Volkl Cyclone 17 String - Poly Bag Customer feedback

Comments: When it's fresh, it has tons of feel and spin. This string goes dead fairly fast. It really did wake my racquet up (Yonex VCore Tour 330). If you think this string is harsh, try it under 50 lbs. I'm a big hitter, so power is not really of concern for me. This string has tons of control because it really bites and pockets the ball. Cheap too, my new string.

Comments: Very good control, spin and comfort for the price. But not durable at all. They feel dead after about 3-4 hours of play. If you you don't like to string often, I would recommend something else, but it is well worth the price.
From: Dor, 1/14

Comments: This i the stiffest, harshest string I have played with. I cut it out after 45 minutes and won't be using it again.
From: Ulrich, 1/14

Comments: So far I have to say I am a little disappointed with this string! Compared to Gosen Sidewinder it feels harsh and unstable. You can get over this a little with a nice multifilament but again it's nothing close to the security and feel of the Sidewinder! With the superb 3 for 2 offer though this string is a steal! I would purchase again and use as a budget durable string option for adult clients!

Comments: I play with heavy spin but little power and I only use pace when I want to put the ball away or control the point. I typically use a full western forehand grip and have a two handed backhand. I am currently using the Babolat Pure Drive Plus. As soon as I hit the first ball with this string it felt solid. I could feel the strings grabbing at the ball and ripping up the back of it to gain tremendous spin with a ton of feel. It felt like the string was keeping the ball on the string bed a lot longer than any other string. It is great from all areas of the court -- I can get a lot of spin on my forehand and backhand with ease; at the net I can drop the ball within inches of the net and can place it any corner and am able to use my power and touch. On my serve, I can hit my slice serve and put it into either corner of the box with little effort. It creates a ton of side spin on my slice -- the more you cut at the ball, the more it amplifies it. The ball pocketing of this string is amazing along with the incredible feel and spin. It is also very soft on my arm. This is a great choice for a heavy spin player. This string would be great in the Aero Pro Drive or Babolat Pure Drive. Spin: 9.5 Comfort: 9 Power: 8 Durability: 9

Comments: This is a great string, especially for the price. The ball pockets well and it's a softer poly. The good thing about it is that it doesn't feel muted like Black Code. It's livelier, the spin is good, it's comfortable and it has decent pop. Seriously, I can't believe how less expensive this string is compared to the usual suspects that all have their own flaws.

Comments: This is the right formula for me. It offers very good control, spin and comfort. I have tried many textured polys and this one is my favorite. I string it a little on the high side in my Volkl C-10 Pro. This string has plenty of power with a full swing. I also like Tour Bite. However, Cyclone has a soft feel for a poly at an excellent price. It's a must-try if you like textured polys!

Comments: This is a great string, has an excellent blend of control, spin, feel and comfort for a poly. This is right up there with RPM but the ball pocketing found in the Cyclone 17g gives it a very slight edge in my opinion. AND it's half the price, nice!

Comments: Amazing string! It's the second best string I've ever used. It lasted me 3-4 days. I'm using the 17G black, and it looks amazing and feels amazing. If your wondering, my favorite string is Solinco Tour Bite. I find these two to be very similar. Overall, it's a great string that I would recommend for everyone!! It's also soft on the arm.
From: Shane, 9/12

Comments: I think this string is one of the better polys out there. I use it as a full bed at 48 lbs in my Radical Pro. It plays better than RPM, and while not quite as grippy as Tour Bite, it produces great spin. It just has a really great combination of feel, comfort, power, and spin. It finds that middle ground really well, allowing you to focus on your game, which is all you can ask of a string.
From: Max, 9/12

Comments: I love this string. I strung it with my Head YOUTEK Speed Pro at 60 lbs. This string provides a lot of top spin. But it lacks power.
From: Daj, 6/12

Comments: Really Nice strings, similar to Dunlop Black Widow, although this lasts a little longer than the Black Widow, but dies faster.
From: Kevin, 3/12

Volkl Cyclone 17 String - Poly Bag - Where to go from here

Volkl Polyester Strings, Hybrids & Reels
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Co-polyester Tennis String