Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: This is my "go-to" multi. Soft on the arm with good feel, control and power. I use a full bed for folks with arm and shoulder issues. For bigger hitters, I use the super 850 as a "Premium" Hybrid set up with Tourna Big Hitter and Weiss Canon Silver String. Price point is competitive for this class of multi/playability string. I also share the same opinion with other reviews in that I prefer this string over Technifibre NRG and Biphase. I am a 4.5 all court player.
From: Darin, 9/14

Comments: I normally play whit NRG2, but I'm making the switch for sure ! This string makes everything so good and is soft on the arm! I highly recommend it. I play with a Wilson Prostaff 90 BLX strung at 48.5 lbs.
From: Kaimy, 7/14

Comments: I play at the 4.5 level in singles and play 3-4 times a week with moderate topspin and slice. I used to use Technifiber X-One biphase due to it's great gut-like feel. But it has terrible durability and is expensive. I tried 3-4 substitutes like NRG, but not great feel. TW recommended this string and it's great. Same soft feel, but lasts 3 times as long as X-One at half the price. Keep it a secret so they don't raise the price!
From: Jack, 7/14

Comments: Really like this string in my Youtek IG Prestige MP. It is soft with plenty of power and nice access to spin. Bonus -- the strings don't move around much. This is one of the best multis I have tried. Highly recommend.
From: Todd, 8/13

Comments: This string is really nice, especially for the price. It's soft but really durable. These strings don't lose tension much and stay in place as well as adding decent spin. However, I did feel like it lacked in power. It's great for those who have arm problems too.
From: Rob, 6/13

Comments: Great string. I would lower the tension 2 lbs compared to many multis, and it does not move much either.
From: Tommy, 12/12

Comments: This is a great string. I use the 16g at 55lbs in my Head i.Prestige MP and Prince Beast 17g in the mains at 51 lbs. It really softens the string bed. It's great for volleys, control, and excellent durability. Big fan here, and it's a great price too.
From: Mesa, 10/12

Comments: I am shocked at how good this string is. I actually prefer it to Tecnifibre X-One Biphase in my Yonex EZONE Xi 98. It provides way better spin and isn't quite as soft, which I like. Still has really good feel and I like the level of control. Plus the price is great.
From: Barrett, 5/12

Comments: If you are looking for multi, you must try this one! Nice price, player friendly and best value/performance on market. To compare to Tecnifibre X-One Biphase, Yonex has less power. I use my Yonex RD Ti 50 with full 850 on indoor and as a hybrid with a silver string outside.
From: Tommy, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction at 57 lbs

Comments: This is a great string and I switched over to it. I played with Babolat Xcel Power 17, Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17, Wilson NXT Tour 17, and Tecnifibre NRG2. I liked them all but choose Babolat Xcel Power 17 as being the most durable, Tecnifibre less durable and NRG2 worse in durability of all. I've been using Babolat for a year or so. Tried this due to the price in my Yonex V Core 100 S and Wilson BLX Pro Open and really loved it. I've played with this for two weeks thrice a week for two hours. I've loved it so far and plan to stick to it. It's very close to Babolat Xcel Power 17 but less than half the price. Comfort, power and durability is amazing. If you like multifilament or natural gut please give it a shot, you'll save lot of money. Overall I've loved Yonex products.
From: Obaid, 9/11

Comments: Great string with a pretty lively feel. Strung at 60 on my microgel prestige mid. In between soft and crisp, leaning towards crisp at higher tensions. Very nice right after stringing but after the tension drops they get a bit mushy. They also only lasted me a week of normal play. That being said sensation, fibergel power, reaction, and revelation (all 17 gauge) all last me 3 weeks on average. Fun stuff, nearly managed to start serving with it again (shoulder problems).
From: Kent, CA, USA, 07/10

Comments: I like these strings inexpensive, great spin, good feel and control, like someone mentioned already, no feeling of trampoline. There's very little movement for first 6 -7 hours. I used this string on 2 racquets and got very similar results - durability is about 12 hours for me (I play with heavy topspin). I believe, flat hitters can use this string for much longer. I'd recommend these strings for doubles and singles players.
From: VOU, 4.0+, Ontario, Canada. 6/10

Comments: I'm a 4.0 baseliner playing with an RDti80 strung at 60/58. I play about 2-3 times per week - mostly singles. I'm a big fan of multifilament strings, but I had never tried Yonex strings before these. They had a lot more pop than I expected. Durability was quite good. They showed almost no wear and very little tension loss until I played them in wet conditions several weeks on. After they got wet the outer coating broke down and then they deteriorate very fast, but they held their tension well right up to the breaking point. For me, the spin potential was quite poor. I'm still considering a switch to these strings, but also still hoping to find something that also produces more spin at a similar price point.
From: B, Singapore, 10/08

Comments: Based on the review here I decided to order this string and give it a try. I am a longtime user of X-One Tecnifibre's and compare the two I think the X-One is still the best on multifilament string for feel, control and playability. I normally string 62lbs on my Pro Staff Tour 90 which has a tight string bed and I think this string might not be suit for a small head racquet. I might try to lower the tension couple pounds to see if it'll make any different. Overall I wouldn't say is equal to most top of the line Multi string like X-One or Gramma Pro etc...but I say is a bit above average.
From: KC, Oakland, CA, USA. 10/08

Comments: I have this in my RDS001 mid at 55/53lbs. Even at this mid-low tension, it plays nice and crisp. This makes the string bed feel pretty lively, with decent pop and predictable control (trajectory). While crisp, this string also yields surprisingly little high frequency vibration, and makes for a relatively soft hit. As previous reviewers stated, it also has very little movement, which is nice for me - I hate adjusting strings between points. Overall a very good string, especially for the price.
From: Will, Taipei, Taiwan. 5/08

Comments: I have only played with this string for two matches (doubles) and one of my matches was very easy. I found that it shoots the ball farther than I want it to go. I use an RDS 003 2008 racquet so I don't know if it is the frame or the string. I would recommend this string, though, because it is easy on the arm. I would suggest swinging a little softer than you normally do though to get the ball in.

Comments: I love these strings. Cheap, great access to spin, feel solid on all strokes, no feeling of trampolining. Durability is fine - about 25 hours of playing for me. I plan to keep using these on my RDS Tour 002s at 58lbs.
From: Sam 4.0+, SF, CA, USA. 3/08

Comments:Great string. Moved away from polys because of arm problems, but found most multis to be too soft and lose tension too fast. Been trying many multis. So far, I like this one the best. It does not move very much. It does not lose much tension. It does not fray much. It reminds me of Wilson reaction, but has better playability/control. The durability has been quite good for me as well. I might suggest stringing a couple pounds lower than usual because this string won't have much tension loss. I might keep looking a little more, but I doubt any other string can beat this combination of quality. I play at 4.0 level with nCode 6.1 95 (16x18) @ 57lbs.
From: Scott, Mission Viejo, CA, USA, 09/07

Comments: This might get a bit long for a feedback, but I have been using this string for a while now and realized that I have not left feedback on it. I have used this string in a variety of racquets - from Babolat Pure Storm and Fed's red Ncode 90 to Fischer pro and my current stick RDS 001 MP. I feel that there is no major difference between higher end (based on price) multis such as Tecnifibre's NRG and Babolat excel premium and this string. Playability is pretty good and I find that you have a good handle on the racquet this string will not let you down. As far as spin goes, I think it is important to notice for all readers that the string cannot provide you extra amount of spin that you did not produce before, you have to look at your racquet choice for that. Yes, some polys will provide a bit of extra spin, which to be honest is hard to notice sometimes. I find it fairly easy to string. So when it comes to spin, what I like about this string is predictability, but not its excess. Durability is fantastic for a non- polyester string and I can't complain about tension maintenance, especially if you string it in both mains and crosses. The string doesn't move much, which is neither a plus or a hindrance as I always found that adjusting the string gives me something to focus on between points instead of staring at other courts. Value is pretty good compared to the aforementioned multis. When comparing this string to a basic synthetic gut it does not add (in my opinion) tremendously more playability or feel, but it does (for reason that I can't explain) last a lot longer, so in essence you might be getting more bang for your buck with this multi than with a more basic synthetic gut. Lastly, everyone comments on the fact that the string is easy on the arm, I have to agree.

Comments: Easy on arm and spin friendly. I am using on RDS 001 MID at 55lb. It gives more power and spin but control is not bad. If you are RDS player this might be worth trying.
From: NN, Bay Area, CA, USA, 02/07

Comments: I have been testing several different strings (multifilaments, polys, natural gut, hybrids, etc.) in all price ranges in the past two months. After reading the reviews on this string I decided to give it a try. Every reviewer is spot on. This is a great string - don't let the price fool you into not thinking it is a quality string. It is. I just put KLIP Natural Gut 18 into my other racket and liked the Yonex Pro Spin better. I have plenty of control, spin, and power to suit my all court game. If you buy this string, you won't be disappointed.
From: Scott, Geneva, IL, USA. 11/06

Comments: I purchased these strings from TW a couple months ago. The Yonex 850 Pro Spin is an excellent all- around string! I had excellent feel and spin with this string. For a multi-filament string, it had excellent tension maintenance. Long lasting and durable, with little to no string bed movement. Easy to string with and highly recommended.
From: Rodney, Yukon, OK 08/06

Comments: Great string! You can't beat the feel, control, durability, and resistance to movement that this string offers for less than 10 bucks! Highly recommended.
From: John, San Diego, California 05/06

Comments: This is one great string. Movement is almost non existent and retains it's tension well, even after hours of play. Highly recommended.
From: John, So Cal, USA 05/06

Comments: String does not move much and still playable after around 6 hrs of play (within one week) and there is no sign of tear yet. Highly recommended.
From: AlNoor, Manila, Philippines. 12/05

Comments: I Love this string! It has an amazing amount of control, and it doesn't lack in power. If you want an awesome string, for an awesome price, then get this string. You will not be disappointed!
From: Jorge, USA. 10/05

Comments: Have tried lots of strings and I have to say I am very impressed. Good blend of power, comfort and feel. Strings don't move really at all. Usually like to use 17 or 18 gauge hit with heavy topspin but this string does have good spin and for the price you need to try this string. Also very easy to string.
From: Anon, Valparaiso, IN, USA 06/05

Comments: Awesome String! It has excellent top spin and still enough power to help out. It is a great string to try and will improve your game and for $9 there really isnít nothing to loose.
From: Sakura, Kyoto. 04/05

Comments: As good as advertised. Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro Spin delivered good blend of power, comfort and feel.
From: Art, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. 04/05

Comments: Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro Spin is the best synthetic gut string that I have played with. It is a players string--IT has a nice feel (not too soft, just right), they playability is excellent not too powerful, great topspin, and above average durability for a multi. The string also holds tension well till the end, and at < $9, it is a great value. IMHO this string is better than both NRG2 & NXT/Tour.
From: Dudley, Ocean, NJ, USA. 12/04

Comments: Great string value. Provides great combo of power and control, yet is very durable. I've experimented with many polyester and multfilaments, and the Yonex is a hidden treasure. I am a big fan of Laserfibre Supreme and NRG2 strings, but the Yonex beats them both. Give it a try!
From: Brendan, Naples, FL, USA. 11/04