Volkl Cyclone Tour 16 String Red Customer feedback

Comments: I have a Yonex Ezone AI98 and have put Cyclone 16 at 54 lbs and Yonex Poly Pro16L at 56 lbs in the two racquets. Initially i gravitated towards the Poly Pro as it had a better feel and softer, similar control levels, but the Cyclone was hard on the wrist and the elbow but better spin. I have a habit to switch the racquets mid session to confirm the feedback and the feel, after around 4-5 sessions i completely stopped using Poly Pro and stuck to Cyclone. I like it when it goes dead, it gives me better control on depth. Cyclone was unplayable for the first session but once it lost some tension it was the better one. But I would suggest it for people who can generate their own power and you will be rewarded with better control and spin. The Poly Pro changed more consistently -- might be able to produce better results but I don't change that often. I have used the Cyclone for at least 10-12 sessions and it has been exceptional performance but hard on the body initially. Next time i am going to try Cyclone 17 at 52-53 lbs and Cyclone 16 at 51 lbs to check which works better for me.
From: Aditya, 12/16

Comments: Unbelievably comfortable, spin-friendly, reasonably priced, and a durable poly. I strung it in my Babolat Pure Strike at 52 lbs and played 7 matches in a doubles tournament (12 sets) and it felt great! Had massive bite on the ball, didn't change in feel, and was surprisingly comfortable. I've officially found my favorite poly. I can see why the Tennis Warehouse playtesters love this string. Thanks Volkl!
From: Jared, 6/16

Comments: I have played with two racquets with it, using a multi as the cross. Really good feel. Spin was fine but for me it just worked great. A less stiff poly with good control and more power than others I have used. Try the sample pack, it is a good mix. This probably is my fave.
From: Zebas, 3/16

Comments: I think playing with normal Cyclone ruined me for this but, I found the string to not be very spin friendly as the original Cyclone. It also had less feel.

Comments: This tour version of the Volkl Cyclone string is overall very good. The new twisting pattern doesn't do much for spin potential, seeing as the original Cyclone provided more access to spin when I played them side by side. However, these strings offer more pop and comfort, as they're noticeably softer, almost plush, and the power level has gone up a notch or two. I was actually bothered by the increase in power because I was hoping for a low-powered string like the original Cyclone. But with my expectations aside, I found the Volkl Cyclone Tour 16g to have ample spin potential, increased power, softer feel, and the same other qualities of control and bite. I wouldn't say it's an improvement or a step-down from the original version. It's simply an alternative for those seeking more forgiving strings.