice weather. Looking for more durability, I decided to give the Stabilors a try after having, I think, 7 pairs of Defier RS' over the past few years.
Fit and Comfort. These, like the Defiers, have a nice wide toe box. I wear size 11.5 running shoes but go up a half size to 12 with K-Swiss shoes, Stabilors included. I should also add that I wear Thorlo socks and use SuperFeet insoles. The Stabilors are well cushioned and in general are very comfortable. True to their name, they offer excellent lateral stability. Counter intuitively, though they look warm due to a lack of vent holes or mesh, they never felt warm playing on hot days (95+ degrees).
Durability. I cannot say that the Stabilors are more durable than the Defiers. After nearly ten weeks, the uppers are in great shape, but the soles show significant wear. And the shoes will need to be replaced soon.
Issue: Laces and Lacing. The Stabilors have blocky metal eyelets which have a couple negative issues: i) The eyelets have edges or corners which actually fray the laces (I'm on my third set now). ii) There is enough friction between the laces and eyelets that it is p-r-o-b-l-e-m-a-t-i-c getting the shoes laced tight enough. While not a defect per se, the eyelets are poorly designed, not something one expects in shoes at this price point.
Summary. Would I get another pair? Probably not. Don't get me wrong: the Stabilors are very good shoes. However, while they are a bit more stable than the Defiers, they cost more, weigh more, and are not any more durable.
From: Stephen, Washington, DC, USA. 9/08

Comments: I used the Defiers RS and loved the comfort, stability and traction. I gave these a try and the cushioning is good but the Defier is better, good traction and more stable than Defiers and better looking. My only problem with the shoe is the lacing, I like my shoes tight when you pull on the laces they fray slightly and after two weeks I'm worried they might break any moment.
From: Marcos, Guaynabo, PR. 8/08

Comments: These are my first KSwiss shoes but they will not be my last. I've worn Wilson, Nike, Reebok, New Balance and Prince just to name a few but these are the best by far. Comfort right out of the box and great performance on the court!
From: Joel, Studio City, CA, USA. 5/08

Comments: I've never played in a more comfortable, stable, good looking tennis shoe! I tried this in a store and was impressed from the start. Now after 2 months of wear, even more so. The cushioning is better than anything out there. No break- in period, period! Feels light --- just the best shoe out there. I am a 4.5 player, and I switched from Adidas Barricade Vs. These feel much lighter and faster, less clunky.
From: Stephen, Los Angeles, CA. USA. 3/08