Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion Grey/Orange Women's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: I love these shoes! I have a high arch and after reading the TW reviews I thought these shoes were worth a try so I ordered a size up as well. When they first arrived I wore them around the house for an hour after playing tennis so my feet were how they would be during a match. These are the best tennis shoes I have had in years. I had to give up the Asics as I burned through those shoes in under a month and ended up with incredible foot pain the second time I wore them because it felt like I was playing barefoot on the hard court. I pulled out the insole after one month of the Asics and had three spots where I had already worn through. They may be light but as I have "wheels" I need something that is going to protect my precious feet. I tried the adidas SM Barricade 2015 and like (not loved them) but they didn't offer the arch support I need and I had to tie them tightly to have any foot support such that it was necessary to buy replacement shoe laces 12 inches shorter as they were way too long. No I don't have a foot so narrow that I buy any of my shoes in a narrow length. I am going to order a second pair this week.
From: Laura, 9/16

Comments: I can understand why this tennis shoe has been named one of the most stable on the market today. I have been wearing only the Asics Gel Resolution shoes, but I have lost some stability with the Gel Res. 6 -- my heels are not locked in and I have been turning my ankle on my dominant foot. Not so with this Yonex shoe -- my heels are locked in and I feel more stable on the court. I ordered a 1/2 size larger as recommended and thought I would be rerurning the shoes because they still felt way too narrow, but the tightness eased after playing twice. This shoe would definitely not work with a wide foot even if you size up (I wear regular i.e. medium width). The cushioning is fantastic and the shoe has great traction for my agressive court coverage and running style of play. The Yonex feels a little higher than I am used to with the Asics, but I have not found that to be an issue. The tongue actually stays in place -- no side slide as with the Asics. The color is somewhat muted, but the orange does pop. I hope Yonex comes out with more color options for the women's Power Cushion Eclipsion. All in all, a good shoe that has converted me from the Asics Gel Resolution line. And the shipping was quick as always with TW.
From: TP, 8/16