Volkl Cyclone 18 Reel Pink Customer feedback

Comments: A word about the color diference here -- I was using the yellow version of this string, then tried the orange. The orange felt less springy with better control. So, even though they claim to be the same string, there is a difference. This was confirmed by the Volkl rep here.
From: Johnny, 8/14

Comments: I strung this at 48 lbs and the spin was impressive at first but I've had a few arm pains since. I'll be going back to RPM Blast as I've never had problems with that. If you can handle something a bit stiffer, I would recommend this because it's such a good price on TW compared to the RPM.

Comments: I have this in a Wilson K Six.One 95 at 45 lbs and love it! Freshly strung, it feels great -- I am able to maintain reasonable control (at that tension), increased power, and boat loads of spin! If you are a club player, do not disregard this 18 gauge string. Try it, you'll like it!
From: Rob, 6/14

Comments: Strung at 54 lbs in the Biomimetic 200 Plus. Compared to my previous strings, Genesis Typhoon, Volkl Cyclone does generate the level of spin and power as the Typhoon string but more than compensates for that with slightly improved control, comfort and feel. When it comes to shot placement or directional control, Volkl Cyclone strings are outstanding. I am sending opponents to the far corners of the court more often than before especially on serves. I think the Cyclone strings would suit an all court player more than an out and out baseliner because the power is a tad low and the strings are good for drop-shots and touch volleys.

Comments: Wow! I've hit with many different polys over the years from brands such as Prince, Luxilon, Genesis, Topspin, Gamma, etc. I've recently switched over from Adrenaline and must say I'm very pleased. This string is very responsive, has great spin potential, is soft on the arm, and seems fairly durable for an 18g string. I haven't noticed any huge drop in tension, and think this will be my go-to string for quite some time!
From: Nick, 9/13

Comments: This is a great string because the combination of power, spin and tension maintenance is great. I have a string gauge and this string loses a couple of pounds at the beginning and than stays the same until it breaks. If you have an 18x20 string pattern try this string. I'm an all-court 5.5 player.
From: Marty, 9/13

Comments: I just tried both Cyclone 18 and the MSV Hex 1.10. I strung both on my Pure Storm Tour at 50 lbs with a syn gut at 55 lbs in the crosses. Cyclone seemed to perform better than the MSV but I think the MSV needs to be strung tighter than 50 lbs because it is a lot more elastic.
From: Alan, 8/13

Comments: The biggest issue with these strings is the tension retention or lack of it. I think it is the worst poly in this regard that I have tried. Tension drops significantly over the first few hours and within days it has dropped so much you have to cut them out and start over. I did try a hybrid (syn gut in crosses) to help with this, but this didnt help either. Great bite from the 18 gauge, great price at $8, but doesn't retain tension long enough to make it worth it.
From: CF, 6/13

Comments: Fantastic strings. Used the Tourna Blue Rough before and loved those, but these are much better. Strung on Dunlop 4D 300 Tour at 52 lbs. They go dead after 8 hours max. Not sure if that's expected.
From: Nik, 3/13

Comments: I absolutely love these strings. I originally tested it in a Head Youtek Prestige Mid and chose it over my usual (back then) Pro Line II 18. I went on to try other strings but something always brought me back to Volkl Cyclone. After I switched to the Yonex V-Core Tour 89, I automatically knew I had to have Volkl Cyclone 18 on them. I never looked back. The strings play amazingly. For a thin string they are very durable. I have yet to pop a set of cyclone. What I like most was the combination of power, control, and most importantly spin. The only string that comes close to the playability (for me at least) is Kirschbaum Pro Line II 18. But for the price of Cyclone it can't be beat! I don't think I will switch to another string in a long time!
From: Duy, 3/13
String tension: 52 lbs

Comments: I have played with the Timo 18 Lux strings in the mains for the last 5 to 7 years, and I loved the crisp feel of those strings and the stiffness, but they quit making reels, so that opened the door for me to try a new string. After trying around 10 polys I was told about the Cyclone 18. It is an extremely soft poly and feels just incredible. I thought I liked the really stiff string but after playing with this (with syn gut in the crosses) I have fallen in love with it. And it holds tension extremely well. It is somewhat similar in feel to the WC Mosquito Bite, but I think this has more pop. And the price, it's an absolute steal. I also liked the RPM Blast, but that's a little stiffer, doesn't hold tension quite as well, and is double the price. If you like polys, you absolutely must try this string.

Comments: I love this string on a hybrid set up. I tried this string on the crosses at first to see how well it worked with my BLX Juice 108 along with the Volkl Classic syn gut 18g on the mains. While it felt good I didn't get the heavy topspin I was looking for using this configuration, so I tried the Cyclone on the mains and it felt very responsive producing massive spin! I also lowered the tension from 50 down to 49 on the mains and 54 on the Classic synthetic crosses. Overall, I was very pleased with the results and there was no break-in period at all.
From: Ferdie, 11/12

Comments: I started to play with full poly 20 years ago with Kirschbaum SuperSmash. The next step was SuperSmash Spiky. After that, MSV Focus Hex 18g was another step forward (more comfort, no string movement) and now Volkl Cyclone 18g is even better. Nice feel, power, tension holds well and the main thing for me it doesn't shrink in cold weather!
From: Jan, 9/12

Comments: I was really surprised by how soft (in a good way) this string is. In my quest for improved control and greater spin without sacrificing power, I've tried several thin-gauge Luxilon strings, and although they improve control, they reduce power too much. They also feel tinny and brittle, causing unpleasant vibration in my wrist and arm. The Volkl Cyclone 18g is like a big comfy down pillow in comparison, right from the very first swing. No break-in required. I get quite a lot of pace and depth without any trampoline effect. It also seems to enlarge the sweet spot, so even off-center hits travel cleanly off the frame and cause no inordinate arm vibration or jarring. My former go-to string was Genesis Twisted Razor, but this is a bit softer and costs less. Why pay more for less? Volkl offers a great price on a great string.

Volkl Cyclone 18 Reel Pink - Where to go from here