Volkl Super G 8 (315g) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: You remember the question, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Well I believe your style of swing doesn't control the racquet, instead, your style will slightly change with diferent racquets. When I changed from the Babolat Pure Drive 107 to the Super G 8 315, right away I noticed that my swing became much more smooth, controlled, confident and less jerky, speedy, and hesitant, as with the 107. The smooth extra weight of the 315 makes it easy to drive hard, down the line forehands. With the lighter Babolat, the ball went more cross court. At first the only negitive was slower serves because of the 315 weight, but with practice, that is OK now. Plus, I love the paint job! I'm a 67 year old 3.5/4.0 person playing 3 times a week -- 6 months in Florida, and 6 months in France each year .
From: Jack, 8/16

Comments: I have to say every review below is very accurate -- I love this racquet. I demo'd quite a few Volkls before I went with this one. The others I demoed were the Super G V1 Pro, the ball popped off like a trampoline -- I had to add some lead tape to it -- I didn't like it on volleys because it felt unstable on the backhand side. With the Super G 8 315g, volleys were awesome and it was very easy to maneuver the racquet. Overheads had lots of power, right out of the box this racquet has zero ball vibration on the arm. Serves were good as well and it was easy to hit groundstrokes. I strung it with Cyclone Red Strings 16g at 52 lbs and it seems to be working great. By the way, I am a solid 3.5 player looking to move up to 4.0.

Comments: This is a very comfortable racquet with a good blend of power and control. Having Golfer's Elbow for many years, I usually stay away from high stiffness racquet. My older racquet was the IG Prestige Pro with a flex rating of 62. Usually I only play with racquets with flex ratings lower than 65. However, after demoing this racquet, I found this racquet is not harsher on my elbow than my other lower stiffness racquet, probably due to the combination of its power, special grommet and handle system. Compared to my Prestige Pro, I can generate more power on my serve and groundstrokes. I can also hit a better penetrating slice with it. Now this is my weapon of choice. I also bought older version of Organix 8 315, which feels very similar as Super G 8 315. Also this racquet is very string friendly, meaning it can accommodate to different poly strings and plays great with different strings. My only complaint is the quality control. All super G 8 315 that I bought (not from TW) is 8-10 grams less than specificed 315g strung weight. It's not a big problem after I added some lead tape under the handle. I would highly recommend this to anyone has elbow problem while finding traditional low flex rating racquet too low powered to try this racquet.

Comments: I play open level tennis and it took me about six months to totally adjust to this Volkl. But it paid off in spades. Truly a pro's racquet, it makes other popular production sticks seem crude. This feels more like a custom racquet. Its lightweight begs you to delay your shots till the last possible moment, then explode with a lightning fast swing. That is the main idea behind the timing of this model, because that face is gonna come around like a bolt of lightning. I couldn't get the timing correct after switching over from the APD at first, but it all came together. It's great!

Comments: I am 65 and I like it a lot. My shoulder and arm like it too. I can create good spin on groundstrokes and serves. I play mostly doubles these days and it volleys well. After playing with mine several months now, I don't understand why more people don't use Volkl racquets.
From: Sandy, 5/15

Comments: I'd compare it to a slightly heavier Pure Drive but with better feel and arm friendliness. Serves great, rock solid on volleys, and excellent backhand slices. This is an excellent doubles racquet and a potential killer singles racquet if you can control the power with good amounts of topspin. Volkl's Super G racquets are easily the most underrated out there right now.
From: Luxinterna, 3/15

Comments: I recently demoed and switched to this racquet. What a pleasant surprise -- this racquet has been given a high stiffness rating. It plays nothing like its numbers and is very comfortable and easy to play with. It has very good access to spin and volleys are amazing. The feel coming off the string bed is very good thanks to the super grommets. Overall, a very good all around racquet that is worth demoing. I went one step further and purchased one.
From: Hari, 12/14

Comments: Love this racquet! I'm 46 and recently started playing tennis again. I have an original Volkl Quantum v1 midplus that I played with back in 2000. I started having some tennis elbow issues so I thought updating my racquet would help. I read many reviews on different racquets and decided to demo the Super G8 (315). I couldn't be happier! This racquet has a lot of power. I don't I have to swing as hard to generate good pace. Control is awesome. I can pretty much put the ball anywhere I want now. My serves are more consistent and I can put more spin on a ball. Best of all, my tennis elbow has gone away. Needless to say, I ordered a new Super G8 before I sent the demo back! I'm a 3.5 player now and with this racquet, I should to be a 4.0 soon. I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Bruce, 8/14

Comments: Really liking this frame. I have played with the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick for the last 7 years and was looking for something new with similar specs. This racquet is very maneuverable. I'm a 4.5 aggressive baseliner with a topspin serve. I can serve and volley, but tend to work my way to the net with ground strokes. Spin production is very noticeable and I play with a lot of topspin anyway, but this took it to the next level. Seems very controllable -- especially on my 2 handed backhand. Still working on the forehand side as the lighter swing weight (from PDR) is taking a little time to adjust to and I might add some lead, but debating this as the racquet feels great in your hand without and I'm hesitant to change the balance. Volleys are a joy and serves are good as well. The red with bright yellow graphics looks super -- one of the best looking racquets I've seen in awhile. Stiffness rating is high, but it doesn't feel stiff and there is no arm issues. I strung mine at 52 lbs with Cyclone and took the dampener out -- in my opinion it doesn't need a dampener as the built in handle system seems to do the job just fine. Also, without the dampener I got great feel. Will play test this a while longer to see if it works for my game, but overall I'm impressed.

Comments: I have been playing with Babolat Pure Drive for the last 8 years. I got a tennis elbow in the last months and the Volkl Organix 8 Super G (315g) was recommended to me by the guy at the club pro shop. I demoed the racquet and found a lot of similarities with the Pure Drive with a very clean sensation when hitting the ball. It is a Pure Drive with more power especially on topspin and slices. I feel that it is slightly less forgiving than the Pure Drive when you hit a ball that is not centered. Smooth on the arm as I felt less pain after playing than with the Pure Drive. All in all this will be my future racquet.
From: Stephane, 3/14

Comments: I have been playing with the Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid the past 4 years, but I am now 47 years old 5+ player and my vision and eye-hand coordination isn't good enough to handle the fast pace of the heavy hitters I often face; so in the past two years I have being hitting a lot more frame shots than usual and I have being trying to block a lot more balls, which is not what the 10 Mid is for. One of the pros in my club told me to go for a racquet at least 98 in. with an open string pattern and after quite a bit of research I bought this Volkl Organix 8 Super G (315 gr). I have it string at 55 lbs to let the racquet do the talking, but with a soft and control oriented string since the frame is rated as stiff and powerful. All can I said, after just a month playing with this racquet, it is a game changer; you can hit with power, control, top-spin, slides and even propel some nice flat shots, it does it all. The only thing you cannot really do is go all the way full force with the flat shots like I do with the 10 Mid, but you can go for control flat shots to change the pace and then rip a top spin in your next one and see the face of surprise from your opponent after it. I have been tempted to increase the weight but I don't want to mess-up the near perfect balance; and to tell the true, I played with a couple of heavy hitters and none have made a dent on the racquet, I block balls back effortlessly and kept them in the back of the court, so this frame needs no additional weight. I will come back in 4 to 6 months to comment about this racquet after I can really get used to it, I am also planning on reducing the string tension a notch or two since the control is amazing taken in account the power it has.
From: Fernando, 3/14