Wilson BLX Six.One Tour Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have been demoing this racquet for a few weeks and am very impressed. The brilliance of this racquet is that it forces me to be a better player. I can get away with sloppy tennis using other racquets, but the 6.1 Tour demands proper form, solid footwork, and total concentration. When I can combine all three of those elements my shots are amazing from all areas of the court. When I falter, the racquet gives me instant feedback and I can correct the issue right away. Bottom-line is that this racquet is a lot of work, but the hard work is well rewarded.
From: Peter, 10/11

Comments: This racquet is the biggest and lightest racquet among my collections. I bought this BLX 6.1 Tour together with ProStaff 85 (reissued) from Tennis Warehouse about 2-3 months ago. By comparing Pro Staff 85, BLX 6.1 Tour and K Factor Pro Staff 88 with the same string (Luxilon Big Banger TiMO 18 and same tension at 60 lbs). I still prefer Pro Staff 85 and K Factor Pro Staff 88 but unfortunately both of them are discontinued. One man's poison may be another man's meat, the BLX poison to me is lack of feedback and its too light (quite seldom hear people complain this BLX 6.1 Tour is too light, but it happened on me because i already get used to the K Factor Pro Staff 88).
There are 2 kinds of feedback, 1st is the feedback maybe call it impact on your string when the ball hit your racquet, 2nd is when the ball leave your racquet after rebounding from the string. For the 1st kind of feedback: Pro Staff 85 has good impact but not as clear as K Factor Pro Staff 88. The K Factor Pro Staff has good impact, heavier than Pro Staff and very clear feeling. The BLX 6.1 Tour has a light impact, and unclear feeling. For the 2nd kind of feedback: The Pro Staff 85 is almost identical to K Factor Pro Staff 88 but still the K Factor Pro Staff 88 is clearer feeling. On BLX 6.1 Tour you almost feel nothing. Due my personal type: I do prefer more feedback, and it must be clean. 1st kind of feedback will tell me how I rebound the ball once I feel it. 2nd kind of feedback will tell me how my ball will fly after I hit it. So BLX 6.1 Tour's lack of feedback is my poison. However, my teammates do like BLX 6.1 Tour's feeling rather than K Factor Pro Staff and Pro Staff so it is really subjective. BLX 6.1 is lighter when you serve compare with the Pro Staff 85, while K Factor Pro Staff 88 is a bit heavier for me. And I found a good way to play together with the 3 racquets. I use ProStaff 85 when I serve, the rest of the time KPS 88 and when I feel tired after 2 hours playing then I change to BLX 6.1 until the end.
From: Wen, 10/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger TiMO 18, 60lbs

Comments: Ive been using this frame for approx 9 months now and decided to post a review with my experience. This frame is heavy, if one does not have the right technique to generate racket head speed it will be very frustrating to use as this generates zero power. Its a 100% control oriented frame IMO. Having said that, i bought it because i knew it would force me to fix my technique which I'm glad to say it has but not without a few months of frustration after which its a really rewarding experience to hit with. Pros - 1. Constructed to offer control and power specially for the single handed backhand (this was definitely manufactured for Sampras/ Federer's type of game). The frame is ultra stable when you are playing against a player that is hitting hard and heavy even on the high balls. Great stick for playing with a power hitter or a heavy hitter. 2. Amazing frame for the slice. slices the ball with action, deep and low. 3. Great for volley's. This frame has amazing feel and touch shots like the volley are very effective. For reflex volleying in doubles I find the frame to be to heavy to be able to move quickly. Cons- 1. Take a while to get used to the weight and to learn to generate power. 2. Tires me out after 2 sets. 3. Not the best frame when playing a pusher or someone that hits without much power. Generating all your own power gets you more fatigued with this stick than with any other that I have played with. 4. Not suited for those who like to string with hard strings like the Babolat RPM blast. I tried the RPM blast set up as a hybrid with syn gut in the cross and my elbow and shoulder started to hurt within 30 mins. I recommend natural gut as mains and a soft poly on the cross with a max tension of 55. 55 was still a control oriented.

Comments: It gave me the control and power that I wanted when I needed. I've played with the Prince, Pro-Kennex, then Wilson 6.1, and now BLX 6.1 Tour. This is my best sword so far. You could never go wrong with this stick if you manage to hit the sweet spot.
From: Gilbert. 08/11
String type and tension: NXT 16, 58lbs

Comments: I have been using this racquet for about 2 months now. Pros: Great control, nice feel and decent spin. Serves have very good accuracy and the weight of the racquet allows you to get through groundstrokes and hit solid volleys. Cons: You'll sacrifice power on your strokes (especially the serve). Off-center hits are definitely noticeable. Overall, a good addition to this line by Wilson but you better have the strength and technique to use this stick.
From: Rick. 6/11
String type and tension: Gosen Polylon mains & OG Sheep Micro crosses

Comments: Whenever I walked into a tennis shop for some reason I would always gravitate to this racquet. I knew some day I had to buy it and I finally bought it and it is absolutely amazing! I love how solid it is and I feel more confident when I hit the ball. The weight has its pros and cons. I definitely have to train myself to be able to maneuver it because it is a bit heavy. The best way I can describe this racquet is that it is enjoyable to play with, I feel totally connected to it like it is an extension of my arm.
From: Brendan. 5/11

Comments: Great addition to the six.one family. I was a big fan of the Ksix.one and this new racquet doesn't disappoint; same great performance, solid control and response. However, the only difference is feel. When both racquets are played with the same tension and string, I've notice the BLX has a dampened feel. I usually play my Ksix.one with a dampener so the new dampened feel of the BLX isn't alien to me. Overall, if you like the feel of racquet with a built-in dampener, you'll love the new BLX 90. However, if you like the feel of an open, free string bed than the k90 is the way to go. Both racquets are still killer on the court, you can't really go wrong with either. Definitely a must demo.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: What a weapon! This is the only one by far where I can go for my shot time and time again knowing that I'm in full control of my placement! Unbelievable touch on drop shots! For players with established footwork for fast shot acquisition.
From: HJ. 5/11
String type and tension: Gamma synthetic gut w/WearGuard 17, 53#

Comments: I just used the demo for this racquet this afternoon and I was really happy with it. I use the K Factor version of this racquet and I was looking for something that is a little more arm friendly. I still used a dampener, but it is really close to the point where you don't even need one. I never had an issue with feel on either racquet and it still has great plow through, just the BLX version is a little more forgiving and arm friendly.
From: Jaime, Lafayette, LA. 05/11

Comments: I have had this racquet for about nine months and I found it through a demo program as I was looking for a more control based stick. It isn't that forgiving but it is good on slicing and topspin. The weight of the stick wasn't enough, so I had to add some weight to the top of the racquet. I use a two handed backhand which is good because the smaller head size lets flatter shots be more controlled. It's an all around good racquet.
From: Aaron. 5/11
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic @ 61 lbs

Comments: A first I was unsure about this racquet. I couldn't control it. But after only a few months of practice, I love it. My favorite shot with this stick is by far the backhand. I have a one-handed backhand and I believe this racquet was made to accomodate the one-handers. The smaller head size gives the one-handers more control and much more power.
From: Jacob, Knoxville, TN, USA. 5/11
String type and tension: Wilson Shock Shield @ 55lbs

Comments: I have always been a Babolat guy. I have owned over 30 Aero Pro Drives in the past 5 years. I never thought it could get any better than that racquet, but when I picked up this Wilson at a demo after a tourney one day, I was hooked. It had amazing control and enough power to keep up with the Aero Pro Drives I had been using. I have been playing tennis for over 10 years and have been taught by some top pros. This is a great racquet and I highly highly suggest you demo this if you consider yourself a tennis player
From: Steven, Aiken, SC, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 53lbs

Comments: Frankly I don't understand many of the critics to this racquet. Extreme top spin? Forget it. Super fast serve swing? No way. Extra maneuverability at the net and last second adjustments? Look somewhere else. Forgiveness on miss hits? In your dreams. This racquet is meant for a meticulous player with full swings and excellent placement. It is really a pleasure to hit with this stick when you play one-handed backhands, I believe it is conceived for this. Stability is awesome, and the swingweight is way better now than with the K Factor version. This racquet really gives the impression of disposing of heavy weapons, available power and nasty precision. Not the easiest frame but certainly the best Wilson on the market for single handed players.
From: Luigi, Paris, France. 4/11
Luxilon Big Banger Original @ 23/24 kgs
15 (French rating)

Comments: This is hands down the best racquet off the shelf right now for serious players. You get a load of control and actually have to supply your own source of power. Don't bother playing as a younger junior with this racquet because you better learn to hit the gym in order to wield this thing effectively. Younger players will find that their groundies will stay in a lot more with this racket but will have to sacrifice their serves and maneuverability which can really be detrimental to an overall game. Give it a swing and see where you fall.

Comments: I tried the new frame and don't like it one bit. I have been a "Tour 90" user, dating back to the ncode and K6.1 tour 90s, but this racquet by far is the worst. I had very little feel and the racquet feels dead even though you still get some pop on your shots. I'll stick to the K6.1.
From: Kyung, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough @ 55lbs

Comments: Great racquet, it's probably the racquet that has everything for everyone. As most people perceive, the head size is not that small, it is good enough provided you have the proper technique. Good control, really good spin potential and power easy to generate. But I must warn you, this racquet will suit you only if have a playing style of Federer. All those who like to hit shots like Nadal, say goodbye to this one. Great for a single-handed backhand and a dampener really serves its purpose. Overall really great racquet, just awesome.
From: Prasanth, Hyderabad, India, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 52.

Comments: What I like on this racquet is the fact that I can place the ball much better than with bigger, "new" trend frames. I can confirm what other says: for service you have to be prepared to lose a little bit of pace. On the other hand I feel more consistency on my serve. Whether I like this racquet or not depends on conditions like weather (surface), quality of balls (I am about 4.5 recreational player so often we do not play with "fresh" balls ;-)) or very simply on my current shape (being a little bit tired in the match and then I feel that tennis is like a hard work ;-)). Further, do not forget that strings are soul of the racquet (avoid using pure poly based setup, this racquet deserves top class strings; I tried several hybrids and finally best setup for me is WeissCannon - Turbotwist 1.18 mains, WC explosive on crosses, lower tension - about 23kg). Bottom line: when I feel good, I love this racquet, when I do not, I take my other racquets (the other suitable for aggressive 1 hand BH is for me Head Prestige Pro or Prince Exo3 93 graphite; I know, strange but I like to change "a taste of the racquets").
From: Vladimir, 02/11
String type and tension: WeissCannon Turbotwist 1.18mm, WeissCannon Explosive
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I came from the K90 like many others and essentially the BLX90 is the same except for a more dampened feel. I always try to find the same balance and weight so that I don't have too huge of an adjustment phase. I add lead @ 2/3/9/10 o'clock for stability and pushing the sweet spot to the top of the racquet. Personally I still prefer the K90 for serve volley and doubles, the extra feel just gives better net game and even on the groundstrokes, you can feel the ball through the racquet. Still the BLX is a nice replacement if you run out of K90s.
From: Drew, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17 mains, Klip Legend 17 cross. 53lbs

Comments:I previously used the K-Six-One and I am still a fan of that racquet. However, I experienced some elbow problems and my racquet stringer suggested I try the BLX. This racquet relieved the stress from my forearm and elbow, but it took some getting used to.
The swing weight of this racquet is faster than the K-Six-One and thus requires that you take a tad off your shots to retain control. This racquet delivers a bit more pop on the serve than the previous model, but does not provide the feel for volleys and touch shots that the K-Six-One provided.
The K-Six-One required excellent timing - this racquet requires even better execution. The dead feel is good for my arm and the extra pop on the serve is welcomed. It's a 1/2 step back from the older model but better than other racquets in this class.
From: Joseph, Chicago, Il, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: 58
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: I use the k factor version and I was iffy when I fist got this in the mail. It felt dead even though I used the same sting set up I use with my k factor. The racket was balanced perfectly and it felt good threw serving and groundstrokes but there wasn't enough feel for volleying and delicate shot making. Great racket but I think a step back from the k factor.
From: Rick, Chicago IL, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Natural gut 59, big banger rough 61

Comments: I used to play for many years with the old 85sq Pete racquet but needed to move on since Wilson no longer makes them so I got a pair of the Six.One BLX Tours and I'm not looking back. At first it felt a bit heavy because of the slightly larger head especially since I play the antiquated one-handed backhand but I got used to it quickly and it actually improved my game a bit. I'm now more proactive, accurate and consistent and developed better strokes. I usually use a dampener so I can't comment on the Basalt fiber stuff. I am now winning more matches and put more pressure on my opponents. I love the racquet and planning on getting one more.
From: YK, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: 16 gauge Poly/15 gauge Synth hybrid 54/52
NTRP Rating: 4.0 certified

Comments: Previously, I played with the K-factor 90 for a little over a year, but decided to make the switch to the BLX 90 after a demo. The BLX model has a slightly thinner beam and is bit more flexible and offers a plusher feel than the K 90. It also has less of that "pingy" vibration on slight mis-hits, which could be attributed to the addition of basalt fibres. One interesting thing to note is that the pair BLX's that I purchased had noticeably different balance (around 0.75 in/ 6 pts), which made it a bit tricky to match them. I noticed that one frame was about 0.25 in longer and was probably was due to differences in the buttcap installation. After tinkering with the specs, both frames were 370 g, 8 pts headlight, and had 353 swingweight (strung). The BLX 90 now feels more stable and has considerable momentum transfer to the ball. My single-handed topspin backhand serve returns have noticeably improved. With a natural gut hybrid string job, the racquet has a unique "flingy" feel, where accurate footwork and efficient, confident strokes are rewarded with a heavy and lively ball. Confidence is key with this frame; life gets difficult when your weight is on the back foot and timing is rushed. I wouldn't recommend the frame to someone with extreme grips/style, as it may increase risk of injury.
From: Chris, Austin, TX, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat VS Natural ThermoGut 16 mains @ 58 lbs, Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 16 crosses @ 55 lbs

Comments: I have been using the six one tour line for 2 years now and I love them. The BLX version is by far the best of the line. I found it much more forgiving and powerful but the ball would still stay in the court. I have heard people saying that it is too heavy, but hey I don't find it too heavy and I'm 13. The racquet generates lots of spin and power but I don't know if that's me or the racquet because I'm a nationally ranked player in Australia and one of the best for my age. It is great on serves and it is easy to get lots of rip on the ball but I recommend that you don't use any "spin" strings because you generate too much spin and not enough power. I recommend this racquet to anyone who doesn't have an elbow problem and is looking for a powerful but controlled racquet.
From: Rhys, 01/11
String type and tension: Hybrid 58 mains 57 crosses
NTRP Rating: 2.0 (Australian ratings about the same as 6.0 US)

Comments: Started playing tennis more than a year ago and used Head and Babolat oversized heads as a beginner and then tried Federer's ncode, K 90, which I really liked for they are very good bats for single-handed back hand player. Then I developed pains on both my Shoulder and Elbow. Next I started researching for a players racquet in TW reviews and bought Prince rebel 95, which was indeed a very solid and forgiving Racquet! As my game progressed, my curiosity grows, I tried Nadal's APD GT, nice stick but elbow pains came back. My wife bought me a Blx 90, and then the fun begins! My service ball placement and forehand improved significantly but I felt my Rebel is still better... And now I bought Blx 90, based on TW reviews, played for 2 months now, at first it was heavy for me but after few practice sessions I'm playing great tennis! Serve, returns, forehand, backhand, volley are just amazing! I found my reason to enjoy playing tennis and I'm looking forward to buy my next one to replace my Rebel as back up... Many Thanks to those who shared their experiences and thoughts and of course to Tennis warehouse who shared the info to everyone around the Globe! I highly recommend Wilson BLX 90!!
String type and tension: Luxilon BB @ 55 / Sweet 17 @ 57

Comments: This racquet is amazing; however' if you are a one handed back hand like me. It is recommended to lower the tension below 50 with higher tension you could damage your wrist if you have a weak wrist. For one handed back handed always better to lower the tension or you should spend time on fortifying your wrist at least 15 minutes a day push up on your back hand daily and it is the only way to strengthen your wrist. Good luck.
From: Veronique, CA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Signum Tension 47
NTRP Rating: 6.0 - open

Comments: FEEL. That's what you get with this stick. Terrific groundstrokes, deft volleys and accurate serves are what I bought along with this racquet. My single-handed backhands have improved phenomenally and I can now dictate play with that shot these days. So happy was I with this stick that I bought myself a pair last week.
From: Mathew, 12/10
String type and tension: 55 lbs

Comments: Demoed this racquet recently and I really don't get why people think this racquet is either too heavy, and or too small of a head or both. All it takes to use this is just watching the ball and the racquet does the rest. I had very good and accurate serves with this stick. Groundstrokes were never this penetrating before and my volleys were extremely accurate and solid. LOVE THIS STICK!

Comments: Finally got this stick, and as a K6.1 Tour user, I can honestly say the BLX6.1 Tour is...well...exactly the same as K6.1 Tour. Ok, yes, Wilson claims the added basalt woven into the graphite, but it's still the same racquet. The same mold, same shape, same weight, same string pattern, same string holes. The only difference I noticed is that it's a bit longer, about 3mm longer than K6.1 Tour. The good news is that if you're looking for the K6.1 Tour and can't find a new one, well, here it is!!
From: Jack, Towson, MD, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Titan gut main 60, Signum PPSS cross 58 lbs

Comments: Switched from Volkl PB10 (93) after demo this one for a week. Very regretful I believed the TW play-testers review of that Volkl and bought it w/o demo. It's nice but way too flexible. The BLX Tour is way better in every aspect for my game. My one-handed backhand now rips with awesome power and precision. I can hit as hard as I want and still have perfect control. My body never felt this tired after playing because now I exert so much more into my shots and enjoy the shocked reaction from the other side on the net. Powerful shots from my opponent will get crushed right back with even more power. Serve was great, volleys always been great with this series of racket. Probably not for players with whippy groundstrokes but for more traditional topspinner like Sampras or Lendl, who hit through the ball more and have some strength, this becomes a deadly weapon. Like one of the reviewers wrote, can't imagine any better racket coming out anytime soon so better stock up!
From: Rick, Queens, NY, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: M Tecnifibre Bi-phase 58, C Luxilon ALU Rough 58

Comments: Good racquet, a bit small head size though up at net, baseline good powerful groundstrokes, even using my fantastic 2 handed backhand. Serves great, good kick.
From: Henry, 11/10
String type and tension: Babolat rpm blast 58 mains 56 crosses

Comments: I really like this racket when I'm playing my best. This racket requires 100 percent concentration or it doesn't feel to have any sweetspot. I switched from prince ozone seven, which is a massive racket but changing to this racket helps my one handed backhand and eastern forehand game. I could hit it deep while barely ever hitting it out. The feel is pretty good too. The serve, smash and volleys were a little hard to get use to at first with the switch from 105 to 90 but it's good when I found the sweetspot. Attacking game is great with this when you are in control. When in defense on the run, it's a little hard to handle with the weight and small headsize. I think it's a good racket overall for people, especially for people that can control their opponents. Probably a 4.5+ player would be better.
From: Ken, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger Alu power rough and original (52lbs)

Comments: Sold my Prince Ignite Team 95 racquets. Tried Babolat APD and Pure: no go for my game. Tried other frames, like BLX 6.1: did not like the balance, swing weight, and maneuverability. I then decided to give that Fed's BLX version a shot, but was very apprehensive given I had never liked the past years versions of that frame. All I can say is WOW! It reminds me of the excellent K-Blade Tour 93 I started with but with more mass, more power and enhanced feel. I knew that frame would be demanding, but to my surprise not as much as anticipated. It does require excellent focus and concentration, as well as some discipline in your footwork. In return though, the player is rewarded with smooth and relaxed strokes with exquisite shot making. To me, that is the perfect effortless power scalpel I have ever used - bought three.
From: Stephane, Mt View, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Unique Big Hitter Blue 17

Comments: SWEET! I've been playing the Pro Staff lines since the original 85sq. in. Used to play the K-90 but sold them to switch to this new BLX Tour. The new BLX has the same great spin & control, if not better, but MUCH better vibration dampening (I no longer use a dampener). Loved it from the very 1st stroke. Pin-point accuracy, but you generate your own power. Only heads-up is that you've got to be a 4.5 NTRP or better.
From: Carl, Tampa, FL, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: M - Tecnifibre Red Code 52lbs. X - Gamma TNT 50lbs

Comments: I was in doubt with purchase this racquet. I was using a Head Liquidmetal Radical Tour (heavy version), which has more than 345 grams and 2 point head light. The BLX seems lighter to swing and has the same solid feel, but with more control and touch. I tried a PS 6.0 original 85 some years ago, but I didn't like it. This BLX is much better than 6.0 original, has much more power, much more control, and has no vibration. Slices and serve are the best at this racquet. Excellent choice for those guys who has the classic game, with one handed backhand.
From: Roger, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power 55 lbs

Comments: A lot of people are ridiculing the BLX version because it has this dampened feel to it. Personally, I like it! It's the same control minus the arm pain; even when you shank a ball, which I seemed to do quite a bit having switched from a customized Pure Drive Roddick GT with a 100 sq inch headsize. Definitely more arm friendly than say a K Six.One Tour 90 or a K Six.One 95 16x18. String it with gut and it's immense, but other string options are Wilson Sensation, NXT tour or X-One Bi-Phase are a good string plus the frame does a pretty good job of making a poly or a synthetic feel like gut. I dropped my tension to 52 because naturally, this racquet has less power than most, especially my previous racquet. It's a great racquet to my KPS88, which does tire you out but is a great hit-about racquet to demolish a mate! A pretty resounding 8.5/10 and in my opinion better than the K Factor.
From: Jamie, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power Rough 16L / Wilson Sensation 16 @ 52lbs

Comments: I've been using the Prostaff 6.0 95 square inch for the past nine years. When the reality settled in that the 6.0 was gone for good, I switched to the Federer BLX Six.One Tour and regret that I didn't switch sooner. I play four days a week and have used this racquet for two months now. The transition from the PS 6.0 has not been a problem and I am playing better and with more control. I bought two of these racquets and plan to buy two more because I can't imagine a better stick materializing any time soon.
From: Mike, Newport Beach, Calif. USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat 16-gauge natural gut

Comments: I am 54 years old and have played with this racquet for over 10 months now. At first I was apprehensive about using a 12.5 oz racquet, and then realized that this was what my Jack Kramer Pro Staff weighed 30 years ago. But this 6.1 BLX can really be whipped around if the proper technique is used (a la Federer). This racquet is ideal for one handed backhands, and allows for a variety of shots, particularly on slice and kick serves. One of my hitting partners, an A level player, bought a pair of these racquets also and believes that the best feature of the racquet is that "you get out of the racquet what you put into it." After practice we always agree that using this racquet helps one to understand the deficiencies of one's technique. I think that players who want to get to a high level know what this means. I like the solid core nature of this frame and the flat beam construction, which makes it consistent, evenly flexible, with great touch. When you swing it hard, it can have a boardy feeling.
From: Kimbal, Acton, MA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro 17 at 52-54
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: It feels more head light compared to the K-Factor, Wilson probably changed the weight distribution from the previous version. This is much easier to whip around for topspin and reaction shots. Serves and overheads are easier to time for, and groundstrokes have less pace with more spin. Volleys are about the same, perhaps a little harder to feel for as the racquet doesn't have the solid, crisp feel from the K-Factor.
From: Steve, Orange County, California, 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 16g, 53

Comments: I like the racquet but I need the head to be a little heavier. You will find that this racquet can slow down your serve. It was very good in high volleys but the small head size makes it difficult to manage low volleys. Groundstrokes are very good. The older version had a little bit heavier head, which I liked more. I recommend if you want to use this racquet. Try to reduce the tension on the strings. For example if you usually use 58 lb try to use 56 or max. 57 with this racquet to get the same power level. And don't use vibration killers because it will kill the feel of the ball.
From: Samer, 10/10
String type and tension: Dunlop explosive

Comments: LOL idk how Roger does this... 90 sq in that's intense I missed most my baseline shots especially volleys haha but I bought 2 because I love the feel when I actually hit the ball!
From: Ryoma, CA, USA, 10/10

Comments: I really love this racquet I played the k version but switched to that because of the ridiculous feel and this stability at net it was a bit hard to serve with because of the small headsize but now I got used to serving with it now I think it's the best racquet I ever played
From: Tobi, Germany, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 58lbs

Comments: WOW!! That is the one word that I must stress when mentioning this great racquet. I have played many racquets in my day around one hundred or so and none can compare in my mind to what this racquet can do. Being part of the Six.One lineage also helps but for me this tops the past few frames from the previous generations. This racquet can do everything well and does but don't expect it to just hit the ball for you, you need to bring your own power and other skills to be able to use it successfully and efficiently. If you are a developed player that has good clean strokes and likes a heavier racquet then this is a must demo. This racquet delivers and will surely do as you ask it to. There are some on here who disagree and say the K90 is a better racquet but in all departments this excels for me and all of my students who have used it as well.
From: Andrew, Birmingham, AL, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 60

Comments: It's okay. I'm a 3.5 player and I usually don't shank; I have the Yonex RDS 001 mid and I adapted to mid racquets. This racquet had a solid feel and a nice serve but it wasn't as maneuverable and had a bit too much power for me. If you can control explosive shots well, then this racquet is great for you.
From: Anon, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon rough 60

Comments: Wow! I fell in love with this racquet almost immediately. Then the growing pains began. Funny thing is that after I bought two (which were matched perfectly by the TW staff), I started to have trouble and began doubting my purchase. Luckily, I was now committed after selling all my other racquets and plugged away with these. And, boy, has it paid off! I'm playing some of the best tennis of my life! I was concerned about the extra weight giving me elbow or shoulder problems, but this stick has been super arm friendly (and I should know as I had to take off several months after a bout with tennis elbow after using some other racquets). I've never been so aware of where the ball was going when I hit it. My kick serve is now my #1 weapon when serving and my flat serve is coming along nicely. The forehand cross-court and inside out is fantastic and after a few shanks with my double backhand, I'm finally dialing it in with fantastic pace and placement (not to mention tremendous spin). This racquet will reward your hard work, but you have to swing out to get the most out of it.

Comments: I use several tennis bats, but this is my front line weapon for serious competition. It seems to work best with a hybrid string set up and dampened. It's very much geared for an accomplished player who seeks precision and likes customizing. It has the most ferocious sweet spot for heavy topspin put-aways and an awesome firecracker pop to congratulate you for getting it. However, if you don't hit the spot this racquet is very boardy and wooden. It would not be ideal for a beginner. I have found that despite the small head it can scoop up lower skimming balls remarkably well and does produce some interesting angles sweetly hit or otherwise. I was previously relying on a Hyper Pro Staff 6.1 but gave up on them because they kept snapping but also because unlike the BLX, they wobble upon impact and some time after and tend to deflect heavy spin shots way off course.
From: Garry, 09/10
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire, Luxilon Alu
Uses Wilson, Dunlop, Slazenger, Bosworth, Yonex, Volkl, Kneissl, Head

Comments: I use a completely different stick, Wilson BLX Six One Team but sometimes I borrow this racquet from one of our pros and although he strings it looser than I prefer, it still hits awesome. Lots of control, touch, and power when you want to stand on the gas. I just purchased three of my sticks but I should have tested this model before purchasing the others. I can see why this is a popular racquet.
From: Mark, El Paso, Texas, USA. 09/10
String type and tension: Gosen 16 gauge 55 lbs

Comments: Great racquet but not for low NTRP levels (4.0 and below). If you're not at least a 4.5 level player, you might as well use some other racquet. Great control, worked well with my one-hand backhand. Only thing I did not like about the racquet is the Roger Federer signature on the frame. I volley quite often and this racquet offered good control at the net. By the way, I came from nCode Six.One before this.
From: Sam, Florida. 8/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @52lb.

Comments: Beautiful paint, a nice muted feel for a heavy stick. I've been playing with the K-90 for a few seasons. I wanted to love the BLX because I thought it would be easier on my arm. But what I discovered is I play better with the K90. Much like the Tennis Warehouse review, I find the K90 to have not only a crisper feel, but also a bit more power. I think the BLX is a nice version for those who love the K90 but who may also get arm pain. I bought one and will probably hold onto it for when I'm a bit older. But for now, the K90 is the stick for me.
From: Michael, Boston, MA, USA, 08/10
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: Great stick my first "real" pro racquet. I get a lot more pop on my serve than I did with my kSix-One 95 Team. My forehand was on fire. It has effortless power, too. My only knock is that 1) you need perfect prep time and footwork to utilize this racquet's full potential. 2) I need a little more time setting up for my backhand (I hit it one-handed) because of the mass.
From: Laurent, 08/10
String type and tension: Gamma advantage 16G
Headsize: 90 sq inch

Comments: I am only a 13-year-old 3.5 ntrp player but I demoed this racquet because I knew it was Federer's. Wow what an amazing racquet. The headsize and weight did not affect my game because I learned to play with the vintage wooden racquets (65 sq inches, and about 13 oz). It allows you to hit deep and fairly hard shots without over swinging. Extremely stable and solid. It offers a lot of plow through. It's the best racquet for control I have ever used.
From: Connor, Oxford, OH, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 60 lbs

Comments: WOW! I absolutely love this racquet. I've been playing with a Wilson kSix-One 95 and was over-hitting many balls. I finally ordered a BLX Six.One Tour and it was great. I'm a bigger guy for my age (5'8 and I'm 13) so I can generate my own power, which you need to do. For me 3 words describe it: precise, feel and power.
From: J, Lebron left us, OH, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L at 55

Comments: Just strung this with Babolat RPM Blast 16 gauge at 53lbs and I put on Gamma Shockbuster and darn, I'm hittin' the best balls of my life.
From: Dhruv, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 53lbs.

Comments: I know all 3-4.5 are players asking- Is this racquet good for me? Well the racquet is heavy, but you get used to it quickly. The racquet forces you to play tennis with the right technique. Which means you will initially make a lot of errors, but if you keep your focus and maintain the right form the racquet will improve your game tremendously. Having said that if you lack proper control, footwork etc the racquet will punish you. I know forums have said that Roger Federer should change to a bigger head size because of shanking. Wrong!! He just needs to get in shape and right footwork and his shots will fall into place. Serves will only go in like bombs - only with the right technique as well. If you want easy shots and no progress in your game, go for something else.
From: HD, 08/10
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4

Comments: It's heavy, demanding, very difficult on serve. But to compare with my ProStaff 88 (Sampras) it's lighter, less demanding and not so stiff. The BLX version is for me the best version of Federer's racket. I need some days to get use to this stick, but If you like to hit hard shots and finish points at net, this is your weapon. But be prepared to spend some days in gym to build some power! After one week I can play 1 and 1/2 hour match... and just one per day.
From: Jan, 08/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu Power Rough 27-26

Comments: This racquet is very "solid feeling"! So many people come and ask, "Hey, Phun, what are you feelings about this racquet?" This racquet 1.) is very solid feeling. 2.) great control and great spin (always can hit the ball into the court) 3.) I already said before in number 2, but is very spin-friendly (I compare it to the top) Overall, a great racquet I beg you guys to buy it. Not only is this a good racquet, but the price is good as well. If out of 10, and the scoring is 1 being the best, then I'd give it a 1, but sometimes on an off day maybe a 2 because I have no feeling that day.
From: Phun, Akron, Ohio, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro line II black

Comments: Ideal racquet (for me, anyway). Marvelously easy on the arm and shoulder, unbelievably comfortable against heavy hitters. I'm 43 and have had shoulder problems and just started hitting seriously again, mostly with a South American kid who has ATP tour points--this is the only racket I tried that can handle his spin and power, and give them back on both serves and groundstrokes without killing my arm. The BLX also has terrific feel and stability for volleys and touch shots. But it's a specific kind of old-school, wood-racket, soft feel that many modern players might not like. It isn't a softened down K-factor, it's a different thing, really, and is worlds better than the K for an older player or anybody with arm issues, especially because it lets you get the tremendous benefits of the new co-poly strings without murdering your shoulder. But I would second the standard warning about this frame: only advanced players who generate major racket-head speed will really benefit from it (or from co-poly strings). Yes, anybody can appreciate its addictive comfort and feel on that one perfect shot and get seduced into buying one. But this racket's magic only sparkles against serious power and spin--to do anything at all with it against weaker shots, you must take huge, fast, relaxed swings, which is fun of course, but will mess up most intermediates' and beginners' games.
From: Bruce, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu rough and/or smooth, 58

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! I've been using it for about 3-4 months now; it's a fantastic racquet for the serve-volleyer, the baseliner, and just about every kind of game. The dampened feel is great too, and despite the small headsize, has great spin!

Comments: Finally returning from injury, I finally got to try out this racquet for real. I must say I'm stunned, this is an extremely versatile stick. It has really raised my playing level, and I have yet to return to full form. Here is my review: Groundstrokes: I had real fun with these, I could generate a lot of pace, spin, and power all while keep the ball in the lines. Lots of nice Plow-through, for a 12.5 oz. racquet this swings really fast and feel a lot lighter in hands after I got use to it. I come into contact with the ball early, and with the proper set up it's easy to hit winners from literally anywhere in the court. My favorite shot with this is definitely the forehand, any opening I get, I will most definitely take with this racquet because I know I can just slam away and the ball with stay in. My backhand is now much more consistent. My shot making drastically improved, with this racquet I just think of where I want the ball to go and by god it GOES!!! There's no argument about the superior feel of this racquet. Volleying: This is a deadly weapon on the net. I found it extremely maneuverable despite the heft. It's extremely solid, it doesn't matter how hard my opponent hits, if I manage to reach the ball it's definitely going in and going to be out of reach. It makes stop-volleys much easier and is extremely efficient in putting away shots. I loved hitting drive-volleys with this racquet, because usually I would overhit and the ball would go out, but with BLX90 the ball comes of with so much pace and spin but is still within the lines. Slice: When slicing with this racquet I felt like I was cutting through butter. I didn't need to worry about the ball "floating." The response is extremely solid and the spin potential is great. Serving: I loved serving with this racquet. The thin beam really helped cut through air, and since this racquet was very headlight I found no trouble generating quick head speed. My serves got more power, pace, spin, and accuracy all at once, it was perfect. I got great directional control on place my serves, whether I hit it flat or with kick. My second serve also significantly improved, I got monster kick serves with so much action on the ball as well as improved pace. This racquet in the overall feels extremely well on contact, but for those who aren't use to the smaller frame will face some difficulty finding the sweetspot and will most likely hit the frame. Receiving: This racquet will not take any bullying from a powerful server that hits flat. It's very stable on the first serve return, I managed to hit some return winners, and I adored the response from it. I usually attempt to hit winners on my opponent's second serve, with my old racquet it on worked half the time because I would either hit too hard or lose my grip because the racquet wasn't stable and didn't filter out the vibrations. With BLX90 the case is completely different, I never lost my grip, and the racquet remained stable and cleared of vibrations, I was able to send the ball over the net at bullet speed with enormous pace and spin all the while keeping it. Overall: This racquet is very solid from all aspects, and is designed for an all-court player that can deal with the racquets heft (I manage this with weight training). This racquet is definitely for players who have good form, and setting up early, timing is crucial to get the best shots. Highly recommend for the advanced 4.0 + player.
From: Ahmed, 07/10
String type and tension: Ashaway Kevlar 55lbs(mains), Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 58lbs(cross)
Headsize: 90 sq.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I recently switched from the K90 to the BLX90 to see if it was as soft as I've read from reviews. I liked the K90, but at times the weight & stiffness caught up to me, as well as my arm, in long match situations. I fell in love with the BLX90 after hitting with it for only a 1/2 hour! For a 12oz racquet, it handles great around the court & plows through the ball very well on all shots. Trading groundies or returning serves w/ players who consistently hit w/pace feels easier to handle. Its lightly dampened feel allows me to maintain a high level of play for long periods of time without sacrificing control or power. For players who complain about heavy racquets being too stiff but enjoy that solid plow-through feeling, I highly recommend giving this stick a try!
From: Shane, HI, United States. 07/10
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Super Smash & Wilson Hollow Core (45/50)

Comments: So much nice feedback for this frame, and I won't go another way: by far the best frame I've played for a couple of years. And I don't have this one because of Federer, but because the first time I saw the K-factor version and the Sampras Pro Staff 88, I knew this could be a very unique stick. A few years of resistance... is futile! Because of the weight and the frame size, a lot of players could be discouraged, and in some cases this could be justified, especially for players who don't like heavy rackets. Now for the others, not so hard to play, very very efficient, hyper stable, marvelous for attacking, old school frame I've been looking for some years. Last but not least, beautiful frame.
From: Totor, 07/10
String type and tension: 23-24
NTRP Rating: French

Comments: I started with the ProStaff 90 then N90 then K90 has been my favourite. I did not think about switching into the BLX, though I did find the new paint attractive and finally picked up one. Been playing with it for a month now and its true that the K90 has a crispier feel but I couldn't decide which I like better (meaning I didn't dislike the BLX feel). Some differences I noted were: for groundstrokes when making the same shot, BLX has slightly less power, but more spin. Slice was better cutting into the ball, but drop shot was slightly weaker. Aside from the spin/power difference, funny I found the BLX gave me an earlier ball contact, the swing weights should be the same but perhaps the new design allows a faster swing?? I enjoyed this racquet and will play with it for a while till I switch back to the k90.
From: Peter, 6/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17 main, Luxilon Alu power(smooth) cross.

Comments: This racket provides good spin production and control with its small head. But... I found it to be too unwieldy against strong power hitters. It also has a very insulated feel like playing while wearing a boxing glove. I'd pass on this racket and go for the Wilson K Blade Tour.
From: David, Belmont, CA, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 58 lbs
Headsize: 90 inches

Comments: Amazing control, amazing with my one handed backhand and slice which always lands in no matter what. Plus, you can't even feel the ball when you take a swing. Racket weight is pretty much okay, just slightly heavier than what I'm used to so I get tired after maybe 2 hours of playtime. I'd recommend it to 3.5 players and above who can handle the weight. Overall, this racket has improved my confidence and made my game better all-around.
From: Brian. 06/10

Comments: This is best racquet I have ever used. I am a mediocre player and have gone through many racquets before this one, last one that suited my game was Wilson K Factor and now having this beast, improved my game threefold and now I can be confident to place my shots right on the line and serve has gotten to be a lot more accurate with excellent bounce. I would recommend this racquet to anyone who currently owns any k factor which would be a huge step up! Thank You Wilson to get my confidence back in the game.
From: Rahul, Edison, New Jersey, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon, 55

Comments: This racquet is the best I've ever played with! It's perfect for people who are looking for control and have a long swing with good racquet head speed. The power level is low which is really good because I can swing really hard and it still goes in. My serve has gotten some more power, a lot of spin and a huge amount of control. My groundstrokes, especially my forehand, feel a lot more solid and I can slice my backhand so well that it stays so low my opponents keep on stopping play to see if the ball is dead (and its not). Volleys are really impressive too because it feels like you can place the ball on a dime. the only thing is that if you usually play with a larger headsize it takes a little time to adjust to the 90 sq. in. on the volleys (on everything else I found it fine and I used a racquet with a 100 sq in previously). I also recommend getting luxilon big banger strings in a full set or a hybrid whatever suits you, and string them at around 55 pounds. GET THIS RACQUET IF YOU HAVE THE SWING TYPE THAT I MENTIONED BEFORE.
From: Dylan, New York
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger rough 55lbs
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: This Racquet was given to me as a birthday gift. I'm just a so-so player and I don't play that often. My previous racquet before this was the Babolat Pure Drive GT. They say the Wilson BLX six.one. tour is for 4.5 or 5.0+ players. Not completely true. A player with lower NTRP can utilize it's potential. Like me I would always like to hit the ball hard with my Babolat most of the time I try to go for winning shots they would always go out of the line. But my god! When I started using the BLX six.one. most or my attempts for winners went inside, found it easier to play along the net, Serve got more accurate and I can put a little more power and pop to it. So overall I am very happy with this Racquet. For me as long as you and racquet can suit your needs stick with it. I am 2.5 to 3.0 player and my game became better thanks to the BLX six.one tour.
From: Steven, 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson 558lb.
Headsize:90 square inches
NTRP Rating: 2.5 - 3.0

Comments: WOW! I demoed this along with the Babolat Pure Storm, Prince EXO3 Rebel 95, and the Head YOUTEK Prestige Mid. None stood out except for the Head Prestige, and I think I have decided on this bad boy. This thing is a beast at net, giving me perfect stability and perfect control to put away any volley. Forehands go anywhere I want them to, backhands with even more cross court when I need it. DEFINITELY buying this.
From: Bryce, Ohio, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Fulten - Tension (?)
NTRP Rating: 4.5 USTA and High School player

Comments: This racquet is the best racquet out there. Serving is amazing, volleys are crisp and the best thing is the groundstrokes. I've been hitting massive groundstrokes, which land 1ft-2ft in. The slice bounces up to my opponents knees only and then skids. If you are a big hitter but lacked control and precision before then this is the racquet for you. Serves are as precise as any other racquet and don't be put off from demoing the racquet because of the weight or head size.
String type and tension: Wilson nxt 56

Comments: This racquet isn't really as good as people say it is. I use the K factor ksix-one tour 90 and it has a much better feel and shots are more accurate and better placed. I used the BLX tour and I wouldn't switch to it, but I guess it's just my choice. I hit with a one handed backhand and it just doesn't feel the same using the BLX tour. The one thing is that it is more arm friendly than the K Factor Tour 90.
From: Carlos, Providence, RI, United States. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough 55 lbs

Comments: This is the perfect weapon. What a great arm friendly racquet when you're playing against heavy hard hitters. The plow through with this is amazing, volleys are crisp, and at net this is awesome! Backhands are explosive, and forehands a solid charm with this bad boy. For once a racquet that truly does what's marketed for. The BLX technology is the real deal. Though I do advise, if your going to play with this weapon, please be an advanced player to take full advantage of its great benefits.
From: Anthony, Birmingham, MI, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: 58lbs.

Comments: Since previous reviewers already described how this racquet felt in general, I'm going to do a comparison between BLX 90, K90, N90, and Pro Staff 85. I had serious elbow problem using K90, even though it was my favourite forehand and serving racquet ever(not as good at volleys and 1 handed backhand). BLX like it advertised, absorbed quite a bit more shock, and my elbow feels a lot better after switching from K90. BLX felt a lot more flexible at its frame compared to K90, allowing noticeably more torsional flex, thus bigger sweet spot especially noticeable during volleys and backhand shots. But its handle and body still feel stiff like K90, thus it still provides more feel compared to totally flexible N90. As for serving, the difference between the size of the sweet spot between K90 and BLX90 is immediately noticeable. When you miss the centre with K90, the racquet lets you know right away that the serve failed. When the same thing happens with BLX90, the racquet flexes and add power to the otherwise net serve. So it's more forgiving serving with BLX90, but K90 provides a tiny bit more power to a well struck serve. When compared to PS85, BLX is better at doing high loopy shots, while PS85 is fantastic at doing flatter shots. But BLX90 has bigger sweet spot than PS85 for sure. Both are great racquets, really depends on personal taste. I would definitely recommend switching to BLX 90 if you ever had elbow problem using K90. It solved my elbow problem and it's better for 1 handed backhand, volleys compared to K90 because the bigger sweetspot compensate for off centre shots. I don't personally believed in this new BLX technology, but I think Wilson just modified the flex of the frame to achieve this new fantastic racquet compared to K90. I personally think that this is the best 6.1 tour yet as it combines the best aspects of N90 and K90. A great buy if you are looking for 6.1 tour.
String type and tension: Gut main, Luxilon Adrenaline cross

Comments: Until I put my own strings in this frame I did not think it was worth it to switch from the k90. Now I absolutely love it. I strung it with Signum Pro Poly Plasma main at 47 and Forten synthetic cross at 50 with a Forten worm dampener and this thing is like butter! With my K90s, I used a router to carve channels on the flat surfaces of the grip and then filled them with silicone and used a silicone grip and 2 rubber bands to deaden the shock. It worked extremely well to kill vibrations. This stick is as dead as my k90s without modifying it. I've never had problems with my elbow or shoulder, I just like a completely dead feel. Technically speaking, it has most of the exact same playing characteristics as the k90, except that it seems to move a little quicker through the strike zone giving me just a touch more spin. For me, this is definitely an upgrade.

Comments: I agree with much of the feedback on this page. The BLX90 does have evident heft and arresting graphics, and requires good technique and preparation for wielding the added heft, for improving the backhand drive and slice, for getting the added pop or kick on serve, etc. But, really, the best things about this frame are subtle -- its ability to help one relax when countering big heavy shots or topspin, its consistent feel from one type of shot to the next, its smooth feel.
From: Kimbal, Acton, MA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro and/or Hollowcore @ 54-56
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: This racquet makes every string feel closer to natural gut. It absorbs some of the shock and makes sure you don't take the hit. When you hit centered on the racquet, there's no major difference in feel from the K90 or KPS88. When you hit off-centered, the BLX helps you out by removing the shock to your arms. With the BLX, you can use a cheap synthetic gut and have it feel like a more expensive string, like the Sensation NXT. The people who complain about the lack of "crisp" feel like the K90 have largely been using cheap strings.
From: Tom, SF, CA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado

Comments: The control isn't as good as I'd hoped, especially because I switched from a racquet with near-perfect control, however the power level and spin is very good, and you can still manage to place the ball well. Volleys are good, and the serve is decent, but slightly hard to manage.
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU big banger main, gut cross

Comments: I don't know- there is just something about this stick that does not feel like K Factor 90, is it the BLX that makes it mute? Because I liked the K Factor with its crisp feel and I can't feel it on groundstrokes! Volleys and serves are better.
From: M.Darius, Bethesda, MD, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 57/ Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 60

Comments: This is the second user comment from me, the first was on K Prostaff 88 exactly a year ago. Again this time I started with the BLX US 339g version borrowed from my same pal a couple of months ago. The feeling was electrifying as the stick just gave me so much confidence at the net that I think I played the sharpest angled, reflex volley of my life. That really stroke me as I said in my last comment on the K88, I was very happy with it and thought I would stay with it for the foreseeable future. There comes this new BLX out of the blue which knocked me off from my original plan. Well, my feet are down to Earth again. When I tried out my own BLX a couple of weeks ago, the feeling was good, but a bit short of exciting, perhaps due to my over-expectation. Like many of the fellow play-testers in this website, the feedback on this latest prostaff tour stick is mixed. Overall it is positive though. I slightly adjust my strings this time round by replacing my usual Alu Power Fluoro (17g) by Alu Power (16g) and use Klip natural gut (16g) instead of my usual Babolat Tonic plus (16g). The overall performance is very comfortable but a touch less than striking. I also adjust the tension up a bit to 53lb (mains) and 55lb (crosses).
From: C, 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power mains (53lb), Klip natural gut crosses (55lb)

Comments: The new BLX is a nice setup. I compared a prostaff 85 with 90 head, and I tested them compared with my K90 using the same string and tension. The performance is exactly the same from the K90, no improvement on serve. The only benefit found is the feel on the racquet is amazing. It is more dampened, and even though the BLX and the K90 weigh the same the BLX feels lighter than the K90. I think both racquet are exactly the same but if you want something with better feel try the BLX.

Comments: I am 42, and played practically all of my life with this racquet. The new version does feel friendlier on the arm, no doubt. After years of some manufacturers falsely claiming their racquets improved tennis elbow and arm fatigue, this one finally does. I was not going to buy it, as I have plenty of the old ones, but after playing with it a few times, I noticed the difference, so I made the switch.
From: Fernando, Dallas. 4/10