Volkl Cyclone Tour 17 String Reel Anthracite Customer feedback

Comments: Not even close to the original Cyclone. Played with the string for one set and could not generate nearly as much pace or spin as Cyclone. Cyclone Tour plays like a soft synthetic gut if that's what your looking for. Definitely not a sequel to Cyclone.

Comments: Very nice combination of spin and power. Strung it at 48 lbs (full bed) and it may be a little loose. Big power and spin. Zero shoulder issues. Felt confident going for winners. It seemed to smooth out and I saw a noticeable loss of spin after 4-5 outings. I'm a 3.5 NTRP league player. I like to play with big kick serve and topspin forehand. Playing with a Prestige MP.
From: Gabe, 2/15

Comments: I think I may have found my new poly string in the Volkl Cyclone Tour 17 (1.25). I've been a user of Luxilon ALU Power 16L (1.25) for many years, since around the first time they became available. I had experimented with a few other polys through the years, looking for something a little less expensive, but never found a string that was worth the savings in cost. I preferred the Luxilon by a distinct margin. Testing this Volkl string was the first time I've ventured away from Luxilon for quite some time after I had given up experimenting. I'm using this string in the Head Youtek IG Prestige Pro that I recently switched to (bought several on close out from TW). The Volkl string matches up well with this Head frame. I was using the Luxilon at 48 lbs, but I raised the tension of the Volkl to 50 lbs on my first stringing due to this string being a bit softer. It plays great at 50 lbs. After only one match with these Volkl strings, it seems that I'm getting the control and power of my Luxilon, but with just a bit more comfort. The ball feels awesome on the strings, it's hard to describe, but it's a feeling that was simply lacking on previous strings I've tested. If this Volkl string maintains its good performance and feel for a few more outings, then I'll likely make a permanent switch from the Luxilon being that the Volkl is half the cost and I'm not sacrificing anything. By the way, this is the first textured poly I've used, everything else has been a traditional round. I have no problem producing heavy topspin and slice when needed, so I'm not sure that a textured poly really does anything extra for me. Maybe a few easier RPMs on the kick serve with less effort, but it might instead be just a different feel instead of more actual, meaningful spin. For reference, I was a solid 5.0 player for a long time, but after barely touching a racquet for the past several years, I've just gotten back into trying to play on a regular basis again. My strokes and feel are coming back nicely, enough that I'm able to give an accurate comparison of these strings to my old setup.
From: Brent, 11/14