Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (16x18) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have being playing tennis for 40 years and use all the best racquets available. This racquet is a superb product. I tried the newer 6.1 BLX and decided to go with the older K 6.1, in terms of stability and power it will be very difficult to improve on it. This is the climax!
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Big Banger @ 53 lbs

Comments: I've used this K Factor a couple of times now, and i have to say it's a great racquet. I feel like I have much more control now, as I rarely hit a shot long and and can swing harder and more freely without worrying so much about the ball flying on me. At first, serves felt much weaker than with my Liquidmetal 4, but it just needs some getting used to. I am going to put some Golden Set SnakeBite 16 strings on them at 58 pounds, which should give me some more bite. Overall, a beautiful racquet that boosts confidence.
From: Thomas, 6/12
String Type: Wilson NXT

Comments: Loved this racquet, I play with a 6.1 90 BLX, still my racquet of choice but I occasionally switch around to this one when I feel I'm hitting off and weaker. Really easy to swing with this racquet, can generate really good headspeed, as well as a good combo of power and spin. The 95 headsize gives a bigger sweetspot than the BLX. Probably the best serving stick I've had, definitely got some extra pace and much more kick. This racquet though is a bit stiff, which is why I didn't make the full switch, a bit harsh on the arm sometimes, so I didn't want to risk the injury. A bit lacking in control as well compared the BLX but not by much. Overall this is one of the best racquets I've played with, it suits my game, a better alternative to the BLX in terms of power and pace if you need to get some juice on the serve. I've played with the KProstaff 88 as well, I think this racquet could be called a more user-friendly version, but still a bit stiff, and doesn't have that whip I get from the 6.1 90.
From: Ahmed, 1/12

Comments: Awesome service from Tennis Warehouse. Ordered from UK on late Sunday US time and the racquet arrived on Wednesday in UK around 1pm. That's fast. I had custom strings as well. This racquet is awesome. I normally play with weight around 280-290 grams unstrung, I was worried I wouldn't be able to handle this new racquet. But instead I was able to handle it perfectly and was able to pull off a lot solid shots and was able to hit the corners and lines. Once I got the racquet going, I didn't need to put much effort into the shots to return the fast and powerful balls hit at me. Serving with this racquet is also great. I think I have found the right racquet, I will be using this racquet for many years as long as I don't break it and Tennis Warehouse don't stop selling it.
From: Tony, 10/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough at 58 lbs

Comments: Wow! I used to play with the Head MicroGel Radical MP and switching to this my shots were more controlled and had way more spin. The smaller head size took some getting used to but once I did this racquet became a sniper rifle.
From: Danny, 9/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II at 56 lbs

Comments: I've yet to hit with this racquet, but I wanted to comment on the superb look and feel of the stick, as well as the fantastic service from Tennis Warehouse. By far the best service and fastest postage I've ever witnessed. I ordered the racquet with custom hybrid stringing on Friday (Australian time) and it arrived Monday morning. Fantastic! The stringer also did a fantastic job. Thank you so much Tennis Warehouse.
From: Matthew, 9/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 at 57lbs, Luxilon ALU-Power Ice at 55lbs

Comments: I gave up on Wilson Prostaff's for a number of years after getting shoulder problems from using an ncode 6.1 18 x 20 with poly a few years ago. After trying many different flexy frames, I figured I'd try the 6.1 one more time with the open string pattern and with a softer string and lo and behold, I really like it. I can use a very relaxed swing and let the heft of the frame do the work. I get great spin and placement and even with a poly hybrid, if I give myself a day or two in between sessions, my shoulder is no worse off than with my KI5 and the power level is much higher than with my Pro Kennex. Where this frame shines is on serve and at the net. If my arm holds up this will be a keeper. I will go with full gut next string job and I should be fine.
From: Bill. 5/11
String type and tension: Tourna Multi Irradated 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: Ok, I usually don't care much about this kind of stuff to bother posting a review, but having played with this racquet I had a feeling of "Where have you been all my life." I play with a eastern one-handed backhand and eastern forehand, and this racquet suited me perfectly. It had incredible control, and it is much easier to hit a wide variety of spin. Volleys were great also. Although the power rating is low, it forces you to create your own, and often I find myself pinning my opponent to the fence. Don't be fooled with this racquet YOU can generate crazy pace and spin. But there are a few problems, the racquet is very much on the heavier side so if you have trouble with heavy racquets in general, this one is no exception. Serving takes a while to get used to, as it is tough to get fast racquet head speed on it. Smaller headsize was a huge problem in the beginning when I used it but you'll get used to it quickly, if you frame hits frequently with a bigger headsize you should avoid this racquet. Also if you are someone who has trouble with generating pace, then avoid this racquet as you will need good technique and form to generate any sort of power. But in all, this racquet is perfect for someone who is a bit advance and familiar with the game.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17, 59 lbs

Comments: This racquet is amazing. Great control combined with moderate power. This racquet is grade A and if you try it out you for sure will be taking one home.
From: Palmer, Lexington, North Carolina, United States. 5/11
String type and tension: Forten @ 57 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with the Ksix-one 95 for over 2 years now and don't ever plan on changing. When I first started using the K95, I didn't really get a good feel from it but after hitting with it for a couple of days, it started to grow on me and when I put in a full bed of Pro Supex Big Ace, it got even better. With the new strings, I got more pop, feel, control and a lot of spin. I still had to generate more power on my own but that's something I like. After snapping my strings, I used full Tecnifibre Syn Gut which was a mistake and went back to the good ole Pro Supex.
From: Andy, CA, USA. 5/11

Comments: I have only had the Wilson KSix-One 95 racquet for about a year and a half but it has been an awesome racquet to use. Of course as with all racquets it is not a one size fits all racquet. Here are some of the things that have made me stay with this racquet over some of the other racquets that I have demoed and tried out. 12.3 oz. Strung Weight: This racquet is a heavy-weight among racquets. At first it is kind of hard to get used to since I was using a 8-9 oz. racquet and I was afraid of losing the speed and agility I had with my older racquet but I quickly found that extra weight is more toward my style. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get used to the heavier racquet but the weight really helped me power through my shots. My wrists and shoulders got much stronger, improving my serve and my overall groundstrokes. I could hit heavier balls that I normally had trouble with. 8 points Head Light: This is probably the biggest reason I love this racquet. It's one of the heftier racquets out there but with all the weight being in the handle it seems lighter than it should be. Most heavy racquets are hard to maneuver around at the net but with the head of the racquet being so much lighter it moves around quite quickly allowing for great reflex volleys and overheads. 95 in. Head Size: I have always had trouble keeping my shots from going out. My power was hard to control and I had a hard time putting enough spin on the ball. The smaller head size caused me quite a few unforced errors in the first couple months but quickly became beneficial as I had a lot more control on my shots.

Comments: I've been so consistent since I used this. I hit powerful serves, groundstrokes, excellent angles in volleys, anything.
From: Arden, Manila, Philippines. 4/11
String type and tension:F orten Poly @ 55 lbs mains/crosses

Comments: OK, FINALLY, I can do this. Don't laugh, but until now I had been using my vintage Dunlop Max 200G Pro (85 sq in). As I am getting older, I have had the foresight (not necessarily the need) to find something to replace them; I wanted something with similar specs and playability but with 10 more square inches. I've purchased and hit with too many racquets to name. By chance I grabbed a 4 3/8 (18x20) demo of this fine specimen and immediately fell in love. I can honestly say this is the first racquet I have hit with that plays just as good as or slightly better than the 200G. I am 6'2" 210 lb with a Steffi Graf type forehand (meaning I am slightly behind the ball), and I rely greatly on the slice backhand for both offense and defense; however, my primary attacking style is the serve and volley. I haven't liked previous versions of the 6.1 especially on serves and backhands, but with this gem I have pinpoint placement with power on serve, and I can hit penetrating shots.
From: Martez, Hill Air Force Base, US, U.S.A. 4/11
Deciding between Luxilon Big Banger/Wilson Sensation hybrid and Volkl V-Fuse @ 55 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: I'm so glad this racquet came back to the warehouse! It has excellent control, insane power and superb plow through. It may tire my arm for using it for a week straight, but it definitely served as an extension to it. In fact, I had given up my brand new Aeropro Drive GT for another stick. Bravo Wilson, well done. I like them better than the BLXs.
From: Adir. 4/11
String type and tension: Forten Poly 16 @ 55lbs

Comments: This racquet is plain amazing. From by top spin forehand to my flat backhand, my slices, volleys, and serves, this racquet is the way to go. I tried the Head Liquid Metal, Babolat Areo Pro Cortex and wilson once again beat the competition. With the super thin beam I was able to control all my shots for pin point accuracy, then for the big winner. With its low power, anyone will be able to swing as hard as they like and still hit near the baseline. I am a 3.5 player but still highly enjoy this racquet to hit with, The K-Six one 95 his one of the heavier racquets I've used but then allows me to hit a very penetrating shot. I highly recommend this racquet for all those hit alot of spin, and hard....I love this racquet and never would go back to the other competition...way to go Wilson you done it again with a perfect Racquet.
From: Nick, North Carolina, U.S.A. 02/10
String type and tension:Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16G
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: Great stick! I would definitely recommend getting the 18x20 to give ya a little more life out of the strings. It seems a little heavy, and took about a week for my arm to get used to it. You feel like god when you hit it in the center.
From: Boom Boom, 02/10
String type and tension:58 lbs

Comments: I've had this racquet for one year, and I am very satisfied with it. I admit that it has some areas of opportunity, like the small sweet spot that does not forgive out-of-the-center hits and the elbow pain you will get if your timing is not right. However, when hitting the ball right, there is no other racquet like this one. Great control, feel, and spin. Even though the racquet has not much power and I am not a big hitter, I am still able to hit some winners once in a while. Great racquet overall.
From: Ricardo, Mexico
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16, 62 lbs

Comments: I received a demo of this racket just today through UPS, as well as the K Six-One Tour 90 and the Dunlop Aerogel 200. I must say, this one stood out. The spin capability was INCREDIBLE, especially since I use a full western grip. I was cranking balls deep into the court with awesome precision. My volleys increased ten fold. I can get a low ball with ease and slice with much back spin. My serves are much more powerful with much more spin. 10/10, a MUST DEMO!
From: Bryce, Ohio, USA 01/10

Comments: This is a great racquet with good control and solid groundstrokes. Volleying is a little more difficult for me due to the size of the head. The main problem is that this racquet is giving me a serious case of tennis elbow.
From: Denny, San Diego, CA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: 60 lbs

Comments: This racquet is so far my favorite racquet ever. I kind of bought this on a whim because I love Wilson racquets. I had previously been using the k6.1 team which I like, but it wasn't very nice on my arm and I couldn't make it work for me. This racquet how ever is very nice with my game. I use heavy topspin on my forehand and backhand and with the open string pattern it made it very easy to access the spin. My serve has always been my week point because I'm not very consistent with it but it came a lot more naturally with this racket for some reason. Forehand was very consistent when I bent my knees and swung with a lose arm. Backhand was easily my favorite shot because I found I could place it with ease. Volleys were clean and I just need to work on them more before they are amazing. all in all 9.5 out of 10 stars
From: Adam Perkins, Kansas, United States. 01/10
String type and tension: Mains: Wilson KGut 58 Crosses: Luxilon Original: 58

Comments: Great Racket with wonderful feel. Its power is easy to generate with the weight that it has. The open string pattern generates a TON of spin its crazy I use a full western grip and this racket has helped me create the types of shots how i want when I want. The only problem that I have with it is that the uhh nothing nothing at all there is nothing wrong with this racket.
From: Phil, Texas 12/09
String type and tension:56 Wilson super spin and Wilson Enduro tour

Comments: Great racket, lots of control but it is heavy. It feels good for the 1st few matches but after a while, my elbow really began to feel it. You must have good mechanics to take advantage of this racket - definitely for advanced players.
From: J.R, Bronx, NY 12/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation

Comments: Excellent racquet. I am using the Asian version so it's a bit lighter. Serving with this racquet is epic and performing spin leaves you with wonders.
From: Nicolai, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 60lbs

Comments: This racquet is great. I get so much more spin on my groundstrokes and serve than my old KBlade 98. Volleys are good. It's a little clunky at the net because of the weight. This might be because I am a freshman on my high school varsity tennis team, and I'm not that strong. The pros of this racquet are way better than they single con of this racquet. You wont be disappointed buying this racquet.
From: Stewart, Houston, Texas, United States. 11/09
String type and tension:mains-Kirschbaum spiky shark 16 at 59, crosses-Wilson Reaction 16 at 59

Comments: This is a great racquet! The pros: Excellent stability, good level of power and control if strung at right tension with poly strings. Cons: No two sticks are the same weight. I bought my first stick in April this year and its less head light (even balance) than stick I bought last week. I played with the more head light racquet last night and it feels like my tennis elbow has made a return, albeit not as bad as when I used to play with the K Blade 93.
From: Anon, Brussels, Belgium. 11/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: This racquet provides a very solid response. Evey shot feels great and you can take charge of the point. Much better than the ksix one 95 team racquet. That was way too light and not stiff. Overall Amazing racquet.
From: Matt, Grand Rapids, Michigan 11/09
String type and tension: hybrid

Comments: I'm sorry to say but this frame really has a couple of issues if you compare with previous Pro Staffs. First of all it has become too stiff, and that has made the sweet spot a tad smaller than on my Hyper pro staff carbon. The feel of the ball on impact is now also to dampened for my taste. Further it is to overpowered and unpredictable for my taste when swing'ing out full throttle. The ball bounces off the stringbed too quickly, and that makes adjustments in the hitting moment impossible. Since the introduction of the Pro Staff in the '80s, I have really loved this range and have had a lot of the different frames in this range over the years. The outstanding feature was always the predictable response. I more or less had the Wilson logo tattooed in my forehead... My guess is that Wilson with this K-factor-frame has tried to broaden the target customer by putting in more power and dampened feel. And it might be the "right" decision, but for me personally, I prefer my old Hyper Pro staff. They have more feel, more predictability, easier to put in last minute topspin with the wrist; more players stick. Upside on the K-factor might be stability, softness on the arm on impact and power, but again: that is not what I hoped to find. Finally: if you are buying more than one frame, be sure to weigh them and check that the balance is the same. The three frames I bought was quite different in both weight and balance. Please Wilson: put the old Hyper Pro Staff Carbon 6.1 back in production, with precision in weight and balance... I've only got one playable frame left...
From: John, Sweden, 09/09
String type and tension: Hybrid soft nylon cross and Babolat Hurricane mains tension 53

Comments: First off this racquet is NOT heavy at all. It's definitely "HEAVY" in racquet terms, but the head light balance makes it quite maneuverable. So don't let the weight intimidate you. Maybe if your a freshman in high school I can see why some would think it's heavy. If you're not strong enough, just hit the weight room. First thing I noticed was the POWER of this racquet, whew! TONS of plow through and stability. Because of my very long, and fast swing style, many balls sailed long on me in the beginning, but once I held back a bit and put more spin on the ball, I was in groove with my groundstrokes. Like many other reviews have said, this is an excellent racquet for serving. I could tell the weight of the frame really added more pop on my serves when compared to my other racquet. Also noticed more punch on my volleys. The frame is very rock solid at net. If you have the strength, shots, and skills, this racquet is only going to make your game better. So go get a bagful NOW!
From: Jonathan, Philadelphia, PA 09/09
String type and tension: Wilson Ultimate Duo 58 lbs

Comments: I've been only playing tennis for 2 years and I never found a racquet that has more control than the KSix-One 95. I love this racquet. It feels nice when i do my ground strokes and serves. Very consistent.
From: Mik, Sac, Ca 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 57lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet: good spin potential, a lot of power, and above average control. The swing weight is gigantic, but that gives it amazing plow. You will no be pushed around with this racquet. The one complaint I have with this racquet is the high stiffness. It gave me tennis elbow and I switched to the NSix-One 95 and my elbow problems have since gone away. So if you're elbow and shoulders can take the hit from this racquet, it's a good buy.

Comments: This is simply an exquisitely crafted racquet. Prior to my obtainment of this marvel, I was hopelessly lost when it came to the game of tennis. This miraculous racquet has endlessly aided me in my quest to surpass my excellent friend, Phun. When I came across this racquet, all my prayers were answered. With it, I was able to maintain impeccable control on my strokes whilst generating significant power. A warning to Phun, my old friend, henceforth, you shall never best me again.
From: Ferdinand, Liverpool, Great Britain. 8/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger 58

Comments: This racquet is fantastic! But first things first, I am from Hong Kong and the racquet I bought was the Asian version which only weighs lighter at 310g (10.9oz) unstrung. Nevertheless, putting some lead tape to match the stats of the European or USA versions is fine too as my coach does this with the X version of this racquet which only has a different swing weight of 30g less than the one displayed at tennis warehouse. I'm used to playing with a 105 headsize frame and switching to a 95 sq.in was really frightening. Strangely however, this actually benefited me as swinging with a smaller head size helped me generate a lot of pace on the ball due to more racquet-head speed. Even my dad, who uses the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT noticed a significant change. Plus, thanks to Wilson's new Karophite Black Technology and the slightly smaller head size, I had a lot of control on the ball which kept my balls from sailing long, unlike racquets of bigger headizes. For players on the lower side of intermediate players (like me), I do recommend stringing the racquet at 55 pounds because it balances out the control and power while still maintaining excellent feel and touch. Surprisingly, I also found that despite having a smaller headsize, I didn't find any dead spots in the racquet so it was quite forgiving. The open 16 x 18 string pattern gave me plenty of spin which kept my balls smudging the line every time. My volleys were usually stable which allowed me to end points fairly quickly.
From: anon. 08/09

Comments: I like this racquet! It is good at first, even thinking the head size maybe too small. I recommend for any player having experience because it maybe too hard for beginning players to hit with it. Good control and also for power. Sometimes when I'm playing with a friend my volleys feel so good to hit and am always winning points. Ground strokes are so powerful and accurate if you try to hit with power and accuracy. All in all this racquet is good one!
From: Phun, Akron, Ohio, USA. 08/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase, tension 58 lbs.
Headsize: 95 sq in.

Comments: At first I was afraid of the headsize (I used to use a 100sq in) but after using it it felt exactly like a 100sq in, maybe even better! Awesome on groundstrokes, slices and serves. Especially on volleys :)!
From: Keith, Vancouver 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16

Comments: Perfect combination of SPIN & POWER, Great on VOLLEYS, AMAZING racquet for SERVING!!! Get this racquet! The best ever!
From: Gabriel, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu @ 58

Comments: Love that it's head light and it makes it easy the maneuverability quite easy. The sweet spot is pretty average but the feeling on hitting it just right is great. As a player racquet it is truly about control and with the right strokes this thing will do anything you want. It's on the heavy side most definitely but unless you're swinging this stick for 3 hours you won't be troubled. Great groundstrokes, precise serving, and great for experienced players and people looking to get better, A LOT better.
From: Ken, Toronto, Canada. 7/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane (Main) Babolat Xcel (Cross) 56lbs.

Comments: Been playing with this racquet for about 2 years and its a great frame. It definitely requires solid ground strokes but I have never played with a frame that is so solid through the hitting zone. Contact feels great every time and it offers the option to hit kick, slice, and flat serves all very well. Would highly recommend it.
From: Judd, Grand Rapids, MI, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Prince Tour Mains, gut crosses

Comments: I upgraded from a Pure Drive (PD) and love the solid feel from this stick. With the PD, returning a heavy serve or volley meant the racquet spinning in my hand - it just couldn't handle anything hit hard. With this racquet it never budges and feels like a hot knife through butter. Going up in weight plus a smaller head size was a bit of an adjustment, but the more you play with it the more comfortable it becomes. You will need to have solid ground strokes and great preparation to wield this one - lack of solid strokes will result in a poorly returned ball. The open string bed closely resembled the PD so generating spin isn't an issue. The only CON would be when out of position or stretching out for the ball or trying to make a last second adjustment, the weight of the racquet prohibits vs. the PD. Overall great stick, if frustrated, give it time and you will become a believer. One wish, make the head slightly larger for us 4.5ers...
From: Rob, Atlanta, GA
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g 55#'s

Comments: This racquet is great until it fatigues, then it's too flexible and power is too tough to generate. Still a good touch/feel racquet, but I miss the feel from when I strung it the first time (when I bought it) the crispness, I may/may not get a new one.
From: anon. 06/09

Comments: A very great and versatile racquet. The cosmetic looks great with a Tournagrip. I like this stick with VS Gut 17, it gives good spin and control. I found this stick to be better suited to smooth serve and volleying. Big hitting baseliners can find this racquet to be a good partner as well. There's useful pop and control is spot on. I added lead to the head @ 3 and 9 and a substantial amount under the handle. Great racquet for everyone.

Comments: This is definitely the best racquet I've ever owned! It's a beautifully balanced racquet that affords super control. This racquet has been perfect for my all-court game. It has a generous sweet spot, and it's rock solid on ground strokes, volleys, and serves. It is a player's racquet, which means you have to generate your own power and use proper swing fundamentals.
From: Bill, Eustis, Florida, USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 17, medium tension

Comments: Too light. The response outside of the sweet spot is very dead, something I experienced a lot when taking a rip at returns. I string all with gut and still had trouble getting pace because of the lack of any heft. The Kps88 is much more reliable. I did really enjoy hitting serves, because the light weight and maneuverability really helped me get good kick and slice, also the open string pattern assisted me when flattening out for the big one up the middle. :-) Okay racquet, I just need something with more heft.
From: Parker, TX, USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat vs gut 16 58/56

Comments: Just bought two of these and love them. I am still adjusting to the weight as I switched from a lighter frame, but love the feel. The racquet is so solid from all areas of the court. Love the groundstrokes with this one. o doubt the most solid frame I have ever tried.
From: Greg, Boynton Beach, FL, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Gamma syn, 58

Comments: I've used this racquet for 2+ years and it is positively the best frame I've ever hit with. This racquet does demand a powerful swing. It definitely will not do the work for you. It is heavy, stiff, and requires a precise stroke. Not trying to belittle anyone, but those having tennis elbow problems should check their groundstrokes or use a lighter more flexible frame.
From: Mike, Jacksonville, FL, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon, 55

Comments: This is by far the best racquet I've ever used. It is a control racquet, but also has a good amount of power. I use a hybrid of Signum Pro Poly Plasma mains and Babolat Super Fine Play crosses at 60lb and it works like a charm.
From: Matt, California, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Signum PPP + Babolat SFP 60lb

Comments: Hi Henry in Montevideo. I am using a combination of the Tecnifibre NRG (for the crosses) and Tecnifibre Red Code on my Wilsons KSix-ones. Works very good. Try it for a good feel and durability. Cheers, Adam!
From: Adam, Spain. 05/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG and Red Code

Comments: Just hit with this stick and all I can say is WOW!! Great spin, great power, control and touch. Best suited to 4.5+ level players.
From: Nick, Ft. Lauderdale, USA, 04/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre red code 17, 57 lbs

Comments: I think this is a great stick. I have been using the K-90 for several years now and wanted to see if this racquet would give a little more pop on serve. It certainly does have more power than the K-90, but not quite as much feel and control. Noticeably stiffer. Overall, a fair trade to get more free, quick points on serve and more power with less effort. Take a little off the groundstrokes and the ball will stay in. Volleys are great and on par with the K-90 (except for the drop volley!). No racquet does all things perfectly well, but this is pretty close.
From: Anon, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: Prince synth gut 60#

Comments: I bought two of these three months ago and I cannot find the right string and tension. I felt very comfortable with my former ncodes 6.1 using polys 16 at 56lbs, but although the Ks feel even more stable and solid than the ncodes, the Kfactors are turning me miserable. I agree with most of the people here that this racquet is second to none at serves and volleys. I hit flat, slice and kick serves more easily than before and my volleys are solid-rock. However, I can't recover my consistent ground strokes with these. I guess that it's a matter of strings / tension. I tried different polys 16 at 56, 54 and 52lbs, and this week I was playing with 48lbs... and I'm not even close. Will change gauge and then try to synthetics, which I was avoiding due to string break (I'm play with heavy top spin both sides and second serves)... will see. Cheers!
From: Henry, Punta del Este, Maldonado, Uruguay. 04/09
String type and tension: several...

Comments: Very pleased to buy this racquet. Nice spin potential and great serve are benefits of this monster, but some problems on the volleys are occurred with my play. Maybe in the future will improve when I get used to it everyone should find the right strings for this monster. It gives the best precision and power; think of getting some polyester strings to reduce the power of this racquet..will see..but finally I give all credit to Wilson. The feeling and spin of the ksix doesn't compare to any other racquets.
From: Alen, CROATIA, Zagreb. 04/09
String type and tension: Wilson sensation 16

Comments: So I demoed this stick for two hours, and I completely agree with every comment about the phenomenal control, spin, power, and plow-through. The stability on volleys and groundstrokes is very impressive. I felt like a surgeon at the net. The only problem was I woke up the next morning with tennis elbow, and I've never had tennis elbow in 19 years of playing. Took me a week just to recover. After searching the Tennis Warehouse forums, I discovered this racket has a reputation for being an arm breaker - quite a few K95 users have developed elbow or shoulder injuries.
From: Anon, CA, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: Wilson sensation 16 58lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Wow, if you are predominantly a baseliner with a relatively compact swing with good drive through the ball, oh my gosh bee-geebers, go out and get a bag full of these tomorrow! The stability of this racket going through the ball is amazing. I have owned that spot 6 inches from the baseline with this stick. Nice spin, great control. My 2hbh is coming along very nicely, but is still in "coming along" mode and with this racket even an occasional off-center strike still puts the ball deep. Your opponent can hit the ball as hard as they want and this racket will laugh at them! I did find the racket very stable and precise volleying as well, although a bit slow maneuvering. It says it is balanced 8 pts head light, but it feels like much of that weight is way out on the head. The only real issue I had was with serving. My main gun is still the PSC 6.1-95, not the lightest racket on the planet, but I found getting the K-factor comfortably through my service motion a bit of a chug. And even felt a little twinge in the elbow after a few pounds -- and my elbow never hurts. When I did get good contact it was as awesome as everything else it did. Amazing control and solid power. This is one very sweet racket, BY FAR the best of all the rackets I demoed (our group has had a demo-fest over the past couple weeks), if I was a bit younger and stronger I would already have my order in for a couple K-factor 16x18's ------ may still.
From: Kurt, Ridgecrest, CA, USA, 04/09
NTRP Rating: Old 4.0

Comments: Oh my gosh, I love this racquet. I got it on Wednesday (from my pro shop) and have loved it. I played a match with it minutes after getting strings put on it and immediately won 6-3, 6-2, 6-4. Keep in mind that this was a BRAND NEW racquet, no break in period. Feels great on volleys, great on groundstrokes, nice control and good spin potential. My serve became 3x faster after only ONE HOUR of playing with it. I would DEFINITELY recommend it to any ADVANCED player looking to really get serious and get a racquet worthy of their skill. I'm 14 and I stepped up from a 110 sq. in Head Agassi Extreme XL beginner's racquet.
From: Siddharth, Cary, NC, United States of America. 3/09
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina 16L
NTRP Rating: 4.0 (on a bad day), 4.5 (on a good day)

Comments: This is a great racquet. Great comfort, power and control. This racquet boosted the level of my game a lot, my backhand became much better.

Comments: This racquet is absolutely amazing! A friend of mine let me hit with his and it was HEAVEN! You do have to find the right string, but once done you will be hitting angles with ease. I will be ordering mine soon. GET THIS racquet.
From: Marcus, Lexington, NC, USA. 3/09

Comments: If you're thinking about buying this racquet definitely go for it. You have to be a somewhat advanced player, but this racquet has great control due to the right amount of stiffness and the handle-heavy balance gives extra pace on serves and depth on slices/volleys. I am a advanced junior player and I highly recommend this racquet.
From: Ben, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough 16 gauge/58 lbs

Comments: For the legions of players who, like me, have been loyal to the 6.1 line in all its incarnations: Fear not. This will play like an old friend. As you know, each one had its trade-offs. This one trades a bit of the solid feel of the NCode for a bit more pop and a bit more feel. It also plays just a bit lighter. But all the differences are slight. It's still the same heavy-but- head-light, control-oriented frame we've known and loved. I played great with it the first time--whispered "Wow" to myself a couple of times. But the best things about this racquet are not what has changed, but what hasn't. I'm about to order my second.
From: Len, Indiana. 2/09
String type and tension: Gosen Sheep Micro 17 60lb

Comments: Demoed this racquet for about an hour. Good overall but too powerful and stiff for my taste.
From: AAA, NY, NY. 2/09
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: Very stable with a lot of control, I liked it. I play with the Pro Staff original 95, which I love and this one is somewhat similar but I didn't like the high swingweight. For some reason it's higher than the heavier K-90 so that's a little strange. But good frame, if you're used to using a 12oz frame or heavier, you will definitely love the feel and the way this thing hits.

Comments: Until I found this racquet I had never realized my potential. I hit one ball with this racquet while I was demoing it and haven't touched another racquet since. This is the best racquet on the planet in my opinion. The best combination of solid feel, precision, and pop for punishing serves and approach shots in a racquet that I have ever played with. You do have to find the correct stings to suit your game, however. But as soon as you do your opponents will be begging for mercy.
From: Doug, Stuart, Florida, U.S. 2/09
String type and tension:Synthetic gut hybrid @ 58/62 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0; big server with a heavy forehand, a precise backhand, and a "touch" net game

Comments: This is the best racquet ever! I love it it has a very nice feel to it but it does not grip the ball whatsoever. I decided to make a hybrid of Babolat Addiction and Wilson Super Spin and it works perfect. If you have the money then buy it you will not be disappointed. Breaking strings is not a problem for this racquet.
From: Anon, Lincoln, NE, USA. 2/09
String type and tension:60
NTRP Rating:6.0

Comments: This racquet was an instant improvement for me switching from the KBlade98. At first I could notice the headsize change, but after some practice it's not noticeable. The racquet fells very sturdy and is very easy to swing, allowing you to put consistent power and accuracy on nearly all shot, be it forehand, backhand, serve, or volley.
From: Coty, River, KY, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 @ 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Very solid feel through the ball and 16x18 pattern is good for spin generation. The racquet 1st had Wilson NXT and it felt very nice at approx. 55lbs but quickly broke and I restrung with Enduro at 51 lbs. Tension loss after a couple rounds was too much and racquet had too much power (string issue not racquet). With the right string and tension this racquet has a great balance between power, control, and spin. Most impressed with solid feel through the ball at high swing speeds and return of serves. Serve had a lot of power and action too!!!
From: Darryl, Atlanta, GA. 2/09
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro 17G at 51 lbs.

Comments: Great racquet. I'm a high school player and it offers good control. A lot of people say that it is too heavy, but I think you just have to have the muscle to use it.
From: Anon, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: 65lbs

Comments: VERY TRUE TO THE HERITAGE. I got the original 6.1 in 1992, my 1st ever good racquet and I still have it. Have played with tons of sticks over the years till I finally got the K 6-1 team (16X18) as I missed the old, reliable feel of the Pro Staff Classic. In many ways, the 6.1 has changed, the K6-1 is more user friendly, a bit lighter to swing so I guess some of the reviewers here were disappointed as it feels less "solid". But I totally love it! The balance is the key, very head light in a regular weighted racquet has been the appeal of Wilson Pro Staff frames down the years and in that respect, this one delivers. One old review said of the hitting area of the original PS Class that it was "lively and reliable" and this is the 2nd big benefit that is retained in the K6-1. I compared it to my existing stick at that time, the nBlade 106 and even though the headsize is significantly larger, the K6-1 actually plays "easier." Very very satisfied with this stick. It totally lives up to the proud heritage in a more user friendly package. Well done, Wilson!
From: D, X. 1/09
String type and tension: Toalson Hybrid

Comments: Awesome racquet... Amazing control, I was getting balls out because the tension was way to low for me, I string at 60, 62. And my serves were just perfect so more consistent, more power, and more spin. Volleys were ok. Backhand wasn't the best maybe that's just me...

Comments: I did a lot of research before purchasing this racquet and I really like it. I actually bought it for my little brother who plays varsity tennis in high school. I could really tell a difference when he used it. He wasn't used to the headsize but from the other reviews I've read it's easy to get used to. He also likes to put a spin on the ball and I could see a big difference from his old racquet. I am more of a power hitter and I loved the racquet the second I tried it. I really didn't notice the headsize that much; whenever I hit the ball, it always felt solid and like I hit the sweetspot every time. A lot of people say that it weighs a ton but it doesn't really feel like it unless you really think about it. I like it because you feel like your in more control when you hit it your hardest, it doesn't feel like its hollow and made of plastic. My brother said it feels heavier but he's not as big as me and likes to swing a little slower to put a spin on the ball. I can't really tell a difference. Either way the racquet works perfect and I would recommend it for everyone. Hopefully this helped a little.
From: anonymous, IN, USA. 1/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 and tension is 55+2
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: In answer to Gon, Spain, I have no string breaking problems, I have to say that it is a player problem and not a racquet problem if the strings are breaking repeatedly. I love this racquet it very solid on volleys and groundstrokes. It has nice pop on the serve. To utilize this racquet to its fullest extent I suggest that you have good stroke work. You do have to generate your own power. Even if you don't have the best strokes this racquet will help you develop better strokes. Buy this racquet.
From: Clinton, Marion, IA. 1/09
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut, 57lbs

Comments: Hello! I've been thinking in buying this racquet, but after reading the reviews I've see that there is some people that have problems with the strings because it's broken very easily. Is this problem of the racquet or depends on the technique of the player?
From: Gon, Spain. 1/09
String type and tension:60 lbs

Comments: Great racquet! Really good for serving and groundstrokes. Volleying is a little difficult at first if you are not used to the headsize. I used a small headsize previously so I was already adjusted to it. Only problem I had with this racquet was the strings broke very easily. I played with the racquet for only an hour, and the strings broke from an overhead. Then next week they broke again when I hit a strong forehand. So if you hit hard with a lot of spin you might consider a racquet with a more dense string pattern to avoid constant strings breaking. All in all it's a great racquet and I really like it!! TW Note: You can also try a more durable string or hybrid with a more durable string in the mains on your regular string in the crosses.
From: Anonymous. 1/09
String type and tension: WilsonNXT 16 @ 55lbs.
Headsize:95sq in
NTRP Rating:High School Player

Comments: Firstly, I own a ProStaff 6.1 Classic (1995) and sorry, but this racquet DOES NOT feel or hit like PS 6.1. I tried various tensions and strings with this racquet and cannot find the sweet spot since the summer of 2008. Secondly, yes it has more spin potential but I lost a lot of control compared to my old PS 6.1. The US version is darn HEAVY (and I am 6'7"/220 Russian), very unfriendly near net for me. Thirdly, as some people already stated you need to swing fast to make it over the net, yes it sometimes produces nice hits but only on perfect swings at full power. Forthly, the best strings I've tried so far with it are Wilson Natural Gut combo X:16L/59lb M:17L/55lb ($35, gone after 2 weeks).
From: Tarabasik, Newport Beach, CA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16L @ 58lb
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0 Club style, non-pro

Comments: Great racquet only issues are the stiffness of the frame is hard on my arm especially when coming from a very flexible racquet. The weight is fairly manageable, and the solid feel spin I get from this racquet really is something but I'm going have to drop the 16x18 and try the 18x20 because strings just don't last in this racquet. I'm ripping a set of string in a day with it.

Comments:Okay I will keep this feedback short and sweet. The stiffness and headlightness of this racquet make for solid volleys and serves, and a lot of pop on groundstrokes. The weight on this racquet is deceiving because the racquet is so headlight; it is very maneuverable. Do not be afraid to buy the K95, it's the best racquet out there.

Comments:I hit with this racquet for two hours today and my first impression was yes, it is a powerful racquet. I had been playing with a Head Prestige Pro, but as soon as I picked up this racquet my shots were going long. I'm using Babolat VS Team 17 Natural Gut @ 60 lbs., so that probably adds to the liveliness of it. Pretty quickly I was able to dial in my shots, and a big factor in that is that this really is an easy racquet to generate spin with. The Six-One 95 16x18 does in fact have easy access to spin, without a doubt. Again, this was probably helped by using 17 gauge natural gut, but I use that same string and tension in other racquets and definitely don't get the topspin that this racquet creates. Another first impression was that slice backhands are deadly with this racquet - they just felt great and I was able to place them with ease. As for serves, again with the racquet generating spin so easily, I was able to kick my second serve better than other racquets. Volleys felt very solid, and at 12.3 oz. strung, it feels very maneuverable. The high weight and swing weight of it only made it feel solid, but didn't make it feel unwieldy. Service returns felt very solid; no issues there. One thing I don't like about lighter racquets with larger head size is that when you have to really dig for a shot, some racquets just don't have it. But a smaller head size and higher weight I feel really helps with the stability you need when you are really digging for a shot, and this racquet felt great in that regard. Overall, I came away with a very positive first impression hitting for two hours with it. Although, it is tempting to go with the 18x20 version because the 16x18 is a bit too powerful at times. I would hate to lose the ability to generate spin that this racquet clearly has.
From: Craig, Charlotte, NC, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Babolat VS Natural Team Gut 17 @ 60 lbs.

Comments: I've been playing the 6.1 line since the Classic was introduced in the early 90's, and used the original ProStaff before that. If you like to punish the ball on serves and groundies, look no further than the K95. It was made for crushing a tennis ball. Just use a smooth controlled stroke and the watch the ball go right where you aim. I string it tight with syngut at 63lbs.
From: Keith, Richmond, VA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Gosen Micro 16g, 63lbs, (one piece stringing only, IMPORTANT!)

Comments: Great racquet overall. A little powerful at some points but great with a poly string job.
From: Abe, Fort Worth, Texas, USA. 11/08
String type and tension: Wilson enduro gold 16-58lbs

Comments: Great overall racquet! A little headlight for me, put lead tape on the head for a more solid response.
From: Bob, CA, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat vs. Natural gut

Comments: Best racquet out there. Great for volleys and serves. Do not be afraid to get this bad boy.

Comments: This racquet was the best I ever tried. It has very good control and power. I like heavy racquets so this was perfect for me. The string does not break that often because I use Prince PolyBlend with it strung at 62 tension. I would recommend this to other players.
From: Rahul, Northville, Michigan, USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Prince PolyBlend and 62 tension
Headsize: 95 square inches

Comments: First of all don't be afraid of the weight of this racquet because the balance is very head light so the stick feels pretty light in hand and very maneuverable. Also I compared this racquet with Liquid Metal Radical, and all I can say is that this stick is way more forgiving, you can swing much slower with this one and the ball will still go with nice pace since the weight of the racquet will do all for you... Less demanding than Radical. I saw some comments that this racquet has no feel, well I have it strung at 55 and am using dampener and there is still plenty of feel. You can generate a lot of spin also. Some players who used to play with 18x20 will find that this racquet has too much power, but just add a little spin and that's. Just like to to add that this stick is stable like truck.
From: Vook, SR. 8/08
String type and tension: head c3, 55lbs

Comments: As I started getting really interested in tennis and joined USTA group lessons, I switched from the Head Liquidmetal 8 to the KFour midplus. I played pretty well with it for awhile but as I improved I couldn't hit as hard with the large headsize without the worry of having my shots go out. This also applied to my serve. I switched to this racquet about 2 weeks ago, and I love the control and feel. It took 2 days to get used to the weight but when you do I played great. Solid hitting, awesome control and feel.
From: Sam, New York. 8/08
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut 57lbs
Headsize: K Factor K6-1 95 16x18
NTRP Rating: 4?

Comments: This racquet in no way is a great racquet. Don�t know what many of the previous reviewers are talking about when they say how good it is. I have played tennis all of my life and grew up in Europe and I know quite a bit about tennis racquets (of course I am not trying to take away anyone's perception of the racquet and this review does not apply to those players). Lots of players in my club have switch from it to something else. Objectively speaking and first of all, the last versions of this racquet had a lot more feel than this one. Second, it is difficult to maneuver (feels very heavy) and tough to whip around. Once your arm gets tired you are done hitting good shots with it. Third, It is also very stiff. There are a lot of other better racquets than this one out there. I bought two of these without trying them thinking that they would feel similar to the old versions, but that was not the case. Hopefully the next one will be better.
From: Fernando, Dallas, TX, USA, 08/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Original, 60 lbs

Comments: Fantastic overall racquet! I felt "tightly" coordinated using this racquet, almost like a pro. My groundstrokes had immense "weight" and precision. Volleys were sweet as the weight of the racquet made hard shots easy to deflect. This racquet is surprisingly powerful, in fact it may even be slightly too powerful than I may have hoped personally, however a higher string tension with the great spin potential helps. The big plus would have to be the serve as the racquet felt lighter than I expected yet it crushes the ball-even when I don't swing that fast I could still serve bombs-amazing! This racquet is also very, very stable even in hard hitting conditions, I found it especially helpful hitting against opponents who generate tons of topspin. All things considered, this racquet is a definite upgrade compared to the previous models (ncode etc.)
From: anon, Auckland, New Zealand. 7/08
String type and tension: 52 pounds Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: I demoed this one along with Fischer M Speed Pro Number One, and the Fischer is noticeably lighter and more maneuverable, which also means I can get more racquet head speed. I thought that since the Fischer swings lighter it wouldn't be as stable as this Wilson, but it's miraculously not true. I hit with both one after another and I honestly can't tell a difference in stability and that plow-through feel, but since I can swing the Fischer faster, I get more pop and spin on serve and get more backhands back in play. Anyone who wants to buy this Wilson should demo the Fischer first. Also, the Fischer has a no tolerance guarantee, which states that all racquets with this guarantee will weight exactly the same, to the gram. That is fantastic!
From: Derek, SF, CA. 6/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 TW prestrung tension
Headsize: 95 16X18

Comments: Great racquet. It produces a ton of spin, which is a good thing if you're the player who swings for the fence. I thought it would be a little heavy for me but it wasn't. I know why this is the number 1 selling racquet in the world.
From: Samuel, 06/08