Weiss CANNON Silverstring 17 (1.20) String Customer feedback

Comments: This string has good comfort and feel for a poly especially at net. The Silverstring is a very good all around string and is very dependable on hard hits.The only time I got this "linear response" on hard hits was with VS Tonic natural gut. After about 25 hours of hiting they are starting to lose tension -- good enough for me. I would classify these strings along with Volkl Cyclone Yellow 1.30 and Signum Pro plasma Hextreme as exceptional value for money co-polys. Strung in the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Plus at 54 lbs.

Comments: I always compare my new string setup to WC Silverstring. They have been the gold standard to beat. I have tried at least twenty different polys and synthetic hybrids, but WCS in the crosses and Kirshbaum Spiky Shark in the mains has been the dream all along. I have to stop looking and just stay with this. WCS gives me the control and pop where KSS gives the spin (killer spin). I tried KSS with other synthetics, solo, etc.. and WCS makes the difference. I play with a Dunlop 200 Aerogel Tour 95 and the strings are at 55/57 lbs. They rock!!!

Comments: I'll try another string now and then but always come back to this one. It has superb playability and the best tension maintenance I've come across in any poly.

Comments: Definitely the best co-poly I've tried. Had some wrist issues with others even as hybrid (Signum Pro Poly-Plasma, MSV Focus Hex, Luxilon ALU Power), but this Silverstring is amazing. Great control, plays well right up to when it breaks, and surprisingly comfortable for a poly. I could take swings and get really nice feel while still getting a really nice pop. Definitely going to stick with this for a while. Strung it on a Wilson K-factor 95 16x18 at 52lbs on mains with Gosen OG 56 lbs on crosses.
From: Jason, 11/11

Comments: This is absolutely the best string I've ever used. I give it a 10/10 for power, feel, spin, and control. This string has it all!

Comments: This is an awesome string. I typically use it at 50 lbs on my Prince Tour Diablo Mid - works like a charm. Decided to try MSV Focus Hex 17 on a whim and came back to Weiss Cannon in a hurry, after just one hit. So don't fix it if it ain't broke! It is a shade better than Topspin Cyberflash 1.25 also. The only one I haven't tried is Signum Poly Pro Plasma.
From: SKA, 8/11

Comments: I went on a big string safari in May and my game really suffered but June has been great since switching to these. Great feel at the net, nice on the arm and decent spin. Maybe just a tad too much power but that comes in handy on serves and is controllable since it is a responsive string. If you are an all courter and want a string with no weaknesses but great feel yet still a co-poly, try this.
From: John. 6/11

Comments: Great string! It is very arm-friendly and I highly recommend it to flat hitters and baseliners who enjoy control oriented strings. The most outstanding feature of Silverstring is tension durability! You have to try it.
From: Christian, 09/10

Comments: Played with this string for the first time today in a Doubles Tournament Final and won. I string my own racquets and experiment a lot with different strings and tensions. From the first hit warming-up I realized it was going to be a good day. The blend of power, control, and comfort was exemplary. I highly recommend you give it a try. String tension was set at 54 pounds on a Volkl Classic V1.
From: Fred, Salem, SC, USA

Comments: Fantastic string! I normally use a natural gut/Luxilon big banger alu combo but I was looking up something less expensive when I came across this string. This string plays just as well as my gut/alu combo, but obviously durability was higher than the nat gut. Excellent control, durability and tension stability, amazing comfort for a co-poly, and good power and spin. Has a nice crisp feel at impact. This will be my new string of choice for a long time, as I played in my first tournament with this string and performed much better than ever before!
From: Jeffrey, Atlanta, Georgia, USA 03/10
NTRP: 5.0
RACQUET: Wilson K Blade Tour
STRING TENSION: 58/58 lbs

Comments: I have tried quite a few string which I have trouble finding the control I am looking for. Some have the control I want but its too stiff for my arm. Finally after reading the review here and I decided to give this string a try. And true enough, its one of the best poly I have tried. I am not trying to promote this string but I just want to let people know that this is really a control string that are gentle on your arm and have nice feel and the tension maintenance is superb. Forget other poly string. I am using K90 and I use this as main and I use cheap Gosen OG Sheep 17-gauge for the main and this is really a very perfect setup for me as this Gosen string is cheap and durable. You will REGRET if you tried it because you will blame yourself why you never tried it much earlier on. So tried it. Highly recommend it
From: Wayne, YCK, Singapore 01/10

Comments: This is a very special string. It amazes me that so few pro shops know about it. In my k90 and Vantage frames, this string allows me to hit very, very hard and maintain control. That sounds like a canned review, but let me explain. Volkl Cyclone 18g, for example, gives up on hard hits with my heavy sticks, it trampolines and slingshots. The Silverstring does not. Like gut it maintains a linear response even on hard hits, whereas lesser strings will surprise you on hard hits with a slingshot of uncontrollable power that you didn't expect. Excellent string for hard spinny hitters, excellent string for those with heavy player's rackets which can ask too much of lesser spongy strings. Think about how cheap nylon strings are fine when rallying at 50%, but when you hit HARD they are uncontrollable. Well Silverstring allows you to hit hard, but are still relatively arm-friendly AND maintain tension for much longer than anything else I have ever used. I have won matches with these strings that I could not have won with anything less.
From: Morganfield, Los Angeles, California 01/10
Ntrp 4.0

Comments: Played with these string in my Babolat pd. What an awesome string. These strings provide awesome spin and great control and pace to your game style. Very durable string, would recommend for anyone who has a good spin and baseline game. Very similar to Luxilon bb alu power.
From: Luke, 10/09
nrtp rating: 4.5

Comments: (I'm comparing these to MSV Focus Hex & Luxilon Original.) Yup. These strings are the bomb. I tried them because I was looking for maximum dwell time (go to the "University" at Tenn.Warehouse and select "String Comparisons.") These have among the highest dwell time for those tested. There's that "cup" and "thock" factor these strings squarely have. They are impressively accurate, provide major rip topspin, have superior volley feel, have a soft feel even on the hardest hit groundstrokes. (Tension maintenance is said to be outstanding, but haven't used them long enough to comment.) I know I sound like a commercial. I've found a great string and wanted to share my thoughts. I just hope my opponents don't find them. :0)
From: Steve, Davis CA 09/09

Comments: I am a long time Luxilon Timo 17 user. I was looking for a replacement string to better my budget. Based on the review here I got this string and disappointingly, I must say that is not as good as luxilon TIMO 17. This string at 58lbs (same tension I string with TIMO 17), I found that less feel, less power, less control, I hit 1 hrs, and my arm is hurting. Not a good replacement for Luxilon TIMO 17. I will try SPPP next.
From: Ken, CA, USA. 05/09

Comments: This string is the best out there now; power,spin are amazing. I can hit flat when I am jammed up or with spin. This string can do it all, even when you mis-hit the ball tends to go in. I have tried MSV focus hex, Gamma TNT, Kirschbaum pro line II, Super smash, Pro hurricane from Babolat, Super smash spiky Signum pro, but none has given me what this string gives, control! all you have to do is provide the pace. I strung at 59 and I use K-Factor 95 16X18.
From: Carlos, Palmdale, CA 04/09

Comments: The Silverstring is the best poly string on the market by far, and I have tried a lot of them. It is a joy to hit with. Excellent feel and control. Uniquely comfortable and it holds playability longer than I expected. The overall experience is superior. Strongly recommend.
From: Nathaniel, Minneapolis, MN USA. 11/08

Comments: If your looking for a string that has great maintenance of tension this is your string! It does hold its tension longer than any string I have ever tried. And it's fantastic in regard to control. It took me a few sessions but once I got used to this control string I started playing very well. It feels a bit boardy and stiff but it is still comfortable. The only thing is it does not have a lot of power even at a somewhat low tension (56lbs.). I'm going to try Klip 18g gut in the crosses to see if that gives it more power while still keeping it's great spin and control.
From: John, Riverside, CA, USA, 11/08

Comments: The string is ok. Nothing special. I liked the firmness for the first few hours. Then the tension quickly dropped. Power is about the same as Cyber Flash. But it did not maintain its playing properties for a long time so I think I will stick with Pro Supex Big Ace.
From: Stan, 10/08

Comments: For the last 2 years I have used them all.... WCSS 120 Plays similar to PS BAM but more comfortable and holds playability longer for tension maintenance comfort, spin this is clearly one of if not the best.
From: PJON, USA. 8/08

Comments: I agree with all of the positive feedback here. This is the best co-poly strings that I have tried. Power and control are both present and yes - you can take a big cut at the ball and it still goes in. Groundstrokes, serves, and volleys all felt solid. It is easy on the arm and shoulder and plays very nicely as a hybrid. Highly recommend! I strung WC in the mains at 63# and Forten Sweet 17g at #65 in the crosses on a Dunlop M-Fil 300.
From: Scott, Dallas, TX, USA, 07/08

Comments: Tried this string and disliked it right from the start. It was stiff and had no control. I might try some of the other polys from this line, but this wasn't the greatest experience for me.
From: John, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. 6/08

Comments: My new preferred string. Touch, feel, and comfort comparable to natural gut. Power, spin, and durability comparable to ALU Power. Holds tension longer than any string I have played. Why use anything else?
From: Jason, Marietta, Ga, The States. 6/08
60 pounds on Aero Pro Drive w-cortex

Comments: I used to play with ALU Power, but I got arm problems. So, I started my research with the only goal of finding a string with similar capabilities but that's arm friendly. After years of trying (multis, polys, nylon, natural gut, you name it - I tried it) I decided to go with a hybrid Babolat Tonic/Signum Pro Poly Plasma. I kept trying to find strings that offer the same power, spin, feel and durability. So, I decided to try this Silverstring 1.20. It is the first time I can say that a poly feels the same as natural gut (again this is how I feel and I know that what feels good for some players, could feel totally awful for others). Natural gut has more feeling around the net, but you can get clearly better spin out of the Silverstring for both groundstrokes and serves. I totally recommend it. I am sure that this string will satisfy the needs of at least 75% of the players out there ranked 4.5+ Note: don't give up after the first trial, try to adjust the tension, as usually this is all someone might need to get the best out of a racquet - string combination.
From: B, Seattle, WA. 5/08
K-factor tour 90, 60lbs, 5.0 all court player

Comments: Some co-poly strings, like Luxilon ALU, have a tendency to drop tension quickly. As you know club level players do not notice the playability loss (the pros sure do!) and continue playing on the string well past its effective string life, sometimes until they break. Not this string! This string is one of the most powerful co-polymers on the market today. Powerful and comfortable. Is great as a hybrid. I love this string. Please try also Topspin Cyber Power, another great string with same results.
From: Jan, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Power hybrid @57lb on Dunlop Aerogel 200

Comments: I hate to sound a negative note amid all the adulation, but I did not like this string very much. I strung at 55 pounds compared to my usual 60 pounds typically (as recommended), on a Volkl V1. I had trouble keeping the ball in, and the strings felt very "boardy" and "stiff." I did, however, like how the string did not shift around. I'm a 4-4.5 USTA player.
From: George, San Jose, CA, USA. 12/07

From: George, San Jose, CA, USA. 12/07

Comments: I've tried Signum Pro Poly Plasma, Topspin Cyberflash, Kirschbaum Pro Line 2, and Luxilon Big Banger, and none of them compare to this string. It's comfortable and lets you take HUGE cuts on the ball. Topspin serves and groundstrokes are a dream with this racquet, and my backhand slice has more bite than ever. I use this string in the mains and Forten Sweet 16g in the crosses of my racquet, and it's the greatest thing in the world. Even if you don't hybrid string, I would still recommend these strings to anybody who hasn't found what they want in previous poly strings.
From: Kevin, USA. 11/07

Comments: As a stringer I have tried most of the high-end co-polys and this ranks near the top, if not the top. Don't be fooled by all the hype that Luxilon gets, there are many other co-polys selling for less that offer much better performance and value. Try it!
From: Mark, Monterey, CA, USA, 10/07

Comments: I am a USTA 5.0 Player. I have used several brands of 18 gauge Copolymer strings brands such as Wilson Enduro Pro 18, Luxilon Timo 18, and Wilson Reaction 17. I have 3 Wilson K Factor KSix Team racquets that are strung with the Copolymers in the main and VS tour gut 17 in the crosses on a Babolat Star 5 machine . This string will give you the Federer control and power you have been looking for. It's simply amazing the feel and control you will get. I am very pleased by its overall maintenance of tension and durability. I have over 20 hours on a 18 gauge string and use a lot of topspin on my serve and ground strokes, give it a try I think you will be surprisingly pleased.
From: Christopher, Atlanta, Georgia, United States. 10/07

Comments: This is the best string I have ever used. Way easier on the arm than Luxilon, better string tension holding that Kirchbaum Touch Turbo and fantastic control and spin. You have to try this.
From: Dan, Redding, CT, USA, 07/07

Comments: The best string on the market. It has just as much power and retains tension just as good as sppp. But it has more feel and better control than sppp. It has a crisp feel, amazing power, and an overall playability that's as good as almost any string on the market. Its durability is great, 50+ hours and no signs of it breaking any time soon. I don't think I'll cut it out yet, still life left in them. Recommended to everyone.
From: Will, Chicago, IL, USA. 7/07

Comments: Put this in my Head PT57 A (Pro Tour pj) at 22/21 and played a couple sets of doubles with it this morning. Hit more lines with my topspin forehand than usual so something had to be up. My guess is the strings had something to do with it. Excellent pop with control, spin, and comfort. Is this the best string ever? Hard to say but it's pretty good stuff. Highly recommended!
From: Tom, Canton, OH, USA. 7/07

Comments: The absolute best copolymer currently available, bar none! Fantastic feel, dynamite control, and playability that lasts. Hard to ask for anything more from a string.
From: Jake, MA, USA. 5/07

Comments: Best string ever made. Beats Luxilon and S.P.P.P and Topspin Cyberflash pretty easily with its control, tension maintenance, spin, feel.
From: Campbell, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA. 5/07