Wilson US Open Extra Duty Tennis Balls 24 Can Case Customer feedback

Comments: The worst balls I have played with. They felt dead straight out of the can. I do not recommend them.
From: MJ, 6/14

Comments: These balls are good for only one hour. Their felt is gone quickly and never last for more than 1 hour. I need to open 2 cans for a 2 hour practice. These balls shouldn't be such a high price. Penn ATP balls can last twice as long as them. I hope Wilson will improve the durability of the felt on these balls.
From: Masaaki, 10/13

Comments: Quality control problems with the last case of balls. At least half the balls had lost pressure and felt flat, played flat and generated complaints from opponents -- frustrating for a high dollar ball.

Comments: I really like this brand of ball, someone accidentally sent me a case of these instead of green dot balls but they let me keep this case too. I enjoyed playing with my free balls.

Comments: These used to be my favorite balls, as they had just the right weight and bounce for my taste, and both the pressure and felt held up well. But this year, I have noticed a dramatic inconsistency in quality. While the felt's durability remains excellent, you never know from can to can how well the pressure will hold -- perhaps 40% of the cans seem about on par with last year's balls, but the other 60% start feeling flat much sooner. My friend noticed it, too, and reserved his few cans left over from last year as a treat for special occasions, since this year's balls were so unpredictable. Comparing labels, I found that last year's balls were made in Thailand, and this year's in China. I wrote to Wilson about my concerns, and never got a response back. Until they get their quality control back in gear, I'll be looking or different balls.
From: Glen. 9/11

Comments: These balls are as good as any I've ever used. They do feel a slightly lighter and livelier than some other brands I've tried, but nothing too dramatic.

Regarding claims of a ball's durability; I really think that the court surface that a person plays on has more impact on a ball's life than anything. There are some terribly rough asphalt hard court surfaces that players use that will wear any ball out after one set, and there are also some relatively smooth cement surfaces that let you use the same balls for two matches.

I play on a variety of hard court surfaces during the week, usually with the same brand and type of ball for extended stretches of time. A rougher textured (or new) hard-court will wear a ball out much quicker than an older, not-recently resurfaced court. Some players prefer to play on the newer, nicer courts for aesthetic reasons; while some players simply prefer a slower surface that fits their game better.
From: BLB, 8/11

Comments: They fluff up noticeably, and are not even consistent from can to can. Most I can live with (just because I already have them), but some are so horrible as I've never seen in any other brand. I've been around all kinds of balls for several years.
From: Anon, Austin, TX, USA, 7/11

Comments: I use these balls from time to time. I've no complaints at all. I've used Penn ATP, Penn Coach, Dunlops, Prince, and Gamma. I really haven't paid too much attention on the characteristics of the various tennis balls I've used. I guess I'm concentrating more on how my racquet is, and the strings. But, I can say that these Wilson's have better durability than Penn. They are also a bit light, and they do fly. They have a nice consistent bounce, and the felt holds up. I don't understand the reviewers that say that these Wilson's are horrible. They are not! Trust me, they are just fine! I will for sure use them again.
From: Wil, Dallas, TX, USA, 08/10

Comments: The worst balls I've played with, out of the cans they were so small and about 15 min warm up and a bit of rally, they were basically unplayable. Most awful balls I've ever used.
From: John, Calgary, Canada, 06/09

Comments: I have been playing for about 3 years, not very long, but I've had time to get the feel of different kinds of tennis balls. Last year I decided to do a science fair project on what kind of tennis ball retains its bounce the best. After playing with Penn, Wilson and Slazenger, I found that on average Wilson only loses about 2 inches of bounce per match, which I made 15 minutes long, while Slazenger lost about 5 inches and Penn 13. so trust me Wilson is the best.
From: Addison, usa. 2/09

Comments: These are the best balls out there, along with the Dunlop Grand Prix XD's. These balls have great pressure maintenance. The felt doesn't poof out, and they bounce great. Unlike the Penn ATP's, these balls don't lose pressure after one and a half sets, and they don't poof out like the Penn ATP's either. I can use these for three sets with no pressure loss (and I hit the ball hard). What else do you need? Highly recommended. You can't go wrong with these or the Dunlop Grand Prix's. These are little pricier than the GP's though. Either way, you're good to go.
From: Brian, Wise, VA, USA, 01/09

Comments: I've played in many tournaments with these balls, and they do wonders for my power game in the first set, because they offer a lot of zip when they are new, but in the second, they run out of zip a little, and get slow. That's just my take, but you should definitely try it for yourself.

Comments: These balls have terrible durability. After one set, I lost all the fuzz on the ball. This was consistent in the 3 cans of balls I used. Other than the durability, however, the ball is very playable when fresh, although a bit light, but still good. In short, a good ball with horrible durability.
From: Anon, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 11/08

Comments: The balls must be retired after a couple of sets and lose their zip. Much prefer Prince which last a lot longer.
From: Bev, Abbotsford, BC. 11/08

Comments: I constantly play with these balls because they are simply the best. I've tried all other balls and the only one that even compares is the Wilson Australian Open Ball. The weight is perfect and it takes hours of play to make them fuzz up.
From: Jonny, Victoria, BC, Canada, 09/08

Comments: I hate this ball. I had a hard time hitting consistently solid shots with ball. It seems a bit light and airy. I prefer the Slazenger Wimbledon's. Now that's an awesome ball.
From: Jenna, Denver, CO, USA, 09/08

Comments: These balls are indeed the best out there today; pressure, felt and other things considered. Like previous posters have stated, "Stick with the Wilsons." Penn ATP balls do not last more than one set, as far as pressure is concerned, and their felt is atrocious and poofs up within one or two games. With the Penn balls, it's as if you're playing with cotton candy covered balls. You won't run into that problem with the US Open Wilsons.
From: Brian. 6/08

Comments: I have purchased several cases of these balls, but I am shopping for something different. These balls fuzz up quickly, and look like they are ready for the dogs after an hour hit with them.
From: Helen, Corvallis, OR. 6/08

Comments: In my opinion, Wilson US Open balls are light and squirrely, and every so often they even shudder a bit if you hit them really hard. They feel very light and floaty. They lose pressure quickly and become squishy, especially when it's hot outside (90+). If you hit hard baseline shots (especially with heavy spin) these are the worst quality name brand balls you can use, each ball behaves slightly differently. Their performance seems to vary more, can to can, than Penns and Dunlops, though Dunlops can be inconsistent per can sometimes too. Dunlops keep their bounce and fuzz longer and have a nice feel. Penn feel heavier and firmer but also last pretty well. I avoid the US open at all costs, but often my opponent brings them to the match and I begrudgingly go along with him. Overrated balls that don't come close to the quality of their competitors - But they say "Wilson and US Open" on them so people buy them.
From: DT, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 06/08

Comments: The Wilson US Open balls only holds its pressure for a 15 minute warm-up and approximately 12 games before they start to go flat and compromise your play. Compared to the Dunlop Grand Prix and Penn ATP balls, the US OPEN ball is the worst- their quality has dropped off as they try to maintain profit margins-don't be fooled!
From: Chris, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 09/07

Comments: These balls keep their pressure better than the Penn ATP, but I think the Dunlop HD Grand Prix are better. I also tried the Slazenger Wimbledon balls and they were awesome.
From: David, NV, USA, 06/07

Comments: These are great balls. I have tried all of the ball brands Penn, Dunlop, Slazenger, and I'm sure I'm missing a few and Wilson U.S. Open are the best. They have better durability than most of the others (last about 3-4 sets) and I like the way they play. I would stick with Wilson.
From: Will, Christiansburg, VA, USA, 06/07

Comments:The user who said these balls are awful frankly doesn't know what he's talking about. I've played with various types, and these remain in good condition longer than any other out there. Where other balls begin changing after two sets, these can go at least 5 sets with little discernible change in behavior. They bounce nicely, and the felt remains in good shape. Stick with Wilson U.S. Open.
From: Mike, San Francisco, CA, USA, 04/07

Comments: Stick with Penn. These balls are too light and harder to control if you're a baseliner.
From: Mike, Grantsville, UT, USA, 02/07

Comments: They feel the best in your hand and feel even better when they come off your strings. I pretty much refuse to play with anything other than U.S. Open.
From: Paul, Chicago, IL, USA. 2/07

Comments: Wilson US Open X-Duty tennis balls are the best balls in tennis today, period. I have played them all, and they last longer and are the only balls worth playing with twice.
From: Patrick, Atlanta, GA, USA. 10/06

Comments: Very good balls. Best Wilson balls available. Best quality - consistence. These are finely balanced and provide consistent bounce. Weight on strokes is also very good - medium to slightly light. They do wear out very fast - 2 sets per can, and they are nearly bare. Pressure maintains well.
From: Ewaryst, Providence, RI 06/06

Comments: I've never tried the Grand Prix, but bought these balls last week and they are the best balls I've used. I'd rate the Wilson and Penn balls at Walmart a 7 and these a 10 as a comparison.
From: Chris, Morganfield, Ky 04/06

Comments: These balls are awesome. They last for a long time. By using these balls, I swear my serves have gained at least 7 mph. I would totally buy these balls again.
From: Jon, Port Angeles, Washington, USA 10/05

Comments: These balls are quite decent and totally off from the past two comments. They last long and maybe not as bright as Dunlop, but they are still pretty bright. STICK WITH THE WILSONS!
From: Adam, Toronto, ON, Canada. 8/05

Comments: These balls are awful! They come out of the case very hard and small. And after a few minutes, they shrink, and all manner of shots go wildly out of control! Stick with Dunlop.
From: Sandor, Toronto, Canada, 6/04

Comments: A nice ball, I will be critical though. These balls don't seem to last quite as long as the Penn Masters Series Balls. They aren't as bright either. At the same price, go for the Penn Masters Series or the Penn ATP Balls.
From: Nick, Pittsburgh, PA. USA. 7/03