Yonex VCORE Tour G 330 (Wawrinka) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Downside: That is a lot to swing, if you have single handed backhand, you will find it really hard to hit the ball at the right contact point. Kick serve lands a bit long till you find the rhythm. Upsides: flat serves are rockets, slice serves curve out big time. Forehands can be hit flat or with monster top spin. Backhand slices can stay low. Conclusion: a solid racquet for you if you are a good mover and can take the ball in front of you body with full swing.
From: Ali, 10/14

Comments: Update to my first posting from early September, as I have now acclimated myself to the racquet's characteristics and my favorable opinion is strengthened. Keeping my body relaxed and my mind alert the racquet does an amazing job. The characteristics of this racquet to me are stability and consistency. Flat strokes are easily executed, spin production is good but not as high as a Prince tour 16x18 that I played with yet this racquet will deliver a decisive blow easier and more consistently. With the ability to change from topspin to flat balls, both delivered in the heavy atmosphere, you can keep your opponent guessing which is an excellent psychological strategy. Serves are now much more powerful, again keeping your body relaxed is the key. Volley's are solid and I now take no notice of the racquets weight. I tried to play with gut but have found that a dead poly works the best. I string with Volkl Cyclone 17 at 50. I'm a middle-of-the-road 4.5 player. This is an awesome racquet!
From: Tyko, 9/14

Comments: I have hit with many frames in the past, but I think this one takes the cake. Great access to both power and spin, and my kick serve is a monster now. To be fair, however, it is a slightly bulkier racquet, and if you are unable to maneuver it, you will get demolished by an offensive player. Once the racquet gets moving, though, expect a solid and spin-laden shot.
From: Sam, 9/14

Comments: Very nice, well made racquet that seems to handle everything quite well from groundstrokes to scooping balls with a flick of the wrist serving and volley are effortless with a beautiful stable response and feel no twisting outside the sweet spot which is very large. A nice, comfortable, stable, beautiful feel for a racquet in a similar manner as gut is for strings. Please don't expect that this is an easy racquet to use, but work has its rewards and this racquet can give you many.
From: Gustave, 9/14

Comments: Just got done hitting with this frame for the first time. I have been playing with Prince Rebel 2009 frame which is similar in weight and balance. I didn't find this frame "clubby" and was able to maneuver this racquet adequately. Yes it is a heavy frame which will have its pros and cons and you pay a price for being sloppy in swing execution. As with any racquet keep your eye on the ball and follow through -- it is slightly tougher to execute your strokes with a heavier racquet. The reward is a heavy ball. I really enjoyed the feel of this racquet and I truly felt all shots could be executed with this and executed well. Scooping the ball was surprisingly easy and could be redirected back with ease. Early preparation with a relaxed swing is amazingly effective yet I find it difficult to remember. I always catch myself tightening up. C'est la vie -- perhaps in a few years I will remember there is an easier way. I am a middle of the road 4.5 player. Racquet was strung with Volkl Cyclone at 50 lbs.
From: Tyko, 9/14

Comments: This racquet is a beast. tons of feel with that plow through sensation. It swings easy for its weight so don't let the video review fool you. I feel it's easier to swing than the 6.1 95. This racquet can stand up to heavy balls with ease and you will always feel connected to the shot you are hitting. For the serious player, this is a must try. Definitely happy I switched to this wonderful frame. I tried all the big names and this stick just feels like it's quality. Unlike a Babolat, which to me feels quite cheap.

Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for over a month now. Love a lot of things about it. Switched from Wilson PS 85, hard to surpass the legend in all departments, but this one is pretty close. I was getting a bit frustrated during matches while playing solid player with PS 85, it was hard for me to use "bailout" shots on the run with PS 85. But I love this racquet for those, to keep me in points. Love to use the slice with this one. Its not perfect but overall I like it a lot. I had to use it for sometime to get used it though. Still debating if I should get another one or not. PS 85 is still in my bag.
From: SD, 6/14

Comments: I have to say that this racquet is under-rated. It's not sluggish at all and at 5'10, 167lbs, 32 years old, I'm no hulk. The G330 is like if they crossed a Wilson PS 6.0 85 and Babolat Pure Drive together. It's buttery, whippy, and very solid on touch like the PS 6.0 85. It can generate spin and yet be maneuverable like the Pure Drive. I've tried the Yonex Ai98 and Ai100 -- to me both of these racquets lack solid-ness that the G330 delivers. The Ai98 hits more flat balls and the Ai100 had too much power, felt tinny, and to me, seemed to lack identity. It wants to try very hard to be an AeroPro Drive. If you are a person who can generate your own power than the G330 is full of this potential. On serves, the G330 hits flat bombs. It is easy to hit kick and slice serves. My serves improved with this racquet, tremendously. This is a racquet that makes you feel confident. Replacing the stock overgrip with a TW leather grip adds more to the feel, and it also brings down the swing weight if it's too head heavy for you. I have mine strung with Volkl Cylcone 17 at 55 lbs -- which to me is just right. You have to demo this stick -- it's really sadly under-rated.
From: Chuonfood, 6/14

Comments: My VCore Tour G 330 arrive today after a weekend of anticipation. It is strung with Babolat VS in the mains and hurricane in the crosses at 60 lbs. I replaced the grip to leather and a wilson pro overgrip. My initial reaction as compared to my current RDS 002 tour was that it looked and felt like a more solid racquet. The frame design and added cross string make the string bed look a bit tighter as well. Also, the matte finish and overall look seem more appealing. Unfortunately all of my teammates weren't around to hit so I had to take to the courts and see who was out there. I ended up hitting with a few older guys that were just blocking my shots back. I noticed that the racquet felt like it had much more mass than my RDS 002 Tour even though on a scale they both weigh 12.8oz with everything on them. The string bed felt really tight with little embedding and I really noticed the flex of the upper hoop. It felt far more stable on off center hits. Also, I was generating serious topspin without much effort. I expected to be hitting through the ball a bit more but it could be because the stringbed hasn't loosened up yet. On serves I felt that it will take some getting used to the flex as compared to the 002.It felt harder to generate racquet speed on the serves than what I'm used to. I noticed that the racquet is built to drive the slice shots. Slice forehands and backhands were effortless and had great depth and spin. My one handed backhand also felt comfortable with lots of topspin. Overall it will take an adjustment period to fully get the benefits from this frame. The topspin was the biggest surprise for me during the play test. I know that it has the mass to hit the ball flatter but I wasn't able to tune into the flatter shots yet. I am not one to switch around often and am only trying this frame because the 002 tour isn't in production anymore. I do feel that this is a frame that I can grow with as a tennis player without needing anything else. Also, I am open to suggestions for strings.
From: Trevor, 4/14

Comments: Knowing that Yonex's base grips are thin, I ordered a size down. I put a TW leather grip 1.3 mm and Yonex Super Grab grip on it. I strung it up with Gosen's AK Pro 17 CX at 55 lbs. Total: 352 grams. Coming from a Yonex VCore Tour 89 (VCT89) and before that a Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 Tour (200T), I didn't think the weight would be an issue. And it wasn't. The VCore Tour G 330 swings lighter than previous racquets mentioned. Based on day 1: upsides: controllable power, very good spin and slice, very stable, more manoeuvrable than expected, nice matt finish. Downsides: none, so far. When compared to the VCT89: more plow through, little more flex, much more topspin, less jarring on mishits/more comfortable.
From: Jevon, 4/14

Comments: I have been using a weighted up Pro Staff 90 and tried this VCORE and absolutely loved this racquet! I did add a little weight simply because it is what I'm used to but even without, this racquet is amazing! I hit a lot of spin but I've never hit spin like this before. It feels stable and secure without being dead. More power than my Pro Staff but not so much that it cannot be controlled. I never thought I would switch away from the 90 but I am making the switch for sure.
From: Connor, 4/14

Comments: Effortless transition from a Wilson 90 and Volk PB 93. It combines some of the best qualities of a 90/93/98 square inch frame into one racquet for me.
From: Piet, 4/14

Comments: Extremely easy to play aggressive with it. It feels lighter than 330 grams but is very stable from everywhere on the court especially net. Spin and depth are pretty easy and the feel is very comfortable (even the stiffest of polys will feel fine). Great racquet.
From: Jack, 3/14

Comments: Very soft racquet but rock solid at the net. Topspin and slice are effortless. A bit less power, but with the right tension and strings, you can perfect it. It is worth the switch for those who want to move on from their 90 and 95 square inch racquets.
From: Jaquan, 3/14

Comments: Just got off the court after trying a demo. I usually play with the VCore Tour 97 330g with a full bed of RPM Blast, Volkl Cyclone, or MSV Focus Hex, so I thought using a demo strung with Wilson NXT would require some adjustment. It did not. Right off the bat the racquet was very familiar in my hand. Like advertised, hits felt softer and more comfortable with the Tour G. This was emphasized also with the multifilament string job. The racquet also felt lighter, with less mass, and therefore the plow through sensation was less prominent. Nevertheless, the racquet still felt solid hitting against pace, and the increased flexibility made off center hits less jarring, and achieving depth and spin was easy. Backhand slices, like with the VCore Tour 97 were absolutely filthy with this stick. I felt I had to work a touch harder to achieve my usual pace on flat serves, but slice and kick serves seemed to have more bite. The VCore Tour G was also solid at the net. The headlight feel made it easy to move at the net, with enough mass to stick volleys with pace and depth. This racquet, is as advertised. If you love your VCore Tour 97 330g, it should be an easy, seamless transition to the VCore Tour G. I'm looking forward to playing with this with my usual string set up and proper grip size. I felt like the grip runs a full size big, so order one size down.
From: Jimmy, 3/14

Comments: Tested this at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian wells and I must say it is a very soft on the arm-racquet. It has tons of spin and power but with control. Very nice. The 97 square inch face is very forgiving, and backhand slices can kill!
From: Jaq, 3/14