Comments: This racquet has a tremendous amount of feel and generates good power/spin with a more controlled swing. I love playing doubles with it so that I can play a lot of accurate, controlled shots and volleys. When it comes to singles, I want to hit hard from the baseline though and hit harder serves. This racquet tops out at a certain point and it feels like swinging harder does not generate more power. I have played with the Head YouTek and Babolat Aeropro racquets. They both generate a lot more power from the baseline thanks to the extra weight and rigidity. I may try adding some weight to the Tempest to see if that helps, but I think that kind of spoils the personality of this racquet. I say let it be what it is and go buy something else for when you want to bomb away. A word on square inches -- if you are capable of hitting the sweet spot on a smaller racquet head, get the smaller racquet. There is nothing to be gained with this frame, you are sacrificing maneuverability. If you have no idea where the ball is going to hit the strings, you just know it will, then this is the frame for you. The sweet spot if huge and this frame is very forgiving and resistant to vibration
From: Att, 11/13

Comments: This racquet is perfect for a more controlled and powerful shot, being made of basalt fibers also increase accuracy and stability. I think this racquet is perfect for all-around players looking for power and a good sweet spot.

Comments: In the hands of a surgeon you can do anything with this racquet. Advanced spin doctors and doubles specialists that are getting older will enjoy the power, control and maneuverability. I can hit killer kicks and flat bombs with ease.
From: Greg, 8/12
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Spiky Shark mains / Syn Gut crosses @ 63 lbs

Comments: Last night I looked down at my racquet only see that my Wilson Kfour was cracked straight through the frame to my surprise. I did not hit anything to cause this but just had it restrung. Not sure if there was any connection here, however I then demoed the Tempest Four. With no practice swings at all, I absolutely loved this racquet from the first swing. More power for sure than the Kfour, however, I found it have just as much control. I am going to demo it next week to see if I have the same take on it, however from what I could tell this racquet is a big hit for Wilson!
From: Mark. 10/11

Comments: Very impressed with the Tempest. Plenty of power and control. So easy to maneuver and getting topspin is effortless! I played one of my best matches today with this stick, just picked it up and started playing. I think Wilson has a hit with this racket with its versatility being its strong point!
From: BK. 5/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast and Wilson Sensation @ 57 lbs

Comments: I demoed this racquet when it was first released, expecting it to feel similar to the Kfour, which is one of my all-time favorites. After only a few minutes of light hitting, I set this stick down and went back to my AeroPro Drive GT. During these few minutes, I had come to terms with the fact that this new Four-series has destroyed Golovin's racquet's legacy (I tend to take racquets personally, if you haven't noticed). This racquet is NOT for advanced players, or even intermediate players! Perhaps ultra-beginners would enjoy the lack of feel, the utter lack of control and the wild power this generates, but certainly not for me. Even if you're a diehard Tatiana fan looking for a racquet upgrade, stay away from this one!
From: Patrick, Charlotte, NC, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Prince Tournament Poly 17 @ 58 lbs

Comments: This racket is as close as I could get to my Prince Grande/Triple Threat, which I loved. But, after nearly 10 years, it became dried out and stiff. As a 3.0 female player, I don't hit with great power. This slightly head heavy racket helps me swing through the ball, to maintain control and to hit flat or with topspin. For me, it plays light and lively. At the same time, I prefer the hybrid strings of my old racket and next year I will put them in.
From: Jean, Wyndmoor, PA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Wilson synthetic gut, 60#

Comments: Now in my 50's, I prefer light, maneuverable racquets to heavier ones, and have been looking for a light racquet that suits my game. I tried the BLX Six-One Lite, but simply couldn't get enough power from it. I also tried Dominika Cibulkova's old racquet, the Dunlop Aerogel Super-Lite, but I didn't like the feel of it. So far, I've had a really good experience with the BLX Tempest-Four. It's light, it's head-heavy, it's got excellent pop, and it's very whippy for finesse and topspin shots. Light, oversized racquets carry a bit of a stigma in high-brow tennis circles as "grandma's racquet." In my view, that's a bad rap; this is a quality offering from Wilson.
From: Jeff, Washington, DC, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat VS Touch 16, 55 lbs
Headsize: Wilson BLX Tempest 110

Comments: Bought this racquet as a second option along with the Khamsin five from Wilson and this racquet is giving me just as much power, if not a little more then the Khamsin Five. It actually feels like it has better control as well, and I have them both strung the same. No triad-technology on this one, but a nice comfortable feel.
From: Richard, Princeton, NJ, USA, 12/10