Wilson Surge 100 BLX Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I bought this for my girlfriend, she is a 4.5 player and has made her winner shot percentage go up big time. It made it a lot harder for me to beat her because of the tons of spin she was hitting and I can't read the ball anymore. Great on serves and baseline play -- highly recommend if you want to elevate your game.
From: Derrick, 2/14

Comments: I have used this racquet for three years. I have amazing control, spin and power with it. I recommend this to everyone.

Comments: I switched to this stick recently, and played with the sensation 16 string. I then re-strung it to a hybrid of polyester and Snake Bite. After that, my shots were very powerful and had loads of spin. I would recommend this piece of equipment to any advanced player.
From: Ali, 11/13

Comments: I finally bought this racquet after using my Head Ti for almost 13 years. I bought it initially for the great price as it was going to be backup racquet to my Head. Then when I went to play with it, all I can say is wow. So much more control than my old Head. With full solid swings on both forehands and backhands, the ball was spinning nicely in. What I like most is the weight. It is very light so it feels more versatile. This will be my main racquet, not my backup. If I continue to play well with it, I will get another as a backup. The tension of the factory sensation strings can also be a factor. As its is probably at around 58 lbs, where I have been at 65 lbs for so many years.
From: Al, 11/13

Comments: Overall a versatile, affordable, comfortable racquet for the high intermediate to advanced player. I am a women's 4.5 player and I can hit with more power and control on the forehand side, serve hard and hit my lines as well slice serve. Also, I have good control on the backhand slice and volleys. I have experienced an improvement in my game overall using this racquet. I even bought a used 2011 version as a spare though the paint job on that version was severely lacking.
From: Gaby, 3/13

Comments: Really great raquet from Wilson. I have recently used the K Factor Zen Team. About 4 months ago, i switched over to this racquet and loved it. Serves are good. Groundstrokes are exceptional. Im hitting more spin on my shots as well as a good, comfortable feel. I loved it so much and have bought 3 more of the same for my tournaments. Its a good racquet, and the price for it is great. Definetly worth paying $119.00 for. Great value.
From: Bryce, 3/13

Comments: Amazing racquet, it generates a lot of power while maintaining control. I use Babolat RPM in it strung at 60 lbs.

Comments: This is a great overall raquet. It has good pop when you want it and lately I've been using multifiliments and the touch and control are absurd. I'm probably going to put some lead tape on for a little extra weight, but it's a fantastic racquet overall.
From: Sam, 10/12
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire @ 58lbs

Comments: This is a good racquet for the price. It has nice pop, good ball pocketing and great spin potential. I play with the 2011 version as well as 2012 version. My only knock is that you feel a lot of vibration when making contact with the ball. I found out by re-stringing your racquet after 12 hours of play it helps with vibration. Overall, it's definitely worth the money.
String type and tension: polyester @ 53lbs

Comments: I have played with this racquet for about 6 months now and like it. I have an all-around game and it has definitely helped with power, control, and feel, particularly on the backhand side. I can hit both crisp volleys as well as touch shots. A great value overall.
From: S.R., 8/12
String type: Spin Cycle 16L

Comments: I got this racket to replace my Wilson nFury Hybrid and it took a few days to get used and I'm still working on it but its power and control are amazing. Great for spin, picking up low balls, volleying and serving. All around amazing racket for an amazing price.
From: Bob, 6/12
String type and tension: Wilson SGX Black 16, 56lbs
Headsize: 100sq in

Comments: For me this racquet is not stable enough and it has a high level of torque. I just switched to a Babolat Pure Drive 2012 and I love it!
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Team, 57 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet for me. I play an all around 4.0 game, and it does the job. I love the 2011 version of the Surge, but this one is as good or better. I think this is one of the most under rated racquets available. An amazing stick for the money.
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite/ Babolat Addiction.

Comments: This tube is great! I play with Yonex RDiS 100 as my 3rd tube. It gave me fast arm strengthening and stroke development over the months I've been playing. I play everyday at least 1 hour 2X a week and 2-4 hours the rest of the week including Sundays. After getting weary with the heavy Yonex racquet, i decided to get a second racquet which is lighter. the old BLX surge is head light which I don't like. Now with the Eb BLX surge, I could maintain my forehand spin, volley and improved tremendously my serve. The downside is that my single handed backhanded has lost power. Otherwise, it is a very playable stick and great as a back up for those who have a heavy racquet when you get tired...you will love this toy!
From: Rene, 5/12

Comments: This racquet is awesome!! Amazing feel, plenty of control, good power, crisp feel on volley. I can generate more racquet head speed on serve. Great topspin on ground strokes and highly maneuverable. This stick definitely improves my serve and volley game.
From: Viet Linh
String type and tension: Signum Pro Plasma HEXtreme, 54lbs
Headsize: 100sq in

Wilson Surge 100 BLX Racquet - Where to go from here

Wilson BLX Tennis Racquets
9.29.11 - [8] wilson racs C (BJC)
All Tweener Tennis Racquets