Comments: I like this one. It seems easy to get the ball to do what you intend. I play with a one-handed backhand and it's not too tough to generate lots of topspin or slice. Like other reviewers have said, you can really generate spin with this racquet. I think the racquet is somewhat sensitive to your string set up; I've found that it's better if you string it at around 60, because for me balls seemed to fly when I strung it at 55 (which is the low end of the recommendation). I agree with other reviewers that sometimes it feels a bit weird at the net, but I'm sure that's more me than the racquet. Great deal at the closeout price, too.
From: Jordan. 08/11
String type and tension: hybrid poly mains and nylon crosses @ 60lbs

Comments: I like this racquet. I am still trying to nail down my backhand and get used to volleying with it but it's coming along. I used a heavier racquet before so I need to get my body behind them a bit more with this one. Serves great and I was able to hit awesome angles around the court. I did add a tiny bit of weight to the frame.
From: MC, 8/11

Comments: This is a great racquet for me! I love the long handle of the racquet because of my two handed forehand and backhand and gives me room to work with. It has great spin and the angles are great. Rather you want to hit flat or hit with spin it's all on you. Only thing is that if you miss the sweet spot it's a little unforgiving, but hey the head is 95 sq inches. My serve is a lot better and I've always had spin but because the racquet is a little heavier then my previous racquet so I have a heavy top spin that penetrates the court. Certainly a keeper. P.S. Not a bad looking racquet neither.
From: Byron. 07/11

Comments: Great all around stick. Have been playing with it for around 6 months and have had no major complaints, except for its over-flexibility, right around the throat especially. It's not hard to hit with spin on this racquet, but you have to have a very loopy, accelerating forehand to really get the full spin advantages. It allows you to hit the ball on the rise really well, and serves (flat and kick) have amazing spin and pace on them. Volleys can be very tough, because of the small head size and the racquet's tendencies to have a lot of bounce back on the head after a volley, so the wrist has to be incredibly stiff, which can lead to hitting it off the frame. Overall, great stick, but not recommended for anyone below 4.0. Would be a good stick for clay-courters.
From: Niki, Munich, Germany, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilion Big Banger ALU @ 28 kg

Comments: Dear TW I think that you guys should do a review on this one because the issue you guys face with the RQis 1 tour was the lack of power and this frame seems to oblige that need. I would be curious to see what you thought of the racquet after a very big change was made seemingly to benefit you guys.
From: Sam. 09/10

Comments: I had been searching for a while, tried the Wilson K-Factor/BLX 6.1, Prince, Volkl, Dunlop 4D 200 & 300, nothing really grabbed me until I tried this frame. I demoed it, sent it back and got it again to make sure I really liked it. The RQIS 1 is VERY comfortable, not overwhelming on power. I feel like I can take a big cut at the ball and not have to worry. I'm more of an all-court player so being able to volley with it was pretty important, something I found difficult with some of the Head frames. I added 8g to 3 & 9 for a little more weight in the head. My only "complaint" is the thickness of the frame at the hoop, prefer a thin beam. Great frame all in all, glad I didn't go with the BLX 6.1.
From: Travis, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g @ 61lbs

Comments: Update to my earlier review. Love this racquet. Every shot, spin and angle is available with this frame. The bigger the cut, the faster the velocity. Definitely takes the RDS 001 design to new heights with a perfect blend of control and power.
From: netman, Atlanta, GA. 4/10
String type and tension: Gosen SM 17 56 main, 54 crosses

Comments: Have been playing with this frame for a couple of weeks. My competition frame has been the RDS001 MP modded to roughly 12.2 oz. All I can say is this is a very nice improvement on that frame. The added width at 3 and 9 adds much needed stability to the hoop and makes the sweetspot feel huge. In fact, I did not need to add any lead at 10,2, 3 or 9 like I do on my RDS001 MPs. I'm still modding this one to around 12.2 oz, but the weight is mainly in the handle and it swings great at 14 pts HL. Not sure where the 329g (11.6 oz) weight comes from as mine was 337g (11.9 oz)stock. The added flex makes for a more comfortable hit while further upping the pinpoint control. This frame is not going to add power for you, but it rewards long strokes with precise control. Serves are big with good control and spin. You can take huge cuts at the ball on both service returns and groundies without worrying about the ball flying long (BTW I hit flat). Volleys are easy to hit with depth and precise placement as long as you use good form. Even my shanks were falling into the court. Definitely worth a try if you like the RDS001 frames but want a touch more power and comfort.
From: Netman, Atlanta, GA, USA 03/10
String type and tension: Gosen Sheep Micro 17, 56 mains, 54 crosses

Comments: This racquet has slight improvements from the older Rq IS 1 tour (black w/red). Compared to the older model, it now weighs about 5 grams less at 315 grams, which makes a difference in swinging. Second, the area of the bed frame goes is 95 sq.inches compared to 98 sq.inches. Even though the frame slightly smaller, the newer Rq Is 1 provides better, controlled volleys; more balanced feel with serves and ground strokes with topspin, and off-center hits means less shock to arm travel since its more forgiving. Although on volleys, there needs to be more follow-through or "pushing" forward to get the right shot. Granted that this is a heavier racquet compared to Yonex's competitors. I use to play with a Dunlop 400i all solid graphite, which weighs in at about 330 grams (its like having a baseball bat). But the newer Rq IS 1 Tour XL s definitely an improvement from the older model. And I'm contemplating getting a second racquet. Highly recommended if you like Yonex's "Rq" Series which means more power. This racquet has excellent power, control, and great spin!
From: Edgar C, Naperville, IL 03/10
String type and tension:16G Babolat VS natural gut(mains)/17G Goshen Poly (crosses) - 57/55
Headsize: 95 sq. inch

Comments: Always like old school, heavier rackets with smaller heads... it's what I grew up with and I'm used to having to work to swing a racket to generate power. Age and injuries are catching up so I've been on searching for something that offers similar control and power, but in a lighter package. Current racket is the Wilson K-Fed 90sq in. Love the racket but the weight is an issue when I serve... just can't get it moving fast enough with my aging shoulder. Enter the RQiS 1 Tour XL 95 which has a nice balance, lighter, nice sweetspot higher in the head, cushioned yet crisp response. For anyone looking to move to a lighter control frame... this deserves serious consideration. The lighter weight allows for a little more pop and some serious spin. I hit a pretty heavy ball with the Wilson and the Yonex allows the same but with more spin. Took me a couple hit sessions to get used to the weight, but now serves and groundies feel great. You can't give a better compliment to a racket than to say, "It has added shots to my game and allows me the room to be a better player"
From: MRO, Cincinnati, OH, USA
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power, 58 mains / 55 crosses

Comments: This is a great racquet. It offers the precision of the regular RQiS 1 Tour, but with the added power so you don't feel like you're swinging for the fences every single time, which can get tiring. The racquet has good flex in the throat, but around 3 and 9 o'clock, you can feel it's a little stiffer than the regular RQiS. I really enjoy playing with the racquet. It feels like it does whatever I want it to do and my arm appreciates it as well. On serves, you do get quite a lot more spin as I can see the action as the ball travels over the net.
From: Chris, Los Angeles, CA USA 12/09
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 17

Comments: I love this racquet. I played with the K Blade 98, Tecnifibre T-Fight 320, Prince Diablo and Prince Original Graphite, but I'm sticking with this Yonex. I've never had opponents and hitting partners comment on the topspin I send their way until I used this one. I bought three and put lead tape on one at 3 and 9 o'clock for the days when I want some more heft.
From: Galen, Minneapolis, MN 11/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough, 57lbs

Comments: I am passionate about my tennis and I love collecting tennis racquets as part of my crazy wacky hobby...lol's. I purchased this stick last week and must say that I found it to have incredible feel the minute I hit with it. My serve, volleys and groundstrokes are very consistent with the RQiS 1 Tour XL 95 and I'm able to generate good control and power and it offers great plow and feel on the ball. I'm a HUGE Yonex fan and when I heard Ana Ivanovic's positive comments about this stick....i had to get it as part of my collection. As I continue to play with it, I now realize why she likes it :) With the string combination that I use together with a Yonex supergrap grip, I feel like I can play non-stop. The grip length is great too for a 2 handed backhand. I hope Ana gets to top 5 pretty soon with this stick after a disappointing and dismal year. Great racquet Yonex!!
From: Glynn, Port Elizabeth, South Africa 10/09
String type and tension:M60 Bab XCel Power 16, X57 Lux Alu-Power Ice
Headsize:95 sqin

Comments: Hit with it for 1.5 hours. There was noticeably less power than Rqis 2 tour(my normal frame) but a clear step up from the regular rqis1tour. It feels quite different than the 1tour. A bit more precision than the 2 tour. Drop volleys melted off the stick. I had more shanks though probably b/c not used to the 95 head. I wish Twarehouse's demos weren't strung so tight with junky syn gut. There is no love in the demo string jobs. it's like fast food. Nonetheless, still considering moving from the 2 tour here...verdict not in yet though.
B, in the case of the Yonex demo you received, it could have been restrung from the previous demoer. All of our demos are strung with a good multifilament at mid +2. We apologize for the inconvenience. -TW Staff-
From: B, LA, CA, USA. 09/09
String type and tension: cheap syngut, super tight

Comments: Nice frame, I went through a bunch of Yonex demos, RQiS Tour, RDiS Mid, MP, Wilson KBlade etc etc. I really liked how this racquet played, and I ended up buying it. Nice flex, reminded me of my long gone RDX500, great control on groundstrokes, good topspin, volleys. It has more power than original RQiS. Serves are joy as well, I am getting very nice action on slice and kickers, plus racquet is light enough to get some really good head speed on flat ones. Make sure you demo it, do not think it is the same as original RQiS tour, it is actually quite different. Demo and see for yourself.
From: Albert, Scottsdale, AZ, USA. 6/09
String type and tension: Kirsch Pro Line II, 57

Comments: I'm hitting with the new RDS 001 MP and took this racquet for a spin just for fun. It has decent pop on the forehand and backhand side with good stability for a 11.6 oz racquet. The spin was there but nothing to write home about, I'm sure if you threw on a set of polys with lower tension you would have plenty. The sweetspot seemed very generous for a 95 and I found it hard to miss hit with this racquet. The mobility of this racquet is great with a fast swing speed. Serving with it was real joy and surprise. I found great spin, control, comfort and plenty of power. A nice racquet with impressive serving ability.
From: Finch, Modesto, CA, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g

Comments: I played the Ksix-One Tour before. No question, the K-Six tour is the best racquet that there is, if man is young and healthy. I am over 40 and my footwork too ;-) I've tried a lot of racquets and would not play skillet. So I went to the Yonex Tour 95 XL. It is not too hard after in a long Match and forgives even better. He offers a lot of power and adequate control. At the serving I have yet to acclimatise. All in all a great racquet for me.
From: Udo, Greifswald, Germany. 04/09
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force 1.24, 25/26 kg (two pieces)

Comments: Let me tell you how much I love this racket! It is so maneuverable with great control and topspin. The hitting was great and I could get back anything from anywhere on the court! At first, I couldn't adjust to its light weight but as soon as I did, it was more consistent and powerful than the other racquets I have played with. With this racquet, I was able to hit more angle winners from both wings than the other racquets. Although purchasing this stick may be pricey, it is worth it!
From: Jordan, Houston, TX, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @ 60 lbs.

Comments: I didn't even feel the weight on this racket. It's true sometimes the specs don't measure up when you play. I really thought that it was going to be too heavy, but I was wrong. It's very maneuverable, and I get plenty of spin on my strokes. I love this racket, demo it so you find out yourself.
From: Keith, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. 3/09
String type and tension: Head FXP mains, Head Sonic Pro Cross 59lbs

Comments: Really liked this racquet. Currently play w/ a Yonex RDX 500 MP & looking for a replacement (since you can't find them anymore). This one is a little stiffer & has a little heavier swingweight than my current racquet but liked how it plowed through the serve & groundstrokes. Felt effortless at the net & could get some nice topspin.
From: Jackie, Woodridge, IL. 2/09
String type and tension: DEMO

Comments: I generally prefer heavier racquets (a category typically referred to as a player's racquet). I have tried many lighter racquets but they typically lack the stability to handle harder hit balls. This racquet was different. When I first picked it up I thought, "This is going to be too whippy." I truly was surprised as it was solid in all phases, including serve return, which is typically the best test for me. I would rate its power as average or moderate, which is what I am looking for. I like to be able to swing hard with reasonable confidence that the ball will stay in. I bought two.
From: Dave, Denver, CO, USA, 01/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 biphase, 60 lbs

Comments:I'm a player with t/e and shoulder problems. I found it to be stiff (demo had mf string) with much more power than the older rqis 1 tour--if you liked the rqis 1 tour and wished it had more power this is your stick-great control and is a slice players dream and the cosmetics look great.
From: Headsize: 95

Comments:This racquet is very maneuverable and is very solid on my ground strokes. This racquet is one to demo first before actually buying it.
From: Ian, Monteagle, TN. 12/08
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane/ 54-52 lbs

Comments: I played with this stick for 3 sets and loved it. Although it was strung a bit too tight for my liking and my balls were landing a little short, the feeling was that I could never miss. Very arm friendly with a nice crisp sound. It gave me a lot of confidence. Nothing like the RQiS 1 Tour (the black one) I demoed few days later that got me very tired pretty soon. Of course I'm 40yrs old but with this one I felt I could be playing forever.
From: Mike, Athens, Greece, 12/08