Comments: Great alternative to the Nike Vapor! I love the Vapors, but was looking for more durability. I would also say the cushioning is equal to or better than the Vapors, as the midsole and outsole are thicker. The traction is also great! I don't know that they'll make it through 6 months on outdoor courts, but that's where the warranty comes in handy. I think they'll definitely last longer than the Vapors, as I only got a little over 2 months wear out of my last pair of Vapor 9.5s. (My Vapor 9's seemed to last longer, so I'm wondering if Nike made the outsole a little thinner in the 9.5 to cut weight?). My ideal shoe would be the Vapor with a more durable outsole, and slightly more padding -- and so far the Speed Star is the closest thing I've been able to find to that. (I was a big fan of the Nike Breath Free II). I tried the adidas Barricade 5, and while it seems like it would be an incredibly durable shoe, it was much stiffer, and my feet seemed to suffer more as a result. My only suggestion for improving the Speed Star shoe would be to replace parts of the kangaroo leather with mesh, as I love the breathability of the Vapors. Also -- great customer service from Tennis Warehouse -- thanks!
From: Erik, 5/15

Comments: These shoes break in very quickly and feel extremely comfortable. The impact absorption is the best of the 3 different shoes I've tried. After a few minutes of play, the shoes disappear from your mind and you feel at one with them. I'm recovering from a skiing injury to one of my knees. Playing with the Head Sprint Pros was very painful. Zero pain while wearing these shoes! It was night and day. One 2 and a half hour sessions did result in some parts of the outsole showing the secondary color underneath though, so I'm not certain about long term durability despite the 6mo outsole guarantee. My NTRP rating is 3.0 and I have been playing for a year.
From: Tony, 3/15

Comments: I have enjoyed this shoe, but after 3 months, the soles wore out. Tennis Warehouse sent me a replacement pair. I am a 3.5 player and play 2-3 times a week on hard court surfaces.
From: Ryan, 2/15

Comments: Great shoe! I'm about to purchase another pair or two before they discontinue them.
From: Frank, 2/15

Comments: It has been rainy and cold lately but I finally got a chance to try out these Diadoras I purchased recently. I like them a lot. They were very comfortable, provided good support and traction. Would/will buy them again, just wish they came in more colors.
From: Sandy, 12/14

Comments: Great fit and feel. Very poor durability at the tip of toe if you are a toe dragger.

Comments: I purchased these on 4/21/14. I'm a male 4.0 player and I play 4 to 5 times a week on Har Tru courts in Florida and I thought I would try these shoes. On 5/28/14 the lace on the 4th eyelet on one of the shoes ripped open making the shoes to loose to use. I have never had this problem in over 25 years of playing tennis purchasing many types of shoes. If you look at the the shoe eyelets there to thin at the stress points. I do not recommend these shoes until the company address this design flaw. I will be sending the shoes back to Tennis Warehouse.

Comments: I like these shoes. Low profile, good support. The only thing that disturbs me is the way the shoe laces are at the top. I find it somewhat difficult to pull the laces tight from the bottom up with the way the eyelets are designed.

Comments: Great court shoes! I am an all-court player who relies on my speed and movement to compete with harder hitting players. I have always been picky about my shoes. These new Diadoras fit well on my feet and offer a great mix of traction, durablity, and comfort on court. They have a similar feel to an addidas Barricade, but lighter and less clunky. I have struggled to find a shoe I like as much as the Babolat Propulse 2s that I used to wear but have finally found happiness in these Diadoras. There was a slight break-in period for the stiff upper to stop digging into my ankle. But a few times on court and they were perfect. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a speedy feel in a sleek and durable frame.

Comments: My son was having ankle pain after tennis. It was becoming a real concern. He would limp around the house after practice. We didn't immediately blame his new Nikes because they looked like sturdy shoes and they weren't cheap. But the pain kept getting worse. We tried a pair of these Speed Stars (in the smallest size available) as a last resort before taking him to a sports podiatrist. The pain disappeared immediately. We're only two weeks in but build quality, comfort and support are top notch. I can't think of any reason why we would buy anything but Diadora tennis shoes going forward. Thank you Tennis Warehouse for bringing back this exceptional line of products.
From: JS, 3/14

Comments: Out of the box, I wear a size 8. The width is described as medium and is just wide enough to be comfortable. Length is fine. Heel is cradled comfortably. My foot measures 29 cm by 10 cm. I returned two other brands of the same size that were not wide enough.