Ashaway Crossfire ZX 17 String Customer feedback

Comments: Best string ever! Blows polys away. Crisp and controlled on volleys and chip returns. But great control of trajectory on topspin shots too. I prefer it with the kevlar mains strung at least 10 lbs tighter than the crosses -- it plays better for longer. Lasts months until the kevlar finally gets sawed through. Feel is grabby on spin shots, which I like. The ball never slides across the stringbed like it can with full poly. I think this string would become popular if more people knew about it.
From: Marek, 11/15

Comments: When I first played with it, it was stiff. After a break in period, it was comfortable. Control is its best feature. I can take a very healthy cut at the ball and keep it in the court. Durability is outstanding. I've been using a spin effect racquet and keeping it strung with poly for maybe a match and a half at most. This lasts about 25 sets on average. I really like it once it breaks in. It seems to play better the longer it is in the frame. If you are looking for power, look elsewhere. If power is not an issue, I recommend this.
From: Greg, 10/15

Comments: I love these strings! Compared to a full bed of Solinco Tour Bite, I find this string has a much more controlled launch angle at all swing speeds, without being harsh. The more topspin I hit, the deader it feels, which gives me great confidence to swing out. The ability to absorb pace is outstanding. The only place I might prefer poly is serving -- because poly has more pop. After about 6 days, the feel is still very crisp (although the mains are notched) -- a huge improvement over poly.

Comments: Well I guess I will be the first to review this string as no one else has blazed a trail! I put this hybrid in my Steam 99 LS and I am very happy. I have tried many poly combinations and never was exceptionally happy, but this is 2 fold the best combo I have found. I found it was not hard on my shoulder/elbow and in fact was comfortable. An interesting thing I found was that the string bed was crisp like a synthetic gut, but the strings snap back just as well as a poly. Polys always have that dead feeling, and this combination gives you that instant feedback along with the snap back that is required with today's topspin dominated game. I would highly recommend this string for anyone using the Spin racquets from Wilson or the ESP racquets from Prince.
From: Dustin, 10/14