Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 1/2 Set Customer feedback

Comments: Good comfortable string with good feel. But since it is soft, you don't expect it to generate as much spin as a poly. The "problem" is its playability drops off after 5-6 hours of play if you hit hard. It is not breaking nor fraying yet but you begin to feel it is going dead. So it may not be much cheaper than gut, if you compare its usable life. Might be better as a hybrid on the crosses.

Comments: I'd say the product description is very accurate -- this is a really nice, soft string with great pop and access to spin. However, it isn't much more durable than a typical multi. I am a hard-hitting 4.0 -- had shoulder surgery last summer and have been working my way back, now playing with a lighter racquet (Tecnifibre Tflash 300) strung at lower tension (50 lbs) to lower stress on my arm all around. I found this set up very comfortable and have been happy with how I've been hitting with it -- just wish the strings lasted longer. Not sure that there is a solution to that problem though! Definitely an excellent alternative to gut at a lower price point.
From: Dave, 7/15

Comments: Strung my RF97 with Biphase 17g on the mains at 59 lbs, Babolat RPM Blast 18g on the crosses. Great feel but for the hard hitters, the string lasted an average of 2.5 to 3 hours of play. Great for people seeking for good feel and playability.
From: Elton, 6/15

Comments: Using it on my second Prince 100 Tour (18x20) strung at 56 lbs. The other 100 Tour was strung with the X-one Biphase 18 (also at 56 lbs) which I wrote a short review on it's respective page. Similar to the 18, ball pocketing is great and spin is obtained more from techniques. The power level is a little less compared to the 18, which is expected. The feel and crisp however, is much less apparent in this 17. It is a good string no doubt. However, for me using the 100 Tour with flex rating below 58 and the feel everyone described as "mushy/soft/different" lack of crispness could be a deal breaker at this price point. There are many others multis that can give the similar results. If you are not a string breaker, I highly recommend the 18, else a firmer racquet may reap more benefits out of this 17.
From: GW, 2/15

Comments: I have been playing tennis for 30 years. I play from the baseline and hit topspin and play mostly on clay; I play indoor in the winter. Hybrid this with Luxilon Adrenaline in the mains and X-One in the crosses -- fantastic! The best of both worlds. I experimented with natural gut in the crosses but I'll go back to Biphase! My current string of choice.
From: Mishell, 11/14

Comments: This string is the perfect replacement for natural gut without the heavy price tag. It has "gut-like" feel with plenty of ball pocketing. I'm not a typical string breaker. I play 3 to 4 times per week and have had this string for almost two months. I believe this is perfect for my Wilson K-Factor Six.One 90 Tour (16x20) strung on the mains at 48lbs and the crosses with Top Spin Cyber Flash at 44lbs.
From: Chan, 7/12

Comments: Every now and then I get this great idea that I should try another string. I catch myself reading reviews or comments and get curious. But every time I go back to Tecnifibre X-One Biphase...I wonder why I strayed away. X-One hits with the right combination of feel, control, power and consistency for me. Some people say it goes dead after a short amount of time. To me it plays better and better right up to the breaking point. Only thing I have against the string is that it plays a little stiff the first hour or two. Gamma Professional is the only string I have played with that might play a bit better...but considering the cost, I'll stay with X-one.
From: Rondall, Glen Burnie, MD, USA. 8/07

Comments: Without a doubt the best synthetic string on the market (and better than some natural gut). I'm a racquet stringer and use to recommend Wilson NXT 17 to my serious playing customers. In the last year from my recommendation they're all playing with Tecnifibre x-one Biphase 17 now and everybody's happy.
From: John, USA. 11/06