Volkl Classic V1 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This is a great racquet that will save your arm and it gives what you put into the stroke. There are times when I am playing doubles that all four players are using the Mid Plus V1 Classic from the 3.5 level to the 5.0 level, so if you are a serious player and have arm problems, get this racquet or the Pro Kennex 5G which is a bit heavier as I used it for 6 years before I moved to V1 and have had no ill effects.
From: Dave, 5/14

Comments: Been hitting with a friend's V1 strung with gut at 55 lbs. Plays somewhat like my Pure Drive but more accurate and with better feel. Perhaps the lighter weight lets me get around on swings, I'm not sure. The first time I played with it I beat a friend 6-1, hitting a lot of winners, who I normally have trouble with. Really like the plush feel and my serve seems accurate and strong as well.
From: Robert, 11/13

Comments: This racquet is a true player's racquet and for anyone who is serious about hitting good, solid strokes. At my courts, there are at least 16 players who use this racquet from 3.5 to 5.0. And it is an arm saver as well as a great racquet. I can not play without it, due to my shoulder and elbow problems.
From: Dave, 10/13

Comments: I love this racquet. It is plush and solid feeling, very maneuverable and has a large sweet spot with easily controlled power. I can play everyday (I'm 50) with no arm pain. I'm an aggressive all court player (5.0).

Comments: Despite the fact that I have the Organix 6, Power Bridge 8, DNX 9 and 10, this V1 Classic is my go-to racquet. The racquet makes playing a joy and gives you a nice blend of power and control. I have mine strung with MSV Focus Hex 17 in the mains at 50 lbs and Cyclone 17 in the crosses at 45 lbs, and this combination generates a lot of spin and has tons of pop! This racquet allows me to serve bigger, and put away big topspin forehands. The 102 square inch frame is easy to whip around and the only thing this racquet doesn't do well is plowing through shots with pace on the single handed backhand. Otherwise, this racquet is a dream, just slice it back and run around to pummel your forehand!

Comments: The V1 Classic is one of the best arm friendly racquets there is and I have to play with it or I can not play because I have elbow/wrist/shoulder issues. This racquet suits 3.5-4.0 players as it is not a power racquet bur rather a racquet for control. 16 players at my courts use this racquet and their levels range from 3.5-5.0. You get what you give with this stick.
From: Dave, 7/13

Comments:Have played with many racquets over the last 35 years but the V1 classic beats them all. Has the vibration dampening of a much heavier frame and a large sweet spot. Not a lot of power but great control. Played with a Prince most of my life and never though I would change though I did demo other racquets occasionally. When I picked up the V1 and played with it for a while, I was sold. Bought 3 of them 4 years ago and have never changed.
From: Tim, Columbia, KY, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Prince Syn. Gut

Comments: This is an awesome racquet! Very forgiving, and easy on the arm. I wasn't impressed with its power when I had it strung at 57, but at 55 it is perfect. I rotate between this and my beloved Yamaha Secret 04, playing with the Volkl when my elbow needs a break. Kristie, Katy, Texas. 7/08
From: String Type: Babolat XCel, 16g, 55lbs

Comments:There's much to like about this racquet, though compared to what my peers use (geezers like me), it's relatively low on power. The demo version of this year's edition (silver) was the best racquet I'd ever tried; it sold me on the V1. The one I purchased thereafter never did quite match the feel of the demo. After 10 months the handle cracked, all the way around, where the butt cap joins the sleeve under the grip. Maybe I was just unlucky, but my suspicion is that the new V1s, made in China (like most things these days), may not be as durable as the originals (I have one of those as well).
From: D.T., MS, USA, 08/07
String type and tension: Yonex 850 pro, 58 lbs

Comments: I got this racquet when i was 11 and have been playing with it for almost 5 years now, demoed others, but none seem to have the same smooth feeling from every area of the court. I don't know if Ill ever be able to switch from this classic.
From: Lance, Stone Mountain, GA, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane and Conquest @ 62 Lbs

Comments: Have been playing with this racquet for several years and would have a difficult time switching. It has plenty of power and control. More importantly, it is easy on your arm.
From: Mark, DeKalb, IL, USA, 03/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire; 17g
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I love this racquet. I've been playing with it for twelve years. I own three of them: The original, V1 classic and the 10 years anniversary. I'm an all court player.
From: Rudy, San Francisco, CA , USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut 16 / Gamma Live Wire XP 16

Comments: I love the v-1 classic. Solid volleys, firm racquet that hits nice solid groundies. It also gives good pop on the serve.
From: Rob, Plainfield, NJ, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 60 lbs

Comments: had been using it till I was 15 I demoed other racquets felt good but nothing like the V1 classic so I got 3 new ones and it was like a totally new racquet. Once you get this racquet you wont want to get rid of it.
From: Lance, Atlanta Ga 09/06
String type and tension61

Comments: My name is Damon and I am currently a 44 year old 5.0 rated tennis player living in the United States. I am a classically trained tennis player with a beautiful one handed backhand who is both quick and agile. I can play effectively from the backcourt as well as utilize a serve and volley game with utter precision. Having retired from tennis for many years I recently returned to the game of my triumphant youth only to find the myriad of choices as well as prices in tennis racquets to be somewhat overwhelming. Since I was more familiar with and had played the Wilson line in my earlier days I decided to try the Wilson Hyper Prostaff 5.0 (95). I quickly realized through several arm related injuries (bicipital tendonitis and shoulder soreness) not related to improper stroke production that this racquet was not the one for me. I subsequently switched to the Wilson Prostaff 6.0 (85). I fell in love with the playing characteristics of this venerably classic frame only to suffer with the same problems as experienced with the Hyper Prostaff. I once again realized that something had to give if I was going to continue to "court" the love of this game. I begrudgingly began to "date" several other racquets with the goal of maintaining consistency in both power and control with no arm pain. I tried the Wilson Prostaff 6.1 Classic, the Wilson Hyper Prostaff 6.1, the Wilson Prostaff Surge X, the Wilson Prostaff ROK 93 Mid, the Wilson Prostaff Tour 90 and Tour 95 racquets, all to no avail. I never found the complete package of power, control and arm comfort that I so longingly desired. Thinking that another line of "ladies" might do the trick I tried the Babolat Pure Drive, the Babolat Pure Control and the Babolat Zylon 360 lines. Unfortunately, these racquets were less to my liking. I then tried the Prince Tour NXG Midplus as well as the Prince Tour Diablo Mid and Midplus lines only to be disappointed again. I moved on to the Dunlop 200G (95) and the 300G Midplus only to be smitten at the door. Then I experimented with the Liquid Metal line of Head racquets. I tried the Liquid Metal Prestige Midplus, the Liquid Metal Instinct and finally the Liquid Metal 2 racquets. This time I struck out again. Just when I thought my love would go unfulfilled one of the teaching professionals I practice with suggested that I try a line I was not familiar with. And, I am ever so glad he did. The line he mentioned to me was Volkl. Now when I first picked up and played with the V1 Anniversary Edition "she" was like music to my ears or should I say my arm. Not only was I generating more than enough power with less trunk rotation but I also felt confident that the tennis ball would end up in the exact spot where I had aimed it to go. And low and behold no arm pain; none, zero, zilch. I can also tell that the racquet has been crafted with the highest quality components in mind. The paint job is superb and the comfort handle system with the "Custac" grip feels marvelous. I am so excited about the Volkl line of products that I am in the process of ordering several more frames together with three Volkl T-shirts, a Pro Tour Back Pack, a Combi 6 Pack as well as several Vibrastops (the black one really compliments the cool gold and black colors of the anniversary edition). Yes, my love of the game and my admiration for a tennis company that makes and delivers on promises rendered has returned. My compliments to you. I look forward to my tennis "marriage" made in "Heaven". Yes, I love my V1!
From: Damon, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 10/04
String type and tension: Hybrid - DDE Gut Mains 63lbs. and Luxilon Timo in the Cross 61lbs.

Comments: This is an exceptionally comfortable racquet with a generous sweet spot and good power. It's a little stiff and has a tight string pattern, so I found it difficult to get much spin on the ball. Advanced players will need to try it and see for themselves. One quibble - Volkl grips are relatively rectangular, compared with say Prince which uses a more symmetrically octagonal (and useful, I think) grip.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ, USA. 3/03

Comments: I switched from Prince Triple Threat Graphite OS to the Volkl V1 MidPlus about three months ago and the pain in my arm and elbow have vanished. The V1 MidPlus gives me more control and power and there is very little vibration when I mis-hit. This is the best racquet to have.
From: Bob Somabut, Garland, TX. USA 2/03
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 58lbs.

Comments: I have had six Volkl racquets and all three V1's are favorites (Classic, Hotspot and Quantum). Every friend (intermediate players) who have tried it wanted one. I could have opened a store. A great blend of power with control, leaning to the power side. One problem: my handle became "squishy" after a year or so. If you hold the head firmly and twist the grip, it moves. Not too good. I met another player with the same problem. I went to a Quantum V1 for the much improved handle.
From: Mike Stewart, Cambridge, ON. Canada 1/03
String type: Gamma TNT 17g. and 18g.

Comments: The V1 Classic is the best racquet I have ever owned. I have improved my groundstrokes a great deal with this racquet. It is light but not too light. The sweet spot is easy to find. It has perfect balance. This racquet really is an arm saver. I can stay in long rallies without the slightest hint of shoulder or elbow pain. Buy several of these in case Volkl should dare to stop making them.
From: Joel, Austin, TX. USA 1/03
String type: Gamma TNT 17g.

Volkl Classic V1 Racquets - Where to go from here