New Balance WC 1296 D Blue/Pink Women's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: I bought these shoes in March 2014 and was a little concerned that the "D" width was not as wide as my NB 900. I wore them for a match and my feet were in pain because they were somewhat more narrow than the NB 900. When I compared the widths between the two shoes, the 1296 is somewhat smaller. I changed the lacing to accommodate the tightness in the shoebox and they became more manageable to wear. I noticed last week the mesh part of the outer edge of each shoe by the pinkie toe is torn. I contacted New Balance to discuss my concerns about the width sizing and the quality of the material. The reply I received today basically said it was my fault for picking the wrong shoe and that I should have contacted them for assistance when I replaced my NB900. I replied I did contact them and the first recommendation was pair of track shoes. The second recommendation was a pair of men's shoes. I gave up on their customer service since they obviously did not know their brands. But to be told that the torn material is my fault for picking the wrong shoe has convinced me these are the last pair of New Balances I'll be buying again.
From: Kit, 6/14