Tourna Black Zone String 16 Customer feedback

Comments: The best thing I can say about this string is where do I buy a reel? I've tried it in a full bed, in a hybrid with Kevlar mains, and in a hybrid with Cyclone Mains (my current favorite setup). It's super slick so it provides a great surface for your mains to snap back (which equals more spin). It provides great control. Yet for a black poly I would say it's only medium firm. Tension maintenance is good (I always pre-stretch). I haven't felt the need to cut it out before it died. Finally, it's probably the most comfortable poly I've ever used. Spin production for a round poly is excellent but I do hybrid it with Cyclone to get a few extra RPMs. The only thing I would change is to make a shaped version. 16g, as suggested, does look like a typical 1.25mm string to me. I didn't measure it but it looks very similar to my 17g Cyclone. If you're looking for a firm poly with good spin production, great feel, good tension maintenance, and bonus comfort look no further. One more bonus for a poly it strings really easy too!
From: Alpinenut, 7/14