Comments: I can say I am a baseliner with powerful forehands and 2-handed backhands. I also like aproach shots. I had long been searching before i decided to buy DNX9. I used Fischer Explosion, Wilson NCode NTour and Head Radical MP before and decided to buy a new frame about 11-11.5 oz., 95-98 headsize and 16/19 or 16/20 string pattern. My last racquet (Head) was a little powerless and too demanding for me maybe because of its tight string pattern. After couple of months of searching, my choices were Tecnifibre TFlight 295, Babolat Pure Storm, Yonex RQIS1 Tour, Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 and of course Volkl DNX9. I have to confess that I was not sure about Volkl because it was not as famous as the other manufacturer brands among my friends and vicinity. But starting from the first touch and hit I felt in love with the frame's excellent feel, comfort, precision and power. Even if its strung weight is 11.5 oz. I feel as if it is lighter and the frame gives me the chance of perfect maneuverability. It is very comfortable to move with the stick on every point on the court. DNX9 never disturbs your arm and wrist and it is very whippy because of 6 pts headlight. My game improved to a better level. Now it is easier form me to produce powerful aggressive shots due to faster swing speed without the anxiety of keeping the ball in the court. I don't have to sacrifice control or anything to get more power and spin. I recommend Tecnifibre XR3 17 String mains @ 55 and crosses @ 54 (I think this is a perfect marriage for the frame and strings). If you are looking for the stick with the specs I mentioned at the beginning, this will absolutely be the best choice. Thanks, Volkl.
From: ILTER, ANKARA, TURKEY. 4/10
String type and tension: TECNIFIBRE XR3 17, MAINS @55, CROSSES @54
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Have used these racquets for a couple of years. Maybe it's just because I've gotten used to it, but this racquet really does feel like an extension of my arm. When I play with my prince o3 speedport tour sure maybe I can hit the ball harder and with more spin. But with that racquet I don't have the same connection with the ball or confidence in my shots. On the down side, the paint job is pretty cheap: expect lots of flaking and holes in the paint with time. My next racquet will be either a Wilson or another Volkl.
From: CB50, Atlanta, GA, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Gosen og micro 16

Comments: This racket is fantastic! I used to use Babolats pure drive Roddick but couldn't control my serves. I asked my coach if he would recommend any rackets. Te then let me had a couple of hits with his dnx 9. Now I own 3 of these rackets. :)
From: Josh, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England 02/10
String type and tension:Technifibre black code

Comments: I was excited to demo this based on the reviews and specs. It didn't live up to them at all--It's good racquet but not outstanding nor does it have any single strength. Serves well enough, but not so accurate on groundies and it feels springy and ball easily goes long (strings were Wilson NXT, mid tension), spin is underwhelming. My experience with Volkl is they're stiff and metallic feeling and not a lot of feel on the ball. As far as I know no prominent touring pros uses Volkl--may be a reason.
From: Steve, Davis, CA 02/10
NTRP 4.5

Comments: JUST LOVE IT!! Every time I play with this racquet I really enjoy it. I've played with many racquets, but this one really stands out. For such a lightweight racquet it offers great stability. I am able to hit any shot with the confidence. It has just enough power and excellent feel. It is hard to find racquet like this. Well done Volkl.
From: Boris. 06/09
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly-Plasma

Comments: The first thing I noticed was a very soft and forgiving feel from the string bed. This may be from the softer strings the demo came with, but the racquet had an almost spongy feel to it. I loved it. It was different than anything I've hit with before so it took some getting used to, but I was soon able to groove on the feel. With such a soft feel you know exactly what the ball is doing when you make contact. Out of Fisher, Wilson, Head, Prince, Dunlop, and Pro-Kennex sticks, this one is my favorite.
From: Tim, Boise, Idaho, U.S.A. 3/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Fat Core 16

Comments: This is a great tennis frame. Been using it for more than a year on and off (but now totally on!). I love the feel and balance, and while I've duplicated the exact same specs on other frames (Pro Kennex 5G and Dunlop 300 AG) none come close to feeling and playing as well as the DNX 9. The racket offers great touch, incredible stability, and lots of power without any loss of control. Look forward to the time in the near future when Volkl begins to discount these beauties. I'll buy a bunch.
From: JP, Fox Point, WI. 3/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II 1.15 @47 and Gosen Sheep Micro 17 @ 55.

Comments: Adored this frame from day #1. After two shoulder surgeries, the Prestige Classic 600 quickly became too demanding for me. I was looking for something somehow similar to the PC600 with a larger and more forgiving headsize. After demoing several Midplus frames, I narrowed the search to 4 frames: Tecnifibre TFight 320, Dunlop M-Fil 200, Yonex RDS 002 Tour and Volkl DNX9. After a month of testing all four racquets, the DNX9 was the one that impressed me the most. It's a tad on the light side for my own taste, but the crisp yet solid response compensated it. Serves, volleys, groundstrokes, everything clicked. She truly IS an all-around frame (yes, mine is a SHE!). My shoulder is thankful :)
From: Andrés, Argentina. 10/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Touch Turbo @57 lbs
NTRP Rating: Equivalent 5.5

Comments: This racquet rocks. I was in a tournament today and playing with my pro Slazenger. I snapped a string mid-match and switched to the DNX 9 (they are very similar). The DNX had more power and an excellent feel. I was able to blast balls from any direction with accuracy and bite. I had strings that gave amazing spin also. I love this racquet. Another fine volkl product.
From: Alec, CA, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Poly's, 65
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This is the best racket I've used to date. I used to hit with the Microgel Extreme Pro. While the extreme was good, I hurt my wrist playing with it. With the DNX9, every shot was controllable. It is lighter than what I'm used to but its surprisingly stable. A stable racket that's so maneuverable... that's hard to find!
From: Mamamonch, 07/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 53lbs

Comments: I love this racket! It's certainly one of the most solid rackets I've ever played. I get enough spin, awesome control and have great touch with it. I am still experimenting with the tensions. I've gone from 56lbs to 58lbs and now I'm toying with going to 59lbs or possibly 60lbs. I haven't played competitively for more than 15 years, but to be back on the horse with this racket in my hand makes me very confident.
From: Keith, Toms River, NJ, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Power (17) 58lbs
Headsize: 98"
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: To call this "the worst racquet ever" is just silly. The DNX9 is a wonderfully balanced frame that has much to offer to all sorts of players -- baseliners, serve-and-volley folks, big hitters, touch players. Yes, you do need to generate most of the power but it is a very easy frame to whip through the air. And while the sweet spot is not huge when you hit this racquet well it is as good as it gets. Give the DNX9 a try. It is a lively, exciting frame that just may bring out the best in your game.
From: Jon, Milwaukee. 5/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase 18 @58

Comments: This racket is one of the most solid rackets I've tried. It has nice pop and is just about perfect in terms of power. I can generate a ton of spin, and overall it's perfect for an all-court player, which is why I ended up going with the DNX9. I felt like it had the perfect balance for net play and baseline play. I added some lead to the head and handle to give it a little more heft.
From: Rich, Canada. 4/08
String type and tension: Gosen SP @ 58lbs
NTRP Rating: 6.0 +

Comments: I tried it as a demo. The worst racquet ever. I really use a Babolat Pure Drive cortex, and it has so much more power and control. I recommend the Pure Drive cortex.
From: Nick, Sydney, NSW, Australia. 4/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 53 lbs

Comments: One of the best players of ATP tour,Radek Stepanek of Czech Republic, is playing this model. As his contract with Volkl finished at the end of 2007, he bought 300 pieces of them to play them probably till his career end. He has got this racket tuned. I play this type as well; I am very satisfied with the alliance of power and control. I would recommend putting some lead tapes in the head of the frame, the power increases, the control stays.
From: Jirka, Spindleruv Mlyn, Czechia, 03/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum 1, 56lbs
Headsize: 98sq.in.

Comments: This racquet is OK. Don't let those people fool you who try to say it has lots of power. Unless you have pretty big muscles and good form you will not have good power with this racquet. If you want power from the racquet, you better hope your opponent hits a nice high groundstroke to you so you can take advantage of it. Don't get me wrong, this racquet isn't bad. It does have good topspin and can hit very heavy angles, but if you are a player looking for a racquet that can help you burn a few balls past your opponent, this is not it.
From: Zach, United States. 3/08
String tension: 62

Comments: I am now playing my 3rd Volkl frame. I really like the Volkls because they have a fantastic dampening system. I can play for hours and hours and not have to worry about issues related to shock. I had been playing the BB 10, which I was happy with, but I was ready for a change. I demoed this racquet and immediately was impressed with the comfort of this stick. I like hanging out at the baseline and ripping shots, and this racquet pulls it off easily. Tons of top spin available if you want it...topspin lobs? No problem! Drop shot with backspin? Piece of cake! Rip one down the middle? Easy! This racquet really has it all for me. I can hit kick serves, slice serves or flat powerful ones as well. It has a great comfortable feel that makes it very playable. You can put soft 'gut' type strings on it and it will play very well and give you some nice pop as well. I put the harder laser fibres on my 2nd frame (gotta have at least two of the same racquets) and I really enjoy it. I highly recommend you try this one.
From: Barry, CT, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: Laser Fibre Supreme 17, 58 main 56 cross

Comments: After taking tennis up again after ten years I decided to try out many of the newer frames and shelving my Prince Graphite Oversize. While a great frame I wanted a lighter racket in my old age (I'm 43). After trying 15-20 of the most popular players rackets on the market I decided on the DNX 9. Someone said this racket should be called The Natural and I agree. It truly is an all court racket. I play a serve and volley game but with this racket my returns and groundstrokes have never been better yet my net game has not suffered. Usually a racket does one or the other well but not both. One word of caution: this is not a powerful racket and you better be able to generate good racket head speed to make it work for you. I believe only 4.5 or higher players will appreciate this racket. Besides going to a softer string I will experiment with lower string tensions in an effort to generate a little more power. Demo this racket.
From: Roger, Atlanta, GA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 56 lbs

Comments: I am a high school varsity doubles player. After two seasons with the Prince More Attack OS I was having some issues with shooting balls out the back of the court. I demoed over a dozen racquets and fell in love with this one. It has such an excellent balance of power and control. Serves have a good amount of pop, topspin on groundstrokes is easily accessible, and touch volleys are the best I've ever had. Anyone searching for a solid racquet should demo this!
From: Bob, IN, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Gamma Stinger @ 60 lbs
Headsize: 98 sq in
NTRP Rating: not rated

Comments: Excellent racquet! Feels heavier than the 11.5 ounces (strung) and the listed swingweight. Great combination of power, control, and feedback and comfort. Better suited for all court players due to the weight.
From: Rene, San Juan, PR, 07/07
String type and tension: M: Babolat VS Team, 68 lbs X: Tecnifibre NRG 18 @ 66lbs

Comments: I really enjoy hitting groundstrokes with this racquet. It's got a clean feel and a nice pop. The sweet spot isn't as big as other racquets, but when you do hit it, it's a great feeling. Hitting serves required almost precise timing since it really needs to hit dead on the sweet spot for good pace. Touch and volleys are also easy to control. I am going to put natural gut to see how much better it plays. I do not recommend using polys on this racquet. This racquet is definitely not for beginners. I also love the look of this racquet!
From: Howard, Rockville, MD, USA. 6/07
String type and tension: Gosen Micro 16 @ 58 Lbs

Comments: I have bought racquets from most brands : Babolat, Wilson, Head, Fisher, Dunlop... From my point of view, Volkl is the best racquet tennis manufacturer on the planet and this DNX9 is not an exception. Has perfect balance, great power, fantastic feel & control. All my strokes are far better and I am developing better technique. A worthy inheritor of the fantastic C10 , Quantum´s , Catapult´s , V-engine´s series. I am really looking forward to try the DNX 1 Power Arm (I imagine that adding weight to that monster should be the ultimate samurai weapon)
From: Melendo, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. 4/07 String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original @ 24/23 kg

Comments: I have bought racquet's from most brands. From my point of view Volkl is the best racquet tennis manufacturer of the planet and this DNX9 is not an exception . Has perfect balance, great power, fantastic feel & control. All my strokes are far better and I am developing better technique. A worthy inheritor of the fantastic C10, Quantum´s, Catapult´s, V-engine´s series. I am really looking forward to try the DNX 1 Power Arm (I imagine that adding weight to that monster should be the ultimate samurai weapon)
From: Melendo, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, 04/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original at 24/23 kg

Comments: I bought this racquet about 4 months ago and I have been playing my best tennis ever since. I feel that I have more control over the ball and my serve especially, has really picked on the speed and consistency that I have wanted. I would recommend this racquet to any young players that like a pretty lightweight racquet but still love to kill the ball! Great job on this one Volkl!
From: Kyle, Winter Park, FL, USA, 03/07

Comments:My coach let me play with this racket today. He has some lead tape adjustments to it though. My first reaction when hitting with this racket is the depth and power and control. Amazing racket. Especially on my forehand I can step into it and kill the ball. This is a really good racket from Volkl. I think if I continue to like the racket I think I will buy for myself in the near future
From: Jonathan, Northern Virgina, USA, 11/06

Comments: This racket is incredible, easy mobility, great power and effect in the service, potent bottom game, great spin, volley and slice. Excellent control, balance and weight, anything of vibration, thanks Volkl. My previous racket was a Radical Head Liquid Metal 98 and I consider that the DNX 9 allow you to play with bigger easiness, technique and control. This racket has very good engineering.
From: Cesar, Lima, Peru. 11/06
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power

Comments: This racquet is absolutely great. I’ve played with head racquets about all my life but I needed another racquet (I had a head flexpoint) and this one turned out to be a perfect match. This racquet gives lots of control making it easy to place balls into every corner of the court. Also slices are easy to make with this racquet along with deep topspin balls. Serves you can either hit hard or with a lot of effect like topspin. Most of the weight of this racquet is in the handle so the racquet is stable but you don’t feel it’s really heavy which is a big plus in playing doubles. So this is a great racquet and definitely one which I could recommend to all tournament players and other players with normal to good technique.
From: Carlijn, Netherlands. 10/06
String type and tension: Target spinpower plus 140 @ 56 lbs

Comments: I finally found my racquet! This Völkl is great. Everything seems to be right: plenty of control, still some nice power, great balance and weight, exceptional feel. And it looks awesome, too. I played a Catapult V10 and BB 10 before (also great racquets, but not quite right for my game), but the DNX 9 is still that little bit ahead. The only thing Völkl should maybe consider is a second version with extended length (like the BB 10). But to sum it up: very, very, very nice stick, definitely worth a closer look for advanced players.
From: Sepp, Germany, 07/06
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1,23 @ 55 lbs
Headsize: 98 in2

Comments: I am switching rackets soon and I was on the demo hunt. I had the O3 Tour, the DNX9, and wanted to demo the Aeropro Control, but couldn't find a demo for a reasonable price. The DNX9 blew everything away. It had power, but allowed me to just open up on the ball. On my serves it was amazing. It lacks absolutely no where.
From: Mark, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Mains, Babolat Tonic + crosses
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: I just played with a demo racquet from Tennis Warehouse today for 2 hours. It was great! My previous racquet was Volkl V-Engine 9 which is close to same weight but slightly more head heavy. The balance makes a huge difference. I kept injuring my wrist with heavy racquets especially on the volley. I played for almost 3 hours with no pain! I heard that this racquet has a small sweet spot and lacks power. There is plenty of power and it's really good for spin. I'm an older female player (65) with shoulder and wrist injuries so I really appreciate a "heavy" racquet that feels light to my body! Love this racquet.
From: Diana, Woodside, NY, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Tennis Warehouse demo
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I’ve been playing with Head since 1993 with a contract as tennis instructor, but a Prestige Liquidmetal caused me tennis elbow. The doctor told me that fiberglass is better for professional because these kind of racquets are more flexible. After eight months without playing tennis I have won two tournaments with my brand new Völkl DNX9. The string pattern makes topspin easier. The best racquet I’ve ever used. Good at baseline and serving volleys. A serious racquet for serious players. The string pattern makes topspin easier.
From: Edu, Sevilla (España) 06/06
String type and tension: Syntetic gut 22kg

Comments: GREAT RACQUET! I demoed this the other day and absolutely loved it. I could easily generate tons of topspin off both sides, and my slices were great. The power level seemed to be great too, when I wanted to, I could crush the ball, but I generally had to take a pretty healthy swing to generate good power and depth. The racquet has a really nice, flexible feel and plays much lighter than the listed 11.5 oz, if anything, I might consider adding some lead tape at 3 and 9 for extra stability, but that's it.
From: John, USA. 6/06
String type and tension: Mains: Luxilon Big Banger @ 61lbs / Cross: Wilson synthetic gut @ 59lbs.

Comments: Got the racquet from Tennis Warehouse yesterday and played with it last night. Volkl should call this 'The Natural' because the feel is just so comfortable and instinctive, just feels 'right' in your hand. Groundstrokes were solid and very responsive to spin - slice and topspin alike were really great. Volleys were a real strongpoint here - great feel and good weight/balance on the racquet for quick reflex volleys or put away shots. Overheads had lots of pop. Heavy balls - flat or spin - don't overpower the racquet at all. Arm-friendly with the sensor handle system. Will be ordering my second of these racquets this week and my days of being a 'racquet-testing junkie' should be over! Anyone from 3.0 level and up should love this frame.
From: Brian, Nashville, TN, USA. 6/06
String type and tension: Tecnifibre hybrid, mains - X-One Biphase 17 @ 58lbs, Cross NRG2 17 @ 56lbs.

Comments: I am a strong & competent baseliner who was looking for more of a player's racquet as a step up from my tweener Head x-Speed. Originally I had demoed, and really liked, the Volkl Tour 9's (which my husband play's with) but as the spec's were similar, opted for the DNX 9 as it was a new technology.
In the end I have been disappointed. This DNX racquet seems to be more uncontrollable, and not as consistent a shot-maker as the Tour 9, so much so, I have sold the DNX and purchased my own set of Tour 9 frames. The Volkl Tour 9 is the one to check out. Sweet control, and a lovely feel. I am surprised at what Volkl have done with the DNX. It should have been a lot better!
From: Seema, London, UK. 6/06
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @57lbs.

Volkl DNX Racquets