Comments: If you are an aggressive player with a one-handed BH this is the best racquet with power, control, stability and good mobility.
String type and tension: Luxilon Power Rough, 60lbs

Comments: I played just two hours, I'm not a very good player but one word: stable weapon.
From: Zoooz

Comments: I love this racquet, a great mix of maneuverability and stability. GREAT CONTROL with fine access to spin.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 62lbs, ALU Big Banger Rough 16, 60lbs

Comments: I have 2 comments. I didn't find this racquet low powered at all. I found the ball to be flying on me a little bit. Second, I found it a little hard to maneuver. Other than that, the stability and control are very good and it's a very arm friendly racquet. I think with time after I get used to it, it's definitely going to play better.
From: Anoos, 12/11
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut, 55 lbs

Comments:
Pros:
* Excellent control in most of the game - ground strokes, volleys, and serves can all be hit hard without giving up accuracy if you can provide the arm strength
* Great at the net, maneuvers well and punches the ball nicely
* For me, just the right level of feedback - I like a muted, solid feel

Cons:
* Heavy - my arm wears out faster than it normally would playing with this
* Feel on drop shots is lacking, I am constantly hitting balls long or into the net; This will probably pass with time and practice, but a few sessions in, it's still a problem.
Bottom line: If you can handle the extra weight and don't mind a relatively muted feel, this is a great option.

Comments: I had my doubts after spending many hundreds of dollars on various frames (Wilson, Head, Yonex, and others) and strings (hybrids, customized hybrids, polys, gut) which ended up feeling harsh after a 2 or 3 uses - great during demo, awful once I purchased after 2-3 sessions. Long story short, this frame arrived a little over a week ago, and I have now played with it 4 times (10+ hours) with the same hybrid string setup; each time, my confidence and comfort when I "hit out" (and HARD) improves - and the balls go where I want it to go...inside/on the lines to boot! What took me so long to try this frame out?! I'll probably be ordering another frame as soon as the current strings wear out. In summary: WOW!!
From: Paul. 8/11
String type and tension: Wilson Hyperlast Spin 19@ 53lbs /NXT Max @ 56lbs
NTRP Rating: (last rated in mid '90s @) 4.5

Comments: Great racquet, I used to use the Head Youtek Prestige Mid, which was an excellent racquet, but I was mis hitting more often than I would have liked. I tried this head size and found way less mis hits and just all around better strokes. The only negative thing I can say about this racquet, which is actually true for all racquets, is that the serve isn't as great as it was with the Youtek Prestige Mid. Mind you that any smaller racquet head will help your serve, so right now I'm still trying to find my serve again with this racquet. In a few weeks, I'll be glad to say that this racquet is phenomenal, great investment for someone looking to step up their strokes.
From: Rohit, 8/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 (17)

Comments: I had been using the Wilson K Factor 6.1 16x18, I had two and loved them a lot. But after one whiffed overhead, I smashed one of the racquets but none the less I needed two racquets so I decided on a whim to give the 18x20 pattern a chance and man was I not disappointed!! I had originally had Luxilon ALU Rough at 56 lbs in the mains and Babolat Pro Hurricane at 58 lbs in the crosses, it was pretty nice but then I dropped them down to 50 and 52. It is so soft on the arm and I get so much spin and control on serves, and I can go big on my second serves and hit aces, forehands and backhands have good depth and great spin. Overall, I'm never going to switch back to the 16x18.
From: Adam, 8/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline in mains at 50 lbs, Babolat Pro Hurricane in the crosses 52 lbs

Comments: I've been a long-time user of the Wilson PS Classic 6.1. I had years of playing enjoyment with the racquet. Like someone who has been living in a cave for the past 15 years, I had little experience playing with the many incarnations since the Wilson's original 6.1; It seemed like a good fit for all these year, however, I assumed new materials and technology have made racquets much more stable since the original 6.1's inception. Taking a gamble,I purchase these racquets before demoing. After spending the most money I've ever paid for racquets, I became concerned over my big investment. My insecurity over my racquets lingered not only off the court but carried over on to the tennis courts. Preoccupation with the new racquets resulted in too much muscle tension, thus causing my game to suffer. It seemed, in the semi-catatonic/spastic state I was in, Wilson's offering of the 6.1 in an 18/20 string pattern seemed very uncomfortable - like wielding around a cave man's wooden club. The string pattern - strung with Gamma Asterisk - made the racquet coupled with Wilson's BLX technology made the racquet seem dead to me, but once I started to cuttin' loose, letting my inhibitions go, the BLX 6.1's unique feel began to impress at net. Unlike the 16/18 string pattern, the denser pattern allowed me to make low skidding volleys with ease. Initially, in my uptight, unrelaxed, state, I had a lot of control on my serve, but was unable to let 'em rip. The feeling of the racquet seemed to come between me and the power I crave but with time that soon changed. Presently, I'm beginning to feel comfortable off the ground. Wilson's BLX takes time to adapt. Over time these racquets will become the best I've ever owned.

Comments: This is a great racquet! I used to use a K Blade 98, but then I switched and the 6.1 95 and it's so much better. It has better feel and control, but not as crisp. Overall, awesome racquet!
From:
String type and tension: mains: Babolat vs touch 58lbs Crosses: Luxilon BB ALU Power Rough @ 58lbs

Comments: I've used my old ProStaff 6.1 16x18 for 14 years and loved it. Thought I would go for an upgraded of the same in the BLX, but try out the 18x20 version. I would say at the same string tensions, these racquets are completely polarized in how they feel. I found the BLX95 18x20 to be stiff, unresponsive and heavy. But what everyone has to understand here is with more string and a tighter string pattern, you don't get the same pop and but gets you more control. I usually use 59lbs equivalent, but as an experiment I had it strung at 56lbs. I wont go back. Its softer on the arm, it gives me a lot of control, enough spin (less than the 16x18, but still pretty good) and Plenty of plow through. Backhands, forehands, volleying, serves I get more control, more power, better accuracy. If you must go high tensions, don't use a dampener (though it will still make that pinging noise if you don't) as it will feel like you're playing with a fence post.
From: Matt. 7/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough x Head PPS 16G @ 54 & 57lbs

Comments: Hi TW, which racquet is better between this and the dunlop biomimetic 200 for an aggressive baseline player? Which has better pop and feel and control? Please answer :) thanks
From: Troy. 6/11
(Troy, please direct questions to info@tennis-warehouse.com. -- TW Staff)

Comments: I bought this racquet a month ago and WOW! This racquet is excellent all around. My service has improved with more pace so I hit more aces than ever. This frame, after the Rebel 95, has the best power/control ratio than any racquet I've ever tried. At the net, no matter how big your opponents hits this racquet responds easily and has incredible stability! From the baseline, oh my god! My balls are so heavy (332 grs unstrung) and all my opponents below 4.5 can't return my balls but don't forget this weapon is better for topspin shots. Flat shots are a bit more difficult to keep on the court, but on the whole I can place the ball where I want, and my opponents run like a windshield wiper. My one-handed backhand is better than ever. The cons is the second slice serve is not really good (control). If you like to going to the net, this one is for you. Don't be afraid of the stiffness ratio 67 because this racquet plays soft around 62 (no doubt arm friendly). Overall, 3 kinds of people must demo this one 1- strong people with a very good technique 2- serve and volley players 3-if you are a baseliner, you'll be in paradise. Congratulations to Wilson for this masterpiece! Enjoy it!
From: Stef. 5/11
String type and tension: Head natural gut @ 56lbs and Luxilon Timo 1.22 at 54lbs

Comments: What a great stick!!! As an avid high school player I needed to move to a more advanced stick and this had my name written all over it. The 18x20 string pattern allows more feel and the design of the racquet is superb in almost all aspects. I've been playing with it for about a year now and no problems whatsoever. I strongly suggest this racquet to players of all ages and types!!!
From: Calvin. 5/11
NTRP Rating: 5.

Comments: I've been using a Pro Open BLX with the 16x19 pattern. I thought I'd try this to see if I liked the tighter string pattern. I tried both with my fav string Gamma Zo Twist. For me, spin seemed diminished with this racquet. I liked the smaller head size and it seemed to have more control, both with pace and direction. I'll try the 16x18 as I like to use a lot of spin.
From: Cruz. 5/11
String type and tension: Zo Twist just over minimum suggested tension

Comments: This is an awesome racquet. Wilson just got a fan back. Why didn't I try it before? It's solid and easy to use (swingweight, etc). Power and precision in a very maneuverable racquet. I have used the k6.1 95 two years ago, but I didn't get the groove to serve well with that stick. This one is much better. Wilson has improved the feel and the specification. Oh yeah, no dampener needed. I'm a dampener user, but this racquet feels very muted and dead with a dampener.
From: Juliano. 5/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 1.15 @ 58 lbs

Comments: This is an awesome racquet. Wilson just got a fan back. Why I didn't try it before? Solid and easy to use (swingweight, etc). Power and precision in a very maneuverable racquet. I used the K6.1 95 two years ago, but I didn't get the groove to serve well with that stick. This one is much better. Wilson improved the feel and the specification. Ohh yeah.. no dampener need, I'm a dampener user, but this racquet feels very muted and dead with a dampener, anyway you'll not need a dampener because the racquet is good to the arm.
From: Juliano. 5/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 1.15 @ 58lbs

Comments: This is absolutely the best racquet I have ever hit with! The stick swings like butter in the air and is pinpoint accurate. It is extremely solid and when you need to put the ball away, this racquet will not limit your abilities. The stick is good on all areas of the court and each shot is easily controllable with tons of spin. The feel takes very little time to get used to and it feels great! Superb stick!
From: Danny, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Max 16g 55lbs

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for a week now and I'm loving it. Chris nailed it in the TW review, it's very confidence inspiring in every shot volley, serve awesome groundstrokes. There's amazing connection with the ball, which helps with shot feedback and that leads you to play better with this stick. It feels perfect in weight and balance and it's rock solid. I've been playing with Dunlop 300 Tour 4D and lately with Volkl Powerbridge 10 mid and while these are great racquets they just don't offer such a sublime blend of attributes as the Wilson BLX 6.1
From: Carlos, 01/11

Comments: Great racquet. Definitely feel the BLX helped this racquet. Hit with the K95 and liked this much better. K factor was a board, this BLX version does have more feel. It also feels and swings lighter than K factor (less stiff feeling as well) while still retaining the stability the 6.1 line is known for. I hit this one side by side with my wife's 16 X 18 version. Hers is strung with Babolat VS and Pro Hurricane so there was a plushness when hitting with hers that this racquet with its demo strings (couldn't tell what they were) could not match. However, with the open version, the ball would fly from time to time. Can still hit big with this closed version, but more control. Very solid at net, but still has good feel. May be by next racquet.
From: Chuck, Scottsdale, AZ, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: unknown (demo)
NTRP Rating: 4.5+/-

Comments: Own 2 of these sticks. It took me about a month to get used to these and oh my goodness! My shots felt so crisp and clean; my old K factor racquet was very good too. This new BLX technology put into this racquet has made it all the more better. My serves have been SOOOO consistent and I rely on it now to hold serve against any opponent I face. Groundstrokes are right where they should be. Threatening and deep. Volleys can't complain about, hard flat and deep too. This stick is really the definition of versatile and just all out amazing. But compared to the Six. One Tour Blx, not as much power. But it's still great.

Comments: Coach has this; he doesn't like it all that much. I'm a sucker for the Prostaff 6.1 and n95...didn't like the k95. This BLX is much better than the K for me. Lovely plow through on shots. Great stability. Pretty good power. Very demanding stick and it DOES tire you out after two+ hours of solid play. It is however very dampened. It makes you relaxed, but you lose some connection with the ball.

Comments:Didn't like it at all!! Too dampened for its own good. Also couldn't get spin with this but could with the storm ltd..... Flat hitters should try the storm ltd. Much better racquet.

Comments: I tested this stick but my current racquet the k six one 95 18/20 feels better I think at net there's no better stick than the k 18/20 and so I did not change to this stick I also tested the prestige mid and the tour blx of the tested racquets the blx 18/20 was the best but the k-version offers more control at net and at the groundstrokes for serving the blx was better
From: Tobi, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power Rough 58 lbs

Comments: I switched from a The Dunlop 500 tour to the Wilson BLX 18x20 I have much better control now! It took a little time to get use to the 95 head from the 100 DL 500 I was hitting the frame, but once you get use to the feel It is awesome!! It is very stable on all shots you can really feel when you hit the ball right! After 3hrs of playing though the stick gets a little heavy!! My serve became a little slower because I don't get the whip speed with this Racquet. Excellent Racquet!!
From: Matt, NJ, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Hybrid/gut/synthetic gut @ 58/59lbs

Comments: I switched to this racquet from BLX 6.1 16X18 as my game improved. I appreciate a better feel and control, and still can get enough spin and power with the right string and lower tension. The advice would be to get at least two racquets at the same time and ask to match them in weight and swing weight, as for some reason this racquet can have differences in weight up to +/- 0.2oz and balance point up to +/- 0.5 centimeters.

Comments: This racquet hits through the ball like no other; extremely stable and comfortable at the same time. Excellent on serves and overheads, though spin serves are a little harder with the closed string pattern. However, it is a very smooth ride on block shots like volleys and returns and provides great tough on groundstrokes. After searching endlessly for a replacement for the Flexpoint Radical MP, I have found it!
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core Pro 17 58 lbs

Comments: Got the new BLX last week, been playing the K Fac k.six.one 18x20, so not the biggest difference. The swing feels slightly better, the feel is lovable and it seems the basalt in the racquet truly absorbs some of the vibration, it feel better on my arm. Loving this racquet, the stringbed is amazing. The one thing I didn't like was the grip, the hybrid of leather and polyurethane. It was really hard on my hands, and when it got a little wet, the racquet became very slippery in my hand, resulting in too many balls straight in the net. My advice: if you live in a humid place, or get some �hand sweat� during play, change the grip into the hybrid of cotton and polyurethane! This was like glue to my hands, and I could really get max power out of my forehand without having to struggle to keep the racquet in place. Also the paint job is awesome.
From: Karl, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS 56/Bab Hurricane 54

Comments: I started with Prostaff 85 graphite and then moved to K Factor Tour 90 for more power. And then moved onto BLX 95 16x18 pattern. There was good amount of power and spin on this string pattern and it did not have similar characteristic as my old K90 stick. It seems like there is too much pop and less feel to the racquet. So I tried 18x20 string pattern and realize that it has more control and more feel to the racquet similar to K90. If a person is looking for K90 style but needs more forgiving racquet then this is it! I truly love this stick. Only down side is it does not look pretty as K90 stick but you get over it since your game will likely to go up a notch or two.
From: Suzuki, San Francisco, CA, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: 55lbs

Comments: I am a true believer in Wilson Six-One-Tour K-Factor and I had no complaints until I got a BLX95 instead of a BLX-Tour as a present mistakenly. Did not like it, but after awhile the racquet began to show it's heritage. Huge amounts of spin compared to the Tour and much nicer feel at the net. Because of the lighter head I cannot get the same thump on the serve but I get more spin on the serve so it has added variety. As much as I like it - my opponents hate it - and that's what I want.
From: Chris B., USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu BB & Head FXP @58lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0-All Court

Comments: I formally played with the Head Prestige (93 Square Inch) and I've always had a lot of trouble accessing spin with that particular racquet. As much as I loved the Prestige, I gave this new Wilson a try and I never looked back. The extra 2 square inches in the head provide a lot more spin than I expected. The 18X20 string pattern still offers me the same control as the Prestige. Being a person that has always used smaller racquet heads because I find the 98s to be sluggish no matter what brand I've used, the BLX 95 is a very maneuverable racquet.
From: Ryan, Coach and former college player, Ohio, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core 16 & Hyperlast 19 = 61 pounds

Comments: I switched from my AeroPro Drive Cortex Plus to this, and at first I didn't like it. I wasn't getting as much power as I used to with the AeroPro and I kept shanking the ball and everything was going wrong. I lost my first game in 7 weeks with that racquet. However, as soon as I changed my grip to be more easterly, and I changed my swing through, this racquet is soooo much better, and I'm playing better than I ever have! Serves are great, volleys are superb and everything about it is great! Couldn't be Happier!
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro red code 16

Comments: Amazing racquet. Just demoed it today. I'm currently using the K-Factor Tour 90, and I've had it for about 2 years now. Once I picked up the BLX Six.One 95 (18x20) I fell in love. It's more forgiving than the Tour 90, and I can still take big cut at the ball like I can with the Tour 90. I also felt that I can generate a little more spin than I could with my current racquet. Great stick overall. I might just have to actually give up some cash and get this racquet.
From: Jeremy, Milwaukee, WI. 5/10
String type and tension: Gamma Livewire XP 16g

Comments: I extensively demoed four racquets: The Head Youtek Prestige MP, Mid, BLX Six-One 18x20 and 16x8. The BLX 18x20 was the perfect racquet for my all court style of play. The feel was incredible and my shots were as lethal and accurate. I will be purchasing for the upcoming season.
From: Eric. 4/10
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 59lbs
NTRP Rating:5.5

Comments: I found it hard to access spin in this racquet. The closed pattern doesn't quite generate the same spin and power. I tried different tensions. I play with the K Factor Tour 90 I wanted a slightly more forgiving stick. I should have tried the 16x18. The cushion grip was also not to my liking I prefer the leather grip. I only wish they made a lighter slightly bigger Tour 90 racquet.
From: Raja, Newark, CA 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU power rough 57 lb

Comments: Never played Wilson before, but count me in with this new BLX! Not stiff feeling like previous versions. Super smooth on groundstrokes. Perfect weight and balance. Spin is surprising even with the 18x20 pattern. I hit a semi-flat ball and it seems perfect for me. Serving with it better than I ever have in my life. Can't say enough good things about it. Gave up my BBecker 11 MP for this and couldn't be happier. Only negative is QC. Bought 2 and one was 7 grams different from the other.
From: JackB1, Atlanta, GA USA 03/10
String type and tension: Maxim Touch 53 lbs

Comments: Improved feel and maneuverability compared to the previous version. Would be really great if Wilson would offer this racquet in 16X20 or 16X19 version, as existing offers are either to open - 16X18 or to closed - 18X20.
From: Dima, California 03/10

Comments: I demoed this racquet recently, and I have to agree with an earlier reviewer! Disappointed!! I play with the 16X18 K Factor version of this racquet and have also demoed the 18X20 K Factor, which I like very much. But I knew after simply holding the racquet in my hand, I wasn't going to like it. It's way too head light, and it's lighter than the K Factor. This resulted in less plow through, less racquet head speed, and I noticed it when trying to hit on both bh and fh wings. Even when setting up early, taking full cuts, the ball fell short all the time. I'll be sticking to my K Factor.
From: Bal, 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 55 lbs

Comments: Just as described, feel is butter and control is uncanny. I just switched from the K-Blade 98 (great racquet). This one will take you to the next level. Very stable at the baseline and much more so on volleys. Sweetspot is more generous than I thought it would be.
From: Bill, NorCal, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power Rough, 54 lbs.

Comments: I am currently demoing this racquet and I really like it. It is just as described; very solid. I felt a big improvement on my backhand return and groundstoke. I call this frame the return racquet! I am also very confident stepping in to the baseline when I am serving, it has all I need; power and control. It came with Wilson Hollow Core strings and they are good, good feel and spin but they are not very durable. I hope the strings will last until I return the racquet. But I am 90% sure that I will buy this frame and switch from the old prostaff I was using up until now since it really helps with my overall game.
From: Oumar, Provo, Utah 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: I've used the k6.1 95 for about two years now and thought the racquet was perfect. That was until I got the BLX6.1 95. Everything from groundstrokes to serve has improved greatly. I absolutely love the feel you get from this racquet. The best Wilson I have ever used and will not switch back to the old k6.1. If you create your own power, it's the best stick money can buy. You must demo this stick and see for yourself.
From: Jason, Opp, Al 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson kgut pro 58lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet just a few days ago and I couldn't be more pleased with its performance. It's great. It's not heavy at all. It doesn't even feel like in the 12's. It felt like honestly in the low to mid 11's. Great feel around the net good on serves and very good groundstrokes from the baseline with this one. You can take big rips at the ball without any loss of control or power. Great feel too. On slices I felt like I could really knife it with authority. Just a great stick for the advanced player. You have to be fit and strong to hit this over a course of 3 or 4hrs. I am a 5.0 level player and I'm used to heavy racquet. Great stick from Wilson.
From: anon. 02/10

Comments: I just got this today and I was hitting with it for 2 hours. I have high grade lessons and this racket preformed well. It had great spin, and is great on volleys and it has a nice feel. I like it better than the k6.1. The only negative is the power but since I was able to place it better it made up for the difference. My serves had better spin and so did my backhand and chips.
From: Justin 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson gut cross and rough power mains. at 60
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5

Comments:I have to agree with Wes. This stick is really rock solid from all areas of the court. When I first tried it with Wilson's crap ass demo string, I struggled to find a rhythm. Well, until we played our serving game. We take turns playing 20 points on serve. It allows the server to find consistency and the returner to hone in and make adjustments. It's a great drill. Anyway, I hit five aces out of the 20 and only five balls came back into play. I was placing the ball exactly where I wanted it to go. Incredible! So...I switched to some decent strings and tried the whole thing again. Great stick! The reality is that you must have good preparation and good technique coupled with good strength to wield this thing over 90 minutes. If you have the physical attributes, you will truly appreciate this stick.
From: Rick, CO, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 58lbs

Comments: I don't know what that guy Sam is talking about but I've used the K 6.1 95 before and compared to this thing it's not nearly as good! This racket, since it's a bit heavier than its predecessor and probably partially owing to the addition of the BLX this racket is rock solid, something that most definitely cannot be said about its K Factor counterpart. I've used the K90 for more than a year before this thing and I didn't think I would ever switch because I couldn't find any rackets with a similar feel, but when I tried this stick it had pretty much the same rock solid stability but it is a bit lighter and has a bigger head. The two reasons I was looking for a different stick were that I wanted a bit bigger headsize and a bit lighter weight, I found those things in this racket. It's AWESOME, excellent access to spin, great coexistence of power and control in one racket. My serve has never been better, my 2nd serve now is as good as my first serve was before I switched. Bottom line: definitely demo this racket, AWESOME stick!
From: Wes, New Braunfels, TX, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power Rough @ 60 lbs.

Comments: The racquet plays better without a dampener and is a great racquet. I will string it looser next time but although it seems light, you need to be strong to carry it. Slices well and has a generous sweetspot.
From: Imran, UK. 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour and Vs Gut crosses

Comments: So disappointed!!! I've been playing with the six one 95 for many years now and thought I would upgrade to the new BLX version. Big Mistake! I can't believe Wilson would even make this racquet the way they did, I'm dumb founded. I've been playing with Wilson racquets all my life 20 plus years. This racquet is terrible in all respects! Feels completely muted, which also makes it feel super heavy..no feeling at all, can't feel the ball. Doesn't even compare to the old version. The muted feel makes the racquet feel like a big wooden club. Stick to the previous version or you'll be sorry!
From: Sam, IL, USA. 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 58

Comments: The first time I used this racquet it felt like the same as the K-factor version, but as the points went on it started feeling different in a better way, but a very small difference. This racquet is the same thing as the previous version except for the paint job and the price:)
From: John, New York, New York 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 55lbs

Comments: MUCH better then the k factor six.one. The BLX has great control and it is really easy to produce spin grate and stable racket but you have to be a strong player to handle its weight; great stick 9/10 from me former atp 1512
From: Martin, 01/10