Volkl V-Icon Natural Gut 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: Very good, durable option for natural gut. I strung it on my RF97A at 60 lbs (constant pull with 15% pre-stretch) in the mains with Alu Power 16L in crosses at 56 lbs. Strings up like a multi, the synthetic coating is quite thick on this string so don't have to worry about damaging it. First day out felt a bit boardy, but as days went on it softened up some and gave way to the best feeling stringbed I've ever played with -- comfortable like a pillow with tons of spin, feedback and full control. It has been 11 hours of fairly hard rallying and it looks like the string has plenty of life left. For reference -- I popped the multi mains in 1.5 hours and poly in about 9 hours.
From: Anton, 8/15

Comments: My stringer had a hard time to work on this string due to streching continuously. It started to fray after one hour of play. Its durability, feel, and comfort are worse than any cheap multi strings. I do not recommend it.
From: Steven, 11/13

Comments: While I haven't tried this in a full set, I have used this in the crosses of the V-fuse hybrid. Tension maintenance was perfect, like a regular gut -- good power, exceptional spin, and surprisingly durable. I thought it would not be so durable given the cheaper price, but I was wrong. The yellow color looks great as well! I would say though this string is probably not as good as Wilson or Babolat gut, so V-fuse or V-blast might be the better alternative.
From: Scotty, 9/13