Ashaway Crossfire ZX 17 String Customer feedback

Comments: I love these strings! Compared to a full bed of Solinco Tour Bite, I find this string has a much more controlled launch angle at all swing speeds, without being harsh. The more topspin I hit, the deader it feels, which gives me great confidence to swing out. The ability to absorb pace is outstanding. The only place I might prefer poly is serving -- because poly has more pop. After about 6 days, the feel is still very crisp (although the mains are notched) -- a huge improvement over poly.

Comments: Well I guess I will be the first to review this string as no one else has blazed a trail! I put this hybrid in my Steam 99 LS and I am very happy. I have tried many poly combinations and never was exceptionally happy, but this is 2 fold the best combo I have found. I found it was not hard on my shoulder/elbow and in fact was comfortable. An interesting thing I found was that the string bed was crisp like a synthetic gut, but the strings snap back just as well as a poly. Polys always have that dead feeling, and this combination gives you that instant feedback along with the snap back that is required with today's topspin dominated game. I would highly recommend this string for anyone using the Spin racquets from Wilson or the ESP racquets from Prince.
From: Dustin, 10/14