Tourna Poly Big Hitter Silver String 17 Reel Customer feedback

Comments: Without a doubt, one of the best price/performers on the market today. In reels this string is an outstanding value and really has no downside. Easy to produce spin, nice controlled response and easy on the arm. Strings up with ease even in a full bed. Plays very much like ALU Power without the higher cost and it plays much better over the life of the string job. Can't go wrong with this for under $70.00 a reel. Love this stuff, I hope they never stop making it.

Comments: This string is simply a steal at the current price point. I was happily using Lux ALU Power and decided to give these a try. I have them in a full bed in a midplus frame at 52lbs and I am quite impressed. The feel was better than I expected - firm, but also quite comfortable for a poly (a little softer and overall it felt slightly better than the Luxilon). The spin seemed about the same, tension maintenance and durability are also very good, easilly comparable to the ALU Power but at a much lower price. You have nothing to lose to try these at this price - I think you may also become a believer. This may be the best all-around deal currently out there for those who use poly either in a hybrid or full bed setup. Lastly I also now prefer these to Pro Line II, which I also previously used a lot.

Comments: Strung at 56 in a K6.1 95. I liked the soft feel (and easy to string!), but won't buy again. Lasted approximately 40 minutes of hitting with my partner.
From: Will, 5/12

Comments: I have searched and searched for a string that I can play with, break on time, and not get a sore wrist and elbow (typically from using a purely poly bed of strings). I have tried all the Luxilon strings and nothing touches this string. This string holds the ball and gives me huge grab at the ball and the best pop I've ever felt. Lasts for days of 6 hour sessions(although I clip every two days to keep tension) a must try for anyone who can control this string. it ors great in my Head Youtek Prestige at 58 lbs.
From: Nico, 9/11

Comments: Nice feel to the string but this is not a durable string. Holds tension well had it in the mains as a hybrid with a 16g syn gut and pops after only 4-5 hrs of play. I can get similar feel and much longer life in a cheaper brand. Tried out the string but probably will not buy again. Now trying out a full set at about 57lbs in my Ozone Tours.
From: Jason, Conway, AR, USA, 03/11
NTRP 5.0

Comments: This string is great. It maintains tension well and provides good ball bite, power and feel. The only downside to this string for me was that I popped four main strings after four days of hitting.
From: Dan, East Bay, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: I put this in the mains with Gamma Synthetic Gut 16 in the crosses. The thing that impressed me the most about this setup was the control and feel I was getting. Spin was about average in comparison to other polys I've played. It held tension pretty well for about 7 sets of tennis and then the Tourna poly was completely stretched. Overall a pretty nice string and at a nice price.
From: Ryan, SF Bay Area, Ca, 10/10

Comments: Great string been using it for two years now works wonders on my Wilson K factor k6.1 95 16/18 it has a lot of pop and hardly has any bite the strings only more sometimes when I'm putting enormous spin. The 17 gauge is a much more better string because of the control and spin you get and it's also a durable string for the price. I'll going to stick with this string for a long time.
From: Justin, Temecula, CA, USA, 08/10

Comments: I have tried the 16 gauge version of this string (also an excellent string for the money) and also this string (17 gauge). What folks say about the 17 gauge in terms of having more playability is spot on and makes this an excellent string. In addition, the fact it is also durable and plays much like Luxilon Alu Power makes this string an excellent value. I have tried this string in the mains with Prince Synthetic Gut 16 with Duraflex in the crosses, keeping both at the same tension, and the combination plays wonderfully. Since I generate most of my power I string it at the high end and control and feel are excellent! Wilson K Factor KSix One Tour 90 at 63lbs.
From: Jeff, North Carolina 01/10

Comments: This is the best string I have ever used amazing. It doesn't move at all! Holds tension great, spin is crazy, and you can flatten it out whenever you want. Also, more feel than big banger and the durability is outstanding!
From: Chris, Carlsbad, CA, USA. 05/09

Comments: I didn't know what to expect. I heard some good feedback, but took a chance and was totally surprised. The spin was outstanding, and the feel was better than most polys. I've been playing with it for 4 matches now, and it still hasn't lost its pop. Luxilon and others go dead so fast, just not worth it. Wish TW had reels!
From: Stephen, Chapel Hill, NC. 3/08

Comments: I used to be an avid user of the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Original, but it really blew a hole in my wallet. Reading so many positive customer feedback on Unique Tourna Poly Big Hitter, I just had to give this string a try since an earlier customer said that college players could not tell the difference between this string and Luxilon. So what is my opinion of Poly Big Hitter? I honestly can't tell the difference either. This string can generate a tonne of spin, it feels soft and isn't bad for my elbow and I have just the right amount of power and plenty of control. Seriously, for half the price of Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power, you gotta give this string a go. You'll be more than impressed. What a bargain!
From: Robert, Sydney, NSW, Australia. 12/07

Comments: Exceptional value for a string indistinguishable from the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power. The string is conducive to producing controlled shots laced with power, and generating spin. Easy on the arm if you string it at the lesser of 10% or 5 lbs from your usual stringing tension for a synthetic gut. Too bad TW does not have reels available.
From: SK, Mission Viejo, CA, USA. 10/07

Comments: I've been using this poly for a good 6 months now, and it is the nuts. I have used Luxilon prior and Unique felt better. You can't go wrong with the price either! Top value for your money...
From: Vin, San Jose, CA, USA. 8/07

Comments: I know the stringer that strings for my college's men's tennis team Division I, and some of the guys on the team use Luxilon BB ALU power. The stringer replaced the ALU power with Tourna Poly Big Hitter to see if the players can tell a difference. Well, it fooled the players! Then I bought a pack and tried it and I am very impressed. It's not a harsh at all, and it's firm and gives so much control. I strung it at 59/55 lbs on my M-fil 200 and I hit with pretty good topspin, and after hitting with my friend for 3 days, NONE OF THE STRINGS MOVED, except the two mains on the side. That is simply amazing. I am a 4.0 player. I would recommend the 17 gauge. Since the strings don't move at all, going with the thinner version will give more spin and playability, and these strings seem really durable. I hope TW will carry this in a reel and perhaps carry the 18g version, if it exists.
From: Derek, Berkeley, CA, USA. 5/07