Yonex VCORE Tour G 310 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I am a 4.0 aggressive baseline player and I mostly disagree with the TW reviewers. The sweet spot isn't small, due to the head shape, the sweet spot is still big but it's higher up on the frame. It isn't that low powered either, I would rate it around 76, certainly not the 69 that was stated. I do however, agree that it isn't as maneuverable as other sticks in the same weight class, it feels like it swings 5 more and weights 5g heavier. Overall, it's a player's stick more suited to those who hit through the ball than spin hitters. It rewards full swings and you need to bring your own power but it's still more stable, powerful and less demanding than many other player's sticks like the Head Prestige Mp or a Blade 93 and is very comfortable to boot. It's the first Yonex I've used that has a sweet spot that feels like a regular racquet yet is still very forgiving. I'm seriously considering switching over to the VCoreG 310.
From: Dylan, 9/14

Comments: I just wanted to add one last thing to my previous comments. I took my Vcore 97 Tour G (310) for one more spin with a slightly more cushioned grip (Syntec Feel along with a super grap overgrip) and I absolutely loved it again. It was much more maneuverable for me. Maybe I have also gotten more used to the weight distribution, but I know this will be my racquet for a long time since it's probably the best stick I've ever used that meets my needs. Keep going for your shots! Love TW!
From: Johnny, 8/14

Comments: Update to my comments from 7/14. I really love the feel of this racquet. I'm used to stiffer racquets, but I like the pretty direct connection with the ball and increased feel of this racquet, given the slightly added flex. The flex creates a little more dwell time that increases spin on my groundstrokes and kick serve. There's just one thing that slightly bugs me about this stick. It plays a little heavier than it's specs. As the TW review suggests, it can get a little cumbersome as you get deeper into points and matches, but that is pretty relative to the player. If you think the 330 is too heavy, I bet you'll love the 310. My search will continue, but Yonex makes amazing sticks.
From: Johnny, 8/14

Comments: This is a great racquet, very underrated. Try one grip size down than usual because this Yonex grip seems to run big even with the thin replacement grip that it comes with. Cheers!
From: Johnny, 7/14

Comments: My first setup was Babolat vs Team natural gut 1.25 in the mains (55 lbs) and Luxilon ALU Power Rough 1.25 in the crosses (52 lbs). The first impression of this racquet was a lot of control in my shots that I never feel before and loved it But there was not so much power for my gameplay and the racquet became unstable some times when I hit the ball not right in the sweetspot zone. same on my serves where i often hit the ball a Little bit more to the endside of the racket it became unstable some times. The fact is the biggest thing I missed was a lot of power. I lowered the tension to 52/48 lbs (same string hybrid setup i used before). Power was much better and it feels very nice. It could be a little more powerful but before I lower the tension more I decided to put some weight in the head on 2-10 clock position (6g on both sides) to become more powerful in my swings and to set the sweetspot a little bit higher for my serves and to make it more stable when I hit the ball a little bit outside the sweetspot. The result is now a very nice racquet for my game with the power I need and I'm still very much in control. I love it.
From: Sebastian, 7/14

Comments: I did find it cumbersome, but changing the grip to a leather grip was the solution, it added 12 grams to the weight and the maneuverability was totally improved. No lack of power. I strung it at 52/48 lbs with Signum Pro Pure Plasma 1.30 and the strings do not move. I will buy a second one.
From: Alberto, 6/14

Comments: Very comfortable, tons of control, and terrific on serves. I have been playing with it for two months and haven't found any areas I dislike. I have my sticks strung with Isospeed Control Classic at 58-56 lbs and do not find them underpowered at all. Really surprised with the review from TW; however, Karly's review is spot on in my opinion.
From: Oscar, 5/14

Comments: I demoed this racquet after falling in love with Yonex Vcore tour 97 310g. I was utterly disappointed that this Gravity version came nothing close to that racquet. It had no power. Granted that it was strung with a dead feeling poly at 55 lbs, but a similar setup produced plenty of power in the previous version. I come from a Pro Staff 6.0 95 and don't need much free power but this felt like a board and got pushed around. Maybe some lead tape and low tension would help but its still too far into the extreme end.
From: Parth, 5/14

Comments: I started out slightly disliking this racquet with Gosen Micro 17 strung at 53 lbs and 3g lead tape at 10- 2. There was an absolute lack of power. The balls were not effectively going past the service as much as I wanted it to. I took off the lead tape and stepped on the strings a couple times to lower the tension. After leaving the racquet alone for a few days, the strings settled in and the tension was probably in the mid to lower 40s and felt like a miniature rocket launcher that was surprisingly controllable. The feel was no longer like a brick wall but rather a more buttery solid feel. I have a two-handed forehand and the depth and control are exceptionally solid, although the power might be a bit high for my one handed backhand. It seems this racquet is simply very picky on strings and/or string tension, so don't throw it out if it feels like a brick wall. Instead, lower the tension a bit and see how it plays out.
From: Derek, 4/14

Comments: Very maneuverable, very flexible racquet. Lots of feel and potential for spin. Felt like it was an extension of my arm. It just felt little underpowered. Also, felt a little unstable while changing direction of incoming heavy ball. I'm a 5.0 and strung it with Babolat RPM Blast.
From: Ricks, 4/14

Comments: This is a fast swinging racquet! Crisp yet dampened feel, very responsive and large sweet spot. A fantastic racquet for intermediate to advanced players.
From: Mikhail, 3/14

Comments: Demoed the regular 97 (310) version but thought it was worth waiting for the new G option. It's a super comfortable racquet, more flex in the throat than the regular, still plenty of feedback for non-centre hits without a total loss of power but good feedback. Lovely ball pocketing and dwell makes this more spin friendly than the regular one in my opinion.
From: Stuart, 3/14