Volkl Organix 10 Mid Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I've now played with the X10 Mid for a few months and I'm pretty happy with it. I had been using a Wilson HyperCarbon ProStaff 6.1 and I demo'd the X10 mid, the PB10 mid, and a Head Prestige MP. The Prestige MP didn't have the plow through I was looking for -- I tried the Prestige Pro as well but liked the feel of the Volkl sticks better. PB10 was a little mushy for me -- if you really like that trampoline feel then definitely try it, but I preferred the X10. The X10 mid really rewards a clean stroke, with a really crisp, powerful and arm-friendly response. Now, my strokes aren't that clean all the time (haha) but I do prefer the mid-size head. I string Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 17 at 58 lbs and I get great spin and control (took me a while to get the string selection dialed in as I was trying to get used to playing at 5000ft above sea level again after being in GA for a couple of years). If you like midsize frames, definitely try this one -- not everyone is going to like it but I get the feeling that if it works for you, it's REALLY going to work for you.
From: Patrick, 3/14

Comments: I demo'd this racquet and was completely unimpressed. Compared to the C10 Pro, the swing weight seemed heavy, the response harsh, and the power/control mediocre. There was nothing remarkable about this racquet whatsoever. If you're curious, then go ahead and demo, but I guarantee you will put it down quickly in favor of something else.
From: JM, 3/14

Comments: I switched to this racquet in late February after playing with the PB10 Mid for two years prior. I loved the soft and plush feeling from my PB 10 Mid, but I felt like I was constantly getting "outgunned" by players using the Pure Drives or AeroPro Drives (league players will know what I mean). That's where this racquet really shines -- access to power is very easy. Especially on out-of-position shots where us average players need it the most. I've actually never played with a mid size racquet that has this much power. It's somewhat addictive. But at the same time, I'm still able to get a good feel with touch shots, especially the drop shot. It does swing slower than the PB 10 Mid so there is definitely an adjustment period. But after making that adjustment, I find I'm getting more bite on my backhand slice and more weight on my topspin forehand. Now I'm finding it more and more difficult to hit with my PB10 MId.
From: BC, 11/13

Comments: Been playing a Volkl for years back to the BB10, but this stick is strange. On contact, the racquet vibrates like, well, a vibrator. I'm talking about being able to feel it down your spin. I checked, the local pro checked it, and there is no structural damage. Contacted Volkl (customer service sucks), finally sent the racquet back to them and they returned it saying nothing wrong here. I'm playing with a PB10 right now and it's a great stick, no vibration, pure butter. Either I'm nuts or Volkl is, but if this is a standard issue, run from this racquet.
From: WR, 11/13

Comments: The Organix 10 Mid is crisper than the PB 10 Mid. It doesn't swing that easy, but I think my serve is better with this updated racquet. If you are looking for feel and control, use the previous model. If you want to have a quicker response from the sweetspot, you can switch to the Organix.
From: Jan, 9/13

Comments: I was looking for a comfortable midsize frame and this Organix 10 shows up with some decent specs. I asked for the heaviest one and it came in at 12.3oz strung with 18g Cyclone. Excellent power and that's about it. Unstable, uncomfortable and innacurate. Added some lead to the hoop but it didn't help much. I own many midsize frames and never have I ever been so disappointed.
From: Sander, 9/13

Comments: Awesome update! I've been playing with a very heavy customized PB10 Mid since 2009, and this new X10 Mid plays almost as well, stock, as my PB 10 Mid with an extra 40 grams of lead tape. I used only 10 grams on this upgrade to get the same ball quality, but I can swing the racquet much faster since it is much lighter. A stock X10 Mid is also really crisp, and doesn't flutter or move too fast as a stock PB 10 Mid does. If you want more spin and quicker string bed response, I would go with the X10. If you want more dwell time, stay with the now classic PB 10 Mid.
From: Elliot, 3/13

Comments: I have been demoing this racquet for several days. A few comments. First, I believe we have a basic miscommunication here. The weight of this racquet, as mentioned by TW in the most recent post and as I mentioned in an earlier post is 11.6 unstrung. (TW Spec on the web site reads 11.8 but that is a typo) Slap on some string and you are at 12.1 static weight. As far as comments of the playability of this racquet. I have used it for several days and like it a lot. For me the control is great, the power is ample and I found it maneuverable enough to handle some hard hitting shots. I have been desperately looking for something to replace the Wilson K Blade Tour. The current Wilson Blade 93 is not even close. I would definitely recommend this racquet to any one looking for a mid size that is able to generate their own power.
*Note from TW* - we have reviewed our specs, and again, this is not a typo, however individual racquet weights vary.

Comments: I agree with David, I sent email to TW but they seem to refuse that they messed up, weight is wrong so the balance should also be wrong, and swing weight seems very low for a racquet this heavy.
From: Tor, 3/13
*Note from TW* - the differences in individual racquet weights is within the manufacturers tolerances and the racquet that we have at TW and have measured may be a different weight (and SW) than the racquet you have received. With that being the case, yes, the SW of your racquet (that may weigh more than the one TW has tested) is probably different. We are giving the SW at the weight of the racquet that we have and used which was 11.8 strung. You can email info@tennis-warehouse.com for further info/discussion.

Comments: I just received the Volkl Organix 10 for a demo but this racquet is heavier than quoted on the TW website. TW reports 11.8 strung. The racquet frame/manufacturer reads 11.6 unstrung and my scale (which is accurate), shows the strung racquet at 12.2 ounces. I think TW has an error on their site. So the question I have is, what is the SW? TW reports 318, but I'm skeptical.

Comments: Is TW going to do a review on this one? I currently have the Organix 10 Midplus (98) and I want to get a smaller headsize racquet, but want to know if I should opt for the older PB Mid rather than the Organix.
(Note: TW is in the process of writing the review, it will be up soon! Check out our video review until then!)

Comments: I demo'd one of these the other day and upon striking the first ball with it literally put a smile on my face. It hits the ball incredibly crisp, and just felt solid as a rock but incredibly comfortable. Served bombs too. I think it was strung with Volkl synthetic gut of some kind at an average tension. Can't wait to order a couple of these.
From: Brad, 3/13

Comments: I've been using the PB10 Mid for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. When the Organix 10 Mid came out, I immediately ordered two and strung them the same way as my PB10s (Solinco Tour Bite 17 at 48 lbs). After playing with the Organix 10 for almost a month, I switched back to the PB10s. The new Organix version has a similar static weight and balance, however the swingweight is much higher than the PB10s. I've always loved the maneuverability of the PB10 and the Organix 10 just doesn't have that. The higher swingweight gives the ball extra pop but seems to be at the cost of control. I had to alter my swing to accomodate this. I'm sure the Organix 10 Mid will work well with a lot of advance-level players. It's still a good racquet to play with. However, if you are expecting a familiar racquet to the PB10, then you will be disappointed.
From: Janard, 2/13

Comments: I have been longing for this racquet due to the outstanding feedback on the previous model PB10 mid, which I have been playing for over 1.5 years. Nevertheless, this version plays very differently in terms of its swingweight, because it's hefty. Maybe a leather grip will help to make it more headlight, or else it is quite disappointing to me.
From: Billy, 2/13
String type and tension: MSV Co-Focus 1.18 @ 52/50 lbs

Comments: If you like playing with the Federer's Wilson BLX 90 racquet or even the Head Prestige you will love this one! It's lighter and has the control all in one. It's sweet! I just switched from the Fed racquet to this! A true player's frame.
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough @ 50 lbs

Comments: Love this racquet. Just ordered it after playing with the PB10 for a while. I strung it with X1 Biphase mains at 60 lbs and Pro Red Code crosses at 57 lbs. After hitting with it for a few hours today I find that it has a bit more power than the PB10 with no compromise on control. Seems to have a larger sweetspot and more spin potential as well. Feels a bit heavier than the PB10, higher swingweight probably, which actually works out better for me. Very arm friendly as well. Only downside is that serves didn't have much pop.
From: Harry, 1/13

Comments: It plays just like the Power Bridge Mid 93, but with less precision. The swingweight is very hefty as well on this one. I do not agree it's 318. The specs are all over the place on different websites. Feels like 333 swing weight to me. It would be nice if it really was 318, because that's why I got this racquet.
From: Craig, 1/13
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 17g @ 50 lbs

Comments: I'm really excited about the Organix 10 Mid. I currently use the Organix 10 Midplus which I love for its comfort and the heavy ball it produces, but it's difficult for me to get the 325g around quickly when I'm under pressure. I also use the Technifibre 320 VO2 Max, which is a perfect weight but the stiffness hurts my arm after a set of singles. The Organix 10 Midplus actually makes my arm feel better! Like I'd just had a massage on my arm. I like the specs on the Organix 10 Midplus and the fact that it's a Volkl, which has a feel and grip shape that I love.
From: Martin, 1/13