Yonex Tour Super Solid 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: Feel and touch! A soft string feel with great control. Strange as it sounds, the thicker 16 gauge cushions the ball with unbelievable accuracy. I have tried many strings in my playing days but hope to have one I can stick with. You will love the color. I am a senior, 60 years old, have made nationals at 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 and truly believe this has the feel an older arm needs. I can hit spin when needed and slice with bite and oddly enough with control. I can produce drop shots with a cushioned touch. Soft is all I can say. Try it, but don't string too tight. Keep it a little on the lighter side of recommended tension. Nice that string pattern doesn't open up and stays uniform during play. A fun string that might be right for you. A few of my friends have tried it and love it, just don't string too tight -- go 3-5 lbs under your normal tension.
From: Steven, 10/15

Comments: Take this with a grain of salt, as I am a weak player, but this is my experience...I played mostly with Babolat Xcel and felt comfortable with it. When I ordered my Yonex racquet I got it strung wit Tecnifibre NRG2 (based on a friend's recommendation) and that felt good too. The string started to crack and I ordered the Yonex strings to give them a try. They feel a lot like the other two but sometimes when I try to put more spin I have the feeling that the strings slide. I've used them for several weeks and this keeps happening. I think the Yonex strings are too glossy. I don't think it affects my play but I don't like the feeling so I'm switching back to Xcel.

Comments: I've used this string for some time now. This is very similar to Xcel Power 16 or xcel. Like me, if you didn't like anything that is similar to Xcel, you have this one now. I've liked it better and am switching to this. Great job Yonex. This plays exactly like Xcel and lasts longer.
From: Obaid, 12/13

Comments: This string is closest to Balolat Xcel 16 or Xcel Power 16. I always use Xcel 16 or Xcel 16 Power. Today was my fist day with this Yonex string and liked it so much that I couldn't help but write a few lines. I've tried all similar strings to Xcel but nothing matched the comfort like this one. I would say this one is better than Xcel. Let's see how long it lasts and how it retains the tension. I play with a Yonex VCore 100, Wilson Blade 104, Head Youtek OS Radical and Head Graphene MP. I plan to try it on all my sticks and write another review.
From: Obaid, 12/13