Comments: Been using this stick for about 4 months or so, now and I have to say it is my favorite racquet hands down. Great power and touch from the baseline to the net. The heavier frame compliments my game well, but may not for all players. Able to generate great topspin from a semi-western grip that feels natural and easy on the arm (possibly also due to the string setup). Serves felt effortless and more commanding than with previous sticks. Great durability and feel on the arm. As a collegiate player who practices just about everyday, the racquet hasn't caused any type of added stress or discomfort to any part of the arm. Previously used a Babolat Pure Drive GT+. Overall, I feel that this racquet compliments someone who likes to whip groundstrokes and applies plenty of spin to shots. Highly underrated racquet, will be purchasing more in the future. Sting Setup: Mains: Luxilon power blue 16g 57lbs; Crosses: Technifibre Red Code 17g 55 lbs
From: Christian, 7/14

Comments: This racquet has a ton of power, but I think a lot of that came from my swing speed and the overall weight of the racquet, rather than anything specific about the Volkl Organix 8. I found that I had to exaggerate my strokes to keep the ball in the court. I have been a Volkl fan for several years now and only recently gave up my set of Volkl V1 Powerbridges. I lost a lot of feel, but don't let my opinion deter you trying out this racquet, but definitely try it out first.
From: Mary, 4/14

Comments: The Organix 8 is indeed a beast racquet in terms of power. I've been trying different strings at different tensions and what I have found so far is that if you want to use synthetic strings on this frame go high on tension so that you can control the sheer power. However, if you like poly like I do, then you have a bit of work to do. I believe this new series of Organix frames are string specific. So, you will have to find the kind of string that plays well with this frame. I decided to use Volkl Cyclone Tour and tried it at 53 lbs and 55 lbs. I liked 53 lbs, but I will try 52 lbs next. Another thing I noticed is that this frame is not too forgiving when you hit off center shots. It lacks a bit in stability but I guess you can fix it with a bit of lead tape on 3 and 9 points but don't go crazy with the extra weight otherwise your shoulder will let you know. Playing with this frame is awesome.
From: Gino, 4/13

Comments: I have to agree with all comments above. This frame has tons of power and it allows for lots of spin. It is fun to hit slices with it. Hitting serves with this frame is absolutely gorgeous. Very easy to hit kickers, slicers and flat ones. The swingweght for my game is perfect. A tad bit heavy in the head but manageable especially if you are playing doubles. I will try to play with same or different strings strung at 53 lbs just so I can tap a bit more on the power of this frame. Cyclone tour provides a lot of control. This frame is indeed sensitive to the tension and type of string you set on it.
From: G-man, 4/13

Comments: If you are a solid 4.5 player or above and can generate good topspin, this is a fabulous frame. Easy controllable power in a maneuverable package. Get ready to be in beast mode.
From: Noah, 12/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 55 lbs

Comments: This is an absolute beast of a racquet for the all court player after a bit more power. I've been a Roddick user and loved the power and spin, but always found lack of control & the pingy feel annoying. My local pro shop owner & stringer is always going on about the Volkl's, and never took any notice until another one of my sticks cracked and he told me to take out the X8 315g demo. Firstly the muted feel was so weird, but the more I hit with it the more I fell in love with the ultra solid feel and the extra bit of control I had on my shots compared to the Roddick. Got 3 of these and have been using them for 3+ months now, and these are simply the best feeling & playing stick in this class. Definitely worth a demo.
From: Riley, 7/12
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power @ 52/50 lbs

Comments: Perfect racquet if you wish to improve your game and hit with heavy controlled spin. It is string sensitive and does well with plus at lower tension. Solid feel and handles well on all strokes. I have been through the gauntlets multiple racquets and this is the best and with no elbow pain. Cosmetics are great and stylish. Above all comfort control and power are perfect with a poly at low tensions. Other combos will suffer. Enjoy the drive with a plush solid feeling racquet and you will improve and enjoy tennis much more.
From: Joel, 4/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPm Blast 17, 54 lbs

Comments: For those wondering if this frame will cause arm problems, my experience has been that it is arm- friendly. I was using the Wilson BLX 6.1. 95 18x20 and no matter what string combination I used, my elbow ached. I am now using the Organix 8 315 with 15 gauge synthetic gut (Kirschbaum) in the mains at 52 and a 16 gauge hex poly in the crosses at 48 with a dampener, and no twinges at all in the elbow. The ball does fly sometimes if you're out of control, but I think there is plenty of controllable power to be had, especially if you focus on being fundamentally sound.
From: Joshua, 12/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Syn Gut and Golden Set Hex Poly

Comments: I demoed the Organix 8, Organix 10 and Babolat AeroPro Drive GT and I like the Organix 8 a lot better in play. I hit with the ball machine and Babolat seemed better (very solid) but in real play Organix 8 is a lot more maneuverable. Excellent serve, volley, power from the back of the court, drop shot. It is very nice. Organix 8 has a lot more power than Organix 10. I am concerned about tennis elbow so I will buy the Organix 8 instead of Babolat AeroPro Drive GT.
From: Nicky, 12/11
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: The Volkl Organix 8 (315) is a smooth hitting, solid and powerful racquet. If you like the power racquets from Babolat like the Pure Drive Roddick then you will love the Power Bridge 8. This racquet is stable and it's a spin monster, stiff without being harsh on the arm. The beam is narrow and it whips through the air easily. This is a great racquet for modern players and it plays well in all areas of the court.
From: Sam, 11/1

Comments: I tried this racquet due to some arm issues and read that this was an arm friendly option comparable to my old racquet (Babolat Pure Drive Roddick). I am still experiencing arm issues so this racquet may or may not help but the playability of this is actually superior to the Babolat's I think. I like the constant beam width and this racquet is extremely stable when playing opponents with heavy shots. The racquet is light in your hand but very powerful and does a lot of the work for you. I have found is very sensitive to string and ended up settling on synthetic gut and it plays very crisp and controllable. Yes, the string breakage does happen with the open pattern but the benefit of the high playability in this frame has been worth it. I highly recommend this racquet to Babolat or Prince users looking for a narrower beam but a light, stable, powerful racquet for an all court style.
From: Bryan, 11/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 17g synthetic gut, 58 lbs

Comments: Soon as you put the Volkl Organix 8 315 in the hand, the first thing you notice is the great balance and feel. It hits the cleanest groundstrokes ever, and the great power and spin generation make this one addictive stick. I've hit with the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT quite a bit and the Head Extreme Pro and the Organix 8 315 has a much more solid feel and much more enjoyable character. This is a great addition to the Organix family.
From: Chad, 9/11