Volkl Cyclone Tour 17 String Reel Red Customer feedback

Comments: I was at that tournament in Indian Wells last year and was approached by a sales rep from Volkl who happens to use this string. I explained to him what I was looking for, what frame I played with (V1 Pro) and my style of play. He pointed me to this string and recommended to string at low tension (low 50 lbs) to enjoy the string. I followed his advice and strung at 51 lbs. Result: I love it! It gives me the spin I needed, the power I needed, does not hurt my arm and boost my confidence in my shots. Perfect match but I must confess, I am the kind of guy who likes to try different strings every once in a while just to see what's out there in the market but this string is a keeper for sure. I've already bought a reel. Highly recommend. Sounds like a sales pitch but it is not. Try it out once then put your review here. I will come visit this page every once in a while. My skill level is between 4.0 and 4.5 (depending on a number of factors) and my style of play is baseliner/serve and volley.
From: Gino, 8/14

Comments: I have been using this string for just over six months now. Before that, I used Luxilon 4G or ALU Power Rough as a cross and Wilson NXT in the mains. I have had elbow and wrist issues in the past so I usually tend to stay away from a full bed of polys. Even some of the softer ones at low tension feel too stiff on my elbow after some hours of play, say RPM Blast and 4G rough. The Luxilon and Wilson NXT combo plays great but money goes away quickly as I have to restrung three of my racquets on a weekly basis. I tried Cyclone Tour in a full bed and had no elbow issues at all. I got great string bed response, great comfort, good power and awesome spin out of it. I got added kick and extra 5 to 10 kmh on my serve. Durability is similar to the Luxilon/Wilson combo. Plus the price is less than one third once I get the reel. I have also noticed that the red one plays better than the black version for some reason. I would recommend this string to anyone looking for a hybrid alternative.
From: Jon, 7/14

Comments: I started using this string around 2 months ago. Durability is great as of now, and I play very regularly. I'm not someone who really needs a lot of extra power, but it's definitely there. No arm problems since I started using these. The spin I get is just great. There's really nothing bad I can say right now. I highly recommend these strings, and the price is great. Best I've ever used.
From: Matthew, 4/14

Comments: Like Jan said, the Cyclone Tour delivers the most power and if you're an offensive baseliner like me and generate your own power, you might like the low powered feel of the V-torque and Cyclone better. I strung it at 55/53lbs and it breaks in very quickly compared to Cyclone and has a soft, almost trampoline feel. I would say the spin level is almost as good as Cyclone but less than V-torque. I've played 4 sets with it now and durability and tension is holding quite well for a soft string. I would recommend this string for people that would like a powerful string that is easy on the arm without sacrificing durability.
From: Ken, 11/13

Comments: As far as Volkl poly strings go, VTorque delivers the best spin, Cyclone Tour delivers the best power and Cyclone has a solid low powered feel. So it's up to you what you need. 1.25mm poly lasts me about 5 sets. When I string with Pacific XForce, the strings last more than 10 sets.
From: Jan, 11/13

Comments: I have used the original Cyclone for over a year and tried out the Tour. First of all, you must string it slightly tighter than the original Cyclone. I could not keep the ball in the court stringing it at the same tension as the regular Cyclone. I tried it slightly tighter than the original Cyclone and did not find it better than the original, nor did I find it any softer. Also, I found stringing with the Tour more difficult, I guess due to the twisting of the string. I will stick with the original Cyclone.

Comments: I would have to disagree with Luke. Compared to the original Cyclone it breaks in much faster and has a much softer feel. The fact that it is twisted is what makes it softer, not to mention the fact that is it also easier to string in comparison to the OG Cyclone. Maybe the color also makes it softer too. The only downside is that it drops tension quite fast (about 4lbs) when I string it at 62lbs. Other than that, I got tons of pop, feel, and spin.
From: Jay, 11/12

Comments: Not a bad string, but I couldn't tell much of a difference between this and the regular Cyclone. The red color is a nice touch and the twisted shape reminds me of Solinco's Barb Wire which I really like. It does seem to add a slight bit more bite to the ball. but as for feeling softer than Cyclone I'd beg to differ. Overall, it's the same solid performance as the original Cyclone with a touch more bite.
From: Luke, 11/12