Comments: I wore nothing but Nike tennis shoes for 25 years and loved ZoomAir cushioning for its low to the ground feel, but the Zoom Vapors 9+ just didn't fit right and I recently moved to playing only on clay so cushioning was not as high a priority. Went through a pair of New Balance MC 996 which were pretty nice but decided to try a shoe with clay specific outsoles. Well I will never play on clay without clay-specific outsoles again: you can really anchor you feet on ground strokes and your first step is much steadier. The Wilson Rush Pro Clay are also low to the ground which I like. I'm on my second pair now with no regrets. Shoes with mesh uppers, like the New Balance, get terribly dirty on clay and are hard to clean. Not a problem with the Wilson's.