Asics Gel Solution Speed 2 Bk/Red/Yellow Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I have been using this shoe for the past week. I bought this shoe 1/2 a size smaller and it fit right. The front half of my feet move a bit, which reduces my confidence. The main issue I had was it did not have the low to the ground feel. On the plus side it is very light and looks awesome. Did I mention it looks awesome?! I also have the feeling that in another week or so, the performance and feel of the shoe is going to improve. Will get back in a month with updates.
From: Giri, 7/14

Comments: I bought this shoe after considerable research as I was looking for a light weight shoe so I could move quickly around the court. I also needed good support as I have high arches and I tend to pronate outward. Initially, I was very happy with this shoe, it was lightweight and enhanced movement. However, I quickly noticed that the arch support was inadequate for my needs. So I purchased some arch support inserts that did the job better. Nevertheless, I started to experience problems. Early in a singles match I incurred an ankle strain, something I rarely do. However, I couldn't point to an actual event that caused the sprain or strain. Anyway, for several matches after that, I taped both ankles with concern that the shoes may have been a contributing factor. Most recently, after what was for me moderate exertion, a one hour lesson and a 1 /1/2 hour clinic with 7 other players, my right foot just started to hurt. The pain was on the bottom, middle right of my foot. It was pain that had no singular event cause but was seemingly more like stress induced inflammation. I could barely walk without a limp much less chase down a ball. Is it the shoes? I believe so. The shoe is relatively narrow and snug and perhaps doesn't have the broader support my feet need, especially considering how my feet pronate. When I switched back to my other shoes, Fila or Yonex, my feet seemed to cry out "thank you, thank you!" While the inflammation is still there, I can move effectively in the other shoes without exacerbating the pain. So I have to conclude, this shoe doesn't work for me.
From: Jerry, 6/14

Comments: Played my first match in these last night and I have never felt as quick or light on my feet as I did. The best tennis shoes I have ever worn. Would buy these again, twice, for sure.
From: Neill, 6/14

Comments: I was a fan of the original Speeds and absolutely love the Speed 2s. I do think lateral stability is better, but the strength of this shoe is that you can flat out fly in them. They're the lightest most comfortable shoe for me out there. Light like a running shoe, stable like a tennis shoe.

Comments: The Asics Solution Speed 2 feels very similar to the previous Solution Speeds. Like the original, the 2 is a great fitting shoe for the mid to narrow foot. For me, it's a better fit than the Gel Resolution 5. Arch support in the 2 remains prominent as before. I didn't notice any difference in lateral stability but it wasn't a problem for me in the previous version. Bottom line -- a very comfortable, lightweight shoe.
From: Tim, 2/14