Comments: I really wanted to like these shoe and they felt good when I put them on, but after walking to the treadmill with them for an hour the top of my smallest toe hurt and became red, it was rubbing on a seam inside the shoe. This didn't happen for the other foot. If I played on the courts with these then they, probably would have rubbed some skin off.

Comments: These are great shoes. I am a big fan of foot-shaped shoes that don't push the big toe to the side. Why are so many athletic shoes so stylishly pointed that they sacrifice big toe comfort? The 254D is not completely foot-shaped (think Birkenstock or Altra running shoes), but it is closer than any tennis shoe I know of. Good job Yonex.
From: Jon, 1/14

Comments: This shoe needs more feedback! I've been wearing this shoe for a month. When I was just wearing them to the gym, etc., I was worried they felt more clunky than I was hoping. But once I hit the court, that concern faded. There are some interesting elements of this shoe -- The forefoot strings are easy to adjust separately from the midfoot. I really like this feature a lot. At the end of the match, the strings are exactly where they were when I started. They make more than average noise. They are much quicker than your first impression. The feel is between a heavy thick shoe and a super thin soled shoe. But the play is very quick, which I don't think I've found in another shoe. Lastly, they appear to be wearing very well. I have about 10 hours on them and can barely see any wear.
From: Gary, 10/13

Comments: Comfortable, light, and an all around solid shoe. They felt great right out of the box. But I wonder why it does it not have a durability guarantee, especially since word "durable" is written on the side of the shoe?

Black Shoes