Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough String 16 Reel Customer feedback

Comments: Pretty good stuff. Durability is great but it can last anywhere from 2hrs to couple of months depending on how you hit. One of the better co-polys out there. Price is unbeatable if you buy it in a reel. I recomend this over the silver rough.

Comments: I just played a tournament with this string. The power is good, the control is good, and so is the spin. It felt like when I thought the shot was going out it would drop in. These strings do not move around at all. I have 3 Wilson Tour 90's strung at 61 lbs, and I have still been hitting with the same one for about 10 hours and it has little nicks. So, the durability is good for me. I'll probably string it around 59 or 58 next time and try that. This string does not offer a huge amount of feel but for a poly it is sufficient enough. The spin is amazing and I would recommend it for the performance and price.
From: Garland, 8/12

Comments: This string plays like a dream for the first 2 sets. Unbelievable feel + good power + control. After 2 sets, the feel drops to normal string feel, it is no longer extraordinary, still very much playable. Have played close to 6 sets and still have same power and control and not dead yet and not harsh at all. The string description is true, this helps a lot for fast swings. I take big swings at the ball and I get great control and power out of it. I am playing full bed on Donnay 99 Gold.
From: Krish, 6/12

Comments: This is a very good string. I strung Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough 16 on mains and with either Big Hitter Blue 17 or Big Hitter Silver Rough 16 on crosses. The rough edge on the Big Hitter Blue Rough is very profound, therefore it is very easy to create top spin. String got plenty of control and power too. After 6 weeks the mains got some light notches, but never moved. Other than that everything is still good.

Comments: Okay first off I have to say that this string plays great and has a lot of positive qualities. It gives good ball control and excellent spin, but the durability is absolutely horrendous! I'm a Future's level 6.0 player, and I pop these strings in about 60-80 minutes. That means I'm stringing at least 1-2 racquets EVERY DAY! I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Maybe it'll last for lower level players but for tournament players it's just not worth it.
From: Brendon. 6/11

Comments: After using the Big Hitter 16 gauge string extensively in hybrid setups with synthetic gut, I thought I would give the rough a try. Overall, it generates very good spin, especially on slice backhand shots; however, it is not as durable as the non-rough version and breaks at higher tensions (i.e. >60 lbs). However, I did find good durability in the 50-60 lb. range. Overall, a great string for the money, especially when compared to Luxilon Alu Power Rough.
From: Jeff, NC, USA, 02/11

Comments: First time using Tourna string. Very nice poly string. Good ball pocketing, good feel and most important, it feels soft. I tried couple poly before, most of them gave me good spin and power but don't have the soft feel like multi strings. But this one is very good and I love serving with this string, the spin is just fantastic. The power and spin of my serve gives me so much confidence to serve harder and w/good control.
From: Johnny, Lynnwood, WA, USA, 12/10

Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough String 16 Reel - Where to go from here

TOURNA Reels
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Blue Polyester Tennis String