Comments: Played pretty crisp - somewhat like the X-1 Biphase though didn't have as much power as Biphase. Spin potential was better than a typical multifilament due to its textured coating. I found it to not be as arm friendly as I'd like at higher tensions, but at around mid (55) or below, the strings started to pocket the ball somewhat nicely. I do agree that the strings moved around a bit, but it wasn't to the point of driving me crazy. One huge downfall was that the string broke after 3 hours of play! It came at a shock to me since I don't hit with huge amounts of spin.
From: Jun, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 09/10
(4.0-4.5)

Comments: I have been using the Gripper 17 for about 2 months now. I find that there is initial movement of the strings which actually reduces once grooves are formed between the respective mains and crosses. It's decent feel and good for the elbow. Overall, a decent value proposition. I will compare this to gut one of these days. Enjoy!
From: David, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. 07/10

Comments: I had this string put in two different racquets at the mid-tension for each. Immediately I noted how easily the string moved and after every hit, a lot. I personally don't like string that moves that much and it drove me nuts to adjust the string after every point. I did notice good spin, but the movement was far too much for me to continue with it, guess I switch back to the Volkl Cyclone or Wilson Hollow Core Pro.
From: Kevin, Charlotte, NC, USA, 07/10

Comments: This is a good string, has power and is soft on the arm. Only issue is stringing up the racquet as the string tends to bend and unravel easily if you are not careful.
From: Anony, SF, CA, USA. 4/10

Comments: Plays a lot like Klip's Excellerator and Wilson's NXT, except that its textured surface gives it more body and bite (promotes spin). Textured multis haven't typically worked as well as this one.
From: Peter, USA. 03/10