Comments: You can't have your cake and eat it. For the arm friendly comfort that you get from this string, you come to accept some mushy feel. If you really want performance and arm friendly, the only option seems to be gut (or the Technifibre X One). Both are expensive and don't last long. (Actually, while X One is cheaper than gut, it's life is shorter as it frays easily -- so net the cost vs. usable life is not that much better than gut.) I string with both Shock Shield and X One in my Pro Staff 100.
From: Marv, 10/13

Comments: I've been playing with this string since it came on the market. I played with NXT for years but it frayed quickly and kept breaking. This string is very durable and playable. It has good control. However, I switched to the Shock Shield 17g when it came out. It has much better feel and better bite on the ball, especially on slices. I like both the 16g and 17g, but prefer the 17g. However, apparently the 17g isn't as popular and it's harder to find. TW doesn't carry it and my club and local shops couldn't get it. I had to search the internet to find it. I hope Wilson doesn't stop making the 17g.
From: George, 1/13

Comments: Purchased a new arm friendly stick in 8/11 (Head Six Star). I decided to try an arm friendly string and so far this has worked out well. Very comfortable, but as one other person noted in colder temps the gel stiffens up. I developed tennis elow this summer when using a super stiff longbody oversize Prince with some other strings, which I sold and have played with the Head + WSS exclusively now.

Comments: This is an excellent, very comfortable string more like Babolat XCel 16. I put lot of spin so it doesn't last long. I played with Babolat XCel 16, Power XCel 16, Wilson NXT Tours, Tecnifibre X-One Biphase, Yonex Tour Super 850, but I liked this one, Yonex and XCel a lot. It is better in control than all others I've mentioned above. I switched to this one finally. I play 2 hours a day 3 days a week and strung it at 58 lbs and it lasted for three weeks or less.I'll stick to it for sometime.
From: Obaid, 4/12

Comments: Got mine strung at 60# into a very arm friendly ProKennex 15 PSE. Brought my serve a little back to speed as I used to bring my previous strings more than 65# tension which greatly lowered my pace. ONLY CONCERN: arm discomfort! I was really surprise since my racket never give me discomfort even at 68# strings. Now here is my theory: Since I play usually at night with really lowered temperature, the gel hardened/solidified so much that it felt hard --- more than I bargained for at 60#. During warm days, with the sun up, the strings behave better. Conclusion: Got to find myself a better strings to be played on cooler temp here in my state!
From: MJ, 2/12

Comments: Feels great and is definitely control-oriented, but certainly not under- powered either. Also seems to provide nice spin potential. This string is not just comfortable, it also enhances performance.
From: Scott, 2/12

Comments: I have a Head Speed Elite and I was suggested to string it with Luxilon Savage. However, I was afraid the Luxilon would be too hard on my arm so I went for a hybrid of Luxilon on the mains (53 lbs) and Wilson on the crosses (57 lbs). The result was great for a couple of hours. This string is extremely comfortable, however, the rubbing between both string resulted in a super fast deterioration of the Wilson string and subsequent loss of tension and string movement. It's probably great, but don't go for a hybrid with it, unless you strike very gently.
From: Filipe, 8/11

Comments: I've played for almost 15 days. I used to play with Luxilon Alu power 1.25, but a had a tendinitis and my doctor suggested to use a softer string. I replaced the Luxilon in my Wilson K Blade Tour for this one. So far it is great. Actually it improved my control.
From: Adauto. 7/11

Comments: If I had my wish I would play with a racquet at RA 70 or thereabouts, but arm and shoulder problems force me to constantly look for arm and shoulder friendly items. So I tried this. Like all others, I agree it really helps eliminating vibration/shock. I used to play with Prince Premier LT and NXT and have tried X-one Biphase as well, but my vote goes to this one in terms of comfort. The NXT 18 gauge comes closest to comfort but breaks very frequently. The NXT will give you better power though all else equal. But as a package of arm comfort/power/control I have to put the Shock Shield ahead of the rest. It does go dead after a while, which is true for any multifilament I guess.
From: Prad, CA, USA. 4/11

Comments: Can you say NO VIBRATION! I've played with this string for nearly two months now and it has not let me down. The gel's softness really allows me to get into the feel of the ball in my swing making for great control of my ball speed especially on my lobs. When it is time to crank up the power, "BOOM" there it is, time and time again without any pain. Strung at 35lbs and after about 25 hours of play, I am just noticing fraying. This string is a great practice and tournament play string that does appear to contribute to player fatigue.
From: E, Fort Worth, TX, USA, 03/11
Skill-level: A

Comments: I have been using this for a short while now. It hits pretty good but I felt like it went dead way too quick.
From: Anon, USA, 03/11

Comments: I have had shoulder pain since Sept. 2010. I started using Shock Shield one month ago and my shoulder is beginning to feel better. I no longer have sharp pain hitting high volleys and overheads so at this point I like the string. How often should a doubles player who plays four time a week change strings???
From: John, Greenville, SC, USA, 02/11
(John, many factors go into how often you should change strings but generally, a good rule of thumb is to change strings as many times in a year as you play in a week.--TW Staff)

Comments: I ordered two new rackets, had one strung with the NXT and one with the shock shield, as I've suffered from Tennis elbow for a while. They both felt pretty similar, but the shock shield did seem a little more arm friendly. Overall I felt it had good power and control. Had no problem hitting good topspin forehands, and slice backhands.
From: Rick, Plano, TX, USA, 02/11

Comments: I had a chance to hit with this today using a friend's BLX SIX ONE TOUR 90, same racket that I use. I have natural gut on mine and he had this Wilson Gel core string. I can tell you guys that from my experience this instantly felt better on the arm. It dampens like a mute switch and it had plenty of control/spin. With the racket strung at 57 pounds I was able to swing fast and still keep it in. I know the TW crew has compared this to natural gut and they still feel natural gut is better but my experience with it differs completely. I am not playing with natural gut anymore. I just wish it came in some other colors, the blue is horrid.
Approx 4.5 USTA
From: Sean, Houston, TX, USA, 02/11

Comments: Do I assume TW testers feel that gut is still superior to WSS for elbow etc.Issues? Considering this string as alternative to gut. Thanks.
From: Al, NY, USA, 02/11
(Al, although many have come close, nothing we've come across plays better than Natural gut for arm problems.--TW Staff)

Comments: Ok normally I don't do this, but I have a question to the TW staff. I'm very interested and curious about this string. I know that is new. Have any of you guys hit with it? If so, how does it feel? Is it powerful? Thanks you can leave me feedback on this review page.
From: Wil. 01/11
(Wil, our testers found this to play similar to other multifilaments in terms of power; the feel was very dampened/muted and is made for someone who has had elbow, wrist, or shoulder pains.)

Wilson Multifilament - Comfort & Enhanced Playability