Comments: If the Volkl PB 10 Mid cannot generate heavy balls, then my speed radar is wrong. I am a 35 year old player with 139 km/h on forhand side and 211 km/h on serve with the PB10 Mid. I just added a leather grip. Strung with Volkl Cyclone on mains and Biphase on crosses. No aditional lead tape, no silicone or foam. It's a pleasure to swing free on every shot. Head, Wilson or Babolat are like running in the town, but Volkl means a running on the beach. Pure joy! Stock up now!
From: Derek, 10/14

Comments: Wow! This racquet is unbelievable. Control, power, comfort -- all there. I've owned a lot of racquets - - AeroPro+, Roddick+, Steam S, Head Radical OS, and demoed even more, but this is whole new level. I wish I had known about this racquet years ago. When you swing hard the power is just incredible. I felt like my serves were faster and heavier than even the Roddick+. After a couple of hard serves I could even see my partner's racquet just wobbling and quivering -- the serves were that heavy. I have never seen that before and I'm a fit, 6' 4", hard swinger. For the first time I felt like I could really place the ball - - the control was unreal. I didn't double fault until the third game in the second set! Forehands were a beast, one handed backhands felt good when I set up right, and volleys were crisp. The ball just wanted to stay in the court. I was worried about the smaller headsize (93) as my last racquet was the Radical OS (105 square inches) but after the first few hits I was totally adjusted. It felt really heavy when I first picked it up but believe me, during gameplay it swings amazingly easy. As for negatives -- none really. For the first few minutes if I mishit it was very jarring on the arm, especially on serves. I guess I could also say if you don't hit near the sweetspot the ball does just kind of die. But you're not going to experience that very often if you're a decent player. I'm coming off of bad round of tennis elbow from stiff, high tension poly in the Roddick and Steam. The PB10 had RMP Blast in it which I was going to cut out first but decided to try it out. So, I played about 2 hours with very hard hitting and I have absolutely no elbow pain. It's that comfortable. Don't walk, run and go buy this racquet now!
From: JW, 10/14

Comments: Bought this racquet because I was looking for something very arm friendly. Previously I was playing with the Dunlop Biomemitic 500 Tour, which is a very fine frame but also fairly stiff. I was debating between this and the Pro Staff 85, which I used some 20 years ago. I overcame my nostalgia, and went with the Power Bridge Mid. My thoughts after my first match with it: 1. Comfort: outstanding. You won't find a racquet that's easier on the arm than this. Off center hits aren't jarring, but you're probably not going to shank many balls into the court either. 2. Strokes: mixed review. This racquet is very head light. It's one thing to read it in the specs, but another to play with it. When I first swung the racket, I felt like I was swinging with nothing. It gave me a little bit of a confidence crisis in the frame, and I started to overhit. Eventually I settled in to a normal swing and found that I didn't need to do anything more than perform normal strokes for the frame to do its job. However, I agree with another reviewer who said you have to prepare your strokes early with this frame. Another reviewer said that this frame can't take a heavy ball. I understand this sentiment, but I'll reserve my opinion on this after I've played with it a bit more. I will say that you're really going to need to adjust to the extremely light feel and flex of the frame when you're dishing or absorbing heavy pace. Spin is very good. The tennis pros always talk about "shaping the ball." I don't know how to do that because I'm a serve and volley guy. Today, however, I stayed back to figure out how my groundstrokes would feel. It seemed to me that I had at least 3 more inches of net clearance per stroke over my previous frame, with enough spin to keep the balls down. 3. Net Play: outstanding. The ball goes where you want it to go, but you can't afford to mis-hit with this frame. The ball will dump into the net. 4. Serve: reserved judgment. I'll need to serve more to figure out what I think. I was serving at 75% today to get used to the frame. 5. Looks: good. The cosmetics are nice. I agree with another one of the reviewers that the head shape looks like an alien head. I can't really explain why, but it does. I spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out if i'd bought a warped frame. Nope. Everything checked out. 6. Overall: great frame. If you're looking for a new frame, and not afraid of a 93 inch alien shaped head, give this one a try.
From: Sheridan, 9/14

Comments: It was fortune for me but it can help you! I have been using a Volkl PB 10 Mid more than a year. Once I forgot to bring overgrips on court, so when my old Tourna grip was so heavy I started to play with a replacement DNX grip. Amazing! Try it, its like the next step of feel. The racquet is so fast at net and my serving motion is even faster! I feel like I can use more wrist in every shot. I am replacing the DNX grip every 3-4 weeks. Thanks Volkl! I will never change my racquet again!
From: Jan, 10/12
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 18g @ 53/51 lbs

Comments: After playing year and half with this stick my game is at the top! I tested all king of strings, but my best setup is full poly of MSV Focus Hex 1.18mm tension, 24 lbs mains and 22 crosses. Weeks ago I replaced original grip with head leather grip. That give me better feel and more wrist action during the end of the stroke especially on forehand. The results are clear. I play faster without fear of overhitting. Only negative is that full poly string bet is not very durable and I need to change strings every week (14 hours of tennis). I don't break the string, but racquet is really string sensitive and you notice every tension loss or loss of elasticity.
From: Jan, 8/12
String type and tension: MSV Focus HEX 1.18mm 24/22

Comments: Strung this with Big Banger at 55 lbs and WOW! It raised my level so much. Amazing racquet with amazing strings. This combination cannot be beaten.
From: Elias, 8/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power @ 55 lbs

Comments: I just switched to this from a Tecnifibre 325 and am amazed by how arm friendly it is and seemingly without sacrificing anything. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this stick. Ultra solid at the baseline against pace, feels like a samurai sword on serves and a scalpel at the net. Love it!
From: J., 7/12
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 17 @ 55 lbs

Comments: I have demoed so many sticks it is embarrassing. Anything from Prince Rebel, most Wilsons you can name, Tecnifibres, Beckers, Heads etc. There are some racquets that outperform Volkl Mid 10 in some areas, but overall I think it is impossible to find a better stick for someone with sound fundamentals. It is just such a solid and fun stick to hit with! Control is amazing, spin is incredible, serves go like... ZZZAAAAP. Demo it and see for yourself. I bought 3.
From: Marek, 6/12
String type and tension: NRG2 17 mains @ 57 lbs / Black Code 18 or Black Widow @ 54 lbs

Comments: I purchased a PB 10 93 because it had almost similar specs as my other sticks - K-Factor/BLX Tour, Babolat PSL GT, Prince EXO3 95 Rebel, Donnay X-Dual Core Platinum 94, Dunlop 200 Tour. I observed that Power Bridge lacks stability and plow through even after experimenting with weights and leather grip. It has nice specs but does not work out well for me. Must be the shape of the head, or the odd grip.
From: Joey, 3/12

Comments: This is the best racquet I have ever hit with and am staying with it. Frankly, I don't have anything negative to say about this stick. It has it all - power, control, arm friendliness, flexibility and is a spin machine. Almost perfect!

Comments: The reviewer from Detroit on 10/10 pegged it. This racquet is so much fun to play with, the feel is superb... but it's not heavy enough through contact. It's just not heavy enough of a ball. I do think this should be possible to fix with lead tape. Why not try when everything else is so good. The frame is nice and flexy, very comfortable. It serves well too, with accuracy. I found *plenty* of spin on groundstrokes. Slices were intuitive. In the end I pretended not to like it so much, blaming the elongated, alien-like head shape for my hesitation. Grip shape was odd, but not a deal-breaker. I'll stick to my Dunlop 200 Tours, but this was the best one-night stand you could ask for on court.
From: G, 3/12

Comments: Stiffer, with more power and less feel than I was expecting however balance and stability are near perfect. Very forgiving on the arm too.
From: Richard, 3/12

Comments: This is second best racket after Wilson K Prostaff 88! If you have wrist problems, this is only one midsize racket that you can use. Very very soft! I like the rubber but cap also. I will buy two more and i will try to make one close to Sampras specs.
From: Jan, 2/12
String type and tension: Biphase 1.18, 52lbs, Genesis 1.08, 49lbs

Comments: I just got back into tennis after an injury laden ten years or so, and was looking for a new racquet. After demoing around twenty different makes and models, I decided to give the Power Bridge 10 Mid a try based on the Tennis Warehouse reviews, and I couldn't be happier that I did. The Power Bridge 10 is the racquet I've been looking for my whole life. It really does cut through the ball like a hot knife through butter. I thought it would be too light for me because it feels lighter than it is, but it's got more than enough mass and it's very maneuverable. Control with this racquet is amazing. I liked it so much I bought the demo and two more with Volkl Fusion hybrid string sets at 55 lbs. The stiff hoop and flexible shaft combo is my way to go. I do want to weigh in on the handle shape. Personally, I hope that Volkl does not change the shape to be more square a la other makes; the more "rectangular" shape fits my hand perfectly.
From: Jon, 12/11

Comments: After playing with Volkl C10 Pro for a few years I decided to get the Power Bridge 10 Mid after reading all the good reviews here and elsewhere. I've hit with it for a couple weeks, and I find it hard to fault this stick. The TW playtester's review of this racquet is very adequate, it offers a wonderful mix of power, control and access to spin. It took a while to find the sweet spot (I'm used to 98 square inch head size) on my one handed backhand. A proper back swing and preparation seems more important than for my C10 Pro, but performs better when executed well. On my forehand, I can mix flat strokes with extreme topspin very easily. In fact, the access to spin was perhaps the biggest surprise. Slices are a dream, super easy to cut and play low and deep. On serve, I find it easy to generate a good amount of topspin or slice, making that important second serve nice and reliable. I highly recommend anyone at 4+ trying out this racquet. If you can hit with good form, it will most likely improve your overall game. Well done, Volkl!
From: Martin, 12/11
String type and tension: Poly, 52 lbs

Comments: I must say, the Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid is my favorite racquet after playing with other player racquets such as the Dunlop Aerogel 4D 100, Wilson BLX Tour 90 and Head Classic 600. I purchased this racquet based on the specifications, Tennis Warehouse reviews and some of the positive customer feedback on here. I really like the feel, control, stability and the right amount of power for this racquet. My only dislike is the shape of a grip, it is too rectangular for me.
From: Winston, 11/11
String type and tension: Poly / Multifilament at 54lbs

Comments: I love playing with this racquet. Smooth strokes produce smooth power anywhere you want it. I tried several strings, Babolat RPM Blast, etc. But the Tecnifibre Black Code at 55 pounds produces a blend of spin, power and control which will amaze you. This is without any arm pain that several users above complained about.
From: Guy who loves tennis, 11/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17 at 55 lbs

Comments: I have been playing with Volkl Powerbridge 10 mid for one month with this string set up. Babolat RPM Blast Mains: 55 Pounds and Prince Synthetic with Duraflex cross: 55 pounds. Whenever I play with this stick I get pain in forearm mainly due to the vibrations I feel in my arm. I have tried putting lead tape at 2 and 10 o'clock position and 3 and 9 o'clock position but nothing has helped. I have no such issue with other racquets including Aero Pro Drive GT, WIlson 6.1 Tour or Head Micgrogel Prestige with similar string set up. Other than the pain I love the racquet for precision and power. My NTRP rating is 4.0.
From: Sidhartha. 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast Mains: 55 Pounds and Prince Synthetic with duraflex cross: 55 pounds

Comments: Wow, what a stick! I moved to this racquet from Wilson's K Blade Tour. Better feel, and thus better control. Once I got used to the swing weight, more power too. Even after 6 months it's a little heavy on the serve, but as I've improved my motion that's been getting better too. Speaking of which, you can't arm the ball with this stick. You have to prepare early, and let the racquet do the work.
From: Apor, 10/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II

Comments: Initially, I got arm problem with the racquet due to the vibrations it produces. However, after putting 1/2 grams of lead tape at 12 o'clock position the problem is gone. It is an outstanding racquet in all aspects: power, control, precision, spin. Give it a shot.
From: Sidhartha, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast on mains and Prince synthetic gut on crosses at 55 lbs

Comments: This is a great all around racquet. I really feel in control of all my shots. This racquet excels with good footwork. I have strung with a few different set ups and the full co-poly set up is a no brainer.
From: Bob, 10/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline 58 lbs in mains, 53 lbs in crosses

Comments: As a former college player getting back into the game, I tried the Volkl along with Head and Prince mid size frames. This feels so much better than modern, springy, Wilson Hammer type racquets and all demos I tried. Slightly less forgiving than the Prince Graphite II Oversize racquets I still sometimes use because of the size. Great at the net/approach shots, serves, forehands, and slice backhands. I'll be ordering a second Volkl soon and will be experimenting with other strings around the 58 lbs range.
From: Josh, 9/11
String type and tension: Volkl Spin at 58 lbs

Comments: I'll say that this is a very good racquet as long as you can consistently hit the sweet spot. Everything feels perfect once the sweet spot is engaged. Otherwise, off center hits are very erratic and very painful to the shoulder on mishit serves. The biggest weakness in my game right now is my serve. After one of my training sessions, I had to stop playing for 2 weeks because it messed up my shoulder which has never happened with any other racquet. I would recommend this racquet to anyone 4.0 or higher.
From: Ryan, 9/11
String type and tension: Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough at 55M/53C
NTRP Rating: 3.0 - 3.5

Comments: At Rob, thanks for the tip. I am actually starting the get the hang of this stick. Its maneuverability is absolutely incredible, and I can get an insane amount of backward wrist action into my backswing and never have to worry about getting behind on the ball. I'm still working on those defensive shots, though. I've actually never used lead tape, but see where your recommendation can improve this racquet.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 58 lbs

Comments: This is my new racquet. I added 16 total strips of 4 inch by 1/4 inch lead tape at 2 and 10 o'clock. I also added one over grip and 18 g Babolat Pro Hurricane at 60 pounds. New specs: 6.5 points head light/32.4 cm balance, and 365.8g/12.90 ounces. You can produce semi-western forehands with blunt force trauma with this set up. The slice backhands are simply the best.
From: Selles, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g at 60 pounds

Comments: I've been playing with the Volkl DNX 10 Mid for three years, and I believe that it is the perfect racquet for me. I was very disappointed to learn that Volkl discontinued that racquet, and waited too long to buy a couple more before they left the shelf permanently. I liked the DNX 10 Mid for its stability, maneuverability, and feel. I always felt like I could let the racquet to some work for me when needed, and was also rewarded when I went for aggressive shots. I have found the Power Bridge 10 Mid to be much less stable than the DNX 10. It is very soft and has a ton of feel, but I don't feel like I can shorten my backswing on a hard shot or serve and get as much on the ball as I could with the DNX 10. Even my serve, the most consistent part of my game, has yet to materialize with this racquet. I'm going to give this racquet one more try with a thicker gauge string, in hopes that it will add stability to this racquet.
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane 16 - 58 lbs

Comments: I am 63 years old and 6 foot 3 inches and weigh in at 200 lbs. I play and teach tennis almost everyday during the summer months. I have old school techniques, offensive by nature all court player with a one handed backhand. I Play more doubles than singles. For forty years, I have tried almost all brands of player type frames from Wilson, Head, Prince, Babolat, Avery, Volkl, Tecnifibre, etc. Years ago I played with the old Wilson Pro Staff. It was always my favorite but eventually proved to tough on my aging joints. After years of giving other frames fair shakes and never finding a satisfying replacement a racquet finally emerged. The Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid is an even better racquet than my old favorite Wilson Pro Staff. The control, comfort, and plow through are all excellent while spin potential, power, and returns are better than average. Serves and volleys are accurate and the flex and weight distribution are excellent. It is the most maneuverable racquet in its weight class. It is fun to play with and very easy on the body. I string racquets and feel the stringing issues are even more subjective than frame types. Having said all of this I thank Volkl for engineering and manufacturing a high quality product. I give the highest of marks to the Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid.
String type and tension: Isospeed Control 16mains/ Goosen Micro 17 crosses / 55lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: Follow up review, see below. Well, this one proves to be an offensive player's dream. As long as you are in control of a point, there is all what you want: controlled power, extreme precision, perfect serves, dream volleys (this stick tells you why you could never volley with your 270g head-heavy stiff racquet; to get those sharp slicy volleys, you have to use something like this Volkl). On the other hand, there is zero help when you are under pressure. Forget about pushing a fast serve back or to rescue one with the tip of the stick. So this stick is all guns and no armor. You really have to blitz your opponent. Take very much care to check if the shape of the handle suits you; it may be perfect for you, on the other hand, it might not. Changers from Head should find no problems.

Comments:I demoed this racquet recently and was amazed by it. I could easily hit top spin, slice and flat shots, all with good control over power. At the net, this racquet felt great on overhead shots and for being so maneuverable I could volley with big precision and touch. I could also easily serve with a lot of spin and good placement; it was very comfortable for return shots and very forgiving too. In general, I could play with a lot of pace without using all my power. Since it is a heavier racquet, someone may feel that on their arms during a long match.
From: PFulvio, 8/11
String type and tension: 57 lbs

Comments: I have been playing with the Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid now for 9 months and have been experimenting with different strings and tensions over that period. I have traditionally enjoyed the crisp feeling of a stiffer frame which made the adjustment to the Power Bridge 10 a bit lengthy. The soft control of the Power Bridge 10 felt alien to me but I just can't knock the results. I went to a stiff Kevlar string in the mains to give me a bit of the crispness back. Accuracy, feel, spin, are all there. This is a must demo.
From: Jimmons, 7/11
String type and tension: Kevlar mains Multi crosses 54/58lbs

Comments: I initially thought this would be my least favorite racquet. I decided to demo the wilson six one tour blx, the volkl power bridge 10 mid and the head Youtek speed pro. All I can say is wow. I am a heavy hitter and need control. The Wilson felt weird and the ball seemed to resonate off the strings and just felt unnatural. The Head felt better than the wilson, but it to didn't feel quite right. The Volkl was simply amazing. My second serves are a mixture of kick, slice and topspin and the racquet maneuvered wonderfully. Only double faulted twice in 3 sets. Forehands need some work because this racquet does give some extra pop, but I could easily place my forehands where I wanted them. One handed backhands provided great control. Volleys were crisp and deep. Drop shots were very easy. Don't let my rating fool you. I just came back into tennis this past year after a 13 year hiatus. I have 4.0 to 4.5 strokes but lack consistency due to repetition. By the end of fall, I will be back to competing at a high level. Prior to using these racquets, I had an old Wilson Hammer 6.2 (black and white). This racquet was still better than the wilson and head listed above but the Volkl destroyed this racquet. I will definitely be buying the Volkl power bridge mid 10.
From: Dan. 07/11
String type and tension: synthetic gut
Headsize: 93 sq in.

Comments: Just don't look any further if you are a control oriented tennis player and like to tease your opponent with drop shots and knife sharp lobs, this racquet does them all and more. I am an experienced player and amongst others I like to keep my number unforced errors as low as possible. This racquet is also the answer to that challenge, you can just block the balls and still they land in your opponents area of play. You must have a long swing but when your have you will be rewarded. This season, with this racquet I have won almost all my matches, even from people who in the past were to big of a challenge.
From: Edwin, 7/11
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut

Comments: I used to play with the Wilson Kblade Tour, which is very similar to this racquet. The Volkl racquet is made in China but it comes with German know how. Reading the specs of the Volkl you can see that is a bit heavier (5 grams) than the Kblade, but in reality it feels lighter!! Hitting with it felt really good from the start, my shots have more penetration and depth. Control is better because spin can be added more easily. Service needs some practice to get it right, I had less power on my serves. Slices, especially one handed backhand is very effective. The ball gets deep and stays low. This racquet needs a player who can swing nicely and fully to the ball. The control is amazing, more than the Kblade regardless of the fact that it has an open string pattern. The racquet is very stable and can handle heavy hitters with ease, just relax your wrist and let the racquet swing to the ball with a full follow through. Miss hits were still under control, but with less power. I could feel the ball staying on the strings longer. I guess is a must test racquet if you are in the 4 - 5 rating with a full relaxed swing.
From: Charles. 7/11
String type and tension:mid tension
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I've been using the PB10 Mid for nine months now. I like it overall. My forehand, serve and slice backhand have improved and feel very natural with this racquet. However, I've been having trouble to hit my two-handed backhand with it. I have a compact swing on my back hand side and it lacks power. I need to adjust my backhand and use a full swing to generate power or switch to one-handed backhand. Prior to using PB10 Mid, I was using Head Microgel Extreme Midplus, but had a lack of control using that racquet.
From: CC. 6/11
String Type and Tension: Tecnifibre X-one Biphase 16 @ 55 lbs

Comments: I recently purchased two of these frames as replacements for my much loved nCode 6.1 95. After 4 years of wrist pain it was time to find a softer flexing racquet. I have been most impressed with the performance of the PB 10 Mid: much more ball feel and no more pain. A few points I would like to add to other reviews here is that the feel and performance of this frame is very string dependent. Strung mid tension with multis, I found the sweet spot somewhat small and off center shots lacking power. Once I put my usual gut main/poly crosses in the PB 10 Mid it was transformed into an extension of my arm. Secondly, I would encourage all who purchase this frame to have the crosses strung about three pounds lower than the mains regardless of what strings you use. This greatly increases the sweet spot. Lastly, if you experience hoop wobble in this flexible racquet, just add a little lead tape at the 2 and 10 postions and it is instantly cured. The PB 10 Mid is a great player's frame that rewards good technique.
From: Duane. 5/11
String type and tension: Klip X-Plosive 55/51 lbs

Comments: Wow, sorry for all the people who just didn't like it. I think it's an amazing stick. I have been playing tennis for over 30 years with all kind of racquets and this on suits my game perfectly. Heavy, but maneuverable, with great feel. The stick plays like a midplus 98 head. Serves are my forte and the first thing I noticed was how easy it was to move the ball around in the service box. Flat, slice or kick, it felt very stable. Groundstrokes were also very smooth as long as you got yourself in position with your footwork, but my favorite was the volleys, great control around the net. Plays just stiff enough to be able to hit all your shots with a lovely flex for my backhand. You have to be a good player with solid fundamentals to get the most out of this racquet. Sloppy players need not apply.
From: Eric Hollis, Miami Beach, Fl. 4/11
String type and tension: Gosen OG Sheep @ 62 lbs

Comments: I tried this racquet on two different occasions playing both singles and doubles. It's just not my cup of tea. I have previously liked the K90 and thought this would be a good transition to a softer stick. Unfortunately, the racquet is too head light for two handed backhands, and too soft and very low powered. Getting a good rip on the ball takes a massive swing. It has a dead feeling without much pop. Great for drop volleys, but hard to punch them with pace. For me, the Prestige Mid/MP, or BLX 6.1 90/95 are better choices.
From: Anon, USA. 4/11

Comments: I switched from a Head Liquidmetal Radical (great racquet, great price, by the way) after reading TW reviews and demoing the racquet. My game has improved tremendously. I am able to generate more spin on my serves and hit some nice approach shots due to the weight. Awesome feel/control/aesthetics/everything. This has also been the opinion of a friend and fellow Liquidmetal Radical user who has hit with it.
From: Anon, CF, WI, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: (Varies)@ 55lbs

Comments: Looking to upgrade to a 'player's' racquet, I demoed this along with several others (Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200, Prince Rebel EXO3, Yonex RD Ti, etc.) from a friend with his own demo stash. The racquet is too headlight, in my opinion, so lead tape was added, but there wasn't any noticeable improvement in the racket's overall performance.
With the Volkl Pb 10 my forehand improved somewhat since the racquet does cut through the ball like butter, a phrase noted by several others. My two-handed backhand felt weaker and inconsistent with this Volkl, and my volleys were less predictable compared to volleys off the Prince Rebel. My ability to place the ball where I wanted got worse with this racket. Long and short is that this racket has two many negatives to overcome, and was not worth buying.
I have, however, tried and found the Volkl Organix 10 to my liking, and recently purchased two of these racquets.
From: Joseph, Laurel, MD, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: unknown poly
NTRP Rating: 4.0 USTA

Comments: Update to last year's review after playing this frame for 9 months: I started playing tennis at age 6 in 1959. I have played with many different racquets of all materials. I have played all the famous frames. This is the best racket I have ever used. I absolutely love it! If you can't make the shots you want with this frame, check your form or your strings, because it can do everything, and it will not hurt your body. I am playing a modern game with grips and stroke styles similar to Federer's. Since switching to the PB10mid, I have been able to successfully add a lot of aggression and power to my game.
From: Rob, LaGrange Park, IL, 3/11
String type and tension: Babolat Tonic+ natural gut, 62 lbs

Comments: I tried this one along with a 6.1 BLX, 18x20 and the Mid Plus Powerbridge 10. All three are very nice. In fact, I thought I'd like this one the least. I was about to throw in the towel, but I stuck with it and I was able to generate excellent pace and spin with pure response--no vibration. It gave me nice feedback upon contact like my old Prince POG Mids; however, I would like the longer handle for hitting two-handers. Volleys took the most time to get the feel of the weight distribution, but after a while, I was able to carve with touch. I will hit with this more. The Mid Plus offers a bit more stiffness and it's more forgiving, but for strong players, the feel can be lost. When I get tired and lazy, I might like that better.
From: Mike, St. Paul, MN, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Demo/Poly

Comments: What I can say is brilliant. The comments given by the TW play-tester are very true. The racket doesn't feel that heavy, it definitely feels very light. I used to play with a Prince Exo3 Rebel, and the 2 rackets have a slight difference in weight by 0.2oz. When I compare the two of them, that feels like almost an ounce. It does help me a lot with the serve, powerful and accurate. The most important thing is the feel; you can actually feel the impact of the ball every time you make a shot. I mean, you can almost tell the exact position of the hitting zone, that's ridiculous. The thin beam is also perfect for my game, I can swing the racket way faster, and the frame itself is so forgiving. A must demo for players who are seeking a racket with feel and power.
From: Henry, 01/11
String type and tension: Multi @53 lbs

Comments: There is no hype here this racket is just brilliant! K6.1 tour and 95, Babolat PSL and Puredrive GT, Microgel mid and Radical, among others are some of the rackets I've tried, and they are all very good, but this Volkl is clearly special. The open string pattern, the perfect blend of control and power, the plush and amazingly stable feel, the great plow- through yet easy maneuverability and best of all I have finally found a racket that causes me absolutely no shoulder pain! I can't fault this racket and I will be stocking up.
From: Brian, Toronto, Canada, 01/11
String type and tension: multi@ 55lbs
Headsize: 93"

Comments: Been playing with this for almost a year now. How time fly's when you are having fun. The flex is this racquet for me is a real weapon. It really helps you generate more spin and pick the deep slices up. At the net it is a little slow, but you have to love 90's to appreciate this racquet. I own a few k90, MG prestige, LM Prestige, Babolats and this is hands down the best of all of them. It's a good compromise of all of them. Just as said before I bought this when it first came out, so they are matched racquets woo hoo! I really didn't know they were hard to get until I revisited this thread. Oh and I call my k90's my donuts like baseball players use on their bats.
From: Ken, San Francisco, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17@60 Main. Gosen Os Micro 17@60.

Comments: I have been using Head Youtek Prestige MP, until I tried the PB10. At first it's very difficult to adjust to PB10, although the comfort level improved significantly and with much easier access to spin, its slower at net, backhand and serves are ok but forehand swings just not feeling as smooth as Prestige MP, which is much easier to swing. However, after using PB10 for couple of weeks, I'm now comfortable with it, and all aspects of my game improved (maybe not serves but definitely comparable). PB10 has a larger sweet spot than a typical 93 head size, it's flexible and comfortable, it may not be as easy to adjust to as a prestige MP, but once get used to it, it becomes a great weapon strung with co-polys (I didn't like it with multis). One thing I definitely don't like about PB10 is its grip, I changed the replacement grip to a Babolat skinfeel grip after using it the first time, and the problem gone.
From: Kai, China, 12/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Blackcode or Babolat RPM Blast 17 @ 53 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 - 4.0

Comments: These are the racquets I have used over the last 3 years: Head Microgel Radical Mid, Head Microgel Radical Pro, Head Microgel Prestige Mid, Wilson K Six.One 90, Wilson K Six.One 95, Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT Ltd, Yonex RDiS 100 mid, mostly player's raquets. Well, this Volkl model is definitely the best in nearly all aspects. The plow effect is comparable to the Federer's Six.One, but it is much easier to hit a forehand with this frame than with Federer's stick. The feel at serve is awesome, as well as the one handed backhand for which I have struggled with any other frame (excluding the six one 90 and the Yonex rdis mid). It's stable, smooth, feels at least 30 grams lighter than it is, and I feel tuned with this racket. This racquet keeps me tuned with the ball in every condition no matter if I am playing against a hard hitter or a pusher. Against the banger I get enough counter-power, stability, and resistance to torque. Against a pusher, I get enough spin, control and pace. I was lucky enough to buy one of the last frames available for this particular model and I realize that it is totally sold out and unavailable even in Germany! 2010 season would have been much more difficult for me without the extreme reliability of this racquet. I am really thankful to Volkl and to tennis-warehouse for helping me find this jewel.
From: Luigi Caria, Paris, France. 12/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu rough or Babolat pro-hurricane feel 26kg
Headsize: 90/93; mid forever
Rating: 15 (french ranking)

Comments: This racquet is by far the best around for feel, comfort, stability and control! It has amazing topspin too. But the control is what it does best! My main racquet was the K-90. But this and the Donnay X-Red Dark 94 are superb racquets for controlled power and feel. Does everything well! A pleasure to hit with. Can't go wrong with this racquet at all. TW review is dead on accurate! Get it!
From: Craig, FL, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Gut 57 and Luxilon 54

Comments: I tried numerous racquets (love the TW Demo Program!) and finally decided this was the best do-it-all racquet (I play SW grip with moderate topspin and currently favor counter punching). The stiffness (59) and balance (10pts HL) are immediately noticeable attributes players seem to either like or dislike. To me, the whippy feel gives an extra millisecond of contact time and better feel for near-telepathic ball placement. The balance makes it feel like a lighter racquet, which I like for topspin strokes and when scrambling to get off a shot when you don't have time to set up.
While it is more forgiving than other racquets with similar specs, you'll still need to swing with swift conviction and good technique from the baseline to find the spin. Fortunately, the flex and smoothness of this racquet doesn't punish my arm over time.
I've demoed/owned better racquets for flat ground strokes (Donnay X-Black 94), for topspin ground strokes (APDGT), baseline rallies (BLX Tour), volleys (KPS88), serving (PDGT+), smoothness (EXO3 Graphite 100), and returning big serves (BLX Six.One Tour). While there are better racquets to maximize a certain aspect or strategy, I found the PB10 Mid is the best control racquet and is better all round than any other racquet I've tried thus far.
From: Luxinterna, Richmond, CA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Mains - Babolat RPM Blast 16 Crosses- Babolat VS Natural Gut 16 52 lbs
Headsize: 93sq in
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I like it to the point where I was ready to switch but the handle; what's wrong with Volkl & Head is the grip shape. I absolutely hate them & 365 days of sweaty hands don't help either. In short if Volkl change grip shape and make it more like Wilson and Babolat it will be my main stick.
From: Ken, Palo Alto, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: This stick feels like a precision instrument; solid all around. It's very headlight, feels like an 11.5 oz racquet. My biggest complaint with the Volkl's is the grip shape. It's shaped like the Head racquets, but maybe a little bit more oval. That makes it very difficult for someone who plays with a semi western, or western forehand. In my opinion, this stick or any Volkl for that matter, it ideally suited for players with flat or Eastern forehands; I will not be buying a Volkl any time soon.
From: Dan, Long Branch, NJ, USA, 12/10

Comments: I have mixed feelings about this racquet. After trying some different strings, gauges and tensions (multis, monos, hybrids), I'm not so sure if it is for me... a bit flexible, it tends to twist against big hitters or topspin artists; the same is reflected on serve returns where the Volkl is average so to speak. Strange because at 12+ oz the weight is there.
I can rip forehands and to some extent, serves (although not like a Six.One 95), but struggle a bit on the backhand side. Volleys are ok, nothing spectacular. I found flat strokes to be more rewarding than topspin, but it can slice and chip quite nicely. It is definitely a "feel" racquet, like all Volks: I have been a V1 user for a long time, and the same butter-like hitting is to be found on the Power Bridge 10.
One big minus goes to the handle, which to me is absolutely rubbish: too squarish and box-like, so if you're used to a Babolat or Prince, forget it, you'll struggle hard to find any comfort. So if you're interested in the Power Bridge 10 Mid, I suggest you demo it first extensively, unfortunately I did not have the chance to do so... still a very nice racquet (handle/grip apart), but not for every taste.
From: Ulrich, Rome, Italy, 12/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 18, 23 kg
Headsize: Mid (93 Sq.)
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: Wow!! This racquet is simply amazing. I feel like a pro after playing with this racquet. Power, control, pop, crisp, solid, soft, etc., everything is there. I regret I did not try this racquet earlier. Your game will surely improve 2 to 3 times faster than any other racquet. I have tried 20 over racquets, from Wilson to Head to Babolat; this is the best so far. Fantastic job by VOLKL!! Keep it up.
From: Steven, Klang, Malaysia, 12/10
String type and tension: Felton 55lb

Comments: This racket is just too flexible, robbing it of power and control. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my usually big serve going or my forehand. Where is the pop?
From: Nate, Dallas, TX, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Wilson h tour 55lbs

Comments: Need to be dialed-in and be hitting confidently but when you are this is a lovely racquet to play with. It seems to have a range of power on demand - sort of explosive when you let rip and nice and soft for touch shots. I have tried various string tensions but settled on low 50s using a thinner gauge. One thing I love is the ability to hit top spin angled shots from mid court - almost like a whippy table tennis shot that loops over the net and kicks away at an extreme angle. The head size is sometimes a little demanding for me when I'm tired and not tuned in and I can occasionally mis-time and frame the ball (I play with a lot of top), but that's just me and I soon adjust. The weight as others say feels light but in reality the headlight balance and true weight provides plenty of plow through and slices can zip away into the corners rather deceptively and effortlessly. All in all, a fabulous frame, can be demanding at times but most good club level players should get on with it OK. (PS used to play with other Volkls - C10 Pro, Tour 10MP and Yonex RDS002 Tour. This one compares well to those classics and is my favourite at the moment.
From: M, UK, USA, 11/10

Comments: Follow up from my 7/10 review: After five months of using this frame, I still love it. I've settled on NXT 17 at 60 lbs. The feel is sweet and soft, control is fantastic, and comfort is excellent. Plow through is solid while still maintaining mobility. Top-spin is very good, slice is outstanding. Serves can be hit with plenty of power and spin and very good accuracy - and no arm or shoulder soreness. I'm usually a major lead-tape tinkerer, but I like this frame in stock form. I'm playing with an eastern one-handed backhand, strong eastern to semi-western forehand, continental volleys. As one reviewer said, this frame is making me a better tennis player, as good footwork and form are rewarded in spades, while errors don't break my arm - giving me the confidence to really go for shots the right way. Whether I decide to stay back or serve and volley, the PB10 Mid is a reliable partner. When you execute properly and see that ball go exactly where you aim it - the feeling Is unsurpassed. Now, I don't often play at pro levels of pace, so I don't know how it would work for those 6.0 and above players, but in my 51 years of playing tennis, this is the best all-around frame I've ever tried, and is in the same class as the Pro Staff 85 as a classic player's racket. I am totally happy with my racket for the first time in many years.
From: Rob, LaGrange Park, IL, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 60 lbs.

Comments:Follow up review. I put 20g of lead on the end of the handle (four layers of lead tape circular, beginning on the but cap, each next to the other); according to the specs (365g, 10 p hl), it resembles the Kennex Tonic KI5PSE now. It is easier (sic!) to handle, has very good spin, feels much more stable blocking balls back. Overheads and topspin backhands are much more reliable now. It is as solid as my old Wilson K95/28x18 and nearly as easy to handle as my leaded Wilson BLX 95 Team (317g 3p hl): a dream to play. p.s.: Granville is right: V's grip is slim (like Head's), W is rather square.
From: Andrew, Tutzing, Bavaria, Germany, 11/10
String type and tension: Babolat Natural Gut 16G 25kg
NTRP Rating: 4ish

Comments: Granville in the review (on page not on review video) said the handle shape was more to what he liked and that he was used to (his current racket apparently is the Wilson K6.1 95) which might suggest that the handle is more square and boxy (like Wilson rackets) than the Volkl handles have been in the past (i.e. DNX 10 mid & midplus) Can TW or anyone else enlighten me on this?
From: Andrew, Manchester, UK, 11/10
(Andrew, Granville mentioned that the Volkl handle did feel more similar to the Head grip than the Prince or Wilson grips-- TW Staff)

Comments: Well, there is something in this tool that makes it so smooth, while stable. Its character might not appeal to all players in the court, but without any doubt it is relaxing playing with this racquet. There is a kind of funny mechanism that absorbs the surges of impact and feels a bit strange like an unwound clock, but it works! I will experiment a while with the stringing tension and types and feedback my experience. My overall suggestion would be that someone that likes a headlight racquet must at least demo one PB10. For me it worked fine!

Comments: I just demoed this racquet, and I was hoping it would replace my Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid. I found this racquet to be a little too light in its swingweight for my preference, especially after I've completed my stroke. This does add to my maneuverability, but in the long run this derails my technique. I find my technique improved after using a heavier racquet, which remains stable through and after the impact in the follow through. Having mentioned this, I did not find the stability in this racquet, which I have for the Prestige. One area that this racquet really shines is the crisp, buttery, smooth feel upon impact with the ball. It just leaves me wanting to play more. This is one thing that I would really like to have for my Prestige, but the search will continue until I find another frame of a similar head size for good precision/control and good weight, balance, swingweight, and a buttery, crisp feel that just leaves me wanting for more!
From: Anon, Detroit, 10/10

Comments: I just tried out this racquet for a demo. I played for an hour hitting both forehands, backhands and volleys from a ball machine. I was really hoping for a silky smooth racket but unfortunately for me, this was not my experience. The racket plays well with a solid feel and has plenty of plow through. I just felt that the racket head was too small for me and that it did not do any better than my current Babolat Pure Drive GT with an extra 20g of weight. I was hoping to make the Volkl my new racquet but not going to happen now.
From: Randeep, Raleigh, NC USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Synthetic gut

Comments: The last 2 years I played the Wilson K-Six One Tour. I was looking for a more comfortable racket, which supports me also on less good days. I play a moderate topspin. Based on the TW review I bought this racket together with a Youtek Prestige MP. There are several people who mentioned that it took them some time to adjust their game to play with this stick. I still try to amend my game...but I'm not sure if a racquet should force you to change your game! I tried different strings with different tensions. If you play relaxed, everything is fine. But hitting powerful topspin (I don't mean Nadal's style) is a problem, maybe because of the high flexibility of the frame. The same is valid for my normal backhand. Also the grip shows some vibration. The reason for my problems might be also the sweetspot, which is in the middle of the string bed or even more handle- wards. Based on so many goods reviews I try this racket time by time but still can't handle the stick. I have fewer problems on carpet or hard court than on clay. The Prestige MP is different. I need 5 minutes the racquet I are one. Only the production quality of the Head is less good than the Volkl ones. After 6 months I switched to the Prestige, which doesn't need any amendment. But I have to admit that the Volkl is not bad: all members of my tennis team enjoyed the game with this stick which handling differs to many other sticks on the market significantly.
From: Andreas, Hamburg, Germany, 08/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 25/24 kgs

Comments: I bought this racket based on the TW reviews alone (risky I know), having played in the past with a Prince Ozone tour MP and Head Radical Ti OS. What can I say ... this racquet is like a Mauser - even though the head size is smaller, I seem to find the sweet-spot much more and boy it feels good! Volleying with this bat is so easy, I feel like Edberg in his Wimbledon hey day. My game has definitely improved with this Volkl & I would recommend it to anyone - top drawer!
From: William, Moscow, Russia, 08/10
String type and tension: Prince Problend Hybrid @ 58 lbs
Headsize: Mid

Comments: I've been playing with the Power Bridge 10 for about three months now. It took me this long to adjust my game in order to tame this beast. But now, I'm very happy that I didn't give up in the process. The key was to trust the racket potential and allow it to do the job for me. The PB10 rewards players with long swings that have a good command of their footwork. At the net it feels very solid and accurate and volleys from anywhere in the court can't get any better. I had to add a little lead tape at 3 and 9 because it was vibrating a little bit, but after discovering where exactly the sweetspot was, this stick became a dream to play with. A must in your demo list.
From: Cristian, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 @53 lbs

Comments: Tried this mid @ 58 lbs with natural gut and proceeded to hit the first two balls about 20 feet up the back fence. Hit some amazing shots in the first set I played, but was too scared to really go after any shots. After all that, I cut out the gut after 1 set, strung it with a Signum Pro Poly Speed Spin @ 55 lbs and now it's good except I am still too early on some shots. First time in my life I have ever hit slice backhand winners-you can absolutely nail them. It's awesome!
From: Greg, Qld Australia, 08/10
String type and tension: Nat Gut, 58lb
NTRP Rating: ITN4

Comments: The most forgiving player's stick out there. Playtested for a week, as I used to use Volkl years ago when I played. Nice feel, nice power, nice control, felt quick net, exceptional for half-volleys and desperation pickups. Loved it serve returns. This frame will make most intermediate/advanced players much better, and quickly, because of how beautifully it rewards relaxed, smooth strokes. But I hated the grip, which has a weird vibration to it and just isn't solid somehow. More important, the Volkl's a tiny bit shaky against serious opposition: it just doesn't handle power combined with heavy spin that well. It's excellent at blunting a powerful shot and hitting some sort of finesse slice or flat ball back deep or angled (why it's great for serve returns). But compared with some other frames, it's relatively weak at consistently taking powerful topspin shots and sending them back with interest. So I ended up with the more demanding but also much stabler Wilson Six One Tour BLX. Don't get me wrong, though, for anybody who isn't a satellite-level player or above, this might be the best "feel" frame ever made. It can do everything and it will improve your strokes ASAP. Try it.
From: Bruce, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu 58

Comments: Exceptional control, pace, spin and mobility! I hit amazing groundstrokes, volleys, returns, serves. It may take a few minutes or a few hours, but I think everyone could love this Volkl Mid 10 racquet. It plays like 100-110 head size with amazing spin and control. I played some doubles on Sunday morning and I hit serves on a dime with super control and power. My slice and flat serves were not being returned very often. My service returns were impressively solid and consistent.
From: Pat, San Francisco, California, USA. 07/10
String and Tension: Luxilon Poly, 54 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 5.0+

Comments: After using Pro Staff Classic since 92, I needed to find a replacement because of arm trouble. I tested pretty much every player's frame on the market and none of them was worthy as replacement. Until I tested the Power Bridge 10 mid! At first I had some trouble adjusting coming from a very stiff and heavy frame like ProStaff Classic, but after about an hour of hitting I knew that I could get used to the PB10. Serves had GREAT control and power didn't go down as much as you would think. I was hitting blistering backhands right away, but it took some time to get my forehand dialed in, I think it had something to do with the Volkl grip shape which I don't like. I went home on fixed the grip by adding some tape to the grip, making it more like Wilson shape. The next day my forehand was much better with the new grip shape. I never hit so hard before with such control!. PB10 is the best frame I tested the last 18 years, and I tested A LOT!!. It's got a huge sweetspot for a mid and plays more like a mid+. IMO you don't have to be 5.0 to use this frame, but you gotta have long developed strokes to use it. Like others have mentioned, you have to play relaxed and let the racquet do the work, you will get plenty of power if you do, but is you try to muscle it, then it won't work for you!. It's just AWESOME, I'm gonna stock up, my arm never felt better.
From: Big Bang, Scandinavia. 7/10
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 1.10@52 lbs
NTRP Rating: Former div 1 player

Comments: I had been happy with my KBlade 98s, but read the TW review of this frame and had to try it. I agreed with their findings and bought it. I like a racquet that feels like it does what I tell it - no more, no less - and is easy on my body. This Volkl does that and feels entirely natural to me. Solid, substantial, reliable, pain-free. I play an all-court continental-style game that depends more on accuracy and variety than power (think McEnroe without the talent). This racquet suits me better than any other modern frame I've tried (I'm an old Wilson PS85 user). As other reviewers have said, it's taken me a little while to adjust, but now every outing is more and more satisfying. The KBlades are in my bag for back-up only.
From: Rob, LaGrange Park, IL, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Volkl Gripper 17, 55 lbs.

Comments: I demoed this racquet and was very surprised by its stability and control. I've been using the Wilson ncode 95 and then switched to Kfactor Tour 90 the past two years and I've been very successful. But I was very intrigued by this stick that I ordered one right away after I demoed it. My serve, volley, and groundies were right on, and even added a little more sting to all my strokes. It's a combination of control, stability, and spin production that makes this stick one of the best performance racquets in the market today. Demo this stick and there's a big possibility that you'll fall in love with this racquet! I won't dump my K90 but this Volkl stick will be in my bag from now on.
From: Joe, Shelton, CT, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power 16g
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I demoed this racquet for a full month before purchasing it - I wanted to try it in different conditions, against different players. In each situation, the PB10mid came through with flying colors. Like everyone says, it's an amazingly comfortable stick and it's surprisingly forgiving. It somehow plays a lot lighter than it is - and yet that weight is there for you where you need it. Shots feel amazingly stable, solid. You can go up against some real heavy hitters and this thing won't back down. The feel is just incredible - you really do feel connected to the ball. I had demoed the Babolat Aero Pro, Pure Drive, Pure Drive Roddick, as well as the Wilson 6.1.95 - all of those felt "numb" to me, no connection or feel. I also demoed the Volkl PB 10, the 10 light, and the PB9. All had excellent feel - but none had the control or stability of the PB10 mid. I should also say - I'm very much an intermediate player and had been using a Babolat 107 tweener stick. I was nervous to move to a heavy, control oriented player frame, especially one that was 93sq inches - and let me assure you, and the transition was smooth and painless. It was as if this was the racquet I should have been playing with the entire time. It just clicked with my game, and allowed me to play with proper technique. I'm now a full level ahead, and constantly impressing the people I play with. It really does force you to play good, solid tennis - I now can rely on my technique and form rather than technology.
From: Joshua, New York City, NY, USA, 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough Mains/Babolat VS cross

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for one month after playing with the Wilson K6.1 95 for more than 2 years. Switching to the Volkl was not easy for me, it took me a couple of weeks to adapt my game to the specs of this stick. I can frankly say that the adaptation process was not very enjoyable, but now I can truly say this racquet is simply great. It provides easy access to spin and allows you to hit flat and strong whenever needed without sacrificing too much control. My slice and kick serve improved a little bit (I believe my 1st serve percentage also increased). I tried several tensions (from 50 to 60 lb) and it feels better in the upper end of the tension range. Overall, a great racquet. The best I've tried so far. Don't blind buy it, it might not be for you.
From: Richard, Virginia. 6/10
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex 60 lbs

Comments: I recently switched from a Babolat Aero Storm Tour and I was a little nervous about the drop in the head size. I was completely wrong, my serve has at least 5 more mph with less effort; my kick serves are going higher. My forehand is finding its mark. When you actually find the sweet spot the shot will be perfect. I'm excited to try different string combinations. I'll comment again when I get the chance to.
From: Jesse, Tyler, TX, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: pro hurricane 17- 58 NRG2 18 - 60

Comments: What an incredible racquet! Bought it on a whim it would be good when I heard the raving reviews that the site gave it. Awesome control and power, my groundstrokes were powerful, accurate, and deep. I could really feel the DNX providing the racket with a forgiving sweetspot, which I felt like I hit every time. I switched to this from the Wilson BLX six.one tour. I liked everything about the racket except for the heavy weight and club like handling, making playing on a continual basis tiring. Comparably, this racket was a whip, and I felt that I could go all day and still feel great! I got it hybrid strung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough 16l at 54, and Babolat vs Thermogut 16. I HIGHLY recommend you get this racquet.
From: Eric, NJ, USA, 05/10

Comments: What bad can you say about this racquet? It gives a PERFECT blend of power and control, good weight, headsize, and string pattern, and the on court experience is amazing! Had this racquet about a month now and it beat these racquets that I demo'd: Head prestige mid, Yonex RQiS Light, BLX Tour 90, BLX 95, Babolat Pure Storm, Babolat Aero 98, and the Babolat Aero Tour 2008. I am surprised Volkl doesn't have pros who use these racquets!!!
From: Reid t., Ohio, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon TIMO 18, 62 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racket is amazing. I have used Prince EXO3 Rebel 95, K90, Ozone Pro Tour. I must say K90, hurt my arm real bad. But, of all the racquets I have played, this is the best in every department. It lacks a little on the slice though, but everything is near perfect. Chris, Danny, Kana, Granville, and the other folks are doing a pretty good job at reviewing, and I believe they are spot on with their analysis. These guys are doing a huge favour to the tennis community. It's a pleasure and joy to play with this stick, and it doesn't even hurt my elbow. Groundstrokes are buttery, stable, and they fall in most of the time. I hardly make errors when compared to the other rackets I have used. Never thought, 16*19 pattern could give so much control. Volkl have done some thing really magical with this stick. Whatever their technology, it works great. Well done, Volkl.
From: Owais, KSA, 05/10
String type and tension: 52lbs

Comments: Oh what a great stick! I fell in love with it just from the description on TW, and got impressed from all the reviews and the fact two of the testers from TW switched to this Volkl themselves. This racquet shines for my style of game (mostly doubles). It's demanding for sure, but gives you additional comfort compared to other player's sticks, without (!) sacrificing the control. Net play is amazingly sharp, as well as volleys and serves. Even on the baseline I got lot more stability and confidence. Overall, I can't name a single area of the game where I didn't gain more confidence. This racquet is that good! I used to play with n.code 6.1 95, then played a little with friend's n.code 6.1 Tour and felt the need to change my racquet. Started to look for some, encountered this Volkl in reviews, got excited, received it last week and what a treat!! Puts n.code 6.1 Tour to shame, at least for my style. So, if you love control, if you want to slice and spin with great results, serve with confidence, precision and power, play great volleys and still have comfort - that is a dream stick. A must demo racquet for a 4.0+ player.
From: Nick, Seoul, Korea. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power, 53 lbs

Comments: How could one not love this racquet? It gives you superb Feel, Control, Stability and the right amount of Power. You do need to prepare early and don't worry, go for your shots. This is the best racquet I've ever played with. You really feel you are playing with a much lighter racquet with a bigger racquet headsize. It is an amazing stick.
From: Anon., La Grange, Il USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Natural gut mains, Luxilon crosses mid tension.
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I bought two mainly based on the specs of the racquet (very similar to what I've used hitherto minus the stiffness) and the TW/customer reviews. First, the two racquets are identical as to weight (348g and 347g) and balance (31,7cm). Quality impression is on the same high standard as my Yonex RDiS 100 mid. As expected from the low stiffness ratio, there is some give on ball impact, but the feel is still crisp and well defined; there is nothing softish or wobbly, no bad vibrations on slight off center hits. You really feel connected with the ball in a quite unique way. The frame seems to hold and give at the right places. Weight and balance are just right for me. The racquet feels as stable as my Wilson K95 without the latter's club like handling and the slim frame really cuts the air: spin potential is amazing. It is easy to hit fast strokes with heavy topspin, both (semi-western) forehand and (1-h) backhand. Sharp and aggressive slices on both wings are a treat, volleys are easy to place. This must be one of the best serving racquets, too. Technically, to get out the most out of this racquet, you need to have long, relaxed swings with early preparation and you must see the ball well. You can't cheat this stick. Tactically, there are presumably more suitable choices for a defensive baseliner or someone who tries to overwhelm his opponent with power only. A serve an' volley guy or an all court player with precision in his game are the ones to get really hot over this racquet.
From: Andrew, Munich, Bavaria, Germany. 05/10
String type and tension: 1. Tecnifibre Black Code 1.18 at 22 kg; 2. Babolat Natural Gut VS Team at 22 kg
NTRP Rating: 3.5?

Comments: Like others, I did not demo this racquet first, instead I just bought this racquet based of TW's review and other customers' reviews. This racquet took me 2 days to adjust to and it's the BEST racquet I have used. All of my shots improved from forehand to the overhead. I also noticed greater control from this racquet. My flat serve, however, felt slower when I would hit with this racquet. First day my flat serve was not possible, but second day flat serve was picking up some speed but not how it was originally with my previous racquet. I suppose with enough use my flat serve would be as fast as it used to be or maybe even better. Like other racquets, you have to be in position and prepared to hit the tennis ball. I am able to take a full swing at the tennis ball and most of the time the shot will go in and the feeling upon contact is quite sweet. This racquet is a must demo for anyone from intermediate skill level to advanced.
From: Kenny, NJ, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 String Red at 56lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5