Comments: What a surprise for me to find a pair of minimalist shoes that fit my feet comfortably. I had to try on five models before I found these beauties. I have a wide foot which creates many woes when it comes to footwear. Just wanted to let you know that I am very happy with my purchase.
From: Lolita, 9/13

Comments: I have worn NB almost exclusively for many years. I like these shoes. I found them to be a little stiff out of the box but they held up well for me. I do think they run a half size small, so when I ordered a second pair, I ordered up in size.
From: Allison, 8/13

Comments: I have worn out many pairs of these shoes. They are comfortable right out of the box. I always wear Thorlo (thicker) socks so I order a half size bigger. I did notice below, however, another customer with the odd squeak in the left shoe. I have had this problem also, until the last pair I got. It seems to have no squeaks. Glad to know it is not my foot!
From: Cathy, 7/13

Comments: I disliked the 803 shoe. It never fit right. I've been wearing the 804s for a few years now, and really like the fit and wear. I have a tendency to overpronate, so I need the arch support that these shoes give me. I tried a pair of sale 1004, and they wore out really quickly, so I went back to the 804. I will say that I have to make sure I've got the 804 lacings done just right, or I end up with bruising on the tops of my feet.
From: Carol, 7/13

Comments: I used to love New Balance also. The 802s were perfect, 803s rubbed my ankles and the 804s did not fit at all. They took a GREAT shoe and ruined. I have been looking around and found a new shoe that I think is much like the 802. Prince Scream. Just played with them today....great!
From: Clare. 5/11

Comments: I have recently been diagnosed with plantar faciitis so these were recommended as a good choice. I have worn New Balance shoes forever and initially loved these shoes. I have always worn size 8 in NB but had to get 8.5. After the first couple of days, they just didn't feel right. I had to start tying them so tightly that the top of my foot hurt or my heel would slip. I ended up with blisters on both of my big toes. For whatever reason, these shoes seem sized differently from other New Balance shoes I've worn. I'm sure they're great shoes, but they're not for me.
From: Julie, Avon, CT. 5/10

Comments: I have recently developed plantar faciitis (heel pain) and these shoes provide fantastic arch support. My only complaint is that after a few days, the left shoe developed an odd squeaking/squishing sound when I walk. I took them back to the New Balance store and they ordered me a new pair. The new pair was perfect for 2 days and now the left shoe is squeaking/squishing just like the first pair. I don't know if it's something with how my left foot is when I walk, but I've never had a problem with any other shoe before.
From: Lisa, Raleigh, NC. 5/10