Yonex Poly Tour Spin 1.25 16L Blue String Customer feedback

Comments: Had been stringing a hybrid with gut mains and poly crosses. Still a little too much power. After reading about stringing very low, I put a full bed of this in at 30 lbs. Took a set to get used to it, but now I have 3 sticks with the same set-up. Great spin potential, and can really pull the ball in on the serve. Did take a little more time to get a good feel with volleys.
From: Bob, 9/14

Comments: The Yonex Poly Tour Spin string is definitely the best string I have used in my entire life. I used to play with Luxilon ALU Power ice version, but once this string came out, I had to try it. I am an aggressive power player who likes to hit big balls, and the Poly Tour Spin had all of the features that fitted me. It offered a great amount of spin, as I was able to hit consistent topspin all the time, which I couldn't quite do with my ALU powers. It also felt good when I played, as I string it at 57 lbs, and it is lastly a good control string, as I am able to control with both my racquet and my strings especially, on what type of shots that I will hit. I use these strings on my Yonex EZONE Xi 98 racquet.
From: Alexandra, 4/14

Comments: The Yonex PTS is a great control string. Since I favor softer textured polys for control, spin and durability I had to try this string. It's also easy on the body. However, it is very low powered which I like. I did make some major tension adjustments. I went from 60 lbs of tension down to 51 lbs. 51 lbs was much better. I recommend starting at the lower tension range for your racquet. I did not have any problems stringing my racquets with Yonex PTS. This is a hidden treasure that's worth a try.

Comments: Great string if your game needs maximum spin, great control and amazing tension maintenance. This string is very low-powered but has some sweetness in it (not too stiff). I gained a lot of confidence on my serves with it, I can really hit it with lots of spin and the drops in. The edges don't fade away like most strings. I just bought a reel and one of the major factor (beside spin) was that throughout my time with this string it barely lose any tension compared to others (and I have tested almost all the strings out there) and it has great durability as well. My setup is 52 lbs with some multi or syn gut at 54 lbs on the crosses for added power and softness.
From: Seb, 2/14

Comments: Quite low powered but offers lots of spin and control. Great pocketing and holds tension very well. Strung it in a Wilson KTour with the tension at 54/55 lbs. For me, it is a confortable string. More spin and less power than Yonex Poly Tour Pro.
From: Vincent, 1/14

Comments: Great string! Packed with control and feel. Great spin generation, tension maintenance and durability (I have yet to break them). Power is on the low side even for a poly, but that is kind of the point! I want to be able to have confidence when hitting hard powerful strokes.This is my go-to poly.
From: Jon, 11/13

Comments: I am a 4.0 singles player. I love testing out strings, and usually use either Lux, Blast, or Cyclone. This string is top notch. I don't want to say it's better this or that. But just picture this. I use an Aeropro and rely on spin to land my strokes. This string is the lowest powered, high spin rated string on the market. If you are someone who likes to have your stick or your string generate pace for you then stay away from this stuff. But if you have a powerful tweener stick like I do, and can generate your own power, then it would be a sin to not try out this string. I strung it at 52 lbs and it is still amazingly low powered. I would say to string it up at 50 lbs, allow for more ball pocketing, and let 'em rip -- you will not regret it. It's a must try. The most underrated string I have ever come across.

Comments: Spin works well and holds tension very well. But the power is average. This spin string is not as good as the Yonex Tournament 80 Spin which was just $7.00. Yonex should go back and sell that popular string again.
From: Tagawa, 4/13

Comments: I like these strings and they work really well for me. I am a relatively strong guy and can generate my own pace pretty easily, so I generally look for control-oriented strings. The Yonex Spin fits the bill and provides excellent control/spin and nice power when using a full swing. I have played with it for about 6 hours now and I have not noticed any significant tension change. Perhaps, the most pleasing aspect of this string is how it feels like I am grabbing the ball and I can really hear the pop (like a cannon) when I get a clean hit. These remind me of the Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour except the Yonex Spin seems to hold its tension better. As well, it is significantly cheaper than the PHT and my previous string, Luxilon ALU Power Rough. I recommend giving the Yonex Spin a try.
From: Anderson, 3/13

Comments: I could not wait for this string since I love the Yonex PTP 125 as one of top favorite polys, and have always wondered why they did not offer one that was shaped, or twisted. Ugh, what a total disappointment, it was the most difficult to string of any I have every one, if the string got "bent" it sort of creased and made it very difficult to pull the last several crosses through the mains. Onto the play though, as my hope were still high, but after 3 matches I now cannot wait to remove and restring with something different. No power and very stiff, which is too be expected , but there was no additional spin that I could notice compared to the Poly Tour Pro 125 yellow string that Yonex offers. I actually found this blue string to have less additional spin help then any other shaped poly that I have tried, and the list is about 12-13 deep. I love Yonex, but this was a major miss for me.
From: Kevin, 4/12

Comments: This is really the best polyester string in the market. I'm impressed how it holds the tension so well and its shape lasts very long as the company says. A little low powered and firm bringing the control to max as well as the ball bite. I would like to point out that I'm using this string at 54/51 on a Yonex RDiS 100 MP. Before this string, I used Luxilon Alu Power Spin, Big Banger Original Rough, Tecnifibre Black Code and Babolat RPM Blast. The Yonex Spin is cheaper and out performs all of these strings. I highly recommend it if you are a competitive player(5.0 and above) looking for a string for heavy spin, control, low power for lower tension use with excellent tension maintenance.

Yonex Poly Tour Spin 1.25 16L Blue String - Where to go from here