Volkl Cyclone Tour 17 String Reel Red Customer feedback

Comments: Like Jan said, the Cyclone Tour delivers the most power and if you're an offensive baseliner like me and generate your own power, you might like the low powered feel of the V-torque and Cyclone better. I strung it at 55/53lbs and it breaks in very quickly compared to Cyclone and has a soft, almost trampoline feel. I would say the spin level is almost as good as Cyclone but less than V-torque. I've played 4 sets with it now and durability and tension is holding quite well for a soft string. I would recommend this string for people that would like a powerful string that is easy on the arm without sacrificing durability.
From: Ken, 11/13

Comments: As far as Volkl poly strings go, VTorque delivers the best spin, Cyclone Tour delivers the best power and Cyclone has a solid low powered feel. So it's up to you what you need. 1.25mm poly lasts me about 5 sets. When I string with Pacific XForce, the strings last more than 10 sets.
From: Jan, 11/13

Comments: I have used the original Cyclone for over a year and tried out the Tour. First of all, you must string it slightly tighter than the original Cyclone. I could not keep the ball in the court stringing it at the same tension as the regular Cyclone. I tried it slightly tighter than the original Cyclone and did not find it better than the original, nor did I find it any softer. Also, I found stringing with the Tour more difficult, I guess due to the twisting of the string. I will stick with the original Cyclone.

Comments: I would have to disagree with Luke. Compared to the original Cyclone it breaks in much faster and has a much softer feel. The fact that it is twisted is what makes it softer, not to mention the fact that is it also easier to string in comparison to the OG Cyclone. Maybe the color also makes it softer too. The only downside is that it drops tension quite fast (about 4lbs) when I string it at 62lbs. Other than that, I got tons of pop, feel, and spin.
From: Jay, 11/12

Comments: Not a bad string, but I couldn't tell much of a difference between this and the regular Cyclone. The red color is a nice touch and the twisted shape reminds me of Solinco's Barb Wire which I really like. It does seem to add a slight bit more bite to the ball. but as for feeling softer than Cyclone I'd beg to differ. Overall, it's the same solid performance as the original Cyclone with a touch more bite.
From: Luke, 11/12