Wilson Ripspin 16 String White Customer feedback

Comments: This string is misnamed. "Ripspin" sounds like it is a shaped string that rips into the felt and generates rpm's. In reality, Ripspin is a smooth round white poly with good durability in open string patterns, but definitely does not rip into the felt. Tension drops noticeably after the first couple of hours, but this is true with all poly strings. Once the string tension drops initially and stabilizes, you do notice the ball really sinking into the string bed for a nice plush feel, but spin production is average. A full bed of Ripspin 16 feels like an average poly, but it comes to life in a Ripspin main/nylon cross hybrid (I used Wilson Synth Gut Duramax). I would like to see Wilson add a spin/shaped version of Ripspin to compete with Tour Bite and Big Hitter Black 7.

Comments: A low powered poly that plays stiffer than its TW rating. Sure glad I crossed it with Weiss Cannon Explosiv. I am actually enjoying the ride at 48/56 lbs (Explosiv stretches like crazy) in my MG Radical OS. Crisp and taught with good access to spin. Give it a whirl if you like a smooth poly but either hybrid it or string in the mid 40s if you play a full bed.
From: Zoltan, 7/14

Comments: Been playing with this string for a couple weekends now on my new SixOne 95S and was curious how it would play on my 2013 Babolat APD. Wow! Lot's of pop, spin and control. Very comfortable on the arm vs RPM, which is what I was previously playing with. Hopefully the tension maintenance will not be a problem, time will tell. The price is great. I will definitely get several sets and switch to this one. Strung my ADP at 60 lbs for the mains and 58 lbs for the crosses.
From: Jedi, 4/14

Comments: I have always been one of those "Luxilon poly string" type player, but one day I was demoing a racquet with these Wilson Ripspin 16 strings and I just fell in love. Not too sure how the tension maintenance is but when it has a price as great as it is now I wouldn't mind buying multiple sets. The strings do feel very nice, didn't have to break them in and I get a lot more spin then I normally would with my Lux Alu Power. Must try these strings!
From: Kevin, 12/13

Comments: I put these in at 55 lbs and the feel is too dead for me. I'm assuming that 50 lbs would be a better way to go. Spin is average. Tension maintenance is good. I am cutting them out after a few days of use because they are too dead and stiff. They might be great strings, but I would use the 17 gauge if I were to use then again. And string at a lower tension. My stick has a 102" head size.

Comments: I have been using poly strings for many years. Depending on the time of year, I switch between Enduro Pro and RPM Blast. I go to Blast when I want a little more pop, but the longevity of the string decreases and tension just doesn't hold after even one or two hitting sessions. Enduro is much more dead when it is the only string, but the durability is better and there isn't as much loss of tension. I sometimes mix the two, finding a great balance. However, after hitting with RipSpin for more than a week now, I can say that I am comfortable switching to this string. It is lively, I get more spin, the strings don't move nearly as much, and the tension has held wonderfully.
From: Cory, 10/13