Comments: I bought these and have had them for a year now. I play 1-3 times a week as a 3.0 (not as much as some of the other reviewers here who had them falling apart). They've held up well for me, with only a little discoloring around the shoe laces. I generally play on indoor courts. My biggest gripe is that they are a little hot and feel slightly big and bulky if you're used to a lightweight shoe. I kind of felt like I had big bricks on my feet until I got used to them. Now they are very responsive and stable. Overall though, they are super comfortable and fit very true to size for me.
From: Alissa, 1/13

Comments: This is the first shoe to ever fit my narrow feet without being so heavy, wide and "clunky". Love the arch support and comfort. Sadly, the comfort (and toes) didn't last long enough for someone who is on the courts nearly everyday. Once it goes out, your feet start to hurt. I am close to giving in and buying these shoes every 3 months because they are the only ones that fit and feel the best.

Comments: I bought these for my 13-year old daughter who plays about 8 hours per week. She found them very comfortable right out of the box. I was disappointed that within 2 weeks she had holes on the tops of both at the toe. Within 2 months she had almost worn through the soles at the toe. I am returning them for credit.
From: Adrienne, 12/11

Comments: These New Balance shoes broke down so quickly. I only got about 2 months of tennis in them.

Comments: I have bought this shoe two times. It fits my custom orthotics well. I am a 3.5 player who plays 3-4 times a week. These shoes fit me well out of the box. I had suffered with plantar fasciitis before I bought these shoes. With my orthotics and these shoes, I have no problems. I am a New Balance loyal customer.
From: Nancy, 11/11

Comments: I am a 4.0 player that plays 4-5 times a week for up to three hours at a time. New Balance are the only brand that accommodate my custom orthotics comfortably. I have to go up a half size to prevent toe bruising. This shoe is comfortable right out of the box. Looks great and feels light and quick on my feet. I prefer the narrower toe box and the running shoe last fit. Unfortunately, I burn through them every 3 months or so. That's okay because I consider tennis shoes one of those items I need to replace often.

Comments: NB shoes have always been the most comfortable and best tennis shoes I have owned. I really like the look of this shoe and it fits well in the heel. I am disappointed with the fit of the toe box. It is very narrow and rather pointed compared to my last pair of NB tennis shoes which fit perfectly. I also find that they do not provide the same level of cushioning as my previous pair. Since I already have some knee and hip issues this makes a significant difference to the level of pain I experience when I play. It's unfortunate that I bought two pairs at once since they were shipping to Canada as this is the first pair and I won't be looking forward to the next. I never expected this.
From: Mona. 6/11

Comments: These are the best shoes I have ever owned. I'm a 4.5 level player and play several days a week. They are comfortable and lightweight and I've just bought another pair. I think all shoes break down pretty quickly so I've given up on trying to get a shoe to "last" because they just end of being heavy and uncomfortable. I have medium width feet and they are fine. If you are between two sizes as I am you can probably go with the lower size but generally they are pretty true.
From: Abby. 5/11

Comments: I've been pleased with my new purchase. I have a narrow foot and these shoes are the perfect fit. If you normally wear the 2A's, you could wear these shoes. There was no break-in required.
From: Marcie, Charleston, West Virginia, United States. 4/11

Comments: I absolutely loved this shoe. I have wide feet but was still a good fit. Lightweight and fast to run in. Comfortable right out of the box feels like a well-cushioned running shoe. Unfortunately they have been shelved because the side of the shoe near the toe box sticks out so far it creates a roll over point when you have your weight on the front of your foot and are moving sideways. I had to stop using as my foot rolled a couple times (no injury) but no longer wanted to take the risk of hurting my ankle! Please take the cliff of the side of this shoe and I will use it for a long time to come!!!
From: Lori, Providence, RI, USA, 02/11

Comments:This is the first pair of New Balance shoes that I absolutely cannot wear, even after about 14-15 hours of play. They run very narrow and just kill my feet. I would not recommend these shoes unless your foot is narrow.
From: Jane, Tucson, AZ, USA, 01/11

Comments: I always wear New Balance. These wore out inside very quickly and the ball of the foot on the sole is wearing as well. There are actually holes inside below the ankle. I have never had a pair of New Balance that broke down so quickly. I don't even have them 6 mos. Disappointing.
From: Marian, Charlotte, NC, USA, 08/10

Comments: I like these shoes a lot. I'm super narrow which is a nightmare to fit. Most of the 2A New Balance shoes are still too wide for me. I can get a nice fit with these (even though they are a B width) with an insole and my thick Thorlo socks. The toe box is narrow too so I don't slide around in them. They seem light to me and not "clunky" at all. Not sure why they don't come in 2A. I guess that would be too good to be true.
From: Polly, Dallas, Texas, USA. 06/10

Comments: Just bought these shoes and could not wear them. Very stiff and uncomfortable. They felt cheap which is ironic considering I paid more for them that what I typically do on tennis shoes. I would not recommend them. I normally love New Balance but this is the first non-leather pair I have bought and they are certainly not the same quality.
From: Leanne, Goose Creek, SC USA. 4/10

Comments: I was so excited for these shoes to arrive but what a let down. They are have and very uncomfortable. I'm returning them. I tried wearing them and they absolutely killed me feet. These must require quite a break in period. Don't waste your money.
From: Anon, Providence, RI. 4/10

Comments: Just bought this shoe. Very true to size. Comfortable right out of the box as compared to break-in period of about six hours of play for Nikes. Fabulous traction and responsiveness, too early to speak for durability. Typically, I only get about 3-4 months out of a shoe anyway. Was a Nike girl until these shoes. Not as narrow a fit as the Lunar Lights or Breathe models at the arch, but, not so wide as to swim in the toe area. Toe box is perfect. Heel well is perfect height for lifted orthotics to alleviate achilles strain. Will definitely buy these again. Love them.
From: Anonymous, Orange County, CA, USA 01/10
Level 4.0-4.5 Play 15-20 hours per week (very mobile player)

Pink Accent